Japan Odakyu Line- Shinjuku To Hakone And Enoshima

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SD40Australia-Daniel, Oct 28, 2018.

1. SD40Australia-Daniel

SD40Australia-Daniel Member

First introduced to us with Microsoft train Simulator, this would make TSW truly EPIC!!

Why?

Well this is probably one of the most well known routes used by tourists that visit Japan as Hakone is only 2 hours away from Tokyo, a premier resort and Hot Spring town/area. Next to Mt Fuji it is an iconic Japanese tourist attraction.

Also giving tourists the chance to stay in more traditional style accommodation in Japan Hakone is all about nature and beauty.

then the Enoshima line is also another icon, not as well known as Hakone and Fujisan, but very close to another iconic locale-Kamakura.

Enoshima is a tourist Island mecca as well bringing nature close to tourists and the Japanese wanting a quick day getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city centre of Tokyo.

The trains are top notch, Japanese standard. Smooth, fast, and quiet (with cool air conditioning in the HOT summer!!!) the Romance cars of the Odakyu line are famous throughout the world of railfans.

Nothing can beat this.

The old romance cars have been retired but there are plenty of videos on youtube that show them.
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=odakyu+line+to+hakone

There are new Romance Cars that are as spectacular as the Bullet train!

So, if Train Sim World wants to truly go EPIC, this is a MUST HAVE route for the best train simulator you can get.

SD40Australia-Daniel

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 31
  2. [UK] Alien Baltan

[UK] Alien Baltan Active Member

[​IMG]

If an Odakyu route is ever made, it could be quite cool to have the Odakyu 3100 series NSE included as a bonus. While these trains have been retired for quite a few years, back in the day they were the workhorses of the Electric Railway.

[​IMG]
    A model of this type of train (seen above in action) also made a particularly unusual appearance in the series finale of the Japanese Tokusatsu series Ultra Q as The Train In The Vary Dimension - quite an interesting appearance of the train in popular culture, and also a good episode of the series all around!

• Like Like x 5
  3. SD40Australia-Daniel

• Like Like x 4
  4. Denrapid93

Denrapid93 New Member

Would be epic to see Odakyu in train sim world.
    It gets even better in the future since Odakyu is making an romance car museum which is planned to be finished in 2021.
    [​IMG]
    This museum will preserve several retired romance cars which are still stored by Odakyu, these include the 20000, 10000, 7000, 3100, 3000 SE and MoHa 1.

In the above picture from left to right the 3000 SE, 3100 and 7000 are shown.

The MoHa1:
    [​IMG]
    The 10000:
    [​IMG]
    And the 20000:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Denrapid93

Denrapid93 New Member

Currently these romance cars are in service:

Odakyu 30000 EXE:
    [​IMG]
    Odakyu 30000 EXEa (Updated 30000):
    [​IMG]
    Odakyu 50000:
    [​IMG]
    Odakyu 60000:
    [​IMG]
    And the newest which came in service this year 70000:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. SD40Australia-Daniel

Just seeing those photos of them on the tracks is exciting. Driving the full length to Hakone from Shinjuku would be amazing.

Maybe there could be a special offer where you pay for the Gold edition and the route might be only half finished (like Ruhr Sieg North) but when it is finished you will receive the complete route.

Like the Shinjuku to Atsugi section could be completed first. Then the rest all the way to Hakone.....

I just don't want it half complete.

SD40Australia-Daniel

7. [UK] Alien Baltan

Agreed, this is an example of the route that shouldn't be left incomplete like TSW did with the Great Western Express DLC omitting the Reading - Didcot - Oxford section of the GWML that had been included in the now-antique RSC/Kuju Route all the way back in 2008.

8. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

Odakyu Enoshima line would be great. Especially because it could have the add-on of, or add-on to an Enoshima Electric Railway route which is that is perfect for TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SD40Australia-Daniel

You mean this one?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

I think this Japanese route would be great for TSW. It would make a change from the familiar UK / USA / German routes provided in both TSW and TS20xx. Although TS20xx has a few Japanese routes, the trains don't compare with those shown in these photos. I hope DTG will consider this route for the future - after they've released the LIRR route.

