Purchased Deluxe Tsw3 But Spirit Of Steam: Liverpool Lime Street Is Not Unlocked For Tsw2, Why?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cygnific, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Cygnific

Cygnific Well-Known Member

Didn't have Spirit of Steam: Liverpool Lime Street DLC yet so I thought I'd might as well buy the Deluxe TSW3 edition so I have almost all routes for TSW2. But it doesn't show as purchased in TSW2, is this a mistake or?

2. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

I dont think it works this way :
    If you had SOS on TSW2 you would have received SOS in TSW3 on september 6th.
    Having TSW3 deluxe dont't give you SOS on TSW2 (neither SEHS).
    It's only works froms TSW2 to TSW3 from what i have understood.

3. Cygnific

Which is kinda weird, because if I'd buy SOS on a sale for 10-15€ (difference of Deluxe and Basic) for TSW2 I would have had it in TSW3 and TSW2.

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

From what I've read the "TSW Compatible collection" as the preserved routes will be known aren't launched until 6th September.
    Because your TSW2 license will come under that banner you'll have to wait til the 6th to get your compatible license. If you'd bought the TSW2 license and got the TSW3 on pre-release (as an upgrade license) that would be a different licensing path.

5. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I don't think you will get TSW2 version if you bought TSW3, I think it only works the other way around, and that is because all of your TSW2 DLC comes into TSW3.

6. Cygnific

Makes sense yes, i'll wait and see what happens when it is fully released.

7. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I might be asking the obvious question here...but...why do you care about having SoS in TSW2 when you have it in TSW3 (with all the added niceties that brings)?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Well-Known Member

This is incorrect. With the new 'TSW3 Compatible' DLC, you're buying the licence for that DLC, for whichever game supports it. So, if you buy the TSW3 Deluxe Edition, you do get the TSW2 version of SoS as well. That was my experience on PlayStation - the TSW2 version shows as purchased when I checked today.
    tsw2_SoS.png

This isn't the 'TSW3 Compatible' branded version, but the new licence rules must already apply on the PS Store. Maybe it won't be available on Steam until the official release date.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

This. And they did say that eventually the stores would only show one version of the DLC to buy, which would grant access to every platform where it was available.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
  10. Cygnific

Because not everybody will have TSW3, and although alot of data is the same it's not 100% compatible. So for instance with modding it is better to have the original files.

11. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

The simple rule of any DLC is you need to buy it for the earliest version to get it free in the later version, has been that way pretty much since DLCs were a thing, so SOS is never going to show up in your TSW2 because you don't own it for that game, you only own it for TSW3, it's pretty simple to understand really.....

12. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

Well you've completely misunderstood it! Post TSW3 there will only be one licence for each DLC and buying it will give you any relevant versions (TSW2020, TSW2 and TSW3).

I didn't buy SOS on TS2 for PS5 but recently bought the TSW3 Deluxe edition and now have SOS both for TSW3 and TSW2!

• Like Like x 3
  13. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Well-Known Member

And yet, I just showed that that's not the case. It's also in the TSW3 FAQ article, and confirmed by DTG on this forum, that you'll own the DLC for all games, no matter which version you bought.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Yes...but you posted after buying the deluxe edition, so you have TSW3 and the TSW3 version of SoS. You effectively do not need the TSW2 version, the TSW3 version is superior in every way.

Regarding modding....I'm sure TSW3 mods will be released just as they were for TSW2, but this will come down to the mod authors

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
  15. Cygnific

TSW3 is not a free upgrade and many people will not get it or at a later date. I know mods ARE allready released and made for TSW3 but that was not my question or problem.

16. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I do not understand what your question or problem is then. You posted saying you bought TSW3 Deluxe (which includes SoS) and you are not seeing it as DLC for TSW2 as you assumed buying TSW3 Deluxe entitled you to a license for TSW2:SoS. Am I correct in that interpretation ?

If Yes, What I am saying is "Why do you need the TSW2 version when you own it in TSW3?" It is a non issue

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Cygnific

Yerolo Not going to point it out for the 3rd time..

Anyway, the SOS track just got added to my TSW2 library. Thanks DTG!

18. zhexuan_li

zhexuan_li New Member

I pre-ordered TSW3 deluxe and received a copy of Spirit of Steam for TSW2. It is possible that Valve didn't update their depot until this afternoon and of course you can play it in both game now.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Point out what ? What on earth are you on about...you are one weird chappy

Yes...I see it has been added to TSW2, are you happy now ?

20. Cygnific

Ah, i'm the weird one now.. You asked me a question why I wanted it for TSW2 and I answered it twice! Have a nice day chap.

And go LOVE yourself with "are you happy now"..

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  21. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Play nice, kids!
    To be honest, I couldn't find a straight answer, but I think what he was saying was that he wanted the TSW2 version so that he could mod it as well as the TSW3 version for those people who hadn't upgraded yet. If it's not that, then I really don't know, other than the fact that it's quite nice to have all your licence ducks in a row, whichever version you choose to play.

Could do with shrugging and confused face emojis... :D

22. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

You know...maybe he could have said something along the lines of "I am wanting the TSW2 version of SoS for the purpose of modding" in the original post, it would have saved all this confusion. When I read his posts now knowing that is his reasoning, it makes sense (kinda)

If this isnt what he wanted it for, then I give up lol

• Like Like x 1
  23. Cygnific

That was what I said yes.

24. Cygnific

Why do I have to write a reason for my original question? I just wanted to know why SOS wasn't flagged as purchased.

I replied to you saying for modding! (look up the definition of modding) So, I make the modification but using the original files is better. And not downloading a mod from some website, that's not modding.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022