Upcoming Release Train Sim World 3 - Brand New Loco Bundle: Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Sep 27, 2022.

1. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

There are additional functionalities that come with the RHTT too, mentioned in the article.

• Like Like x 2
  2. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Anything that adds traffic and variety to the routes is welcome to me, so this package is coming to my house on 4 October :)

• Like Like x 9
  3. DTG JD

That's feedback I'll pass onto the team. The locos will all be available to use on Off the Rails mode, so if it's something you feel you'd like to use elsewhere, then the option is there.

• Like Like x 4
  4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

The competition sells a set of 3 reskins at a less decent price, acceptable to me, to be honest. In PL, I have 1.5 kebabs as an alternative.

Could be better, meh meh, true
    Still excited \o/

• Like Like x 2
  5. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

As I make it out it layers in with a new timetable (services) and scenarios.

Hentis

6. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

To everyone saying this is a rip off/cash grab can you share many additional services and scenarios are included in this pack please? Because I cant see it mentioned in the article and you all must know in order to determine that its poor value for money?

• Like Like x 3
  7. DTG JD

Just on the Save Game function - a toggle is coming in an update planned for later this week based on player feedback, with improvements currently being tested for a later update.

Work on Add-ons Manager continues - we're editing based on the feedback we've seen from the TSW2 release this week.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

An official DTG livery is much higher quality and more authentic than a livery designer made livery.

• Like Like x 10
  9. DTG JD

Have asked for this information and will update when I have the numbers (likely tomorrow).

• Like Like x 3
  10. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, very predictable. When I see the phrases " cash grab " or " money grab " I just scroll past those posts.

Oh please. TSC has been selling reskins for years, I've bought many myself. Nothing wrong with a repaint in a livery that you like, on a route that you play.

I'll snap this pack up on day 1. Only regret is the absence of a true scenario/ consist editor, so we can use these new trains.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 14
  11. Can i get this for free please its my 40th Birthday that day and long time TSW player nah ill pay this is good can not wait

12. redrev1917

Thanks JD, providing theres a reasonable amount of content included, I actually am looking forward to this.

• Like Like x 2
  13. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

In TSC I could get liveries for free as well via mods. There was never a need to spend money on liveries which were cash grabs anyways for the routes/trains I owned

• Like Like x 15
  14. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hmm I am not sure about this one yet. I am curious to see how many scenarios and mainly how many services the class 66 and BR 182 add, and in what state the BR 182 is (have some of it's issues been fixed?). I am just not that sold on the concept yet, especially for the BR 182 which sadly doesn't come with any new rolling stock and without changes would be based on the HHL model which has some issues, weird lighting and less functionality than the most recent BR 185 releases. Then again, loco DLC amounts of scenarios and an interesting new livery for the BR 182 along with unique wagons for the class 66 for two thirds of the price of one loco DLC toghether might make these two interesting options. I will wait and see :)

15. jefalcon6

jefalcon6 Member

I like the Class 66 and everything, its one of my favourite locos, but cant we have something different, a bit of variety. Class 60, 67, 68, 70??

• Like Like x 12
  16. twiggy#9635

twiggy#9635 Well-Known Member

I for one am very much looking forward to it however I’ll only be buying the RHTT Class 66 but I do love any opportunity to drive more Sheds (Freightliner 66 when?) ;)

17. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

My criticism might seemed too hard on this one. Apologies if some of my words hurts. But if only they offer a real new thing or new experiences, not a reused/reskinned content. Aaa i think for now this is what it is. After all it's only a game.

• Like Like x 4
  18. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Will I be choosing to buy this purely for the dirty 66 and RHTT? Absolutely. Can't wait to own it.

Edit: will the RHTT wagons be available for other UK Locos such as the 37 and 20? Or just for the 66?

• Like Like x 5
  19. also is this going to cut our like the class 66 does because its undriveable at this point

20. twiggy#9635

twiggy#9635 Well-Known Member

I agree with you on both points here

21. tallboy7648

We still don't have livery designer 2.0 and Creators Club is still in Beta so that should improve once those improvements come once DTG actually do them that is.

Not to mention modded liveries are good as well and some are the same quality than DTG's liveries if not better. Heck there is already a mod for the repainted Class 66 in this pack pc players can get for free

• Like Like x 13
  22. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Cajon Pass is such a weird one to have. A Santa Fe F7 pulling modern rolling stock that literally still says “BNSF” on it. I like that Santa Fe is finally in the game, but it’s such an odd addition when nothing’s been done to make the route feel like it’s in the Santa Fe era.

At the very least, I hope it’s a separate timetable from the modern BNSF one. I might end up passing on the F7 to save a couple dollars on the whole pack. Which is crazy because I’ve always loved US content. Just can’t handle mixing two completely different eras.

