Tsw3 The Definitive Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Sep 2, 2022.

1. 5cip

5cip Active Member

dangerousdave maybe tsw 3 has reset ur settings like my settings ?

2. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Using geloxo's performance tweaks and DX12, my average FPS is about the same but the stuttering is massively improved compared to DX11. Doing 225km/h on SEHS:

upload_2022-9-3_0-36-5.png

That's a very smooth line.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  3. What settings would those be please?

Do you mean ini.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Well so far I've managed to catapult a few trains randomly... Can't seem to replicate :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

Let us know how it goes!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, I'm playing on 4k with highest settings and thankfully getting the same consistent 60fps as I was in TSW2.

Must say SEHS is much more fun to drive now, especially the high speed runs, mainly due to the much improved tunnel lighting and overall sound of the Javelin.

Couple of caveats though:
    Route is still pretty empty of passengers
    Quite a few empty yards and sidings.
    St Pancras must be the dullest terminus in the game, even beats out Victoria for sheer dreariness.
    Eye adaptation is exaggerated, coming out of a very short tunnel it really shouldn't be that big a deal.

I haven't driven at night or in bad weather, so can't say much about lighting?

Overall, though, a pretty good driving experience.

I drove a little bit on Cajon and it looks OK. The C4 seems very well modeled in-cab and scenery is impressive.

Downside? The track and ballast look like the model railway I had as a kid. Why can't the ballast be blended like it is in real life?

I always compare any new US freight route to Sand Patch Grade and nothing I've seen since has improved on that route.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Oh thank you both for this, I'm also managing a relatively smooth 40fps with this and DX12 running, and my rig is fairly entry level as they go these days.

I agree variation is not the watchword for SKW, but I am partial to a long distance relaxing jaunt, the scenery is simply stunning, and LZB and AFB allow you to enjoy it without having to worry about sudden speed reductions.

And, I mean...
    Train Sim World 3®   03_09_2022 01_04_13.png

For me, the sky and lighting alone are worth the price, the ICE1 is the icing on the cake.

• Like Like x 8
  8. Callum B.

This is exactly why I am in love with Cajon Pass, so I completely understand your position.

I just hope that in the future we will be able to take the DB BR 401 on some more interactive routes. It's quite a weighty train for high speed so it would be nice to drive it somewhere a bit more challenging.

Cheers

9. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

The 2D foliage of SKW puts me off significantly. Otherwise it's not a particularly spectacular route, plunged from tunnel to bridge and back to tunnel. My resident German on my stream was very dissapointed in the quality of the route.

Cajon pass looks good, except for bad level crossings and no flashing lights. Also how does the dyn bake work for the C4?

I haven't tried SEHS yet.

10. Pixelade

Pixelade Well-Known Member

i though the crossing gates were supposed to lower and cars stop? :o

Attached Files:

11. zefreak

zefreak Active Member

The lightning and sky are so much better, it actually is a bigger impact to my enjoyment than I thought. Cajon is a great route and is likely to become one of my favorites

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Ugh, there's just too many small things wrong with Cajon for me to like it wholly, Ill probably buy it Monday via the US starter pack, but it could of been so much more.....

• Like Like x 1
  13. w2sjw

w2sjw Active Member

I'm playing with the ES44 in the training center, and I absolutely love the sounds (they got the 'whoop' and everything). She actually sounds like a proper GEVO, and I hope when Horseshoe Curve makes it over that they port the sounds to the ES44AC's there.

I'm running at 1440 with FPS locked at 60 FPS using Geloxo's engine tweaks from TSW2 (150% screen percentage). Very stable and smooth so far. I've got a LOT more things to check out this weekend. Running on 'Ultra' preset with 'Very High' sky settings, I'm getting 48 to 50 on foot outside the units, and 58 to 60 while in the cab.

Ryzen 5800X / RTX 3070 / 32GB DDR4-3600 / NVMe SSD for comparison specs.

• Like Like x 3
  14. w2sjw

w2sjw Active Member

Second quick update - the yard at the start of Cajon Pass has some strange shadow issues on all the ES44's, especially when they are in motion & viewed from the exterior camera. You will get large flickering shadow 'boxes' that encompass the entire front of the engine. Not sure what's causing this, because the units in the training center don't display this at all:
    Cajon_Shadow_Issues.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. heliq

heliq Active Member

Mastery fix please) Again don't work

• Like Like x 1
  16. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Apparently DTG doesn't program what the preach,they warn players to obey the rules around real trains yet they can't be bothered to check there programing for foolish flaws like traffic going over crossing while trains pass because saftey system don't work.This is sad because there have been to many real life news stories about cars/trucks/schoolbuses hit by real trains and in those encounters traffic and trains don't just phase thru each other.

• Like Like x 2
  17. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

Thinking a little too deeply about it I think mate, it's just a bug that needs fixing. God forbid you play gta where the ai freak out and run over anyone and everyone..

