What Happened ?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by juliplus#6089, Sep 3, 2022.

1. juliplus#6089

juliplus#6089 Active Member

So much positivity the last two days…
    In this Forum??
    Must be a Dream

• Like Like x 8
  2. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

TSW3 is a great release....alot of people are realising that :) DTG deserve all the kudos coming their way

• Like Like x 20
  3. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes me too

• Like Like x 2
  4. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

I strongly suspect there would not be as much postivity if the first four days of TSW3 weren't restricted to the four base routes.

• Like Like x 5
  5. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

I also suspect most issues will pop up when the TSW2 stuff gets enabled in TSW3.
    Also, the more critical people certainly did not buy early access for TSW3

• Like Like x 6
  6. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

True on both counts.

Let them revel in the glory of the soft release for now. I suspect there may be a storm coming!

• Like Like x 4
  7. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

It's the post launch support that is the achilles heel of DTG. There has been few successful releases recently (Harlem Line, Spirit of Steam), that were dragged down by the lack fo post-launch support. This is the stuff people were very vocal about, and why TSW3 is leaving a sour taste in some people mounth.

Issues will pop out in TSW3, there is no way around that in software development. And I'm really hoping DTG will be better at fixing stuff (and getting them through testing) in a timely fashion. Including the disabled savegame functionality.

• Like Like x 4
  8. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

I fear many bugs and issues will pop up with TSW2 routes and locos in TSW3
    And since TSW2 stuff is now considered "end of life" it will probably never get fixed

9. juliplus#6089

juliplus#6089 Active Member

Well a lot of preservation Crew Updates will be released so we will see

10. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

everyone likes a dumb blonde

11. nhilsubsolenovum

nhilsubsolenovum Active Member

I really wish they'd upgrade the lighting on the older routes because TSW3 looks fantastic at times. I'd happily pay £5 or so for each older route to be brought up to standard. If I was a new player, I'd be concerned that if I bought new routes, only some of them would great and others so so. Good work on TSW3

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

They should upgrade the lighting for free on all Rush Hour and post Rush hour routes.
    They could charge a few bugs for upgrades to older routes...

Or they could release a guide to the modders so they could (if they choose to do so) work on the upgrade.

Its just horrible that very recent (and good) TSW2 routes will be forever stuck with absolutely broken lighting (the lighting should have never been this broken in the first place, i consider this a bug)

• Like Like x 5
  13. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I did!

It’s certainly not as bad as I was expecting but there are numerous issues and tweaks DTG need to undertake, the single most important one still being reinstating the Save game!

Was it worth £40? Probably not when all is said and done, as once I get my TSW2 etc. routes in there can’t see me overplaying the German high speed or Cajon, well in the case of the latter at least until/if the save comes back.

However not contemplating refund, whether we like it or not if we want to continue down the TSW path, this is where it leads.

• Like Like x 3
  14. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Sorry but LOL
    Didnt you preorder and then state in the forum you canceled your TSW3 preorder and are going to wait a few months?
    Now you did pre-order anyway ? :o

15. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

We have already been kind of warned that TSW2 routes/trains coming forward aren’t going to look quite right. There are some examples showing how Spirit of Steam looks on the forum already and that is a hybrid of old and new and doesn’t look particularly good on some screenshots shown. It will be interesting to see what layers from old routes look like on new routes.

• Like Like x 2
  16. OldVern

Basically, yes!
    The dark side of The Force seduced me…

• Like Like x 2
  17. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Nice way of abandoning TSW2 content...making it look even worse then it did in TSW2.
    Terrible if true!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

When/if I do finally make the plunge to TSW3 myself, I won't port any legacy TSW2 routes in, I'll keep TSW2 and TSW3 will be for new routes only. Actually thinking about that, it means I won't get any layers in, ah well, will have to port the routes over but just not play them on TSW3 if they look worse.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  19. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Damn.
    We'll all be shouting to have our favourite routes in Tsw2 updated now.
    Especially RRO and Penn. Corridor.

