New British Routes Speculation

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Oct 6, 2022.

1. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Maybe it’s because of my over exposure to it in early MSTS or a general lack of interest in the LNER, but my eyes tend to glaze over when I hear Flying Scotsman mentioned…

• Like Like x 4
  2. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I admit I'm not the greatest modern steam fan, I love the early stuff but there is a fat chance we will see that in TSW, and no doubt the flying scotsman was a great steam Loco but I have to agree I too glaze over a bit although it would have been a better seller for SOS imo. But if they did the Mallard........................

3. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

ECML in general has that effect. And the WCML South of Oxenholme.

But it's historic and famous so may make money

4. OldVern

Oh I'm not anti-LNER, born in the North East I grew up in its (former) area of operations. But playing some of the old SIAM games like Lincoln 1952 opens your eyes to the fact there's a lot more to the LNER than A3's and A4's working top link passenger services. The real workhorses were the various mixed traffic and tank locos, same as all the other Big Four and indeed BR into nationalisation.

• Like Like x 3
  5. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

As per my profile picture, I'm a Great Western lad at heart, but I would love it if Flying Scotsman, or the A3s in general came to TSW3. Far more excited than Jubilees and 8Fs.

I think what makes it a unique engine is how rich and varied a history it's had in preservation, which is why I think a loco DLC for a modern route is more appropriate for it. In service for LNER and later BR it was nothing special, far from the best of the A3s. It wasn't like Mallard which continued to put up spectacular performances after it's world record. It was it's exploits in the USA and Australia among other things that captured the world's attention.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I don't really remember them myself but the V2s are something I would like to see more that the A3s, A4s etc as they were real workhorses and they would do anything asked of them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mbjbjm#7281

mbjbjm#7281 Well-Known Member

The more I think about it the more I think them finally getting around to putting out the HST livery editor plays a part in this new route. I really don’t think they’d go to that trouble if they didn’t have future plans for the HST.

• Like Like x 1
  8. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Indeed I like nothing better than clanking around Weardale in a Wordsell G5 or a Raven Q6. I too don't get too excited over the big LNER pacifics although a period BR ER section of the ECML would be pretty great to see I must admit.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

LMS & GWR feel far more well loved in modern train sims than LNER does these days if you ask me. Personally I'm all for anything LNER, especially a new A3, Jesus, I'm not even sure if anyone ever did a version for TSC besides RSC.

• Like Like x 1
  10. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

There are quite a few LNER routes, apart from the wonderful Stainmore and Weardale routes there are the Lincolnshire lines which is an expansive route and the Cambridgeshire lines which should be renamed as the complete route to York from King's Cross is there. Some of the LNER in Scotland is available.

Calendonian Works have a lot of planned LNER and its constituents releases on their roadmap if they come to fruition including an A3 if I recall.

There are some reskins of the DTG A3, I forget which site they are on at this moment.

Anyway I think I have gone off topic so apologies.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Weardale's a BR route, Stainmore also seems to be BR based on the included stock. ECML's closer, as that has a 30's config, but seems to be set during the BR era primarily based on its description. Lincolnshire seems to be closest, but it only mentions being pre-1950, doesn't confirm it's set during the LNER, as it could just as well be a early BR route.

To me it's like saying Great Western Express with its Class 166 & HST is a classic GWR route because the track was operated by them 100 years ago. A LNER route (or really any of the big four) in my mind would mean it's set distinctly when they still ran the line independently of the government, with all the specific trackage, buildings, etc. that come with that.

Plans change though, I would not be taking it for granted that they'll happen, especially with a to do list as big as theirs. And they have plenty of other locos from other railways (LMS & GWR included) planned as well, so not like they're only doing LNER content. Nice to see that someone's at least considering a A3, would be nice to have something slightly more up to date than the RSC model.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ilba8765

Ilba8765 Well-Known Member

I belief HST class 43 will come back in 1 of the two new route, s

New UK trains: class 350, class 800, class 700, class 365

My thought goes to a possible transfer in one of the railway line
    train simulator TO train sim world

East Coast Main Line London-Peterborough
    he Riviera Line: Exeter-Paignton Route
    WCML Trent Valley Route
    East Coast Main Line
    Edinburgh-Glasgow Route
    Suburban Glasgow Northwest: Springburn - Helensburgh Route

Last edited: Oct 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Ilba8765

electrostar Class 379 Is still missing.....
    :o
    Another experience has become impossible with this one. Except for the power supply (
    Pantograph ) for a
    Overhead line
    and yes, we haven't had that yet. I am definitely not for this either.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

Oh Lordy! I hope its not a electrostar.

