Euro Fishing A Suggestion

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by Soda Jack, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Soda Jack

Soda Jack Member

First I want to express appreciation to Dovetail for this fantastic fishing game. Euro Fishing is truly a masterpiece of its genre. Thank you Dovetail for the care, and genius that are undeniably seen in your game. Now that the gushing is over with I have an idea to share with you.

I was playing online the other day and thought of something that I believe could be neat. As I was playing with these random people I thought how cool it would be to have a way to recognize "their fishing stories". I know that while fishing in real life you sometimes come across other people fishing, and there is usually some banter about fishing. I thought it would be cool if there could be a simple visual indication beside a players name that other players could see and know a little about that persons fishing career. There are a variety of things these icons could represent. Everything from number of catches, fish sizes, bait proficiency, style success(stalking, baiting, float, peg), boss fish caught, combinations of boss fish caught, species caught, etc, etc. I imagined that it could start a healthy conversation among strangers. Either way please don't let anybodies suggestions compromise the quality of your creation, including me lol. You guys are the masters, you build it Ill play it.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. DTG James H

DTG James H Guest

Hi Soda Jack

Thank you so much for these great ideas! We really appreciate the time and effort you put into writing to us about your ideas. We will definitely be talking about this because i really like this idea, especially when you said about showing how many boss fish people have caught, and maybe something could come of it. We will discuss this and keep you updated.

Thank you!

James

• Like Like x 3
  3. Tichinel249

Tichinel249 New Member

How is the multiplayer I have you have to try it I feel a little apprehensive about playing with other players on this game

4. MrCrabtree

MrCrabtree Member

Just jump in and fish....its the same as offline fishing cept you can see others fishing too..its all good fun, if you win good, if not its still good fun

5. Tichinel249

Tichinel249 New Member

What's the maturity level like on multi-player. Some games it seems to have the maturity level of a four year old.

6. AlbertTrotter

AlbertTrotter New Member

You can get some idiots in some public matches who make it their mission to ruin everyone else's experience, so I tend to host friends matches (feel free to add AlbertTrotter on Xbox and join me on the banks)

7. QPD77

QPD77 Member

Sounds like a great idea; perhaps when you claim the peg, your details could be accessed on a board next to the peg?

• Like Like x 1
  8. XXDevilsdenXX

XXDevilsdenXX Member

And if some one starts messing with you just push them into the lake/ pond

• Like Like x 1
  9. Soda Jack

Soda Jack Member

Have you ever heard of Outlaw Golf, or Outlaw Volleyball? Those games came to mind after reading your post lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. XXDevilsdenXX

XXDevilsdenXX Member

11. MrCrabtree

MrCrabtree Member

Had one idiot, who seeing me catching fish, decided to cast into my swim.
    I tend now just to play with people I know and can trust and host them myself like Albert Trotter does.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Soda Jack

Soda Jack Member

You could pick a fistfight with your opponent in the Outlaw games.

13. AlbertTrotter

AlbertTrotter New Member

I'd like a higher number of players allowed in multiplayer mode (up to 10 perhaps)

14. FishermensFriend

FishermensFriend New Member

I enjoy the multiplayer experience. So far I've only had one guy who continually crossed his lines over mine.......think it was jealousy as I was top of leaderboard :cool: didn't stop me winning though lol but will be logging in here more often to see when you guys are online I'm in Scotland so its BST I play but wouldn't mind fishing with you guys. My Gt is Th34horsemen on xbox1 hopefully see you on the banks!

15. QPD77

QPD77 Member

Where are you in Scotland mate? I may be adding you later if that's okay! Looking to come home to Scotland to live in the next few years, hope the carp fishing is good.....

• Like Like x 1
  16. FishermensFriend

FishermensFriend New Member

Am in Central Scotland close to Glasgow but also close to Edinburgh. I fish up at Hillend Fisheries you can Google it lol lovely trout fishing mostly we catch......but by all means add me whenever you want

• Like Like x 1
  17. QPD77

QPD77 Member

Excellent well I'll be joining the Scottish Carp Group when I get back that way and will be up in Stirlingshire