Shocking that that bug exists in the first place tbh, with such an emphasis on how vehicles now stop when barriers come down and drive through when they're up, you'd think this is something QA would've focused on, but we are talking about DTG's QA so shouldn't be too surprised I guess, but still a shame.

• Like Like x 1
  18. breblimator

breblimator Guest

True & What-a-shot! Wow, just wow

• Like Like x 1
  19. NanoRoo

NanoRoo New Member

I bought the standard version as I already have SoS and have little interest in the included routes. That being said, I'm loving it so far! A big step forward.

• Like Like x 2
  20. bogallan1

bogallan1 Member

Must say, I had a very quick dabble last night on the new sim and from my early observations, TSW3 for me, is like night and day compared to TSW2. So much better and more enjoyable to play. I am sure there will be faults and niggles - there always are, but I’d l just like to say “Thank you” to DTG.

• Like Like x 6
  21. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

I'm in love with the new ES44C4 overall sound. That low rumbling GEVO prime mover, that whining traction motor sound, uuhhh yeahh babyyy. Cheers XD

• Like Like x 2
  22. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well after reading all these positive comments I can feel myself wavering again!

• Like Like x 3
  23. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Yep, quite a few good news. But I´ll wait to see how the DLC transfers work. As bug infested as many of them are, let´s see how TSW3 handles this part.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yes, it's all certainly a lot more positive than I was expecting based on the last few releases. There are obviously a few glitches which need to be sorted, but nothing seems to be catastrophic. I'm still going to wait until I've bagged the TSW2 platinum, but that's not far off so if the full launch / DLC drop in goes well and the Save function gets reinstated and sorted, I'll think about picking up the SoS pack...

25. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

With DX12 (and heavy .ini tweaks that reduce framerates) I'm back to ~30fps, which with my old 2070 potato, I'm happy with (still need to save for a new box, I'm thinking). Verb sap: DX12 tends to improve things if you have an older CPU and a higher end GPU, if your system is the other way round and already GPU limited, it can make things worse.

I agree with the other positive comments, less glitching and much better skies and lighting. My .ini tweaks make some shadows go a bit 'pixellated' or fuzzy, I need to do more experimenting.

26. Suryaaji#2369

In fact, from my 2-3hrs of playing TSW3 so far, my gameplay much smoother without any engine.ini tweaks, i capped the frame rates at 40 fps via Nvidia Control Panel and left the game settings at unlimited.

27. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

It's certainly encouraging reading the feedback here and seeing those screenshots, can't blame you for giving in! I'm tempted, very very tempted but I'm still going to hold off until I see how current reported bugs and issues are dealt with.

Also, does anyone own the updated SOS route (if it's been released) and if so, have the non existent AI steam chuffs and carriage substitutions been fixed?

28. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Dusk really has gone from the worst to the best time of day with the lighting update.

Don't get me wrong, there are improvements that could be made with the bright sunlight during daytime, but overall it's a great step forwards.

Train Sim World 3®   03_09_2022 11_06_00.png

Train Sim World 3®   03_09_2022 11_16_30.png

Train Sim World 3®   03_09_2022 11_18_37.png

• Like Like x 9
  29. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I was not really sold on the lighting and weather when first announced by DTG I did not see them as really Game changing. But I knew the Game lighting needed work. Having played SEHS with some Early morning runs the lighting and weather changes make a huge difference. A Misty ECS run from Gillingham to Strood was amazing. Cannot remember which month I set it to but it was not 100% dark. The Misty cloud with the sun starting to shine was really good. The mist cleared and then the sky was cloudy. The transition in brightness was very convincing. Love the HS1 Runs from Ashford. I am really enjoying TSW3 and the SEHS timetable by Joe and James is really good. And having the weather change adds some much needed variation to Timetable mode.

• Like Like x 5
  30. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Some floating traffic and static assets on the Cajon route, I have everything maxed out but mountains are popping into existence daytime seems a little washed out on all routes too.

31. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Just played my first full service on SEHS and these are my thoughts and findings.
    I did 1j09 from Margate to St Pancras and the below are my observations as I went along the route.

11 miles from Ebbsfleet there is a long tunnel, I noticed in here that the Tunnel exit kept randomly popping up and dissappearing long beforre the end of it.

I then passed over a motorway that had about 3 cars on it.

I really like the tunnel effects and it is a huge and significant improvement over TSW2.

Tree pop in, this as I notice it, is still a little too close to the cab (personal preference I guess and appreciate it hits performance).

I loved Ebbsfleet station, looks nice although the walk way between the two perhaps needs some detailing.

Opposite Dartford Crossing Bridge I noticed a bit of scenery which looks like its been played with and forgotten, a random hill almost. You can see this just above the nose of the train.
    Screenshot (208).png

Love the new variety of cars on the transporters rather than 100 silver audis. So much better.

Fences again look a lot better and more realistic

The 395 has better sounds and I like the rattling, prototypical or not it adds to the experience. (please dont carbon copy it to every train, different rattles would be appreciated).

Cabin lighting seems a lot better internally.