• Like Like x 2
  15. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

That is the WAML Liverpool Street to Cambridge era 7 or Liverpool Street Stansted Airport Express

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The new UK route will be GWE again. Same as the old one, mostly, but extended to Didcot, and with 387 Electrostars running as Heathrow Express as far as Airport Junction.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

They should start by making the ACML and one day end it with the ZCML

18. OldVern

You may be right, though logically should carry on to Oxford.

• Like Like x 1
  19. UnmakerAlphaSeven

UnmakerAlphaSeven New Member

I would be happy as long as there would be a busy timetable with it and some new rolling stock

• Like Like x 2
  20. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

I don't see them doing a GWE remake just yet, especially so soon after the SEHS extension. So many new routes need to be made first before we start seeing upgrades to old ones.

Regarding Electrostars, yes they should be included where appropriate but should not be the main focus of a route for the time being. E.g. the Class 387 for an ECML South is a logical inclusion to represent the Peterborough/King's Lynn commuter services but such route should really focus on a 'remastered' HST or better still something new like a Class 91/Mk4 rake or the Class 700/800 series EMUs.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Ilba8765

Something remarkable about the
    ROADMAP

- & Does it mean Just Trains & Train Sim Germany are collaborating on 1 DLC ?

- only focus on new routes including new trains on it, and not just another train for an existing route. bee Rivet Games, Skyhook Games, Just Trains & Train Sim Germany
    Dovetail Games Not included! (BR 420 / 232 We all know a year from, i would say this is the only exception of Train Sim Germany that may confuse this message.)

- A clear prospect of new trains in this new route,s only Third - party developer partner program

- Conclusion New UK route (developed by Rivet Games) which should have a new unknown British train.

- HST In different formation evokes a new life, the most beautiful example

Cross Country / Great Western Railway HST

esrseresrrserrsr.jpg

afbeelding schermmm.jpg

qsdqsdqddqd.jpg

22. james64

While I want WCML South slightly more, I'm beginning to lean more towards it being the ECML from King's Cross to Peterborough. It makes the most sense to me- they could get away with just one new train (either the Class 91 or an 800), and the route will still feel well populated by reusing the HST, 387 and possibly the 313. Pay no attention to the people throwing a tantrum about the 387 being in it, if they don't like it there would still be plenty of other things to drive on such a route. And the potential for a Flying Scotsman DLC for it's anniversary is too good an opportunity to miss. And if a 700 comes out for London Commuter that would fit right in too. All of a sudden it would look like THE most diverse route in TSW.

• Like Like x 6
  23. Ilba8765

Indeed London King's Cross station too good on pass up the chance.. .
    the 700 directly in a route expect that but as a separate DLC . although the LNER livery (class 800 ) would help nicely

In the current situation rather a class 387 on a 2nd train.
    The class 700 can be sold 2 times as DLC.
    class 707 for London St Pancras – Ashford Intl & Faversham Route.
    or second South West trains on a new route.
    class 700 for King's Cross to Peterborough.
    Class 801 'Azuma' EMUs
    InterCity 225s a 225 would be nice to drive
    qsdddd.jpg

zerezr.jpg

class 387

387.jpg

class 700
    700.jpg

class 365: Used to be the train in that route, Train Simulator!
    did they have to set the date to 2022? I would seriously doubt whether this 365 will come.
    365.jpg

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  24. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It was a joke.

• Like Like x 1
  25. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

The best thing to do would be to set it around 2018-2019 where the Class 313, 365 and HST were still in use alongside the newer trains like the Class 387, 700 and 800 series. Even better if they randomly substituted for one another so we could have lots of variety!

• Like Like x 5
  26. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

I think it would surely have to be the Great Northern 717 rather than the 313 as I don't think it's likely that DTG could license the old First Capital Connect livery.

