PlayStation Longer Routes

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Andystepheo, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Andystepheo

Andystepheo New Member

Why isit on all trips with an hst you start at Paddington (even if it says the trip starts elsewhere) then the trip you start all terminates at reading??? I managed to get the train to start after ages of getting in and out of cab, running round station, locking and unlocking doors to only get a little further down the track before a black screen appears with a message about the route out of distance or summat like that??? I'd love to do a full trip to say Swansea or Cardiff!! Is there going to be additional purchases to expand the trip or is that it for ps4 due to capabilities?? Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

The Game includes in the GWE currently the section from Reading to Paddington and the other way around. Even if it says it starts elsewhere in the Service selection, you can only drive from Reading to Paddingtion. Thats what is currently modelled in the game.

3. Andystepheo

Andystepheo New Member

4. Andystepheo

Andystepheo New Member

Have have realised that, but is the map/route ever going to be increased to the full route??

5. M4N U7D M4D

M4N U7D M4D New Member

I agree with the above, I'm new to this game and was really looking forward to go from Cardiff to Paddington. To only go from reading to Paddington feels like I've only been supplied with half of my purchase. If your not able to drive the full route maybe that should be shown on the packaging. Why list something that's unachievable ??
    Would you pay a train ticket from Swansea to Paddington but get chucked off at reading.
    Love the game but feel very misled in its content.

• Like Like x 2
  6. 3440

3440 New Member

Totally agree with you.

7. Andystepheo

Andystepheo New Member

that is another point, it is like miss selling to people, I'm autisic and was desperate to drive the trains and do all the routes, I've got bored off it allready due to not being able to do full routes, another glitch I noticed is say you do a scenario where you have to park the train at the yard, once there the train service is not ment to start for 2 hours, you then have to jump out and run down the tracks back to Paddington to pick up another service at the start of the game they have that message how dangerous train tracks are a d to never go on them in real life, yet the game as that major glitch!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Seriously? Why not go back to the main menu and choose another scenario, service etc?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Andystepheo

Andystepheo New Member

Well let's see??? I thought there was a free mode or you'd be able to find another train to drive, why be a idiot?? Why get gobby? I'm autisic not stupid!! So jog on!! I noticed a legitimate bug that needs fixing!! But all you can do is have ago???

10. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Im curruntly driving the what started as the 2.24 class 166 from reading to paddington, after going back and forth im still on the exact same train without changing, and ive just started the 09.18 service from reading to paddington, i know this doesnt teally help answer your question, but at least its long enough time wise without changing train

11. Andystepheo

Andystepheo New Member

Yes but that scenario where you park the train outside Paddington the next service dosnt start for 7 hrs, so you have to find another

12. M4N U7D M4D

M4N U7D M4D New Member

Although the trains have great detail and waiting times/ turnaround times are realistic, it would be good if someone from Dovetail would message me regarding the miss selling of tsw. Why miss selling ? Well because no matter which service you choose to run it either ends at reading or Paddington as specified routes can't be achieved. Why have dovetail stated routes you can't do in the game ? Instead of introducing the Somerset line at more cost, it would have been better to everyone who has already purchased tsw to add in the routes it says you can do but can't.

• Like Like x 1
  13. dannyjpj

dannyjpj Member

Over reaction mate. He wasn’t having a go or getting “gobby”. He’s right, much easier to quit and choose a new service. No one said you were stupid either. I’ll also say we TSW fans use this space to share ideas and help each other out so don’t be telling people jog on.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Andystepheo

Andystepheo New Member

Hear hear

15. Andystepheo

Andystepheo New Member

I grew up on buses and absolutely love trains, I'm that obsessed I got sent to jail for nicking a bus (my aspbergers) and with my mental health probs I'd never allowed to work on.either, I'm house bound now and I heard this game was great, yes detail I love, needs more trains and passengers, but my biggest prob is that of the length!! I also thought it was the whole services which is why I'm gutted and asked on if therel ever be updates or extra purchases?? If you drive the hat your done in 30 min max!!! And if that new game is £30 is that only going to last 30 min?? All I wanted was the hst and occasionally the stopper and I'm bored allready!! I really wanted this game and it took me time to.get it, now I'm frilly gutted!! I can't afford extras at £30 all the time and I can't afford a gaming p.c so this could have been perfect!! The ps4 is more than capable to support this and more. The way it's advertised it does come across as the whole lot

• Like Like x 2