Line Compatibility

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jack travers, Oct 2, 2022.

1. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Short suggestion here.

Make trains line Compatible.
    This is for the DLC’s that you have to get Route first before getting the train as a DLC
    Make trains Route compatible
    For example say I purchase the class 700 dlc (if there ever was one) for The rush hour pack on Brighton-Victoria Instead of me only being able to get it on BML I could also get it SEHS since it runs here.

what I am trying to say if you can’t get a train because It runs on only one route (ex. Br101 - HRR) but in reality and in tsw3 it layers onto many different routes Like the br101 does, if the train layers onto that route tou can purchase the Dlc train without the entire route

chances of this happening are slim due to dovetails love for money but respectably right

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Loco dlcs moving forward are decoupled from routes so you no longer need the base route for it to run on other routes. Matt also said he wants to make all the tsw compatible loco addons to be decoupled as well

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

There are loads of trains which layer onto other routes, especially on DE routes, so not sure that comment is warranted. There's also DLC which act as AI on other routes...

The other thing to remember is that for a train such as the 700 to appear on other routes (such as BML, SEHS etc) those routes have to have timetables which allow for those runs so it's not just a case of "add them onto", but "remake or make a new timetable with those consists on"

4. jack travers

I understand. And that’s why I said if the train has a timetable there on game and in real life
    Also I agree with you it isn’t easy to add a trajn onto an already made timetable.

5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

How about the 182 all German routes that includes Schnellfahrstrecke Hannover Würzburg and Köln Aachen as Freight and Sleeper train jobs.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jack travers

Yes, like this

7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree SFS Koln Aachen you are looking at the 06:58-07:17 Koln 07:47 Aachen 21:39 Aachen 22:09 Koln SFS Hannover Wurzburg use the existing 101 Nightjet services except for 02:40 & 02:01 Trips these are for 182 towards Rohrbach bbf because the Lohr Nantenbach connector line is not built. If Built SFS Merges to Main Spessart Bahn where these are the 02:40 NJ 424/425 421 40421/40420 Wien/Innsbruck HBf to Brussels Midi via Aachen & Amsterdam Centraal (HDU Merged HDBU
    Hollandstrecke Duisburg Utrecht Hollandstrecke Duisburg/Bochum-Utrecht merged with HRR
    ) splits off at Koln Hbf