Fishing Sim World October Update News

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DTG_Stephen, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Mr Fad

Mr Fad Member

Great to see some response on all these issues!

I play on xbox but a member of a fb group I'm in said the issue with the slow speed boats on ps4 only seems to effect his older launch controller, not the newer version currently out?

Dunno if it's relevant but worth testing :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. waymatt09

waymatt09 New Member

3. waymatt09

waymatt09 New Member

sound good ps love the game

• Like Like x 1
  4. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

The bass lakes will feature in the match tournaments over time.

Thank you for the link, I'll send it on to our development team for future reference.

We have looked at this internally with V1 and V2 controllers on PS4 and we haven't had the issue occur for us. We will be making an adjustment for the acceleration for the boats that we hope will solve the issue for those that are experiencing it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rearmostbeef261

Rearmostbeef261 New Member

Is there a date yet for qhen the update goes live?

6. ImmortalSoul83

ImmortalSoul83 Active Member

I have no problems with slow boats and I use ps4 to play mine.

7. ImmortalSoul83

from what I read on the top part of the news that the update probably go live on the 3rd week of October.

8. ImmortalSoul83

Is it possible to add the fish jumping while fighting to future updates. Also I believe the splash sound could be reworked in some way.. When a fish is splashing it sounds more like a marble or pebble being through into the water. Also fish jumps out of water occasionally when feeding on insects which also be cool to see in the game.

Fish Jumping
    -

Sounds Effect
    https://www.pond5.com/sound-effects/1/fish-jumping.html

Hope these will help out towards getting a perfect sound for the splashing and also fish jumping animation idea.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  9. ImmortalSoul83

So I have decided to do a quick video of the upcoming update for this game. I know there's many people that don't go into these forums or websites to read into games they play. I for one like to keep up with whats going on in games such as this. For example, this update don't see posted on youtube or steam. so I want to be able to help the player by getting the word out that you guys are working on fixing and adding new features to the game. Again thank you guys for your amazing work and providing us a great fishing game.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  10. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

We haven't got a fixed date for the update going live yet but we will update you when we can.

We will be aiming to add the jumping to the behaviour of the bass in future..

Great video!

• Like Like x 1
  11. ImmortalSoul83

Thank you.

12. ImmortalSoul83

Quick question for the dev team.. There's times when we are catching fish. Like example some carp or bass. The fish will sit at your feet for long period of time not moving but not tired enough to net the fish. I believe that the option should be there. If there sitting at your feet and not fighting. We should be able to land/net the fish manually instead of wasting the time to catch the fish especially during a comp.

Also there any chance to fixing the 30 FPS cap? This game has a very strange trail when moving the rod too fast or the line. You can see a the indicator even the rod leaving trails when moving fast. I believe if the frame rate was at 60. It would fix that strange looking lag it has.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  13. waymatt09

waymatt09 New Member

hi all,,, i fish all the league i fish the one you have to get the most fish well i got 61 fish but so did 3 other games ,i should be second as i am ranked higher ,but as my username starts with a W , so now i an fourth ,who came up with that idea my 6 year old grandson could do a better job,as i cant change my user"s name on ps, i thing it should be how highly you are ranked in the game ,this has put me off playing the leagues ,as im being punished for having a W in my username ,as you can tell i am very competitive,,,,as if it"s not sort out i"ll be giving it a miss until it is ,,,, 1st game i play where your username help you out PSN would not promote this game ,,,WELL HAVE A GOOD DAY ALL TIGHT LINES

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  14. SGTninja

SGTninja New Member

I love this game!

• Like Like x 2
  15. ImmortalSoul83

I don't think they were aware of it but I'm sure it will be fixed too based on what you reported but to b rude about it don't help the matter. Could of just pointed it out. When you first start out the game if you noticed. Everyone started out at 0lbs or 0inches. So the system had to place you somewhere against everyone else and this decided to go alphabetical order and sure it wasn't an intention to piss people off. I mean your name could of started with a Z like someone by name of Zack.. I start out with a I and I should of been ranked 5. but instead I rank 9. it didn't bother me. I still got over 85k TP..

