Bring Back The Dynamic Lightning Storms!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mike#4092, Oct 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

I hate the dynamic weather now; It sucks and is not worth even turning on! It was so cool to see lightning bolts and flashes all around, it looked like a scary movie at times. Now it is a joke. Not going to even turn it on till DT fixes this crap, not happy, and will not use it. DT made a big deal about their dynamic weather system being groundbreaking and awesome but they nerfed it big time. Put it back the way it was! Come on DT! WHY????

2. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

I thought the only thing that was changed was the lightning happening further away from the player, which I personally find great. In reality, you rarely even see actual lightning bolts, most of the time it's only the sky lighting up, isn't it?

But please correct me if I missed a change you were talking about

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  3. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

Before you had realistic and a lot of lightning, now mostly it just rains with some thunder, wow. The rainstorm/lightning storm part of dynamic weather has been nerfed to the point it is nonexistent. What is the point of a lightning storm when you do not see any nice big bolts flashing all around? I liked how it struck the ground or a train car next to you, with that holy crap moment! Now it's boring. You had in the settings before to turn off lightning if you didn't like it. Now everyone has to have this dumbed down boring storms! They "DT" harped on this dynamic weather being awesome and showed all the different weather aspects, snowstorm, heavy rain, lightning streaks and flashes. You barely even get good flashes that light up the night anymore. DT, stop messing with things that were great!! Leave stuff that works alone!! That is all I have to say about it.

4. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Just my opinion, but I find it better the way it is now.

And there is the everyday problem for not only DTG, but everyone: You can never make everybody happy with your decisions.

• Like Like x 4
  5. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Honestly, in all my years I have never seen a lighting bolt strike that close to the cab before and so it feels much more realistic now than before.

• Like Like x 8
  6. The_Drunken_Engineer

The_Drunken_Engineer Well-Known Member

A lot more people would be happy if DTG implemented options for a custom playing style which the player prefers. Having the option to turn off lightning, have it more intense as original or the current state would placate most but DTG doesn't seem that into giving options. The 'zen' experience of the game doesn't work for me because I worry about going three feet past a red when the stopping point is close to the signal light.

Having the option to turn off the effect of losing all your progress because you trickled over a red signal would alleviate that, especially since the save feature hasn't been worked out yet.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

Boring now and you never seen a real bad lightning storm then my friend. Wow.

8. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

I think there is an option for turning lightning off. They should have left it alone. Now there will be no cool pics taken of storms..it's all looks boring and dull.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

They already had a option to turn off the lightning! If you want boring no cool looking intense storms you could of just turned it off! Dumbing the lightning storms down is going backwards my friend. Leave things alone that work.

10. Jay1986

Jay1986 Well-Known Member

How is thunder bolts hitting your train better then the latest dynamic weather update?
    Now it feels more realistic, and when you do see a thunder bolt in the distance you’re pleased to see the fxxker.
    Think of the lads on their way back home from Dartford to Stood. Hearing lightening strikes above the train roof every 6 seconds. They’d think god was really Pxxsed off with them or something or they bought too much tin foil from Tesco’s.

• Like Like x 2
  11. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

What do you not understand about this? Lol If you had a sand storm, You would see sand blowing, a lightning storm, MEANS LIGHTNING !!!!!!!! Now you barely see any! For crimes sake man!

• Like Like x 1
  12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Now it is better for me. But it looks we need another slider. BR o7

13. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

No thank you. I still think the lightning is still over the top. Tone the lightning down even a bit further is my suggestion. It's a train simulator not a Halloween simulator.

• Like Like x 8
  14. Jay1986

Jay1986 Well-Known Member

I understand that you should’ve gone to spec savers lol.
    I see plenty of lightening strikes on my journey. Not every 6 seconds hitting my train like you’d want, but enough to be satisfied.
    What platform are you playing on, may I ask?

• Like Like x 1
  15. matt#4801

It may be boring for you but like I said it is much more true to life.
    Trust me mate I have been caught in some real shocking thunderstorms but out of these storms there has only been one, back in the early 90s, where the bolt has even looked slightly similar to the bolts represented in game before the update which means before the update I were seeing lighting strike every six or so seconds in a way I have only seen in real life once. Much prefer it now.

16. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

Ok, great! You like a more boring weather system and a dumbed down storms. Enjoy.

17. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

[Removed by Alex - Reason: Rude / Inappropriate]

18. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. matt#4801

No mate. I like the more realistic weather system which brings more intelligent and accurate storms actually. Thanks I will and do enjoy it much more now mate.

• Like Like x 2
  20. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

Whatever you got to tell yourself. You have no idea what fun is in a game and clueless on what real nasty weather is. Sounds like you don't get out much. Have a nice day pal.

21. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

Xbox series s...I just like excitement, that is what drew me to the game is the intense lightning storms and cool looking weather. Now it just all looks the same..rainstorm, lightning storm, all blah.

