Fishing Sim World Monster Reward Update Out Now!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DTG_Stephen, Oct 18, 2018.

1. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

We’ve been working away on all the feedback, bugs, thoughts and comments that you’ve made on our forums or through social media and reviews. Many thanks to everyone who has helped us! The first update for Fishing Sim World will launch this Thursday the 18th October on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Let’s go through the highlights step by step.

New Fish Species!

For all players, two new species of fish will be added in this update: Walleye and Bluegill. Perfect for the vast open lakes of bass fishing, these will be available to catch and fully represented in the Anglers Log.

Bug Fixes!

This is a long list of the majority of the detailed fixes. There are changes, fixes and improvements across almost every area of the sim.

Achievements
    - All achievements are now available and unlock correctly

Audio
    - All sub menus now available in the audio tab of the options menu
    - You can now no longer hear boats starting up wherever you are on the lake

Controls

Enhanced settings
    - You can now invert camera (Y Axis)
    - You can now alter mouse sensitivity and controller vibration options

HUD & Menus

Immersion Mode
    - You can now turn off the HUD entirely while fishing
    - You can turn off other players names in Multiplayer in reduced HUD
    - Depth widget has been removed from ‘minimal’ and ‘no hud’ modes
    - You can toggle off the UI during catch shot screens
    - New tension audio added when reeling in fish, that corresponds to the weight of the fish

- Minimal HUD mode also now available
    - Various minor localisation bugs fixed
    - Bits of the HUD no longer show during loading screen
    - Correct list of species of fish available to catch for each venue
    - Lake description now correct in Freedom Fishing for Bergsee
    - Setting screen now saves correctly
    - Fixed rough edges in customisation screens
    - Fixed boat clipping the UI in the customisation screens
    - Improved tool tip images

Fish & Fish Behaviour

Fish and Fish Fighting Improvements

- Smallmouth bass swim differently to largemouth to differentiate fight between species
    - Bass have more energy and the fights last longer
    - It is now more difficult to catch fish in Gigantica
    - Fish now swim away when escaping rather than disappearing
    - Catfish can now be caught when using lures
    - Fish no longer get stuck on water debris in Grand Union Canal
    - Fixed fish ‘bouncing’ on water surface when they have given up fighting
    - Added Pike to species list in Bergsee
    - Fish can no longer escape between being caught and the catch shot!
    - Fish can no longer swim on land next to the canal inlet in Grand Union Canal
    - Fixed catfish occasionally appearing black
    - The yellow perch appearance has been improved

Equipment

Improvements
    - Boats require less build up and button pressure to drive at speed
    - Added nightglow sweetcorn into the tackle shop
    - Lures now sink faster or slower as appropriate for the lure
    - Fish attraction to lures has been improved, depending on the size of both the lure and the fish

- Correct asset and description now shown for Sunline Siglon PE 30lb and Vursa Braid Spinning 20lb
    - Fixed controller vibrating when reel speed changed but not reeling in
    - Improved collision with shoreline while on a boat
    - Improved clothing appearances, fixing clipping issues
    - Yellow maggot now has the correct colour image within the tackle shop
    - Rotating reels sit on top of rods with line attacher and line will no longer appear to float

Characters

- Characters no longer get stuck in terrain if turning on the spot
    - Characters hands no longer look detached if wearing a hoodie in a catch shot
    - Characters no longer get stuck in path debris on the Grand Union Canal
    - Character polish improvements
    - Added smile to characters when holding fish!

Gameplay

- Catch prompt no longer appears when fighting fish as netting is automatic
    - Temperature now displays correctly
    - Temperature in fahrenheit now has the degrees symbol
    - Boat spawn location on Lake Boulder moved to allow better access
    - Fixed camera if the player is rotating while fighting a fish
    - Added gameplay intro video into the start of the game
    - Gigantica and Grand Union Canals landing mat positions have been updated

Multiplayer & Single Player Tournaments

Improvements
    - You can now mute players in multiplayer mode
    - You can hide other players names using the advanced hud mode
    - In-game live tournament leaderboard now has ‘show my position / show top’ options
    - Variable weather is now available in live tournaments
    - Added voice chat widget to message overlay widget to see who is talking during loading screens

