Sfs Kassel - Würzburg, Why Are The Regular Stations Disabled?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dxltagxmma, Sep 8, 2022.

1. dxltagxmma

dxltagxmma Well-Known Member

So I've tested TSW 3 a bit, and despite some of my initial thoughts being confirmed, DTG has done amazing work on some things, also to my previous thread, I never said they never did great work before, but anyways, the UI is really good, easy to use, some menu points are still confusing, the SFS Kassel - Würzburg route is, for it's size, amazing, despite a few issues, one of which is my main question.

Why, for me at least, were the stations in between Kassel and Würzburg disabled, or at least hidden, from the user? I haven't seen a thread on this before, but it's really weird and kinda disappointing, because you CAN spawn at these stations, but only if you choose walking in free roam, there are no selectable trains or scenarios available that use these stations (which would be RE/RB lines), and you are unable to select any of these stations in custom scenarios, which is even more weirder, because they ARE on the map and have names, and they fully work, since AI trains drive there, and are fully modelled. So I am not sure if this is an actual bug or if they really chose to hide/disable it, and if they chose to it really is kinda disappointing, because not only would it be wasted space of storage, and computer resources in general, but it would make the route even more playable, since I think not many would play purely the SFS for two hours long all the time, especially because it would get boring after a while.

So yeah that's it, I'm still looking into the base game.

2. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

Which stations do you mean? There was a thread on this forum, where someone found out that some of the tracks between Würzburg and Gemünden were laid out. However, they are no where near fully modelled. I don’t think anything else apart from the SFS is in there?!

• Like Like x 2
  3. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Including line side infrastructure is never a waste of storage in a simulation, it adds the immersion and it would stick out like a sore thumb if DTG failed to model a whole station.

Regarding them being disabled, why wouldnt they be? No playable service would ever stop there.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

That's it, that's the entire route. A to B from Kassel to Würzburg and vice-versa. Pick an ICE, IC, NJ, or freight, but it's all a straight run on the high speed line. The included regional stock is AI only.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  5. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Wait a moment. Are there really no other services? Is this a one trick pony like the TGV dlc?

• Like Like x 1
  6. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

There is ICE, Freight & IC.

Like LGV, this is a dedicated high speed line, but it does have more variety than LGV.

7. redrev1917

Hardly a 1 trick pony, the ICE1 & ICE3 both have different speed limits to adhere to and the freight services at night getting overtaken adds to the route.
    Yes its A2B yes its predominately High Speed, but its certainly nothing like TGV

• Like Like x 2
  8. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Well, in regards to passenger runs I guess you may say it is quite similar to LGV. It also has only 3 stops: Wurzburg, Fulda and Kessel.
    Although the difference is that you can drive different trains there, not as on LGV where you have just one option. There you can use ICE 1 or 3, DB BR 101 with intercity stock and maybe something else, but as I don't have TSW3 I let someone else to clarify that ;)
    There are also freight services, so a lot more diversity than on LGV.

9. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

Okay... Please don't be so silly! This is the second topic what i have seen sofar and what's wrong with you? I can not understand what youre writing here... It's a hispeedline and local service are not included whats perfectly correct and is a realistic situation! On the SFS doens't run regional services so what difficult to that?! Please before youre starts such topics its better to search it instead of discuss it in useless topics.

• Like Like x 4
  10. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Thanks for the explanation! It definitely looks more interesting than LGV.

11. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

LGV is short and only have one type of train, so yes it gets rapidly the same. A litlle better with dynzmic weather. Still excellent for the sheer speed purpose. Now if it would be extended to Nice.....

SKW on the other hand has a lot more variety !
    About the unused stations : wouldnt some layers be able to find a place one day ?

12. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

They're allowed to ask the question. After all, the regional stops would be handy for trainspotting (in places) and also for scenario planner AI.

13. redrev1917

But you can spawn at these stations for train spotting if that floats your boat.

And as for asking the question, this is the 2nd such thread the Op has opened nit picking and finding fault with the game to have cheap digs at DTG.

I suppose we should be grateful that he/she's actually brought the game before this post, unlike their first one which was basically saying how they could do a better job than DTG and how many faults it had and how it was just TSW2 rebadged because the file name was TS2prototype. All this and they'd not actually even brought it at that time. So yeah people are going to get peeved at them

And now he/shes moaning that lineside scenery is a waste of resources and storage... I thought Id seen everything but they've managed something new now. Perhaps we should just have routes ran in a pitch black tunnel with no stations etc just so DTG arent wasting HD space...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  14. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Must have missed that. Good little thing to stick on in the background, just have the trains go past

15. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Well you can always get a RE train and run it down the line in scenario planner stopping at the stations to get a look at them can't you? You can't actually stop and load passengers but you can explore it all.

It would be interesting to see the paths of the AI services and whether any of them are of a decent length say 20 minutes plus before they disappear into a portal. I've seen mods before that make AI services playable.

16. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

Thanks! Thats exactly what i mean. asking a question is absolutly okay but the way she is writing it with a messy layer is totaly wrong.