• Like Like x 1
  20. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

We will have years of this rhetoric of tsw2 must have tsw3 features. Zzz

• Like Like x 3
  21. With some rather nice new features and new routes/upgrades there's still quite a few issues that need resolving. I'd like to think that it's work in progress rather than that will do. Time will tell.

We are still stuck on the some routes perform better than others for some unknown reason though.

But from what I've seen so far it looks really good if you ignore the bad bits.

22. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

So TSW2 routes in TSW3 are looking worse then TSW2 routes originally?

23. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Actually, my anecdotal count shows that a good few of the " critics " did preorder.

I did and I've found TSW3 to be pretty good with some improvements to loco sounds, lighting, weather and the UI, which I prefer over its predecessor.

But, of course players are finding issues with the dynamic weather being too predictable, save game missing, anemic headlights on the American locos and toy- like track and ballast on Cajon Pass plus a bunch of minor bugs and issues.

Overall, the new iteration of TSW is fine, but not a dramatic improvement over the previous version.

• Like Like x 2
  24. OldVern

Strictly speaking we won’t find out until Tuesday as SEHS has been doctored for TSW3 and only buying the standard edition not deluxe I can’t comment on SoS as that wasn’t included in the early access. Though that presumably has also had a TSW3 makeover.

25. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Personally other than bug fixes to TSW2 DLC I actually hope they draw a line under them after this final round of updates. I've had and will continue to have my monies worth out of them. afterall every penny DTG spend on older routes is less than can be spent on new routes and features.

26. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

You notice you basically excuse buggy DLCs and core issues by saying "spending money fixing it is money they can't spend on creating new DLC"

...that's a strange take from a customer POV

27. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

If you actually read what I put (and what you quoted) I stated

And overall Im happy with the standard of gameplay on the majority of DLC, perhaps my standards arent as high as yours, but what is a strange take is a customer who complains and moans about everything to do with a product yet still makes repeat purchases.

• Like Like x 2
  28. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

But do you consider the broken and terrible TSW2 lighting a bug?
    I would.

29. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Why would you consider it a bug?
    It was made for TSW2 as it was possible for DTG to be done then, basic on their skills then I guess.

30. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

It seems that if you have "Dynamic Weather" enabled, then a storm will almost certainly be coming, clear skies or no!

• Like Like x 1
  31. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I'm thinking to do myself.
    As far as I would love to see new lighting system on at least some of the TSW2 routes, like Rush Hour ones, I don't have high hopes for it. I'll wait and see what will the new content bring to TSW3.

32. NateDogg7a

I think that fairly sums up the major issues that have been raised so far, based on these forums plus various streams I have viewed. The American loco horns as well as level crossings on Cajon (which apparently do exist!) have also come in for some criticism. The lighting also seems to be, either you love it or you don't. Better than the Rush Hour release? Yes. Some sort of quantum leap, as it were, to justify an all-new TSW3? Well...

• Like Like x 1
  33. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Getting a London Commuter updated to the new lighting would be a huge incentive to buy. Wouldn't really want them wasting resources tarting up Boston Sprinter though :D

• Like Like x 1
  34. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, lighting upgrades to routes would be a huge benefit

35. NateDogg7a

So true, I'm also leaning that way myself. I was thinking of bringing just a few that I still play regularly, mostly LBN and HAR. The other aspect of this is that I do plan on trying Quick Play out, but didn't want to keep getting services such as loading/unloading on TVL or anything I haven't played yet on ECW, NEC-BP, etc. Not that those routes aren't great and all, but if I was going to go back to them it would probably be for a specific reason, and not just a random service. As far as layers go, the new routes seem to be busy enough to not necessarily need this stuff in the first place, which can't be said for some of the older routes. At whatever point I do end up buying, it will be good to see what has worked (and hasn't) for others.