Rsn Coach Lights

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by dannyjpj, Oct 13, 2018.

1. dannyjpj

dannyjpj Member

No matter what I do the coach lights are dead on any service or scenario on the RSN line. However, when I give up control to the AI the lights come on straight away. (For clarification I mean the passenger lights)

Any help.

2. Northlander

Northlander Guest

I've never noticed that as when a train passes (and the fact I've turned them on and assumed they had come on) you can see the internal lights being on and I've always felt mine where on too

3. dannyjpj

dannyjpj Member

Check mate. Just to see if you’re having the same problem

4. Northlander

Northlander Guest

Yup, same, tried everything to get them on and nothing, even tried the switches in the opposite end

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

There is a switch on the desk 'train lights' works just fine. Also there is a panel inside the passenger coaches, near the stairs; you need to turn on as well.
    I'm having trouble trying to open doors on the left side, anyone have this issue?

6. dannyjpj

dannyjpj Member

Tried it all, nothing. When I first got the DLC it all worked fine. I wouldn’t even have to touch the panel inside the coaches just flick the train/coach lights on and that was it.

I’ll check again later once I load up

7. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I'm having this problem on 1 of the 2 cabs.
    On the 767.2 it works just fine. I always do the complete routine. Set Panto to up, MCB to closed, train line to Start, and then switch coach lights to on. Works perfectly.
    On the BR143 however, I can't get them on... I set Pano to up, MCB Closed, train line to On and train lights to On, but no go... I always have to run over to the 767.2 on the back and do it there.
    Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

8. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

I have the same thing. Coach lights won’t turn on from the swtich in 143 cab even with train line power on. I don’t know if it’s a bug or not, but it’s not talked about much so maybe it’s not. Also the coach lights can be turned on from inside the coaches themselves on the control panel using the free cam. So swtiching cabs isn’t neccessary.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  9. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i have just done the 2135 service with the 143, the lights and lighting worked for me. i spawned in and waited for it to arrive. it came into the station with the passenger lights on. so i then went into the first coach and turned off the lights and turned them back on again.

10. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

ok the problem i have found. i just did the 1955 service. this time i did not spawn in, i went straight to the service and set up. what i found was that i had to go to every individual control panel to switch on the passenger lights. where as before we just went to the first coach and switch the lights on from there. So now just check every coach and control panel to make sure the lights are working

11. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

So there's definitely a problem. The switch in the 143 cab should work just fine for the whole train, but it clearly doesn't. Hope DTG fixes it at some point