Stratford Station lighting looked epic as did St Pancras. The lighting is night and day with this game. I'm sure it will get picked apart by people with more awareness than me but to me personally it looked tremendous.

Running on a 2080ti I was hitting a pretty solid locked 62fps with everything on ultra and 125% screen size playing on a widescreen 1440 monitor. The game does still stutter quite a bit in places but to be fair with how good it looks for now i'll swallow that.

TrainSim-Matt DTG JD - Just a tag to say thank you. Looks bloody awesome and I hope this is the way forward. Thank you gents (and DTG teams). Really impressive work and I hope the above is useful.

• Like Like x 10
  32. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Thank you for the feedback! Really good to see overall you're enjoying it - we'll aim to keep refining as we go through.

• Like Like x 4
  33. joerg.lange

joerg.lange Well-Known Member

I must also say - even if I always find something to complain about and there is certainly still a lot of potential for improvement - overall it has really become a good product this time.

The lighting looks very good, clouds and weather too. I like the sounds and the menu system is efficient and doesn't confuse me. Even the performance is - against all fears - not worse than before (which is fine considering the improved graphics).

I really hope that DTG keeps this momentum and continues like this. From my point of view, a save function and less engine reload stutters would still be important.

What would be really fantastic: if at least the latest TSW2 routes could be improved to the TSW3 quality level later on. I would gladly pay a few Euros for such "preservation"-updates.

• Like Like x 4
  34. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

A note on level crossings on Cajon: we're aware, and a fix is currently going through QA.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  35. nhilsubsolenovum

nhilsubsolenovum Active Member

Is there anyway to turn down the sound just on the wipers and AWS ? It's driving me nuts how loud they are.

• Like Like x 1
  36. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

It's great to hear a lot of positive feedback, the above shots look great.... can't wait to have a play, just 3hrs of downloading to go.....

Looking forward to seeing how the new signalling/TPWS/OSS work out on SEHS, a big plus point for me, but I may be in the minority on that one....

37. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

For those who worry about the sound of the 395, I've been in the rear cab of one at speed and they are surprisingly well insulated.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. 5cip

5cip Active Member

sry for late answer
    i mean the in game settings not the .ini which where reset everytime i started tsw 3

39. No worries man. I haven't had that problem. The game settings don't reset after a restart. I think it's just the 4k res, it's never done tsw any justice. Then it could be that my 3070 just isn't up to the job. I'm gonna grab the old hd monitor from the office today and see how it looks on that. I've noticed there's been some extra settings added to the graphics options aswell, nice for pc community.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  40. martschuffing

Well, I managed to break the 401! Could not reset it after an LZB/PZB trip.

41. Callum B.

Bahnhof Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe is also another excellent display of care taken to ensure good lighting. Even though I'm pretty sure it's all baked, it seems the artists really got the global illumination effect to look convincing (notice the reflection of the red brick glowing under the stairs, for example). I hope we can expect this kind of fine quality in future TSW3 routes.

[​IMG]

Cheers

• Like Like x 9
  42. chieflongshin

We do still get a bit of this jazz from time to time still mind you....

Screenshot (232).png

• Like Like x 1
  43. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

Finally downloaded and had a play, Gillingham 465 ECS move to Rochester.....well, what a sim, all departments have been so much improved, the driving physics, lighting and sounds are all amazing. Very immersive indeed, had dynamic weather ticked from clear and stayed clear the whole time - which is nice to know you don't get changable weather every time.....adds so much more to the driving experience.

Physics and sounds v close to openBVE which says a lot (never had the 465, so maybe it was as good in TSW2?). Really looking forward to the future routes and trains, wonder what JT have in store for us?

V well done DTG!

• Like Like x 3
  44. chieflongshin

Just spotted this little oddity too on Cajon, notice the edge of the mountain.... This is the scenario that mentions wildfires. Not sure if it is like it in service mode but guess potentially.

Still loving the game though

Screenshot (234).jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  45. martschuffing

Yeah, it was the same for me.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. chieflongshin

Collectibles Counter - On Sehs, not sure if this is because it's an extension but I now have 28 or 25 maps. Not sure it team aware or if it's a "is how it is" thing. Cheers.

47. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Yeah I noticed this. I remember Matt talking about this in one of his personal streams. This is one of the reasons he uses FXAA - Antialiasing instead of TAA as this does not occur. I tried FXAA and it looks too grainy on my setup. I think Matt said they were looking at this so maybe a fix one day.

48. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

Me, too. Some posted this elsewhere and apparently it is prototypical:
    Fully release throttle & brake and then press the “HLL Fill” button to the right of the three screens, next to the rather traditional looking circular gauge.

That should release the brakes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. Suryaaji#2369

Hi guys, happy sunday to y'all.
    Anyone knows recommended engine.ini tweaks for the not-so-powerful hardware & systems? To gain few more fps without losing to much visual looks of the games.

50. chieflongshin

I've noticed there is still that reduced shadow draw in..... I've spotted it and cant not see it now. I think this must have been something I had reduced with a command before.

Screenshot (242).jpg

• Like Like x 2