Tsw3 Is This A Joke

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Jamy, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

How am I supposed to tell which Class66 is which
    Untitled.png

• Like Like x 36
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Hawkeye91

Hawkeye91 New Member

AFAIK, it doesn't matter which one you pick. Its all the same time tables and same loco. Not sure why there's multiple.

• Like Like x 1
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Three different versions of the 66: from GWE, ECW and now the new SEHS version. The last is the best, but as it stands there's no way to identify it in the menu.
    There was/is a mod to fix this for TSW2, but a new one will have to be created for 3.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

it does matter one of them is the updated one with the train length gismo (technical term) working. The other 2 are from GWE and Eastcoastway

• Like Like x 2
  5. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

The middle one is the latest version (SEHS Class 66 Re-Vamped sounds -(Armstrong Powerhouse sounds) when I pick it (Assuming it does not move after selection) The other 2 are either the GWE Class 66 (Old sounds) or the ECW Class 66 (updated sounds)

6. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Lol, can't believe it's still like that... probably gone have 20 Dostos and never be able to figure out which is the best and most recent version

• Like Like x 11
  7. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

They tell you which route something comes from in the livery designer, why can't they do it in the other menus?

• Like Like x 4
  8. solicitr

It would be an easy fix to the UI; the only question is whether DTG will assign someone to do it.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Hawkeye91

Hawkeye91 New Member

Well I have the same issue except when I select any of the 3, I just get the same loco in game, same livery and working train length computer.

10. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

DTG Alex

Will there be something done about this?

• Like Like x 1
  11. solicitr

The liveries are the same. The differences are in sounds and functionality.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hawkeye91

Hawkeye91 New Member

well I'm getting the same sounds and functionality when selecting any of the 3.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Wasn't the training center supposed to solve this very issue?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

No. The purpose of the training centre is to decouple loco DLC from routes. Never have I once heard DTG claim this would declutter the menu of multiple types of one locomotive (or to decouple locomotives from a route DLC). People read what they want to hear.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  15. tallboy7648

I see. Sounds like a missed opportunity

• Like Like x 2
  16. deathbyteacup

deathbyteacup Member

You're contradicting yourself there. You literally say it to decouple locos from routes, then say you didn't hear them claim it wouldn't decouple locomotives from a route....

Decoupling the loco from the routes is exactly that (One 66 that works on every route instead of multiple 66 from every route)
    If they do it for Class 66 or not is another matter, but going forward that would seem to be the plan.

• Like Like x 3
  17. max88183

max88183 Active Member

• Like Like x 49
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. solicitr

It is a process for the future. I expect already that the rolling stock that is new with TSW3 is "linked" to the TC as home route and decoupled from the active routes. This does not however apply to legacy TSW2 rolling stock. It may never; or they may slowly decouple them but if they do so it will be on an individual basis and will take time.

19. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

This situation is really bad and needs fixing urgently. The duplicate rolling stock is confusing, but also using up storage space, which I doubt is insignificant that is not necessary. Get rid of all the lacklustre models and keep the up to date ones only - or at the very very least, make it clear which ones are the oldest and newest.

• Like Like x 19
  20. tallboy7648

Oh dear lord...

Why is this still an issue DTG? This needs to be sorted out. Having multiple versions of the same train is ridiculous and unnecessary.

• Like Like x 13
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  21. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

OMG the Dostos...how could they mess this up so bad although they reworked the entire UI...a mystery...lol

• Like Like x 4
  22. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

Also the double zero in the services completed. Was the UI designed for less than 100 services?

• Like Like x 2
  23. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

You see, and what for have you been buying all those DLCs?! You would have bought one - you would have no problem!*

*joking here of course;)

• Like Like x 1
  24. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I hate this issue

• Like Like x 4
  25. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

OMG

• Like Like x 4
  26. breblimator

breblimator Guest

• Like Like x 2
  27. Another 4 and we'll have a 66 for each day of the week.

• Like Like x 7
  28. solicitr

• Like Like x 2
  29. Callum B.

No contradictions. Locomotive DLC ≠ locomotives that come with the route. Read more carefully.

Cheers

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Another sad similar aspect: which DLCs need to be installed for other DLCs to be complete (AI scenery trains / additional timetable services / etc). I lost the plot :|

• Like Like x 2
  31. Callum B.

I still have your spreadsheet bookmarked but even I have begun to lose sight of it all in my brain. I suppose that's what the new "drive by train" menu option is targeted to alleviate.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  32. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It will be TSW 3 compatible soon but this is just GER addons. Anyway, the chaos is swelling

• Like Like x 1
  33. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Please fix this, DTG. It's terrible.

If the duplicates can't be removed, can the labels be updated so we know which route it comes from?

• Like Like x 13
  34. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

But why can't the duplicates be removed? The performance can't (or at least, shouldn't) be that different between them.