Live Event Tournament Rewards

- Finishing well in a tournament now gives you clothing rewards

- Fixed an issue with claiming pegs
    - Fixed catch screen HUD staying visible when starting multiplayer
    - Fixed rare issue of fish finder component crashing at the end of a tournament
    - Buoys in single player tournaments on Gigantica no longer too high in water
    - Fixed boats not appearing when the multiplayer host migrates
    - Fixed rare bug where a player could spawn in the middle of a lake
    - Fixed it taking longer to catch fish in multiplayer as the host
    - Host of multiplayer sessions now see catch shots
    - Players can no longer get stuck after catching a fish in a tournament
    - The continue prompt at the end of a single player tournament will now always be clickable
    - Fixed timer disappearing after opening inventory in live events

XBOX specific
    - Fixed various issues caused by signing in after launching the game

PC specific
    - Selecting English language in Steam will now work correctly on a non-English set PC
    - Mapping your own keyboard controls (Keybinding)

PlayStation 4 specific
    - Ensure fish can be caught and catch screen appears correctly for both host and client

Dovetail Live Improvements and Rewards

We’ve upgraded Dovetail Live within Fishing Sim World. As a main reward, anyone who has registered and logged into Dovetail Live within Fishing Sim World will receive two pieces of free equipment.

To receive these two items, sign into Dovetail Live and go to the Online menu option. The items will unlock for you.

The Haichou Odyssey Live is a high performance 50MPH addition to your boat fleet, superior to the immediately available starter boats.

A new t-shirt with a classic blue digital camo design that you can find unlocked in the customise menu.

You can now also read Dovetail Live articles directly in-game!

Tournament Clothing Rewards
    Starting in November, winning and placing highly in our tournaments now bring you prizes in the form of clothing. Wear them with pride and let everyone in multiplayer know what they’re up against.
    Winners of weekly events will be awarded a ‘Champion’ t-shirt whilst 2nd and 3rd places will be awarded a ‘podium’ t-shirt. If you finish in the top 5% of all entries, you will earn a ‘series’ t-shirt.
    The same rewards are in place for the end of each season but hoodies as well as t-shirts are your prize.

That’s our full list of fixes, improvements and rewards for this update. We are working on more updates so please keep your feedback coming. We hope we’ve addressed some of the points you’ve all referenced in reviews, forum comments and on social media - if we did, let us know!

Thanks for playing so far, more of this to come.

The Dovetail Games Fishing Team.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  2. Daft Badger

Daft Badger Active Member

No Dovetail rewards,achievements haven't unlocked,game crashes if I try to access my equipment set ups in the customization screen,can't catch any fish in 3rd single player course tournament yet the AI seem like they are using a trawler,no boat spawns in the 2nd single player Bass tournament.This is just after about an hour & a half of playing.
    Not good enough.I think most people will give up if they have to completely re do all their achievements/trophy's again.

3. Ricardo

Ricardo New Member

Mijn spel crasht als ik op equipment duw

4. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

We are looking into the lack of Dovetail Live rewards.

Is your game crashing as soon as you go onto the customisation menu or is it when you attempt to make a change to something?

Which platform are you playing on Ricardo? Is your game crashing as soon as you go onto the customisation menu or is it when you attempt to make a change to something?

5. Stefan Kraus

Stefan Kraus New Member

please install in your next update the changing day and night mode from Euro Fishing. Besides, the tench and bream have too much power and move too fast, this is very unrealistic. And the shadows of the trees on the Gigantica are not shown correctly, that is much better at other lakes succeeded. Otherwise, great job and keep it up!

6. Ricardo

Ricardo New Member

Ik heb het spel helemaal eraf gegooid en toen nog erop gezet maar maar zodra ik op equipment duw gooit die me uit het spel kan ook niet vissen dan blijft hij hangen ik speel Xbox one

7. Wiggsbest70

Wiggsbest70 New Member

After the update, I can no longer access any tournaments wether online or offline and cannot access customize. Prior to the update everything worked perfect. Plz advise.
    PS4

8. MLT24

MLT24 Member

Why didn't trophies already earned unlock?

9. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

Because they don't really care for Achievements or Achievement hunters.

10. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

You have to redo them all

11. Daft Badger

@ DGT_Stephen I can access the customization menu & the default set ups but the game just crashes as soon as I move to one of my custom set ups in the equipment menu.