The rest of the pack is nice though. I really like the 182! The new livery looks really nice, and I’m just glad that I can finally get a 182 without a whole bunch of other stuff. Don’t really wanna get an entire route just for the MRCE variant. So, once again, the German route gets my favorite part of the expansion. I hope that this new 182 substitutes onto other currently existing German routes.

The RHTT seems a bit meh. It’s just a heavily weathered 66 with a couple new freight-style services. Okay. I’ll still probably get it since Southeastern High Speed is great.

• Like Like x 3
  23. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Surely not?
    Well, this one was expected. But extra points to Hentis for this being the very next post after his prediction.
    and another!
    It definitely should be free. For me. Everyone else should pay. I’m that entitled!
    Bingo!

I’m going to buy this just to annoy those people who won’t because they say it is a cash grab. The enjoyment I get from it will feel like sweet sweet justice. But seriously, I am going to get it because the content (that has had people who get paid working on it and to receive it in exchange for a small amount of money is only fair) seems to be good value. It’s also well cheap.

• Like Like x 20
  24. what is the full name for this pack

25. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

I might end up also getting the bundle if there's a big sale. Hahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  26. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

All the new locomotives are marked as having new services, therefore by definition they must all have "new layers" - what makes the F7 special? I presume it's having a new timetable, but I'd like confirmation.

Also, are these DLCs decoupled from the routes? Will the Santa Fe F7, for instance, work if I don't have Cajon Pass?

• Like Like x 1
  27. redrev1917

On the assumption that each loco has 2-3 scenarios and around a dozen new services (and hopefully a new journey each) I agree that its good value.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Looks like solid value to me. Having read the article, I definitely want the 182. I’ll probably enjoy the 66. Don’t do American stuff anymore, so not so bothered about that.

2 out of 3 is ok for me. It’s the price of a coffee and a muffin in Starbucks and even though I drink coffee really slowly I’d be very surprised if I didn’t get at least 10 times the number of hours of fun out of it.

• Like Like x 1
  29. breblimator

breblimator Guest

For newcomers it will be cool to meet new engines and this is the long story short behind this release, probably. Old fellas have to decide about the fate of few bucks. I am in.

• Like Like x 2
  30. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Bit disappointing that you guys didn’t use this opportunity to introduce a new Freight Operating Company for the RHTT services.

In real life, I believe these RHTT services on this part of the route are operated by GBRf Class 73s. Even though I know you wouldn’t make a 73 solely for RHTT services, it still would’ve been nice to see the GBRf livery featured on the 66, with the relevant changes.

Finally, I notice there’s ZERO weathering on the windscreen/glass of the 66. Even I managed to include this with my mod

To wrap it up, I wouldn’t call it a cash grab, however it really doesn’t expand our (still) extremely limited variety of rolling stock and liveries in TSW.

E82F3F87-573F-4CCA-ACAC-1E8DB59C5B58.jpeg

• Like Like x 29
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. zorbsie#9738

zorbsie#9738 Well-Known Member

I never got Clinchfield but always wanted the F7. I know it doesn't fit into Cajon Pass, but if I can grab that loco I'm down with it. Getting more services and scenarios is a bonus. I'll wait to see how much they have actually reworked these locos before I make a final decision on the whole pack. It's easy to say this is a money grab, but I'm sure work needed to be done to update the models and create skins. It doesn't sound like a lot, but I'm sure it is. I'm happy to support it.

• Like Like x 2
  32. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Agreed. It looks like DTG has made some concessions to the new exchange rate regime where the dollar and the pound are at parity. Actually, I reckon the real price should be $12.99, but I'm no cheapskate. ;):cool:

Pretty soon new dlc will actually be cheaper for US players.

And to think, years ago, when I first had to buy £'s, I paid about $4 for £1

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  33. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

When it comes to counting them on the achievements does the game track Santa Fe F7 as a Clinchfield Version while Dispolok 182 counts towards Rapid Transit or Hamburg Lübeck 182 Black Paint MRCE or not?

34. redrev1917

They get their own achievements in steam at least.

35. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

The pack pricing is... somewhat bearable... but... wasn't New Journeys like 11 euros? For the same content AND the insane timetable upgrade to SKA? At that point this seems seriously overpriced.

Also...
    WHY ON EARTH did you go with an ATSF F7????

Many people have mentioned it here - the SD70Ace would have been a much better option. 3D modelling team seems to have had some time on their hands, we're getting 4 new freight cars for SEHS, so detail changes would be doable. US routes and CJP especially lack so much in traffic/loco/rolling stock variety, and this easy and obvious step would've helped greatly. Maybe even finally make a BNSF autorack reskin to go with it. And you could finally have mixed power in the train.

But no...

Why does an era inappropriate F7 without heritage rolling stock awkwardly slot in among the GEVOs it would've never met in service??? Was that really the one and only idea you got for CJP reskins?

• Like Like x 21
  36. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

The F7 being on its own separate timetable with reskinned Clinchfield rolling stock would've been so much better. US content always has to have the short end of the stick, it's like DTG doesn't care about it anymore. A reskinned SD70ACe or ATSF C40-8W for CJP would've been miles better.