The alternative would be to not have those services at all but that would be very poor and leave a lot of stations with no or very little service at all (at least as far as my understanding of the current timetable goes).

• Like Like x 2
  27. bittesteigensieein

bittesteigensieein Member

What do you think the chances are of extending ECML beyond Peterborough? Or how about inclusion of the Hertford loop or Cambridge Branch?

28. james64

I suppose it's possible, but I'd wager they'd sooner extend an existing route like GWE, or make several more new routes. Just because we've had one route extension doesn't mean it'll become the norm.

29. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

We should definitely make more electrostars.

The north doesn't exist, it's a myth :)

:)

• Like Like x 10
  30. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

The new uk route your making is up north isn't it?

31. DTG Matt

I'm just throwing stones into calm waters :)

• Like Like x 6
  32. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

Sounds like a hint to me, well whatever it ends up being I'm sure we'll enjoy it very much :)

• Like Like x 1
  33. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Edinburgh - Newcastle??

34. OldVern

That rules out anything along the Dawlish sea wall, then!

Maybe North Wales Coast as the shoreline is fairly shallow (I can dream).
    Or it could be Oxenholme to Windermere... :)

• Like Like x 1
  35. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

Isn't the new route AC electric? Not that I wouldn't like to see either of those of course, especially North Wales.

We might be about to see either Chat Moss or another Scottish route - to be honest I don't really know the tracks anywhere north of Birmingham really well enough to offer a sensible guess though.

Can't believe TrainSim-Matt would drop bombs like this into a Highly Speculative Thread on a quiet Sunday afternoon though ;)

36. OldVern

He wants JD's crown.

I had forgotten about the UK route probably being AC electric. Calm waters, well I suppose that could be the WCML around Carnforth where it comes close to the sea, but unlikely. Or now how's this for one - the LT&S from Fenchurch Street out to Shoeburyness which kind of follows the Thames Estuary?

• Like Like x 1
  37. DTG Matt

I dunno maybe I'm trying to lead you away from southern electric routes, or maybe not, or.. who knows :)

Nobody got triggeree by my suggestion of another electrostar route though so my ultimat3 goal was a wash :)

Matt

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

I pray to Lord Matt that it isn’t a southern Electrics route again

39. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It has been confirmed that the next route coming out from dtg will have trees with a new AO graphics effect so we can go from there haha. It's a route that has trees

• Like Like x 1
  40. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

London to Milton Keynes or London to Peterborough isnt up'north before anyone says otherwise. Just saying.....

The north/south divide is the center reservation barrier of the M62 IMHO

41. OldVern

I reckon Matt was just bored waiting for Doctor Who to start... thought he would throw a curved ball.

I think even you are fed up with them by now... Of course a nice AM10 running from Northampton to Birmingham (which crosses the Grand Union Canal a few times - calm water) would be another possibility!

• Like Like x 3
  42. DTG Matt

I don't really watch Western TV any more, and as sad as it makes me to say it as a long term Dr Who fan, finally gave up with doctor who a couple of years ago.

Feeling a little mischievous this afternoon? yep absolutely :)

• Like Like x 3
  43. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'm all in for another UK route, but let's all pray to the Great Railway God that it's set at least 100 miles north of London and none of its trains have three digits that start with the number 3.

My Raildriver is sitting here begging me for something to do, other than tweaking the throttle/brake lever. Dodgem Cars are more involving than the Electrostars

Actually, let's have something from the 70's or 80's with loco- hauled passenger rakes and throw in some freight while we're at it. You do remember UK freight, don't you? ;)

Oh and make sure we can layer in the 101 or another 1st gen diesel. Love that train.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  44. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if Rivet have thrown us smokescreen with Partick and that they are actually going to south of the border and reuse the FLIRT base model either the Stansted Express or perhaps even South Wales.

45. mbjbjm#7281

mbjbjm#7281 Well-Known Member

Matt is there a realistic timeline for when it will be announced. Not precise. But can we expect an announcement this year?

46. james64

I don't think he'd have set off this speculation if it wasn't going to be announced soon. With the hints he's given it's only a matter of time until someone guesses it, which would take the surprise out of the announcement. Perhaps someone already has guessed it. Infinite monkeys with infinite typewriters etc...