12. Levi

Levi New Member

Not getting xp for walleye

• Like Like x 1
  13. Levi

Levi New Member

Would anyone know why not xp for walleye

14. frailkrazykev

frailkrazykev Active Member

DTG STEPHEN since the update i cant even get on any lakes it just sits on the location map and after pressing A button to select where i want to fish the game freezes with the reel looding icon at the bottom still rotating this is on xbox one please help. The game is completely unplayable cant even get on any of the lakes.:mad::(

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  15. Wiggsbest70

Wiggsbest70 New Member

Same here...so frustrated

16. MLT24

MLT24 Member

Where you catching walleye?

17. Levi

Levi New Member

Lake boulder

18. Levi

Levi New Member

Its the new update

19. Brijul630

Brijul630 New Member

I am catching 20lb carp and large tench with both 12in and 4in hooks and 20MMS tiger nuts and bread crumbs....

I target small fish and get the large carp on 7lb line too.....why? The size 4 hooks are bigger than the bench themselves that I catch.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Duncanmacleod08

Duncanmacleod08 Member

I've caught both walleye and bluegill on lake boulder in lilly bay area.. also still losing fish as you cant switch poles fast enough to hook said fish that animation of bending down to grab new pole really plays super slow on xbox one it has lost me a epic crap ton of fish in tourneys.. hook size seems to work better in carp tourney had 3 poles setup one with a 12 one with 8 and one with 4 hook size the size 12 got lots of roach rudd and perch with a few giant annoying as carp size 8 had a bit more carp then 12 but was mostly tench and breams... whole the size 4 was giant carp every hookup... also noticed line seems to work better as 50lb braid and drag of 35 to 45 got fish in quick... great update but if you could fine tune that stupid pole change animation or eliminate it be great going forward.... for those wondering on bait 12 was small fluro maggot size 8 was large imitation prawn and size 4 was the scb squid octopuss bait. Kept line at 50 lb braid never changed it to test others out yet.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  21. frailkrazykev

Duncan macleod what platform are you on i cant even get onto any of the lakes it just endlessly loads at the spawn map am on xbox one

22. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

I don't get what you mean, I have never thought or agree that the animation between switching rods is to slow. What is all your rod setups when experiencing this issue?

23. BrianB

BrianB New Member

Carp tourneys work for me. Although I'm catching a lot of tench on 4in with SCB.

Bass and pred tournaments, I catch one right away and then nothing, or maybe one more, by the end.

24. WIPEOUT WARRIOR

WIPEOUT WARRIOR New Member

(Brand Junkie achievement description = Bought 100 unique items from the in game store) I do not know if I will be able to unlock this achievement as I had already bought all the clothing,baits,lures,lines,hooks,floats and reels before the monster update then after the update I only had rods and boat wraps left to buy but im not sure if there is enough items left to get the achievement I have now bought all rods leaving only the boat wraps left to buy but the achievement has still not unlocked if someone at dtg could look into this thanks and I am on Xbox.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  25. ImmortalSoul83

ImmortalSoul83 Active Member

Hey guys.. I done a quick video capture on the PS4.. this kinda bugs me.. The fish bouncing around like on a pogo stick and the fake splash sounds its making is unrealistic too. Hope you will work on a new patch the will improve on how the fish actually fight up close by the boat. Fish shouldn't be bouncing around like this. .

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  26. Duncanmacleod08

Duncanmacleod08 Member

i play on xbox one x in preview program running alpha updates..

Its when swaping rods from peg now and then it acts weird and goes super slow motion on the animation not sure if its just latency lag when in online mode or some other issue on xbox one also cant get through animation quick enough on predator tourney if using swimbaits by time rod picks up its ethier a unsuccessful or poor hook up... lures in general fish seem to throw hooks very easy in this game if peg fishing and using plastic swimbaits or pro shads like a jig swaping between rods.

27. MLT24

MLT24 Member

Online with 2 players or more still broke? Also, now bass tourneys are messed up, you put too much Walleye in? LMAO. In one hour caught 25 walleye, 5 bass, and in Lily pads. WTF???

28. Levi

Levi New Member

And u get no XP for the walleye wtf?

29. Duncanmacleod08

Duncanmacleod08 Member

Can catch catfish on lures in waldsee very often now with swimbaits i caught prost in match tourney off swimbait gold and a number to bite off swimbait roach.

Prost

Catfish

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  30. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Trophies were not tracking correctly before and so you will need to complete the requirement for the achievement again. We apologise for the inconvenience.

What equipment are you using in your custom tackle boxes? Can you access the inventory without crashing when you are on a lake?

We will be putting in a fix for this.