• Like Like x 15
  37. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

And will the new services for the Br182 include one or two that run on day time?

• Like Like x 2
  38. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

A very easy pass for me. I won’t say anymore than that.

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Getting a bit bored of the 66 now. It has been what, 4 years since GWE and we still don't have any alternatives for modern UK freight locos. The displock livery looks nice but as said above it is really the extra gameplay that should be the value driver - like extra services and scenarios, the item JD put in to the thread above should be in the original post as a main selling point, especially once the actual numbers are available.

Now a maintentance train is interesting as I don't think we really have these in the game so far. What would be nice is to see them given some different instructions by the dispatchers so they don't run like services nor like freight, but like MoW trains.
    https://www.researchgate.net/public...chastic_optimization_of_Buffer_time_schedules

• Like Like x 4
  40. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

One word: Nope!

It's pretty clear that this is another way to get their gameplay team busy before another route is being worked on. And after the F7 for the 'a Classic Loco on a Modern Route' again (much like the failed CSX SD40 from New Journeys), I'm giving a pass on these locos, bundled or separate, and still not getting TSW3 either because of this. (Strike two for not being impressed)

• Like Like x 4
  41. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

42. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Pass on that one, there are so many different locos we are still missing in the game, and yet we get the third variant of the BR 182 for Germany :(

• Like Like x 8
  43. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

That would honestly be a great thing, would love to see that variety!

• Like Like x 2
  44. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Did they add the RHTT wagons too? THAT would make it unnecessary

To be honest I am not bothered about reskins (or Creators club in general) but the RHTT would be interesting IF they work properly. Shame the RHTT depot local to the SEHS route isn't in game

45. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

That is this one. That wasn't made in livery designer.

46. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Wow, the F7 is even worse that I thought, you guys at DTG couldn't even give it proper rolling stock to run with.....

The only nice thing about it is the livery looks good. But thats it.

Why is it so hard to give US players something even semi realistic for these packs?

1st was the extremely out of date CSX SD40 with a paint that wouldn't be seen in real life in that time period, not to mention the incorrect number series and font.

Now this ATSF F7, which is way out of its element with modern stock.

Can you guys actually give something that ACTUALLY makes these packs decent for us NA folks?

Redo the UP SD70ACe for BNSF colors....
    [​IMG]

Redo the CSX AC4400W in BNSF colors....
    [​IMG]

Modify the CSX AC4400CW into a Dash 9 and give it BNSF paint.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Redo the CSX C40-8W and give it BNSF paint
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Could of also added in UP locos and timetables and give us them between the Palmdale Cutoff to Barstow....

Could of added in a UP ES44AC from the BNSF ES44C4....
    [​IMG]

Could of modified the CSX AC4400CW into another UP AC4400CW (Which would of be better than SHGs attempt)
    [​IMG]

There is many options you've could of done to enhance or improve the Cajon Pass timetable, but you don't and give us some unrealistic abomination of an addon....

• Like Like x 23
  47. tallboy7648

I know that it wasn't made there but you said that DTG's liveries are better quality and I explained why the liveries that come out of livery designer are the way they are. Not to mention that there are some community made liveries that are free that are the same quality as a DTG livery made train

• Like Like x 3
  48. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Same. I remember 37s and 20s working the RHTT

• Like Like x 1
  49. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

After reading through the article, I need to share my thoughts.

In my opinion, this doesn't seem like a good deal for the 20 regulars on the forum who own all DLC / owned it and gave it back to steam. But I think, giving away three locos with scenarios for the price of one to potentially people who's first game is TSW3, is definitely a good first little DLC for TSW3. Additionally, the idea of a maintenance train sounds exciting, the yellow and grey livery for the BR 182 will color up red germany, and the F7 is an absolute legend - from the content provided I am not complaining a bit. Of course there can be done more all the time, but it's the third time they release this. If we count in Diesel Legends. You know the drill, you've seen them do that before - don't buy it if you don't like it and they won't continue doing it!

My only complain comes from, like many stated, the F7 without the passenger cars. Tho it is more of a "I love these trains, please implement them" rather than an complain, because, let's be honest here, the Santa Fe Super Chief had 7 different passenger cars. They would have cut half of it and then would have had the same situation back with the BR101. So my complain does not originate from them not including it in this pack, but with the SF F7 in this pack, basically eliminating the chance of seeing the passenger cars any time soon. Again, they said on the case of the BR101 that they won't do it anytime soon, as they don't want to do DLC for DLC.

Just to clearify this; new services means additional services to the existing timetable, not a new timetable?

• Like Like x 2
  50. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I doubt DTG will ever give American content the same amount of attention as other countries. Even in the recent releases in TSW 2, there are so many issues such as non-working safety systems and the absolute joke of thinking British PIS is acceptable (especially on a brand new route like Harlem)

• Like Like x 4