• Like Like x 2
  11. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

I certainly remember playing this line quite heavily in MSTS, brings back so many memories. Hopefully, they will consider doing it, for either of their train sims.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see this route in TSW! As rare_common_sense said, this was one of my favorite routes that came with the game (though the PRR Eastern Region route that was available elsewhere was my all-time favorite) I've still got the disk set and everything, signal guide and all -
    IMG_0983.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. SD40Australia-Daniel

You will find they are working on three routes simultaneously. So I guess there is an American freight route in the pipeline somewhere.

14. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

FWIW, the new Densha De Go! from Japan is now on the Unreal engine. There's a bunch of routes that they have on there, but it seems like it's an arcade-only version. Still would love to see more Japan on TSW or TS2019.

15. SD40Australia-Daniel

Yes that is definitely arcade. But beautiful graphics.

Japanese lines in the cities, especially Tokyo and Osaka, are especially busy and will provide the railfan/simmer in TSW an exquisite experience and challenge to drive to timetable and operate authentically.

Tokyo has the biggest rail system on the planet. The greater Tokyo area has a population of 38 million people!!

16. [UK] Alien Baltan

Not only that, but Japan is home to some truly stunning countryside too, quite a bit of which is crisscrossed by rail lines, which would provide players of any Japanese routes for TSW quite a fair bit of variety in stuff to see and explore.

• Like Like x 1
  17. GBolea3D

GBolea3D New Member

The OER line to Hakone Yumoto and beyond, would be really interesting, in fact, some years ago, I modelled the 9000 OER series, and started with the 5000 OER series, but then I jumped to Railworks and...

Here are some of the renders
    [​IMG]
    OER 5000 Series

[​IMG]
    And the OER 9000 Series

The models are pretty old now, and they're nothing compared to what I currently do.

• Like Like x 4
  18. GMAN001

GMAN001 Member

I would kill for ANY Japan DLC at this point. The icing on the cake would be included Japanese announcements!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

My icing would be either the point-and-acknowledge system, or the train crammers (those guys who push people onto trains). Of course, I know that something would bug out in a simulation, and we'd have the train crammers crushing people onto the Shinkansen.

20. GMAN001

GMAN001 Member

Haha the train crammers. As fun as it would be to see, I think that would make the game lag more than it already does lol.

• Like Like x 1
  21. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

I was actually thinking of this rather recently and to put a suggestion on the board for it, but I'm glad to see it's already been done!
    Honestly, I have many Japanese routes I'd like to see in the game, Japan being my favorite country for trains alongside the Netherlands, but this one would absolutely take the cake for me in terms of Japanese routes I'd want.
    After some research into it in preparing my own suggestion, aside from some construction on the route which is bound to happen after over 20 years, this route is still fully operational, and I'd love to see it.
    Although unfortunately from what I've read the Series 7000 LSE romance trains is no longer in use, which is my all-time favorite.
    [​IMG]

Also, sorry for reviving this zombie thread, but this one really deserves it in my opinion!

• Like Like x 2
  22. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I would like see this route from Microsoft Train Simulator being made into TSW 2 route

• Like Like x 2
  23. Ursus

Ursus New Member

I will buy it instantly on release if it will be "remaster" of MSTS line (same trains, same route). It was my 1-st train simulator experience ever, in 2001. I started Odakyu Line free roam on BNSF Dash 9 :) Nice tribute to Train Simulators history.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  24. nascarman#1

nascarman#1 New Member

I agree with this all but would we get high speed or just commuter?

25. nascarman#1

nascarman#1 New Member

I Agree a lot.

26. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Odakyu don't have any high speed - the romance cars are limited stop but still top speed is around 100-120km/h in common with the rest of the Narrow Gauge network