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  16. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

If you submit the same score as someone else in a online tournament, it does not sort positions by alphabetical order as you have suggested. I believe it sorts positions on who gets that score first. Also you are not the highest rank, you are the highest level, there is a difference. Rank is something that can go up or down, level only goes up. Level reflects how much time you put in & how well you are doing, rank reflects how skilful you are. When having the same score as someone else, your position should not be based on how high level you are, if should be based on who got that score first.

I took a screen shot of the boards, and you can clearly see lots of gamers with the same score, but not in alphabetical order.

Fishing Sim World.png

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  17. ImmortalSoul83

Another problem needs fixing. Its so common and annoying its just starting to become frustrating. Here's a video showing what I mean. Its a part where your unable to reel to pick up the slack to hook the fish

18. Donkey0721

Donkey0721 Member

So there still no set date for the patch to fix the bugs/issues? I would really like to have all my PS4 trophies I have earned.

19. Daft Badger

Daft Badger Active Member

Just said on their stream that the patch/update is ready to be sent off to Microsoft/Sony etc. for verification so should be out in about 2-3 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

I’ve stopped playing don’t see the point anymore as many of my friends have to untill the patch is ready the game is to frustrating with all the bugs etc

21. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

We will have a look at making fixes to the fishing being stuck at your feet.

We do want to increase the frame rate to 60fps but this requires extensive work and wouldn't be implemented any time in the near future.

Thank you for the video, I'll pass it on to the development team.

No fixed date yet, it is going for submission with the console so we will be able to give a fixed date in the next week or so.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Mr Fad

Mr Fad Member

Great stuff, cheers for the update :)

23. jayr1399

jayr1399 New Member

Am I just missing it or is there no option to save way points on your GPS?

• Like Like x 1
  24. ImmortalSoul83

This would be super cool.. To set markers on the lake for when you want to come back to that spot another time. Make it only visible on the map and GPS.. not an actual marker on the lake that you can see on the lake. like the indicators you see for your line.. Thought would be really annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  25. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

It isn't possible at the moment, it is in our list of requested features.

26. Levi

Levi New Member

When is the ps4 update for this game just wondering

27. ImmortalSoul83

It looks like this update will be shortly after the PC user get it to finalize the update for us console users. Which is alright for me. With the open beta for PC user would help get the update out faster with live positive feedback from the PC users.

Currently, our development team are working hard to identify and reproduce the issues that are being reported to us. Our process is reproduction of the issues, then fixes for each. We then test the game to ensure that the issues have been fixed correctly, before submitting the latest build of the game to our console partners and finally releasing the update to you. This process will take a few weeks to complete but we will provide you with weekly updates on our progress.

*PC Only – We are launching a Beta programme very soon which will enable us to get your feedback quicker, allow the development team to communicate with the community directly and help get updates to PC and console quicker. Full details on how to sign up to this Beta programme will be posted on our website shortly.

28. Mr Fad

Mr Fad Member

They said a couple of days ago the update has been sent to Sony and MS for certification so should be a week or two :)

29. ImmortalSoul83

I think I will wait until the new patch arrives. hopefully that part missing a fish cause it swims at you gets resolved.. can't reel when fish is swimming at you and you only have a few seconds to hook the fish but many times you will miss the fish. then it's gone.. missed some very big bass cause of this.

30. Mr Fad

Mr Fad Member

Gotta admit I've held off abit and played other games while waiting for the update. Looking forward to getting back into it! :)

31. Patpat3131

Patpat3131 New Member

Bugs with PC

-When slack is reeled in all the way, the hook set is off and mostly poor, no matter the direction of the rod or hook set.

-when fighting fish for to long, the fish seems to go ballistic and shoots off into the distance with no way of doing anything..just simply runs off and breaks the line, even when adjusting the drag and tension as well as slack. some scenarios are just auto loss.