22. antwerpcentral

I have to admit the marketing department really went over the top with the lightning graphics for TSW3. It was feared the game would be more appealing to weather enthousiasts than train enthousiasts. You were duped, it's Train Sim World 3 not Thunder Sim World 3 :D

• Like Like x 2
  23. antwerpcentral

And what if I was on drugs? Even on drugs you would notice that the thunder was not realistic and is still a bit too much. Am I here to agitate? If making sure the thunder is not increased in the game agitates you, well yes than I'm here to agitate. But enough about me. Why did you think that making multiple threads about your thunder fetisj would not agitate the community? Why was one thread not enough?

• Like Like x 2
  24. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Hello, I’m rather dull and boring and also incapacitated by substances and I think the new ‘dumbed down’ lightning if fine. If only I could sober up and recapture my youth I would also want the apocalyptic doom simulator back. As for now, I’ll settle for this storm in a teacup thread entertaining me until the giant padlock comes out!

• Like Like x 1
  25. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

You realise this is simulator right?

26. I was playing last night and the lighting strikes are still close? Not hitting my train anymore but still hitting buildings stuff in close proximity.

27. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

All you fan boys are something else. Whatever floats your boat pal.

28. matt#4801

For me I would say something 'fun' on this game for me is doing some shunting in an 08 or thrashing a peak across the Pennines not some stupidly unrealistic lightning effect which was doing nothing but killing the immersion.
    Like I say I have been in many storms and only once 30 years ago has any bolt looked remotely similar to how some of them looked in game before update.
    Because of my job I cover many miles in a day and even when I am not working I tend to take the dog for a walk of around 5 miles through wonderful countryside so I do get out a fair bit but thanks for your concern though mate.
    Thank you I shall mate. Make sure you have a nice day as well.

• Like Like x 1
  29. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

What are you then flapping your gums for!! You got what you want! You got boring nerfed all the storms look the same gameplay! Yea for you! Jump up and down, now that the game is so much better and truer to life...play it with a big smile on your face for you don't have to go through a dreaded "over the top" lightning storm no more!!! Good for you!!

30. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

I guess you never seen a real to life violent intense lightning storms before? In real life, also it shall be in the game. You anti-TSW3 weather clowns are a hoot. Unbelievable.

31. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

32. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Now it is better no need to cry for so long. BR o7

33. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

Not talking about thunder! LIGHTNING!! THE STORMS LOOK DULL AND BORING NOW! NOT A LOT OF INTENSE LIGHTNING NOW THAT MADE IT FUN TO DRIVE A TRAIN THROUGH AND TAKE NICE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR CRIPES SAKE!!

34. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Just try to relax. You are the minority with your opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  35. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

Nope it sucks now and you guys who like the new change are boring old farts. Go play in your dull uneventful rainstorms.Lol

36. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

Good for you jack. You don't know that and why for God's sake do you think a dull dynamic weather system is soooo much better???

37. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Like I said... Try so lemon balm an calm down.

38. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

Thanks! I will now go back and play the now boring game.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

Nope, you don't no me when I don't like something you will hear about over and over till something changes. I paid money for the game and the things they said were in the game, now they change stuff to make the weather more dull. You already had the option to turn off the lightning. Did you or did you not?

40. breblimator

breblimator Guest

But I like the new lightning more. Maybe try turn it off yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  41. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

What? Why would I turn OFF the lightning? Get out of here.

42. matt#4801

I am merely stating my opinion which is to keep the more realistic storms. If none of us stated our true and honest opinion on these sorts of threads DTG may make a U-turn on their decision which I wouldn't want. So yes I got what I wanted and am stating my opinion of it being better on here so that I keep what I want.
    Jumping up and down on my sofa as I type.
    How dare I want a simulator to be true to life, I shall go and sit on the naughty step once I have finished jumping.
    I shall make sure my face is gleaming now that we have the realistic storms in game.
    You are most welcome mate! Go and enjoy your more realistic experience!

• Like Like x 2
  43. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I stay. But you can go out yourself. Take a walk a try to relax because you are very nervous with no reason.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  44. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

45. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

No mate, not nervous.Lol Just trying to rationalize what you guys think is better now. just perplexed.

46. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I think there is a chance for a slider for this. BR o7

47. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

I forgot to say go blow up some balloons and hang them everywhere, have a party and celebrate on the rooftops!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THE NEW CHANGES DT MADE NOW, AND I CAN PLAY THE GAME IN PEACE!!!!! YEA!!!! I WIN!!!!

48. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

All I want is to put it back the way it was and just turn off the lightning If people don't like it. Everyone wins. Now it is catered to a certain group who don't like the lightning storms. Thats all. Kind of not fair.

• Like Like x 1
  49. matt#4801

I got them on next day delivery so the party won't be until tomorrow. Any songs you would like to suggest? I was thinking, Mr. Blue sky, Walking on Sunshine with a splash of Here comes the rain again.
    Good for you mate! If you would like come to the party and the wife will make you a victory pie.

• Like Like x 1
  50. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

I knew you would be back and yes, me love pies!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.