What Do Existing Tsw Routes Need To Make Them More Interesting?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by trainnick77, Sep 20, 2022.

1. trainnick77

trainnick77 Member

Now TSW3 is out, what do people think existing routes need to make things more interesting?

Here are my thoughts

WSR

Steam Gala add on
    Hopefully that says it all, this is what this rout is lacking, two or three GWR kettles and a new timetable

London Commuter

Class 700 and Thameslink layer added
    Class 455 for inner suburban services
    Class 170 for services off the uckfield line

Bakerloo line

Silver link livered 313 or class 378 and overground layer adding

Main spessartbahn

ICE layer adding

Tees Vally

A Pacer

Oakville Subdivision

Passenger layer and stock

Great Western express

Heathrow express layer and Stock

What is everyone else’s thoughts?

• Like Like x 5
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Tees Valley needs a Class 56.
    Brighton line needs a retro CIG/VEP pack and I would take a Thumper any day over a 171.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

All of the US and UK routes need more downloadable locos and rolling stock which can be incorporated into player-created scenarios, using a real scenario/ consist editor.

• Like Like x 4
  4. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

Random delays would be awesome. Would increase playability massively. Hard to do though, according to the coders.

• Like Like x 15
  5. ShodanCat

ShodanCat Member

Dynamic gameplay/"randomness" is definitely the key IMO to expanding gameplay possibilities without requiring a lot of new assets like locos, cars, sounds, etc. For freight services, how about some randomly generated work orders? e.g. take this cut of cars here, put this cut here, etc. Instead of the same exact switching scenarios over and over.
    Add random chances for things like handbrakes applied on cars that you then have to climb down and go release, defects like dragging brakes, and so on. Just a few small randomizations like that would make every single service run SO much more engaging.

• Like Like x 5
  6. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

Honestly, I don’t think you’ll see any content come out now specifically for pre-TSW3 routes.

If it happens that new TSW3 content can be used to make a layer on an old route then it may happen but to avoid disappointment, as far as TSW2 and earlier content goes, I’d say assume what you have is all it will ever be.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I agree about the WSR, but you can now add a steam train as like the Gala event.

What I would like to see for the GWE, is as a purchaseable addon, is the Thames Branchlines; Twyford to Henley, Maidenhead to Marlow and Slough to Windsor.

This would make the route a lot more interesting with extra services and scenarios too. Happy to pay £24.99 for it. If it cannot be done for TSW3 then maybe TSC?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Neutral sections and GSM-R enablement for starters

• Like Like x 5
  9. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

yes and same for the ebula

• Like Like x 5
  10. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

for me add IA trains at koln for the ska line ic trains ice,re and rb and add ICE services go to depot and a br 363 at aachen HBF to make train movements with the RE 1

MSB for me dtg must add a expansion pack for msb with the new and old version of heigenbrucken station with a new rolling stock on the news version the BR 446 twindexx and a extension of msb to Wurzburg hbf

Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  11. OldVern

For the US routes, more Run 8 style flexible gameplay where you can sort cars into locals and the traffic coming back into outgoing manifests. Working hump yards, too.

And for the UK - we need a route type/area that has not been done before. Not mentioning anything specific as that belongs in the Suggestions forum, but let's just say, not London centric, not third rail and in terms of era BR Classic. The modern fans and Electrostar bashers have got their updated SEHS, time to revisit BR Blue.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

I've said it in the suggestions before, Glasgow to Edinburgh via both Falkirk routes and up to Stirling would be fantastic. Waverley would be something else in TSW3 with the lighting improvements. A proper showpiece location. A lot of stock already exists with already done routes. So the main new thing would be a DBSO as Mk3s exist as do 47s. Keeping time at 100mph schedules would be a great challenge and other stock such as Sprinters and the ubiquitous but correct for the area 101 could be used. The potential for DLC is decent and add ons such as a 26 would be welcomed. Freight and other non passenger traffic can be done. I have plunged for TSW3 after the eye candy drew me in but a session driving a 375 left me a bit empty feeling compared to yesterday when a pair of 31s looked awesome on a Tees Freight.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OldVern

I find the German routes are hooking me, particularly RSN which looks much brighter and vibrant, without being washed out. So another instance where I think we need some more vintage classic 80's/90's traction and rolling stock, break the monotony of the Traxx locos and the ubiquitous 42x karts.

