Who Is The Unnamed New Third Party Bringing A New Region To The Game?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by redrev1917, Oct 9, 2022.

1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

For country, I'm partial to Italy, but in general I don't care which country DLC represents as long as switching activities are included, especially those that include the use of a turntable.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  2. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I promise I won't say any more after this but if someone had asked me in the street if Belgium had railways I would have probably said no. I bet you couldn't even think of one good reason why belgians railways are the most famous in the world because they definitely aren't.
    Anyway that's the last I will say now but I couldn't resist myself on this one as the most famous in the world part of the comment cracked me up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Only one reason? You are making it much too easy

"Belgian Railways began construction of its first line, between Brussels and Mechelen on 1 June 1834.[1] This line, which was opened on 5 May 1835, was also the first steam-powered public railway in continental Europe." Wikipedia

Sure being first is not everything but to top things of we have Antwerpen - Centraal. It's a marvellous masterpiece and this time I'm not exaggerating or joking. You have to come see it for yourself. You will be struck with awe. Never mind the glorious history of our railways as Antwerpen-Centraal is truly iconic.

"In 2009, the American magazine Newsweek judged Antwerpen-Centraal the world's fourth greatest train station. In 2014, the British-American magazine Mashable awarded Antwerpen-Centraal the first place for the most beautiful railway station in the world." Wikipedia

If I ask someone on the street if they know about Austrian railways they will be bewildered by the idea that there is more in Austria than mountains and goats :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Im not sure how or why this thread has descended into a rail fans version of a playground argument of "My dads better than your dad".

However using the original definition of 3rd world (ie a country not a member of either the Warsaw Pact or NATO), Switzerland, Japan & India would all qualify and I am sure we can all agree there are some iconic rail routes in all 3 of these countries.

That said Iconic doesn't always translate into a great Train Sim route.

Seeing as its veered so far off topic, perhaps a mod should either lock it or move to OTP sub forum.

• Like Like x 4
  5. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I really wish it was Union Workshop especially since they create Japanese Routes and Trains. I still have yet to see any Japanese Route on TSW yet and I really wish this is the unnamed third party that will be revealed and finally, we have the Japanese route after so many installments.

• Like Like x 2
  6. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Interesting, though shame they weren't first in the world.
    Anyway I have learnt some very interesting stuff from you and hopefully you have learnt some interesting stuff from me so lets end this one here whilst we are both being civil about matters.
    Have a good evening mate.

• Like Like x 3
  7. LodeStar

LodeStar Active Member

Not really...

For the rest - on topic - , hoping for Christrains (being Dutch myself, for obvious reasons).

Another interesting company would be Train Motion (train-motion.com), the stuff these Romanian guys make for TS is top notch too! Would be nice having them with TSW3, and have them cater for a new market as well! :love:

But I wouldn't really mind any other country being brought in, haha!
    There are so many iconic routes with interesting operations in so many different countries! :)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Sprinter

Sprinter Well-Known Member

Spoiler Alert: Its The Netherlands! :)

9. trainnick77

trainnick77 Member

how do you know it's the Netherlands?

10. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

He doesn't.

• Like Like x 2
  11. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

In TSC they are known for making Chinese and Japanese routes. If we get Tohoku Shinkansen the E5 and H5 Shinkansen plays like a TGV Duplex ICE3 with a Tlit of a DB Baureihe 612

12. BladesAndRazors

BladesAndRazors Member

In the Japan dlc you will be game over if you are 1 second late.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

A new region doesn't necessarily need to be a new country.

14. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Unless he co-operates with another thrid party like Rivet. Wouldn't be the first third party to develop trains while another party makes the route. Still, I consider the Netherlands quite unlikely, unfortunately.

Also, lets keep in mind, it doesn't necessarily need to be a party that also developed for TSC, although I realize that is probably more likely. Just to keep all options open.

15. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

In the road map stream I belive they said country not region, though I may be wrong.

Edit: Just checked they definitely said country.

16. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

And if the old Densha de Go games are a guide, stop more than 1m either side of the mark and you’ll be off duty too. If it is Japan, will the route come with a pair of (real, sent through the post) white gloves? Also you will need to enable your voice capture software to check you are verbally stating the aspect of each approaching signal!

• Like Like x 9
  17. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I remember buying dlcs from christrains back in 2018. Somebody said he will not create content for tsw, but maybe he is going with the wave now. With just trains another big dev is joining.

18. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

It seems to me that the new country will be Austria. I would very much like the new development team to be from the Czech Republic. It would be great to see the Prague main station or the Decin-Dresden route.

Japan would be very interesting, especially the Shinkansen and the Series 100 train or the historic Series 0. But the chances are low.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

That's good to know. Curious what it'll be.

Looking at TSC DLC collection, Austria is a likely candidate, but well... I guess anything is possible.

20. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

If I’m honest as long as it’s good quality I don’t care which country it is as long as it’s new!
    Anything outside the big three is already a massive bonus, hopefully a sign for things to come!

• Like Like x 1
  21. driverwoods#1787

Better Dresden Decin Prague Bahnstrecke Dresden Bodenbach Prag for the German-speaking community since the Czech Republic used to be a part of Austria during the Austria-Hungary era. Dresden Decin Prague km stones are Dresden Decin Km 0 is Dresden Neustadt but Decin Prague Km 0 is Wien Hbf a legacy of the Austria-Hungary Railway system Cisleithania side Km 0 Wien Hbf which was the Sudbahnhof in Austria-Hungary era

22. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

If it's a third party like RSSLO or Union Workshop the nice thing is it will likely mean the counties they cover will probably keep getting new routes. The problem with DTG and other third parties doing foreign routes is that often they'll do the one line and then not return for years on end. It's kind of weird for example we haven't gotten even a DLC for the LGV route, or how we lack a Canadian Pacific focused route still. Imagine how crazy you'd look telling someone a year ago we'd get BNSF before them!

On a semi-related side note I really hope they can get someone on board for steam sooner rather than later for the same reason. It would be reassuring knowing someone like Bossman was on board who could dedicate themselves to it. Because frankly I don't see DTG having the will and resources to keep steam alive on their own.

• Like Like x 2
  23. redrev1917

I do think that we'll need to see improvements in the overall steam physics model and manual fireman before we see any respected steam third parties join the program. Afterall a companies reputation is only as good as their last product (over generalisation there).

24. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I don't know, honestly I would think you'd want third parties on pretty early on, even if they can't develop anything they can at least provide feedback for what they'll need. And really I don't even believe they couldn't get work done, I would point to Microsoft and how they got many third parties working on it before MSFS even had came out. And after all many of those devs were working with incomplete tools as well, but they were able to at least get a good chunk of work done. When they hit roadblock they either waited till Microsoft could address their issues, or worked around it with their own code. Highly doubt the latter's possible for TSW, but I'm certain third parties could at least get some preliminary work done for their steam projects at this stage.

And granted, they could absolutely be doing that, and DTG just are keeping quiet because they aren't due within the next few months. But you know what they say, if it isn't on the roadmap...

25. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I mean, Union Workshop has only done China or Japanese routes, I don't see them randomly jumping ship from Asia if the make the switch to TSW.

26. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Well, yeah, that's my point.
    I don't see what's in that statement to contradict that.

27. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Maybe I misread your post.
    :|

28. trainnick77

trainnick77 Member

Bossman were on board with Spirit of Steam

29. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Hey, happens to all of us!
    They only supplied 3D models, and I think they were from the Jubilee and 8F they did already did for TSC. DTG did all the scripting, and likely did the graphical improvements to the models from Bossman. They're in the game in the same capacity as Armstrong Powerhouse, they supply assets (albeit graphical assets instead of sound), but otherwise don't develop for TSW.

30. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Bossman recorded one of the locomotives. I forgot which one.

31. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I know Bossman have recorded audio for their locos before, but I don't remember mention of DTG using their recordings. I do remember this video from DTG on their sound recording trip for the 8F though, and the main people talking are DTG employees. They do mention Bossman helped them, but this still pretty clearly seems to be managed by DTG, for their products.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
  32. rennekton#1349

Yea, Bossman recorded new sounds for dtg to use. Still a dtg product so bossman wasn't involved in the actual development

33. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

Whoever they are be, the news of a new country had been by far the best news in the entire roadmap. Sure, it will feel empty at first, but whatever it is going to be, seeing different scenery with new rolling stock is what I hoped for when they called it "Train Sim World".

As for suggestions, everything would be intersting. From Austrailia to Italy to Mexico, China, Japan, or "just" austria - exotic or not, a new country is exciting!

• Like Like x 1
  34. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

LOL :D:D:D:D:D Good One.

35. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Member

Shuppatsu shinko!

