Xbox One X

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by daviddaz, Aug 4, 2018.

1. daviddaz

daviddaz Member

Can we have a enhanced version for the xbox1x . I’m sure it could be greatly improved from the extra power .

• Like Like x 3
  2. gangrel

gangrel Member

They're supposedly working on it

• Like Like x 1
  3. Symbiot911

Symbiot911 Member

Hope so it runs no better on my Xbone x than on my regular Xbone. And how about giving us vibration feedback like in TS 2018 on PC. When I connect my Xbone controller up to my pc and play TS 2018 the vibration feedback makes the game feel so much more realistic than on console where it's fun, but rather bland because it's missing that element of movement. Feeling the gaps in the rails and going over points or whatever just adds a sense of realism that is sadly lacking in the console version of TSW. I can't understand why when every game I've ever played on console has vibration feedback, except this one. We're the devs just to lazy and couldn't be bothered including one of the most important elements gives a simulation game a sense of realism?

4. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I think the same and I hope for an enhanced patch. Anyway, on xbox one x, tsw already looks like another game if comparated with the standard version.

5. Symbiot911

Symbiot911 Member

Ok Got another one here. I'm doing the first stage of the To the Beach scenario. I'm supposed to get to Crowcombe Heathfield by 12:39. The Max speed I can get to is 25kph but most of the way it sits on 23kph. Now, to travel 100 meters at 23kph should take around 16 seconds, but in the game it takes anywhere from 19 to 23 seconds to travel 100 meters. I put a stop watch on it. So if this is the case, and it seems to be because every time I try this scenario I can't get to Crowcombe Heathfield by 12:39, then DTG's speed timings are totally up the creek and doesn't give us a hope of making to the first station on time. I wonder if they realise their speed v distance travelled are up the creek?

6. Symbiot911

Symbiot911 Member

I really don't see terribly much difference I tried playing West Somerset on my xbox one this morning. I'm just firing it up on the one x and 4k TV now. I'm gonna see if I can notice any graphical improvements. I'm not expecting to see much change as, as we know, DTG are so backwards in their programming that the game isn't one x optimised When I think about it, in a sense it's not xbox one optimised as such either. I mean, it is to a degree but really, the graphics are at a level we were seeing in the later days of the xbox 360. Games like Dead Island, and even the first couple of Far Cry games had around the same graphical quality as TSW, they had those same shadowy areas around objects like when you look at the people in the game when they are sitting in the coaches. Also, and this is quite unbelievable, there's the distinct lack of physics nothing in the game moves, apart from the train, but stuff like trees blowing gently in the wind, and vibration feedback, which is the staple of any game on console and one of the reasons console gamers prefer controllers over keyboards and mice. I mean, how can they make a game such as this and manage to make it feel so utterly bland? Were they actually thinking about what might be a good thing to have in a game that involves a vehicle running on steel tracks. I would have thought vibration feedback would be a fundamental and crucial part of the game to give it at least a little realism. When I hook my controller up to my pc and play TS 2018, the vibration feedback in that game makes sooo much difference to the level of realism it's actually hard to conner back to the console and play a comparatively boring version of very similar games. I just hope like hell they initiate 64 bit on the console, as they have with TS 2019. If it already utilises 64 bit architecture, then God help us all, because there will be no hope for this game unless something very, very drastic changes

• Like Like x 1
  7. Retrovertigo

Retrovertigo Member

Yeah graphically it is really pretty shoddy to be honest. The closest comparison I can make is to GTA V and riding the train on that. The smoothness, level of detail and draw distance is nuts compared to this. And GTA V is a port of a 360 game! Now I know they don't have a massive team, but I've played plenty of Indie stuff that uses stuff like Unreal Engine and looks a heck of a lot better. I do wonder sometimes if there really is a mentality of "that will do" at Dovetail.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Well to know. I only remember that I started to play TSW on xbox one standard (Founders Edition) and GWE turned very bad! I meet invisible AI trains (I can only hear the sound or in some situation look also the smoke after that AI invisible train passed). During my run the tracks turn invisibles also for a long time and also if my train speed was under the 50kmh and my train start to run (or flight?) over the ground. The framerate was absolutely terrifying (near to be unplayabe)!!! When I passed on xbox one x (before Dovetail released the 1st big patch) my TSW world is literally changed. I'll like to find a good 1:1 comparison between the PC with a good graphic card and the XB1X version, and I searched on Youtube some PC videos but Its not easy to find same route, same service (or direction+hour of the day), the same weather condition and as last the same camera angle (In all my vids I play from external camera, with my locomotive front in mid range and camera locked in the track near the mine, to see also a part of cars). I dont know if I can insert in this thread my WSR or RSN video, I dont know if its legit or not.

