Loving The Bakerloo Line Timetable Update

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by darylb88, Sep 6, 2022.

1. darylb88

darylb88 Member

All the extra services transforms the route, and really makes you feel the pressure of a tight schedule.

Also the dynamic weather is great on the outdoor parts of the route. Wish the umbrellas were added to this route.

One downside is there seems to be a weird effect on the passenger view windows when the train goes into a tunnel - the no smoking signs disapear due to this filter and it is immersion breaking from a passenger trip point of view. I don't remember seeing this on TSW2.

• Like Like x 11
  2. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Would love to hear more whilst waiting for steam to update! Whats the wait like between trains now?

3. darylb88

darylb88 Member

It's much better, sometimes as little as 1- 2 mins in the busiest parts, a lot more stopping at red signals and sometimes you can even see the train behind you waiting to enter the platform!

• Like Like x 14
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Glad you're enjoying it! Tagging Joethefish for his visibility :)

• Like Like x 8
  5. darylb88

darylb88 Member

Yes please pass on my thanks!

• Like Like x 4
  6. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

Can you provide any details on:
    -1938 stock runs
    -trains on WCML and Watford DC lines

• Like Like x 1
  7. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Yes, I’d love more details! Maybe a stream with Joe and Adam talking about all the changes they made to the game with this huge update?

• Like Like x 7
  8. CrAzZyKiLLa

Agree, this timetable improvement does really require its own stream with all the good work Joe and others working on timetables are doing.

• Like Like x 10
  9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Think this might be the first DLC I download...

10. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I haven't been back to BKL since the dawn of time, but, with this update, I might take another swing at it. Should I pick up the 1938 stock? How much does it add to the route? Were there 1972 and 1938 stock on the route simultaneously, in real life and in TSW?

11. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

1938 stock is visually very nice but Rivet dropped the ball on the sounds. No traction motor run down sound as you brake and virtual absence of any track audio means it's virtually silent when coasting or braking.

• Like Like x 4
  12. darylb88

darylb88 Member

The Patch notes for BL ICYMI:

Bakerloo Line:

• Updated timetable, with 600+ services
    • Trains should now stop at the end of Willesden Junction and North Wembley stations
    • 1972 Stock
      • Added Contact Signaller and Simple Radio functionality
      • Updated Rail Driver functionality
    • Billboard at Wembley central should display correctly
    Note: There are four services, 747-3, 747-4, 747-5 & 747-6 which are spawning on foot, and are therefore currently not working as intended. These are the new Silver 72 Stock layer, and have been logged with the team.

13. screamfan

screamfan Member

It's really weird because I did a test on Bakerloo not respecting the timetables and leaving 1 minute early at each station and I had almost no red lights. Normally the light should not turn green when leaving 1 minute early and yet this was the case at each station.

14. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Do you experience extra long loading time just before the new timetable and the old one menu? On Xbox Series X it takes several seconds to show up. In the meantime the game is 100% stuck.

15. screamfan

screamfan Member

Same on ps5

• Like Like x 1
  16. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Incredible work Joe!

Almost wanted to jump from the seat and shout "Yeaaaah!!!!!!" when I saw the freight train coming:

BKL-new layers.jpg

As others have said before, there are many improvements including more services (now you really need to be careful with the light signals), time to set up the train and adjustments to the time given to go between stations (it was almost impossible to do in time before).

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 26
  17. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

Yes BKL is finally as nice as it shoudl. Thanks for the new timetable to the voodoo timetable sorcerer, it must have been a headache...

• Like Like x 4
  18. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

It's a great update. I had not played the BKL for a long time awaiting this update and am not disappointed. Great job.
    All problems with certain bugs notwithstanding, I really appreciate such major updates to older DLCs.

• Like Like x 6
  19. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Im wondering where the new journey ones are tucked away now?

20. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

I believe the new journeys pack is to come at a later date - I think this was the one DLC that wasn't going to be available today.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  21. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Haven’t had the chance yet to try any services on BKL or HBL, but I did have a look on at around 8am on each and I’m impressed with the new traffic on their

22. CrAzZyKiLLa

The new timetable is really very nice, it feels fast paced, busy and fun. Its also great to now see alot of static stock and other surprises!

I have noticed some odd behaviour and pugs on BKL tho such as strange passenger behaviour including not getting on trains at queens park, getting stuck in walk ways, bumping into what feels like invisible passengers and standing still facing odd directions. So i hope some further improvements/bug fixes are made here, otherwise I would say the new timetable is amazing!

• Like Like x 3
  23. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

I have not played BKL in a looooong time, because the fuss of such intense stop/start driving wasn't worth it for a route that didn't quite feel like it should with hardly any other trains.

But now... What a difference, a really stellar job, and the perfect time to start reappraising the route now it's optional whether to install it or not, and I have to say I will be keeping it installed, it's like a re-discovered treasure.

Sure it isn't perfect, still doesn't feel as busy as real life, passengers behave oddly (though anyone who has commuted on the London Underground knows that isn't unusual!), but it is much much closer to capturing the feeling of the real thing, AI traffic on WCML was such a great thing to see, empty stock in yards along the way, similar to the freight appearing on North London Line when entering the HS1 portal on the new SEHS, little stuff like this really makes a difference.

So thanks Joe and DTG, this was a really pleasant surprise.

• Like Like x 9
  24. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

I really think that TSW best feature is those busy timetables.

That makes the TSW world feel alive, even more than the shiny graphics.
    When in TSC we have only scripted scenarios, here we can spend time just looking at trains passing by.

BKL is now excellent, SKA also since the extension is an extremly busy line with always trains arriving and leaving.

I hope that routes we will see in future will all be with busy timetables. Hope also that SOS will receive some layers one day. They are others old routes that would benefit a lot from new timetables (LiRR im looking at you !).

