Tsc - Huddersfield Line Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Oct 11, 2022.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. CrankyBot

CrankyBot Member

No download size on the route itself, someone forgot to package the route it seems

• Like Like x 1
  3. yep i got a error on the loco itself at steam it reads the following Steam Failed to install Train Simulator : Regional Railways BR Class 142 Pacer DMU Add On (App Configuration Unavailable) someone from dovetail needs to fix this issue asap im going for a refund

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2022
  4. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Hi, could you send a screenshot of the error message so we can look into it

5. CrankyBot

CrankyBot Member

No download size
    [​IMG]

6. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Thank you, now being looked into

7. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

Got the same... (No screenshot unfortunately)
    EDIT: No-show in-game here as well.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  8. yep same when download its only 118kb witch is odd the british ace was just live spoke to him says he is downloading but he got the key so hope its fix soon i got a refund for now waiting on reply for that from steam

9. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

PSA: We are aware of a install issue with Huddersfield Line. We are currently working on this and will update when we know more.

• Like Like x 3
  10. when are u guys going to hire a team to check on 100% launch contact before public release i call for beta stages for both TSC & TSW3 DLC's to fix the issues once and for all

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

MS Flight Sim has a Beta for every Sim Update and there are still bugs and frequent hotfixes after release. Same too with my other favourite PC game, Football Manager, so while it may seem like a good idea, beta releases do not stop bugs. Besides this might not be an in-game issue that would have been detected in beta, but a problem with the download package between DTG and Steam.

• Like Like x 1
  12. okay i got the route showing in the game now but sad to say i can play the class 142 scenarios only all the rest say fail no train and spawn in the middle of no where something major is up big time

13. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

I just bought the route and nothing has downloaded for it! Hope it will download later

Update Just looks like its downloaded now ! while I typed the above

14. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

Yup, looks like they "forgot" to bundle the rolling stock.... Best not cancel that refund request yet.

15. yep the class 47 and 158 express are not showing got a big censor sign not loco its best for me to refund as i run a you tube channel dont have time for dovetails mind games

16. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Now looking into missing rolling stock, what are people missing is it just the 47 and 158?

17. rcmarple

rcmarple Member

Restarting the PC allowed Steam to download. Agree the 47 and 158 are missing though.

Taking the AP TPE Class 800 for a spin on Quick Drive while they sort it . It looks amazing…

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  18. Bzxxd3

Bzxxd3 New Member

When was the last time a TSC DTG release actually went as planned? A genuine question.
    As much as I appreciate the effort they have put into the game over the last however many years, it's feels quite obvious that they can't really be bothered with it any more.
    A new route advertised with rolling stock, great, upload to steam, announce release, then fail to include the very things that were being advertised. That's surely the most basic of things to check?!
    Things in general seem to be slipping at DTG in regards to TSC. We get it, you have TSW3 too, but obvious errors in routes, in rolling stock and the delivery to the consumer of such things is just embarrassing. The way the Fife Circle Route was fumbled out, the WCML south debacle, the Cross City route - where the 323 was so, so poorly executed, and yet presented in a stream whereby it was obvious there were problems, but it was driven in a way that was intended to decieve?!?! It's almost as if you rely on the 3rd party community to fix the errors you make.
    Pull your socks up DTG. I'm sorry, but for me this just isn't good enough anymore.

• Like Like x 7
  19. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

Maybe it's time to sell off TSC to another dev who can update it with DX11 support, Vulkan, DLAA/DLSS etc, and then focus on TSW3.

• Like Like x 4
  20. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

That does look rather nice.

21. Willowrpe

a quick try showed the 158 missing not tried the 47 yet!

22. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

To be brutally honest, that doesn't look half as nice as the TSW version particularly with the overhauled lighting in TSW3. It looks a bit too green (purely IMHO of course).

And disappointing to see after all the hype and build up the launch seems to have incurred a bit of a screw up. Not very professional...

• Like Like x 1
  23. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

Everything except the 142 (which of course is a separate package)

24. KTL_Rob Powell

KTL_Rob Powell Well-Known Member

That's a tad bit below the belt :(

25. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

We are now looking into it and will keep you updated when we know more.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  26. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

Wouldn't the prudent thing to do be to have Steam temporarily withdraw the product, to avoid selling a faulty product and incur refunds? Or at least "hide" it if possible?

• Like Like x 1
  27. rcmarple

rcmarple Member

My PC is quite old so the settings aren’t maxxed by any means

28. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Hi all, should now be fixed, restart steam and should have a update :)

• Like Like x 2
  29. rcmarple

rcmarple Member

That's more like it - thanks for the quick fix and loving the sounds on the 47...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  30. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Good luck with all those other PC games that never have issues.

• Like Like x 7
  31. OldVern

Fair comment. I wasn't trying to rate one sim over another as there are some routes which look really great in TSC.

Anyhow I will be interested to hear how the 158 physics are, whether they copy and paste the old Kuju speed set/cruise control for Notches 1 to 6 or whether they now work properly.

• Like Like x 1
  32. KTL_Rob Powell

KTL_Rob Powell Well-Known Member

It works how AP coded it. It is the AP158 based on the RSC 159 model

33. OldVern

That doesn't really answer the question to a prospective purchaser. Does using Notch 1 to 6 simply lock out the top speed including slowing the train down going down a gradient if you throttle back?

34. Willowrpe

it works for me now, just had a nice run to Leeds on a 158, been a while since I did that journey on a 158 in real life since the 185's took over!

35. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Are you really that impatient?

