PlayStation Ruhr Sieg Nord - Pzb System Discussion

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Vinnie, Oct 12, 2018.

?
  1. Yes, and I know how it works.

16 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. No, but I want to learn about it.

14 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. Yes, however I'm not sure how it works.

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  4. No, I'm not interested.

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

(At first I just like to apologize for any grammar mistakes, since english isn't my native language)

I suppose most of you are aware of the PZB system featured on RSN, and how rewarding can be to the overall experience.
    I'm curious to know what experiences are you having so far with PZB now that it has been implemented correctly?

PS: PZB are also featured on Rapid Transit route, however at the current state the system is fairly broken, compromising the steep learning curve even more. Very confusing indeed, mainly if you are not aware of how it supposed to work.

Some guides to understand PZB and the German Signalling you can find here:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/15rMbxCG19bHquN53hhgNKMIb7BczH6nAMv9p-EBvLO4/edit?usp=sharing

This is an excellent in-depth guide by forum user ProfCreeptonius. Thanks Prof!

Here:
    https://store.steampowered.com/manual/577355
    The official RSN manual by Dovetail

Also, an in-depth video you can find on YouTube, called Train Simulator: German & Austrian Signalling Guide

Made recently by PTGRail

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  2. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

My major criticism of this game, even though I do really like it, is the lake of proper in-depth tutorials, or even a manual within the game.

Several times I've managed to stop the train completely and been unable to restart it, it's only after finding this forum that I've managed to find answers to a lot of the stuff, that in my opinion you should be shown or at least be able to find, within the game itself.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

I understand the lack of information within the game in some cases, funny enough this turns out to be something positive for me, since I've needed to search information on my own and learned a lot about a plethora of things related. Unfortunately not everyone has time and patience to do so.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Northlander

Northlander Guest

My only issue is how the circle button on the controller doesn't respond to a PZB magnet alarm when using the DR 143 loco, it only responds to Sifa alarms

• Like Like x 1
  5. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

That would be me :D

My gaming time is limited as it is, I don’t need to be completely spoon fed everything, but I would like to have the basic requires information available to me, without having to hunt the internet for answers, or just as I’m sure many people would’ve done, is assume it’s a big and the game is broken when the train comes to a halt and refuses to move no matter what you do, only to discover you need to do a cold start, which not only does the game not tell you that’s what you need to do, even if you realise that’s the answer, you have to hunt online for the manual to find out how to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

I voted 'yes and I know how it works' though I don't have RSN because I won't purchase it until RT is fixed(or a refund of some description given). That said, I use PZB in TS20xx and really enjoy it because it adds an extra challenge to driving as well as reinforcing the fact you're driving a German train and not a British or an American train, thus adding to the immersion.

One of the good things about completely modelling the system is that you can also isolate the system. So if I just want to explore the route, take screenshots or focus more on the scenery without worrying about the brakes coming on, then I can do that as well.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ali D

Ali D Member

There is an online manual I found after googling it and it does go into good detail on pzb and signalling systems

8. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  9. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem...

10. Northlander

Northlander Guest

With practice (honestly you will) I've resorted to use the cursor mode and use the actual switch on the desk. Hopefully a fix will come sooner rather than later

11. Northlander

Northlander Guest

Thanks for the heads-up, just printed it out and you're right, helps one million percent, especially after playing it, you find that you have specific questions that you need confirmation on what is happening, the manual has answered loads of questions I've had, which in turn has increased my enjoyment and I'm now confident I'm 'doing it right'

• Like Like x 1
  12. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

For sure, all other locomotives have the acknowledgement mapped correctly. I really don't understand how this happened.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

When you say 'isolate the system' you mean, just turn off? Maybe I could be missing something, that's why I'm asking :)

14. Northlander

Northlander Guest

DTG reckon not everyone has this issue and that it might be something to do with your PS4's serial number or dualshock 4.....

15. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

For the purposes of TSW, yes, just turn off. In reality safety systems are 'isolated' rather than turned off, as even when isolated the safety system is still powered and often still recording/processing information.

16. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

Just of interest where do turn on or off the PZB? I play on Xbox, I was looking in the options but couldn’t see anything for enabling or disabling it or the HUDfor that matter.

17. Northlander

Northlander Guest

It's off by default, but in the DR143 the switch is down the corridor behind the driver's cab

• Like Like x 1
  18. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

Thanks. I’ll have a look next time I play.

19. Northlander

Northlander Guest

How is the XBox community in TSW? Just curious with you joining in the PS4 forum discussions, wondered if it's not as popular on the forums at least?

20. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Its about the same as here in terms of posts. I personally play on Xbox but some questions are the same for both versions so I check the PS4 forums as well

• Like Like x 1
  21. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

As above, much the same as here, although there are some rather sensitive souls that are quick to dish out personal abuse or get quite put out if you dare to cristicise any aspect of the game :)

Now I like it, but there’s a lot needs fixing and a hell of a lot that the game just doesn’t explain to you, which I think it should. I figured I check both sections, there’s double the chance of picking up useful info.

Either way, it certainly seems poorly optimised on both platforms and I really hope they’re working on or have plans to work in taking advantage of the extra power of the Pro and the X, after they’ve fixed the bugs of course, but from what I’ve been reading that won’t be any time soon, if at all, lol

• Like Like x 1
  22. Northlander

Northlander Guest

Any other company, big or small would have been on this day 1....but reading the PC forums...DTG have been like this since 2012 apparently, don't fix - release something new - rinse and repeat. A shame, they actually have cornered the market here, just look at what Giants have done with the Farm Sim franchise, speaking of which, 7th Nov for FS19

• Like Like x 1