14. Shackamaxon

Shackamaxon Well-Known Member

I want a future expansion ( even if it's reasonably priced ) where famous Railway / Railroad stations are fully explorable.
    ( London Paddington, London Victoria, Clapham Junction, GCT, NY Penn Stn. , Munich Hbf. etc )
    They can replace real-world brands and businesses with fictional ones. Also a little interactable with features like seats, enquiry window, working restrooms, etc...

15. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

I’d love it if routes could have easier access to good railfanning spots. Something like a railroad crossing or a bridge is a very nice spot to watch a train.

For a route that could use a simple loco expansion, Boston Sprinter and the Acela. They were meant to be.

• Like Like x 1
  16. trainnick77

trainnick77 Member

I was more thinking loco add on packs, some routes do look a bit empty such as oakville sub division having all the stations but no trains to use them

17. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Dynamic Game Play.
    Main Spessart Bahn SFS Hannover Kassel Wurzburg
    ICE and Nightjet layers these run Aschaffenburg to Lohr in both directions unless merged with SFS Hannover Kassel Wurzburg where you end up using the whole Nantenbach Connector line from Lohr to Wuzburg via Rohrbach passing station.
    Rhein Ruhr Osten
    ICE and future OBB services
    Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr
    ICE and the Blauer Enzian Worthersee OBB train Bochum to Klagenfurt
    HMA
    ICE 1 services OBB Railjet Nightjet and Freight DB BR101
    LIRR
    Babylon Branch Flyer services from Jamaica to NY Penn in both Ways

• Like Like x 1
  18. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

I want a weed killer train dlc.
    Saw one yesterday. Two class 73's and three blue tank cars running towards Ashford.
    Could use on most UK routes.
    Either to drive or parked in appropriate sidings.
    Older routes could use class 20's.

19. Jpantera

I doubt much DLC is being developed for older routes. DTG tried it as a thing for a while but unless its third party then I doubt the likes of Oakville will see add ons.

20. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

Temporary Speed Restrictions and variation in station dwell times would add variety and interest, and would be less complex to implement if trying to generate variation in signal checks directly is too difficult.

21. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I would love to see some Einheitsloks, e.g. E 10, E 40/41, E 50. A little older than '70s but all the same appeal for a route like RSN.

Cheers

22. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

We definitely need some dynamic events going on.

The on-time, sea of green signals from A to B is so boring and repetitive. Once you’ve completed one journey, it feels like you’ve done them all.

• Like Like x 4
  23. Jpantera

I have beaten this drum for a long time. Needs more random routings, delays and AI being affected.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

May see it for TSW6 or 7 maybe, possibly...

• Like Like x 2
  25. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Boston sprinter route needs the Hsp46 locomotive along with the Worcester line and Lirr needs the Babylon line to be added to tsw3.

26. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Personally other than performance improves on LC & bug fixes as and when they crop up, its time to draw a line under TSW2 & TSW2020 DLC. Overall they are all good enough and perfectly playable and we've all got our moneys worth out of them I am sure.

• Like Like x 1
  27. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree for these, a must, especially the 700!

My suggestions for London Commuter to add via two categories:
    Realistic:
    - More freight services
    - Rail tours (diesels and steam)

Less realistic, but still would love to see:
    - Inclusion of the 9-mile Wivelsfield branch to Lewes (to join with East Coastway)
    - Extended to London Bridge and Thameslink core
    - Stations like Hove, Reedham, Coulsdon Town, Norwood Junction etc which can actually be seen on the map be included properly into the route
    - Southwestern and London Overground in TSW, so to have AI traffic at Clapham Junction
    - Make Reigate look more realistic

• Like Like x 1
  28. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

More variety is needed on all routes. AI-only models of trains just to fill up space would be fine for a lot of people and would make the routes feel much more alive.
    Ironically if DTG were going to make a diesel for the Brighton Main Line route the only option would be a Thumper. 171s run on a microscopic section of the route so have no reason to be built unless they plan on adding the Marshlink or Uckfield lines to the game. Thumpers used to run into Victoria, but then again we have the Diesel Legends issue of trains from a completely different time period to the route. If a Thumper or Mark 1 EMU pack were to be released it would have much of the same criticism that the Diesel Legends pack had.
    Unlikely. DLC was made for TSW1 routes long after TSW2 was released and the pattern will likely continue.

29. Cygnific

Cygnific Well-Known Member

More dynamic assets... Birds, Planes. Weathering on many objects, more "crap" on/near the tracks. Most routes are just too clean.

• Like Like x 5
  30. robert_LH

robert_LH Member

I‘m also longing for random/dynamic events.

It would make it so much more immersive if you have to keep your attention up the whole time as you never know what‘s coming up.

• Like Like x 3