PlayStation Maybe See You Down The Line....

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TinTin_57, Oct 12, 2018.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Many of you know I have been very keen on TSW and I've spent a lot of time on it. In the forums I've tried to be nothing but helpful, especially with the mess that WSR was. I think myself and all of us that bought it were very patient with the devs. We all submitted detailed stepped reports to help the fix along.

Now we seemingly can't have a discussion between ourselves without being policed by Dovetail. I've had threads deleted, also locked, with Dovetail attempting to have the last word. I want to also play the game and get trophies, no one is fixing it 'oh just create a new profile, run every service again and you 'might' get the trophy' aka thats easier than us having to fix a broken game. It's poor, and as a customer I feel cheated and that I have been treated unfairly here by them.

So I am saying goodbye for now, I'll pick up DM's (if I'm not banned because that will be next probably the way its going) but will be dropping out of the general PS4 forum.

Wishing you the best, TinTin

• Like Like x 14
  2. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

Sorry to see you go but I am not surprised and don't think you will be the only one.

DTG's behaviour has been appalling.

All the best to you.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Northlander

Northlander Guest

I must admit, I've been surprised by their approach to 'aftercare' with their game, and community. They could learn a thing or two from Frontier Developments and Hello Games...

As much as I'm finding enjoyment in a sim that had never crossed my mind (as a sim gamer) let alone ever think I'd see this on console, it didn't take long to realise that they didn't seem to jump onto fixes as rapidly as the afore mentioned devs with their games. Deep down it almost feels as if they don't have the passion for their own franchise. I might be way off the mark, but the difference between DTG and FDev or HG is light night and day

• Like Like x 4
  4. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Very sorry to see you go TinTin. You have been nothing but helpful and optimistic on these forums since TSW released for consoles.

• Like Like x 2
  5. marco3key

marco3key New Member

See a lot of frustration and you are right on target.Those company`s are now working with small teams and sometimes it`s like the pasion for a game is gone only left is a target date and get the money.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dannyjpj

dannyjpj Member

Clearly the DTGs forum support team needs better training. We have all PAID to have the enjoyment of these games and therefor should be able to express criticism however we want to. It’s called FREEDOM OF SPEECH. I saw someone’s post got deleted because “it wasn’t helpful”... well that’s bull! Helpful or not we need to be able to have a space where all ideas can be shared, where creators can be challenged and gamers receive feedback.

Admins have got a long way to go to being on par with developers such as frontier and the like. I feel like we all need to keep pulling DTG up when our right to free speech is oppressed by comments being deleted and threads being hidden. Hopefully they’ll learn.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

TrainSim-Luke are you able to put disgruntled customers minds at rest and confirm things like the blurring edges, RT PZB, draw distance, lack of traffic etc have been noted and are indeed being worked on? It's been enough time to get to grips with the engine now, and RSN is proof of the improvement. Acknowledgement would be nice...

• Like Like x 4
  8. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Just as I thought...

• Like Like x 3
  9. dannyjpj

dannyjpj Member

Clearly proving our point...

• Like Like x 3
  10. Northlander

Northlander Guest

This is why I traded Euro Fishing and cancelled Fishing Sim World... 1 DTG game is enough

• Like Like x 1
  11. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

The motion blur is not something we can fix, it's a flaw in the Unreal engine.

There has already been an official statement on RT's PZB.
    https://live.dovetailgames.com/live...es/article/train-sim-world-july-studio-update
    Draw distance and lack of traffic is simply down to optimisation. They are what they are because it gave the best performance results at the time the routes were made. As background improvements are made over time, these optimisations can be tweaked.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Asseto Corsa 2 will use ue4. Itll be interesting to see how a AAA racing car title gets over an ue4 limitation when lots of spinning tyres will be a feature..

• Like Like x 2
  13. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

Very carefully worded response from TrainSim-Luke. Repeating what's been said before but not really saying anything new. Also, no mention of Tin-Tin, the thread's originator.

• Like Like x 3
  14. pdxmark77

pdxmark77 Active Member

developer
    Also an AAA racing game title has a lot more resources, money, delvopers.. etc. So they can afford to spend the resources to overcome limitations like the one you described.

It’s not really fair to compare an AAA title to one of a smaller developer who creates a game for a very niche market.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  15. darkage

darkage Member

Comparing DTG, a 50 dev studio and the niche inside a niche market simulator, to A AAA game developed by a AAA studio, with a AAA budget, with AAA quality assistance from Epic, the AAA amount of devs per studio and AAA amount of studios. No logic flaw at all
    (Sarcasm)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  16. MrSeanFace

MrSeanFace Member

Or the broken trophies... but then who would want to draw attention to the farcical proposed solution of having to do all those services over again and on a separate profile, right.
    Oh and why not throw in the carriage doors needing to be opened on the opposite side to the platform at several stations too. Something I still find hilarious to this day :)

TinTin_57 I'm still here, and that video is still on it's way, don't worry I hadn't forgot ;)

17. Caineth

Caineth Member

Sad to see you go TinTin. The absence of news regarding updates are a bit disheartening. I suppose the development resources are being allocated by the higher ups at DTG, rather than Luke and the others here in the forums, but I sincerely hope they let our voices be heard in their internal meetings and such.

We get that some things takes time to fix, especially for a small team. I think this community can be patient as long as we feel we are being listened to. Let us know what issues are being targeted for the coming updates, give us a tease that you're working on stuff we've mentioned here (like broken trophies...). We're a small but passionate community, let's build on that.

• Like Like x 1
  18. darkage

darkage Member

Hope this doesn't come across as agressive, but you're only finding that otu now? That's how it works for EVERY company. When you call a company's call center for example to complain about a service, it's not the person who picks up your calls that makes the decisions about the company, it's the higher ups, this is just an example situation

The problem is because they work with real world companies and operators, they're constantly under NDA (No Disclosure Agreement), which means they can only reveal any info when those companies approve something and are allowed to talk about it, either by companies or the higher ups.

The issue with this community is that it seems 95-99% of people have no idea how things work and love to complain because their personal expectations aren't met the exact way they want

19. Caineth

Caineth Member

No worries, I get that. That was actually my point, that I hope our complaints reaches the right people within DTG, the ones making the decisions.

About the second half of your post, asking them to fix issues like broken trophies or train doors opening on the wrong side of the platform isn't something affected by NDA:s, it's just faulty code. We just ask for acknowledgement regarding these issues being worked on.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Dear me, missing the point again Darkage… Luke said it was an UE4 limitation. If they can do it then its not an UE4 limitation now, is it. Try and keep up.

21. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

You might also want to bear in mind what version of UE4 will AC2 be using and how much access to the source will they have for modifications?
    We're using a modification of 4.16.3. I believe the latest is 4.21.0

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  22. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Thank you for the heads up Luke. It makes sense now. I may not agree that it has been the most efficient decision but at least it saves widdling in the wind when trying to understand the features.. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2018
  23. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

Please consider some more graphic options for players (atleast for pc) to choose and control from.
    There are already players who can run everything on ultra without issues. I would love the option to increase the passengers number, add AI trains and cars on the streets especially in New York.

You could also look to add some graphic options for console players too for them to make some individual changes to their game. A lot would surely be ready to decrease the quality of the trains for a higher draw distance.

• Like Like x 1