PlayStation Keep Getting Stuck At Reading

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by eamhay, Aug 23, 2018.

1. eamhay

eamhay New Member

Regardless of what service I use I can’t get any further than Reading. I then get a message saying i’m Not authorised to go any further and leave the train. Is there anything I should be doing to continue only it’s becoming a pain so any advice would be appreciated

• Like Like x 2
  2. EmoDan666

EmoDan666 New Member

The route ends at Reading so you have reached the end of the line available ingame.
    "The route covers the Great Western Main Line between London Paddington and Reading and includes the GWR Classes 43 and 166 as well as the DB Cargo Class 66". Taken from http://train-sim-world.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Western_Express

• Like Like x 3
  3. 3440

3440 New Member

I spent a couple of days trying to fathom this one out too. Eventually I wrongly supposed that once I got to Reading from Paddington on any route from Paddington to anywhere, it would restart from Reading to the next station along westward but nope.

If you look on the menu selection it does say under all of them, the section you will be driving. Imagine my surprise when, feeling ambitious, I readied myself for a nice trip from Penzance to Paddington........to find out that actually I am only driving from Reading to Paddington (as all the services to London, Paddington do).

I am now completely bored with this. I can only suppose it should've been expected as there would be some programming needed to be able to drive a simulation that far? But then, I can't imagine flight simulators only going a distance of 31 miles at a team?

• Like Like x 2
  4. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Its different to Flight Sims. In flight sims you need the airports modeled and a bit of the surroundings of those. While you fly its more flat looking from above and doesnt need to be modeled.
    Sure there are enhancements packs for most flight sims that model complete cities but in general if you do a long flight there isnt everything modeled correctly under you.
    For TSW you want to have the route completely modeled, as you can stop anywhere and want to be able to recognize landmarks within the game. If we take into account that RSN was 2 years in the making its quite some time needed to get longer routes.

I hope they extent some of the current routes as a DLC, so you can get the next section in one direction and are able to drive the now longer route if you own both DLC´s. But the primary goal at this time is probably to get some variation in routes, as TSW is in its early stage and you need some variation to attract new people. Very curious what the next route is though.

• Like Like x 2
  5. 3440

3440 New Member

I totally get that xD, thanks for that. Last time I wrote a programme was in Qbasic days and I never progressed further so I can understand what you are saying.

6. allybennett61

allybennett61 New Member

Im quite shocked in reading this
    . Ive done all the services Paddington to Reading and other way. I was thinking that once done journeys would be extended but looks like it won't