36. stormy#4839

stormy#4839 Member

Thank you for the route! Looks really nice! Screenshot_Huddersfield Line - Manchester to Leeds_53.49279--2.17774_07-33-29.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  37. frank351981

frank351981 Active Member

Found some bugs:
    1) Leeds: signal at track 15 (number L 3648) is floating over ground
    2) by driving out from track 13 in Leeds, it comes very near to track that leads into platform 12. (I assume that cannot be fixed because it would change tracks.bin and scenarios). So for all scenario builders: pay attention if you use these two tracks with simultaneously AI-traffic on these place.
    3) !!! Used QuickDrive from Leeds Platform 13 to Manchester Platform 1.
    My drive ends in Huddersfield P6. Why? Because in the QD-marker this waypoint is checked! It should be unchecked because for drives further to Manchester it needs to be unchecked, otherwise the dispatcher forces the driver into it. So these needs to be fixed, thanks (and please check the other QD markers on the other stations, I have found a second one thats wrong)

38. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

As answered in the other thread, the AP 158 includes an accurate simulation of the engine and Voith T211rz Hydraulic Transmission. In fact, AP has taken great care in replicating the behaviour of the mechanical and hydraulic aspects of the simulation, particularly when it comes to adhesion dynamics.

I'm not sure what you mean by slowing on a falling grade as that would be counter to physics given the weight of the consist, and the forces acting upon it (gravity) would increase speed particularly since there is no engine braking effect (though may have some transmission resistance resulting from the fluid coupling but the resistance generated would be insufficient to slow the train depending on consist weight).

Best, Steve

39. MRFS

MRFS Staff Member

L3648 is now at the correct height - if you look at it, it is a platform height signal, and was waiting on a platform that never came.

40. OldVern

Thanks for responding Steve. If you run some of the earlier Sprinters in the game you can see what I mean. Accelerate to 75 or 90 MPH in Notch 7 then throttle back to a lower power Notch and the speed immediately drops. Likewise Accelerate in Notch 4 or 5 and the speed will top out at all set value regardless of gradient or other factors when in reality you would continue to move towards top speed.

When I worked for the railway I was lucky to get several cab rides (official) on Sprinter traction and accelerating in Notch 7 then dropping back to Notch 5 to maintain line speed aka power cruise was the usual driving technique.

I should add that the DB BR 648 on the Lubeck cross country route is another example of the wrong application of Voith physics.

41. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

"TSC and TSW Huddersfield needs Felix and Bolt…"

PS TSW is set in the 1980s before both were born, I mean for TS1 I did ask for them but there wasn't any time (so they weren't ignored, and sadly they weren't around when i did a research trip :) )

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. OldVern

That's a shame Danny, would have been a nice touch.

43. brummie

brummie Active Member

Just given this route a first go and have to say I'm well impressed by it. The three main stations along the route look very nicely done. The class 158 I'm loving it, so much better than the standard one that comes in game. The in-cab sounds are very good, nice reverberation as opposed to the 'tinny' sounds I'm used to, also the other few extra functions which adds to the immersiveness when driving.
    Well done to all involved in this.

44. blk11

blk11 New Member

Great to see this route in Train Sim Classic!

However, I still miss the rolling stock from the package. I restarted Steam, uninstalled the route and then redownloaded it multiple times but it still remains without the rolling stock (download size 689.2 MB). I bought the route with the UK Deluxe edition yesterday about an hour after release.

The route itself however works just fine.

There are a few issues though:
    - as mentioned in another thread on the forums, some tracks at Leeds station are too close together, causing derailments when two AI trains meet (around the western end of platforms 12-14)
    - missing track markers for sidings, loops and for routing purposes, most notably at Diggle, Huddersfield and on the approaches to Leeds and Manchester Victoria
    - Speed changes on the HUD are confusing, sometimes showing multiple speed changes in the same spot or the speed limit of an adjacent siding
    - Platform 6 at Huddersfield is too short as the starter signal is too close to the buffer stops (so a 3-car unit doesn't fit even though it should)
    - At all stations, the platform edge is too close to the track, resulting in trains clipping into the platform
    - Morley and Standedge Tunnels could be recreated using a single scenery item with high enough LOD distance so TS doesn't have to load in the tunnel loft segment after segment, which makes those tunnels look shorter than they actually are
    - Dive-under between Heaton Lodge South and East Junctions should have room for a second track and not look like a tunnel
    - Lack of distant scenery between Morley and Cottingley

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  45. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Another random note: Stalybridge "Old" Tunnel has a lighted gap in the middle, making it look like two tunnels. There should also be some detail on the eastern entrance, and some detail on rocks behind the Marsden Station platform that may be absent. Art time limitations, perhaps.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
  46. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

...and another one (which may annoy some players).

The route does not appear under Profile>Routes and while its scenarios give you score and medals they won't give you XP points.

Though I've purchased Huddersfield, LIRR is still shown as latest route.

Not fully explored the mechanics of this list, but I think it takes its information from Steam\appcache.

22.png

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2022
  47. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Isn't this the TSW 3 NTP set in 2022 using late 1980s-1990s trains

48. OldVern

It’s essentially the same route though obviously built from scratch in the TSC editor. Downside, only comes with seven scenarios as opposed to the all day timetable, Journey mode and various levels of layered substitution we enjoy in the TSW version.

• Like Like x 1
  49. brummie

brummie Active Member

Hi Vern,

Yes, only seven scenarios and already one of them is faulty, you get a derailment due to an AI train!
    The scenario in question is the Class 158 Liverpool to Scarborough [06]. At least it happens right at the end outside Leeds Station. Bit of a bummer really but I sent a ticket off this morning so hopefully it will get fixed in the 'next patch'....

• Like Like x 1
  50. mindenjohn

mindenjohn Well-Known Member

The Heaton Lodge dive under is very important for backdaters.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2022