Just find the one that works on every route, and make that the one that gets installed in the Training Centre. If another route needs it and it's already there, use it, if not, add it in. Sure there might be something to figure out with the Dostos, but why can't all of the routes requiring a 66 use the 66 that comes with the base game?

• Like Like x 4
  35. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This is idiotic. The correct one for the route (with the latest features for the later routes) doesn’t even come first in that route’s list. I had done nearly every SD40-2 service in Cane Creek before I realised I’d been driving the Sherman Hill version (in TSW2). Just an addition of the route the version comes from on the end of the name would be all it takes to differentiate them. If they are all the same name so that the total miles driven can be totalled up for the stats page then I think we can all live without that to make the game more user friendly. DTG have the ability to name each loco anything they like so why they don’t do this makes no sense. It’s really got out of hand now.

• Like Like x 11
  36. sedevan

sedevan Member

I agree, very happy to get the new BKL timetable but just didn¨t know which one it was!
    The new 66 is really good, just delete the 2017 version with its sparking sunflower.
    What is the point of having extra Class 66s? Just takes up disk space

Just to add it isn't game breaking at all . Not to call it a joke.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
  37. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

I can certainly can understand the reasoning why they need to have different versions of the same loco. What I don't understand why they didn't fix the obvious UI issue that's been around for a long time when they revamped the whole new UI.

• Like Like x 1
  38. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Easy way here 766.2 VVO decals on the side is the Riesa Dresden and Tharandter Rampe version. 766.2 no VVO decals it's either Main Spessart Bahn or Hamburg Lubeck. If DTG did them right here's how it would have been VVO Decals side 766.2 780 785 Riesa Dresden same function as VVO dosto without the VVO Decals Dresden Chemnitz 766.2 780 785 Main Spessart Bahn 766.2 781 786 Hamburg Lubeck 767.2 780 785 Ruhr Sieg Nord

• Like Like x 1
  39. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Well Hamburg Lubeck is the one with the high doors...oh wait...

• Like Like x 9
  40. solicitr

As things stand, the legacy routes look to load "their" rolling stock, and nothing else. Although after that the substitution mechanic may put in a different version (or a different loco entirely), if the route can't find its original rolling stock it won't launch at all. That lock-in code will have to be rewritten for each legacy route, one at a time.

Besides, what about the same locos in different liveries? For that matter, sometimes they aren't the "same"; the Oakville CN GP38 is physically different from the CSX GP38 and the UP GP38; even has a different cab layout.

41. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

If they're legitimately different trains with different functions and layouts, they should be grouped into classes and labelled by operator. It wouldn't be hard to distinguish between UP/CSX/CN in a list with them named as such and with a pic of the livery, as in the screenshots above.

Where the trains simply replace what came before them with a newer version, the old version should be removed from the game and the new version made the default asset. How that is done is for DTG to figure out - is there a way to alias the asset reference into a 'standard' version from the training centre?

The Dostos are probably a combination of the two problems. There are different models, different liveries of the same model, and replacements, so there should definitely be less of them in the list, and they should be clearly named according to type (and routes if necessary).

• Like Like x 2
  42. animatiker

animatiker Active Member

Best solution would be to have the locos in a different Pak File.
    If you buy for example HMA you get the BR403.pak and the BR423_Munich.pak, with SKW you get the BR401.pak, the BR403.pak, the BR185-2 DB.pak and a pak for every wagon.
    Home route for every train should be the training centre, in the loco menu you should have every loco just one time, with just variants displayed.
    If there is an update for a loco it should update the pak and all routes, even older ones, should get the updated one.
    I heard before that it may crash older timetables, but since the locos are substituted randomly anyway, I don't see a reason for this.
    If they don't change this system soon we will end up with 30 different but still the Same Dosto cab cars in a few years.

• Like Like x 7
  43. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Frankly I rather have the option of loading just the loco, and do without the unplayed Tsw2 route it came from.
    Now that would be a most excellent mod.

44. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

MoreDostos.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  45. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

Just like the station lighting not coming on in the dark, how did this ever get past beta and QA testing again?

DTG Protagonist - were you not heavily involved in the new UI? How on Earth has this been allowed to fly yet again?

• Like Like x 7
  46. Kitten

Kitten Active Member

Well the last one is clearly smaller. lol

• Like Like x 1
  47. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

I'm really speechless one of the MAIN issues with the old UI was just repeated and it seems nobody cares

• Like Like x 6
  48. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

They might be busy with sorting out the other issues at the moment and they could also fix the UI soon enough

49. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

Not the point, they should never have released it like this. It beggars belief they’ve done it again without addressing this problem, especially given the UI has been completely rebuilt.

• Like Like x 7
  50. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, one of the two biggest UI issues still the same despite the redesign

• Like Like x 3