That makes me wonder what the next new route will be.

• Like Like x 9
  25. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Really glad to hear you're all enjoying the new Bakerloo timetable! :D
    The turn around times for trains at Elephant & Castle are indeed very short. The it works is crews swap trains at E&C. When you arrive, another driver is already waiting by the front of the platform to get in the other cab. You will leave the train and walk to the north end of the same platform to await the next train. Typically anyway. In the quieter hours, you have longer there and will keep to the same train.

The description of each service will say the crew number assigned to that service. You can use this when you take over another service to check if it's meant for you or not. :D

• Like Like x 20
  26. heliomass

heliomass Member

Amazing work Joe!

Small bug report: The next train indicators at Kiburn Park seem to each be on the wrong platform.

But I'm splitting hairs. The new timetable is fantastic.

• Like Like x 3
  27. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Oh it does happen on TSW2 and I find it very annoying.

28. max1313

max1313 Active Member

The new time table is awesome. I’m finding that I’m playing BKL more than the new routes. And I agree please we need Joe to make the LIRR a top priority for his expertise timetable. This would be a great time for and extension. It deserves it

• Like Like x 1
  29. The new timetable is great, really feels like the London underground now. Very short loading time which is typical on the lu and the ai traffic finally gives the miles of adjacent lines purpose. Love it.

30. johnbirch#4603

johnbirch#4603 Active Member

All the umbrellas on the tube makes me wonder if there will now be a virtual lost property office for all of the virtual umbrellas left behind.

• Like Like x 2
  31. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I thought the WCML track on Bakerloo was 'just scenery' and not working track? This was the reason Matt gave for no WCML traffic in the original timetable.

32. I think it was just a case of dtg not putting the portals and markers and stuff on the line. The line itself and the signals appeared to be working.

• Like Like x 2
  33. darylb88

darylb88 Member

34. darylb88

darylb88 Member

Would be a pretty good idea to have picking up lost umbrellas as a task!

• Like Like x 4
  35. CrAzZyKiLLa

20220906214417_1.jpg 20220906214941_1.jpg

• Like Like x 19
  36. darylb88

darylb88 Member

37. eldomtom2

That is an issue that I believe dates all the way back to the original release of TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  38. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

This is why I like dtg and tsw so much. A rail sim made by true railfans who study the prototype is a beautiful thing. I’m a big fan of your work. I haven’t tried the new timetable yet but it sounds like the start up times are better then timetable makes it more likely to stay on my time. It also sounds like there is more stock moves (my fav) so I feel like I’m seeing the entire operation. Plus cool things to see on the route. Love the sound of the changes to the timetable on sehs too. I’d love to see each train go from depot to depot ie pull from staging run the route then yard the train. Excellent stuff. Two thumbs up sir!

• Like Like x 3
  39. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

I spent half an hour at Queens Park just(!) Trainspotting. Seeing the PIS show 4 trains within 10 minutes of each other - now that IS more realistic of London Underground. I chose 07:50 start time and I was in awe stood at the North end and watching Ground Signal BB31 pull off and road indicator show either 1 or 2 for dead workings to the carriage roads. In many cases a train had just left and another was pulling into the platform and workings from H&W being drawing up and being held in the through road waiting for the platform to be vacated...
    Just need a " Mind the Gap" message and I'd truly feel I was there.

• Like Like x 7
  40. max1313

max1313 Active Member

Right here are my top 5 routes
    1.London commuter
    2. SEHS TSW3
    3. Harlem
    4. BKL (new time table)
    5. KOHL with new jerney

these are my favorite routes in the game. I’m biased since I don’t like freight or steam. This is my opinion of course

• Like Like x 4
  41. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Yeah I’m liking it too.

I barely touched the old version because it just seemed weird having a metro line with such little traffic. I remember spawning into stations to look around and not having trains show up for like 10 minutes. Totally blew it for that type of route.

But the new one seems fun. I did a service and liked it. And took a quick look around stations and would see trains coming like every 2-5 min. Feels much more like a metro should now.

• Like Like x 3
  42. adlian_cc203

adlian_cc203 Member

I’m curious whether this mainline traffic AI is only on PC or Gen 9?

I’m playing on PS4 and haven’t seen the mainline AI. And seems the mainline tracks are still a scenery by looking at the map.

• Like Like x 1
  43. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

None of the services were switched off for any platforms :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. adlian_cc203

adlian_cc203 Member

Does this includes the AI Freight Traffic?
    If yes, I must’ve always been in the wrong time then.

Anyway, loving the update Joe! Thank you for all the hardwork!

45. eldomtom2

Am I right in assuming that the pair of GWR HSTs at Willesden TMD are meant to represent the EMT HSTs stored there?

• Like Like x 1
  46. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

A big thanks to Joe and the team again, absolutely fantastic to see older routes get a new lease of life - I'd wish to see more of this!

Just one observation though, the majority of trains are completely empty, with no passengers getting on or off, which ruins the immersion for me. Anyone else experiencing this?

47. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

On PS4 there doesn't seem to be any trophies/achievements for Bakerloo Line in TSW3. Is that also the case for other platforms?

48. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I think that’s a TSW global thing. I experience weird passenger behaviour on all routes. Sometimes totally empty trains. Sometimes packed ones. Sometimes piles of passengers standing in a big group at the entrance of a station not moving. Sometimes parked trains a depot with passengers on board.

The passengers add immersion when they work right but on a lot of (maybe all?) routes they need polishing.

49. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Yep, glad you're liking it! :D
    Indeed, closest we have to them but I think they're nice there.

• Like Like x 4
  50. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The routes required for the AI traffic layers haven’t released for TSW3 on PS yet, so they will be missing for now.