And just to play devil's advocate, I'd love to see another Electrostar, provided it's just something on the side and not the main attraction. If it's something silly like West Coastway I'll be up in arms just like the rest of the forum.

47. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Current Electrostar Train
    Electrostar variants
    Class Image Operator(s) Introduced Number Power Carriages Door configuration End gangways Notes
    357 Electrostar [​IMG] c2c 1999 74 AC electric 4 "Plug" style No
    375 Electrostar
    [​IMG] Southeastern 1999 112 Dual Voltage/DC electric 3 or 4 "Plug" style Yes Class 375 and 377 differ only in their coupler configuration and other minor fittings; all Southern units built as Class 375 have since been converted to Class 377 couplers and re-classed. Minor differences in interior trim remain.
    [​IMG]
    376 Electrostar [​IMG] 2004 36 DC electric 5 Sliding pocket No
    [​IMG]
    377 Electrostar [​IMG] [​IMG] Southern
    Southeastern 2002 239 Dual Voltage/DC electric 3, 4 or 5 "Plug" style Yes Class 377/6 and Class 377/7s have been built with different exteriors, matching the Class 379s and Class 387s.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

378 Capitalstar [​IMG] London Overground 2008 57 Dual Voltage/DC electric 5 Sliding pocket Emergency only The Class 378s were constructed in three separate batches - 24 three car units designated as Class 378/0 with dual voltage capability were built for use on the North London Line and West London Line. 20 four car DC-only units designated Class 378/1 were built for the East London Line. 13 four car Class 378/2s were also built, and the Class 378/0s had an extra car added to make them Class 378/2s. All later extended to 5 cars.
    [​IMG]
    Gautrain
    Electrostar [​IMG] Gautrain 2010 24 AC electric 4 "Plug" style No
    [​IMG]
    379 Electrostar [​IMG] Stored 2010 30 AC electric 4 "Plug" style Yes The Class 379s incorporate some technical features of the proposed Aventra Mark II Electrostar.[7] However they are outwardly similar to Class 375 and Class 377.
    [​IMG]
    387 Electrostar [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Great Northern
    Gatwick Express
    Great Western Railway Heathrow Express 2014 107 Dual Voltage 4 "Plug" style Yes Class 387s for Thameslink were ordered to cope with extra service before enough Class 700s were built. These transferred to Great Northern, once enough Class 700s were in service. 387/2s have replaced Class 442s on Gatwick Express. Great Western Railway units on the Thames Valley services to replace the 165s and 166s.
    From 2022 Great Northern will operate 6 Class 387/3s these will allow for some the Class 387/2s to be sent to Southern

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  48. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

And these are the route that run these train
    Bombardier Electrostar routes
    c2c
    [​IMG]

357030 at Barking in National Express c2c livery. Electrostar trains are the new standard on many of London's commuter routes.
    c2c uses Class 357 on services down the London, Tilbury and Southend line from Shoeburyness and Southend to London Fenchurch Street.

Southeastern
    [​IMG]

A Southeastern Class 375 Electrostar at Strood.
    [​IMG]

Interior of a Southeastern electrostar (Class 375).
    The Class 375 is the backbone of Southeastern's long-distance routes, seeing services on most of its lines originating from its London termini (London Victoria, Charing Cross, Cannon Street and London Bridge) including;

On the outer suburban portions of these above routes, the Class 377/5 Electrostars and the Class 465/9 Networkers support the Class 375 Electrostars, but they do not work in multiple together.

[​IMG]

A Southeastern Class 376 Electrostar in Southeastern livery.
    The Class 376 operates on the metro routes in suburban London, in conjunction with the Class 707 Desiro Cities, Class 465 and Class 466 Networkers, operating over the London portion of the above lines from the London Termini (including Blackfriars) out to Dartford and Sevenoaks);

This leaves the Bromley North Line, operated by Class 465s (4 car Networkers). The Bromley North Line, Sheerness Line and Medway Valley Line used to be operated exclusively by the Class 466s (2 car Networkers) prior to the introduction of accessibility regulations in January 2020.