-takes a long time to get the fish into the boat when the"net" icon has popped up and the fish is right beside the boat for a good 5-7secs.

-Hand animation doesn't match with reeling speed when reeling in with the rod.

-Can't fish past 80- 150ft even though fish are seen at that depth.

32. ImmortalSoul83

All of this have been reported.. These issues are being looked into and fixed. The same problem with the consoles too..

33. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Has the update passed certification yet ? Or still waiting on Sony and MS ?

34. Daft Badger

Highly doubt it,the process can take up to 3 weeks sometimes,depends on how many other patches are going through the certification process at the same time.
    It's not even been a week as far as I know.

35. harold

harold Active Member

hope updates are not like on euro fishing fix one problem cause 2 more?????????????

36. Mr Fad

Mr Fad Member

Just noticed a Facebook post saying they'll be showing the new update on the live stream tommoz :)

37. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Trying to create hype by streaming a bug fix update. ***Shakes head*** Now that is sad. If it was a major content update sure , but for a bug fix update no. Just get the update out !
    And why must the PC players wait for consoles. Release it for PC players at least , no certification nonsense there , they can have the update already.

38. WIPEOUT WARRIOR

WIPEOUT WARRIOR New Member

Still no rewards for last week's tournaments on Xbox checked most of the day yesterday from 12pm BST onwards and today but still no rewards placed 1st in Carp, 2nd in Match, 23rd in Bass and 40th in Predator

• Like Like x 1
  39. WIPEOUT WARRIOR

Update just logged in again now and received my rewards :)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  40. harold

harold Active Member

this game going down the same road as euro it should have been delayed as full of silly bugs that should not be in a launch title

• Like Like x 1
  41. Tez ADI

Tez ADI Member

So the PC users are getting updates... great news... so when do the xbox one users get their update exactly? How regularly will updates come, and how do we update our gameplay? Can anyone advise?

42. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

I have a question on this bit on the latest news post:

" New "immersion mode" giving you the option to turn off HUD icons "

Will that mode remove ALL hud elements , or only the bite indicator that's on the tip of the line.
    Cos that bite indicator bubble is the only issue , the other hud elements are very necessary and if that new mode removes all of it then that options is useless. We need an option that removes only that bubble at the end of the line.

43. SPACE ODDITY

New Update is out on Xbox, I am currently downloading now.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Tez ADI

Tez ADI Member

Thanks

Just looked and am now downloading mine... for an update the file is huge?? Are we expecting lots of updates??

45. SPACE ODDITY

I don't think this is your typical sized update, its more like the newest version build of the game.

46. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Tez ADI , DTG doesn't know how to do proper updates. You basically have to re-download the the whole game every time there's an "update". It was the same with Euro fishing and will be the same with this game.

SPACE ODDITY , have you tested if achievements works now ? Do we have to redo them or do they unlock immediately the ones you already met the criteria ? I won't be able to do the update till much later so am not able to check that out now.

47. Daft Badger

No achievements for me & the game just crashes if I try to change my equipment via the customize tab on the home screen.
    Great update !!

48. Tez ADI

Tez ADI Member

From an initial look there is additional content which is appreciated..

In the anglers log section, the Rudd’s and roachs are now the same, i thought Rudd’s had slightly upturned facial features.... they used to in game play at least and for the picture afterwards.

At least the screen now says ive caught all the types on the lakes ive caught them, rather than failing to recognise what species ive caught previous. Looking forward to seeing if theres any improvements / troubles over the next few hours

49. Daft Badger

Think i'm done with this game which is a shame.Just tried a single player Bass Tourney & the AI are catching all the time yet I had not one single take in 20 minutes.
    Still no achievements,game crashing & no doubt other stuff that's probably broken just seems like one step forward 3 steps back.
    Good job Red Dead Redemption 2 has fishing in it.

• Like Like x 2
  50. WIPEOUT WARRIOR

Anyone find the Dovetail t-shirt and boat ? I'm on Xbox and couldn't find them