Is this in all modes or only in certain modes?

We will have a look into this.

Thank you for the video. I'll pass it over to the developers so they can look into it

• Like Like x 1
  31. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

What issues are you having in multiplayer?

32. Duncanmacleod08

Duncanmacleod08 Member

Some videos showing how broken fish spawners are on waldsee way more carp types then anything else spawn need to tweak them somewhat to have less carp spawn for each of the species and up the other fish spawns but the European Perch can catch those all day there on fluro maggots or swimbait gold.
    video 1

video 2

video 3

please don't do what you did to gigantica that was un needed as you can go 20 minutes without a bite there - need to re up numbers slightly there of all species.

to get fish to circle in waldsee like this I used a couple rat l traps sitting in water off dock while moving one around.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  33. Daft Badger

@ DGT_Stephen, as soon as I try to move the "cursor" onto any custom set ups the game just crashes to the dash whether in the main menu or on a lake.
    Would love to tell you what equipment I have in them but can't.
    The 3 default set ups are fine,can access those with no issues but the second you try and pick a custom set that's it,game crashes.

34. frailkrazykev

Hi Stephen it is in all the modes i think it occurs when you change the settings i.e the weather and time as i found that not changing this i could get on lakes also i am experiencing the same crash when changing tackle out on the lake and in the customisation tab on the home screen . Gigantica is now pointless had 2 fish in a hour yesterday i fell that you have reduced the bite rate too much for this lake.

35. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Totally agree on that. I don't even go to Gigantica anymore. It went from the top lake to the worst. I agree that it needed a bit of toning down , but they went overboard and killed it way too much.

36. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Are you able to make changes to the default ones or does that cause the game to crash?

Thanks for the videos Duncan, I will pass these over to our development team.

We will have a look into the issues trying to load a lake. We are working on a fix for the tackle box issue.

I will pass this feedback on Wikus.

37. harold

harold Active Member

i think it depends on day settings and bait had 15 fish in 40 mins inc 3 boss

38. Daft Badger

I can change the default set ups just fine.
    It's not game breaking.Just have to be careful not to scroll to far when in a tournament etc. as it'll crash the game.
    Already did that in this weeks predator tournament,went to change something & accidently scrolled to far right onto a custom set up & game crashed.

39. Wiggsbest70

Wiggsbest70 New Member

I have the exact same issue...

40. Duncanmacleod08

Duncanmacleod08 Member

Any idea how long till next bug fix patch or update will be... are we looking at a 1 per month schedule on them??

41. MLT24

MLT24 Member

I play on PS4 with same person all the time. We have to take turns making the room because 2nd person is always at a disadvantage. Mainly because when you have landed the fish, when it has given up before net comes out, you have to wait a good 10-20 seconds extra before the fish net comes out. And sometimes you lose the fish because your drag line goes down to ZERO waiting for this to happen. Maker of room doesn't have these problems.

On boat lakes it is even worse and you still get that choppy crazy low frame rate and you spin round and round, and some fish you have to wait 30 extra seconds to land. Also, in any online game with a friend, one of you can get kicked out of room precisely when the other is landing a fish. So it is still the same problems as before the update.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  42. MLT24

MLT24 Member

on PS4 October tourneys are done and I finished overall in 9th place. It is hard to believe I didn't finish in top 5% of all PS4 players??? No t-shirt for me? All tourneys had well over 200 players, so overall should be more than 200 players. Top 10 place with 200 players exactly should be top 5%. So did anyone get a t-shirt for finishing high or on Podium?

43. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

We are currently investigating multiplayer issues.

The clothing rewards for tournaments will start being given out for tournaments in the November Dovetail Fishing League. You will receive your first set of rewards after this week's tournaments.

44. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

It will be fixed with our next update.

The update is coming out very soon. We are aiming to do 1 per month.

• Like Like x 2
  45. MLT24

MLT24 Member

Sounds great DTG!
    But, last night I played the Match Tourney (PS4) on a Bass Boat with 1 rod of course. The top of the leaderboards show several guys well over 50, 80, 90 fish, top of boards is 101 fish. This is the 1st time I have seen the leaderboards where it is obvious someone found a glitch and exploited it like in Euro Fishing it happened all the time. It is impossible to catch 101 fish in 1 hour with 1 rod. I sure hope DTG will investigate numbers like this and fix the glitch. If not it will KILL this game for me. I am hooked on the weekly Tourneys!