Southern
    [​IMG]

A Southern Class 377.
    Southern's Class 377 fleet is found on all parts of the network apart from the non-electrified routes. They frequent metro routes, formerly alongside the Class 455s, until the latter's withdrawal in 2022, and Class 456s until they transferred to South West Trains in 2014.

Main lines
    Outer suburban
    • London Victoria–Horsham via Dorking
    • London Victoria–East Grinstead
    • London Bridge–Horsham via East Croydon
    • London Victoria-Reigate
    • Redhill-Tonbridge
    Suburban
    Often found on

• London Victoria–Dorking via Sutton
    • London Victoria–Epsom Downs
    • London Bridge-London Victoria via Sydenham
    • London Bridge-Caterham
    • London Victoria-Caterham
    • London Victoria-Epsom
    • London Bridge-Tattenham Corner
    London Overground
    [​IMG]

A London Overground Class 378 in TfL livery at Crystal Palace.
    London Overground operates Class 378s over four lines of its six around London:

• North London Line (Richmond–Stratford via Willesden Junction)
    • West London Line (Clapham Junction–Willesden Junction via West Brompton, and continuing on the North London Line to Stratford)
    • East London Line (Crystal Palace, New Cross or West Croydon–Dalston Junction and Highbury & Islington via Canada Water)
    • South London Line (Clapham Junction–Peckham Rye, and continuing on the East London Line to Dalston Junction)
    Gautrain (South Africa)
    On 8 June 2010, the route between Sandton and OR Tambo International Airport in South Africa opened in time for the 2010 FIFA World Cup.[9] The rest between Johannesburg Park Station and Rosebank was to be completed in 2011. This section was actually opened 7 June 2012,[10] the delay caused by work to resolve a water-seepage problem in the single-track tunnel section between Rosebank and Park. Although railways in South Africa use the 1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in) Cape gauge, Gautrain is built to the more expensive standard gauge of 1,435 mm (4 ft 8+1⁄2 in). According to the Gautrain planning and implementation study,[11] this is done for several reasons, including that standard gauge is safer and more comfortable to passengers. The rolling stock is also easier, quicker and less expensive to obtain than Cape Gauge rolling stock, and standard gauge is also less expensive to maintain as it is more tolerant of track imperfections than Cape Gauge. Standard gauge allows for travel at Gautrain's required speed of 160 km/h (99 mph).

Great Western Railway
    [​IMG]

Great Western Railway Class 387 "Electrostar" EMUs 387131 & 387132 at London Paddington on 2 September 2016.
    From September 2016 Great Western Railway introduced 45 4 car Class 387/1s on peak services between London Paddington and Hayes & Harlington. They currently replace the Class 165s and the Class 166s on the Thames Valley services and now operate between London Paddington and Reading, Didcot Parkway and Newbury.

GWR announced in 2018 that they will modify 12 units to be used on Heathrow Express due to the Class 332s no longer having a depot.

In December 2019, some services to Reading transferred to TfL Rail as part of the Elizabeth Line.

Great Northern
    From late 2016, 29 of the Class 387/1s operating on Thameslink were displaced by the delivery of Class 700 Desiro City units, and were transferred to Great Northern. They operate mostly on the Kings Cross-Cambridge-King's Lynn route, though they can also been seen on other services. These units were delivered in the livery of Southern, with green doors and Southern upholstery

49. OldVern

Further overnight reflections on calm water - Birmingham Cross City which parallels and crosses the canal for much of the southern portion? Let's hope if that is the case we get a properly done 323 not the abomination which comes with the TSC version. More exotic musings, overhead but not necessarily 25kv could be Manx Electric, that parallels the less rough side of the Irish Sea for most of its length. Definitely not Electrostars either!

• Like Like x 3
  50. Ilba8765

On Twitter someone made a short video with a newer sound of the class 323 in Train Simulator.
    would they correctly recreate the sounds of a possible class 323 in Train Sim World,
    More engine sound like in real.
    mph to 20 mph and then just buzz. more realistic sounds is the question. Below is a video of a good form of audio
    https://twitter.com/SamT4659/status/1584329794153762816?s=20&t=HwMf6B9Uw5muTfJ1l-PvDQ