Edit I try to link a RSN Service run. Probably Im mad but -imo- in some parts of this route (when the sunlight hit the locomotive frontal spoiler, just under the marker lights) TSW touch something near the photo-realism, imo. There are just some issues with the tracks uploading texures to fix and some little problem of "framerate-crash" (if you run from Finnentrop to Hagen in a freight service always at 3.4 kilometer from Hagen, always in the same point). Other minor issue is the distance bugged, even from the km 3.4 until Hagen (its like if the gps stop to follow the route and calculate the distance between our train and the arrival point following the air-line). If linking videos its not legit I asking to moderators to edit this post and remove my video. Thank you.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  9. Symbiot911

Symbiot911 Member

Regardless, if you compare the graphical quality of this game compared to most other games on Xbox one, standard or X, doesn't matter, it's almost archaic. Sure, there are moments when it looks acceptable, but look at whe weird shadowy effect arround so many things, that is reminiscent of the days of Dead Island, and there's probably a good chance they used the same engine, but that was so many years ago. There's no bump mappin, no specular lighting, no physics, the cows in the paddocks are glued to the spot, you can't derail the trains, no controller vibration, it's still as buggy as hell and personally, I'm giving up on it until I hear that there's been some sort of improvements. I have never, ever been so dissapointed in a product. The developers should be ashamed of themselves.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Usually, to make a comparision I use 2 or more videogames of the same typology. So, to be not totally honest with TSW I'll using a video of a PC game (TS2018) with ultra setup: cpu intel i9, gpu nvidia gtx 1080 ti (at today the best in term of graphic).

Now, I think TSW is 10 years forward if compared with TS "series" in term of graphic: textures, short and mid-range details, shadows, light effects, etc... and why not, also as phisical of the passengers walking...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Symbiot911

Symbiot911 Member

You are so right about GTA V, it was a port from the 360 and one of the reasons I refused to buy it again for the Xbone, thought was a bad move by Rockstar. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the unreal engine is capable of much, much more than what we are seeing on TSW. Why they didn't use frostbite or some other engine is beyond me. Probably cost treks related. The thing is, I still can't help but feel like they are using the oldest unreal engine they could get their hands on, in fact, it's probably the same one from 4 or 5 years ago when the game on PC was CPU bound and even machines with decent dual or quad core CPU's still had trouble with it because it only utilised one core. The xbox one /x runs on a 64 bit processor. My question is, why would a game developer make a game that runs on a 32 bit process that can only utilise 3.5gb of memory when you have consoles with 64 bit and up to 12gb of gddr5 memory? This is why it runs no different on the one x. Hopefully like they've just done with TS 2019, they will manage to implement 64 bit code on the console version Until then, I don't think we can expect much improvement in frame rates and such

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

You are wrong on the age of the engine.. its already 20 years old.
    But the version currently in use in TSW is 4.16 which came out in May 2017, this is a half year after the first release of the game.
    They will again upgrade the engine as soon as something useful is integrated and actually worth the work.
    The game always was using more than one core of the CPU, so was multi-threaded from the beginning.
    There is no special 64bit version of the game because it simply is only 64bit, never had a 32bit version.

13. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Unreal Engine 4 was released in 2014. Its not an old engine. Unreal Engine is one of the best out there. Frostbite is EA only, they wont license to any other Company and imo UE is better than Frostbite.
    UE4 has powered games on Xbox like Gears of War 4, Sea of Thieves, Fortnite and many many more. So the Engine is capable of a lot.

IMO they have just done the bare minimum in terms of Console Optimization for TSW. Compared to the Founders Edition the game runs much better. So if they keep it up with optimzation in regular intervals i believe the game can perform better on Consoles than its doing now.

On a personal note, besides the flaws i still get my fun and enjoyment out of that game.

14. Crochunter1970

Crochunter1970 Active Member

There has been extensive testing on framerate by a player. Checking performance differences between Xbox 1 and Xbox X. He posted the videos in these forums. Graphics obviously the same between both machine, but a improvement in framerate on the X is noticeable.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ross NCC1701

Ross NCC1701 Member

I am informed by Dovetail that they have no plans to make an Xbox One Enhanced, or 4K, version of TSW. However, they also say that that may change in the future.

16. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

I shan't hold my breath :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mr Fad

Mr Fad Member

Yikes :( if they genuinely have no plans to add one X support and improve the game in general I have no plans to buy anymore dlc :/ such a shame as this game could and should be great but it's in dire need of better optimisation, one x support, qol features such as vibration feedback and way more scenarios!

• Like Like x 1
  18. DeltaNui

DeltaNui New Member

DTG has difficulty patching glaring bugs in a timely manner. You’ll never see an enhanced release.