I am super onboard with the idea of Union Workshop bringing some Japanese routes to Train Sim World, it seems like a no brainer really.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Heerenrailfan92

Heerenrailfan92 Active Member

While I would love to see some Dutch content an Amsterdam Utrecht route seems rather short. It’s only 45Km. Amsterdam-Rotterdam seems more likely but hey who am I

37. driverwoods#1787

OK then but hardware why not use an International route to introduce the Netherlands in TSW3 the Duisburg Oberhausen Arnhem Utrecht 156km. For DTG they Are going to realize that the best value is a network route which is Hollandstrecke Duisburg/Bochum-Amsterdam. Segments are HRR Duisburg/Bochum Oberhausen via Mülheim Styrum and Duisburg/Mülheim Styrum Arnhem Utrecht line and Amsterdam Utrecht. For the whole Duisburg Amsterdam Centraal trip it takes 2hr 27 3 min shorter than a Schnellfahrstrecke Hannover Würzburg 2hr 30 freight

Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
  38. redrev1917

A new 3rd party would be absolutely crazy to even think about a 156km route as a first foray into TSW. Its not going to happen, not now not ever.

• Like Like x 1
  39. driverwoods#1787

If Third Party International route which one of these can work Venlo Mönchengladbach Aachen Maastricht or 50-60 km Aachen Liege Freight Aachen Kinkempois L37? The reason why I went Duisburg Oberhausen Arnhem Utrecht as a third party route is that the route can merge with HRR using the Duisburg Mülheim Styrum junction.

40. redrev1917

Again I think if a 3rd party first route into TSW was an international route that they'd need certifying, I mean 2 lots of signaling to master, not to mention a possible current change and 2 distinct types of railway & none railway assets to include.

41. driverwoods#1787

Ok then and that leaves Germany to Austria like Rosenheim Salzburg Hbf freight Rosenheim Salzburg Gnigl which is all 15kv 16.7hz PZB Hp Vr signals. Innsbruck Garsmich Partenkirchen Mittenwaldbahn PZB

42. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Don't know about RSSLO, but I'm pretty sure it's not Union Workshop for now, as they are still working on TSC content (most likely E233 EMU on the Tokaido Line, judging by the WIP pictures). But I wish they joined the TSW bandwagon at some point. Though they are like only 2 people, so they would need a lot of help from DTG to get a TSW route done.

43. redrev1917

One of my favourite TSC routes and one which I've ticked off in real life. I'd love a TSW version, the improved graphic should make this a stunning route.

• Like Like x 2
  44. driverwoods#1787

I agree and have you been on Rosenheim Wörgl Innsbruck route if So That can be RSSLO first TSW 3 route because it has ÖBB Baureihe 1016 1116 & 1216 1293 4024 trains plus Vbf Hall in Tirol where ÖBB Baureihe 1063 does the Hump. Bonus 204 363 G6 can substitute due to ÖBB chosing PZB since the 1960s. In return ÖBB routes can give Taurus locomotives 1016 1116 1216 to run with Dostos solving 182 dosto issue

45. redrev1917

Think so, would that have been the line I'd taken on the Hamburg Innsbruck sleeper? If so on a crisp snow laid early morning run it was equally as stunning.

46. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I remember them saying last year the top requested countries were Japan and Australia. So I'd guess it's someone who specializes in one of these 2.

47. rennekton#1349

I don't think there are any Australian routes in tsc (maybe im wrong), so Im going to assume that is out. It's either for a new country in Europe or Asia.

48. driverwoods#1787

Is that the train in game where Afb DB BR101 is restricted to 140 kmh due to Laaers 560s behind the IC Coach the seating cars? If so Innsbruck Rosenheim can fix it by giving it Ddm 915s max speed 160 kmh with ÖBB 1216 which stays with the train to München Hbf where DB BR101 runs München Hbf Augsburg Nürnberg Würzburg Hannover via Kassel Main Spessart Bahn Gelnhausen as seen on ÖBB website.

49. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

How would that would rule them out? Both Skyhook & Rivet have made content for TSC after releasing content for TSW. The former's also made Lawn Mowing Simulator during that time. Also Just Trains have been making content for TSC recently, and they're a confirmed developer for TSW.

50. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Well it doesn't rule it out completely, I just don't think they would do multiple projects at the same time, due to being such a small team and barely managing one route per year already.

But I would like to be proven wrong though. A japanese route would make me get back into TSW in an instant (lately I have been playing TSC only, exactly due to the japanese content).

Also I think TSW would be a good fit for Union Workshop, as they make quite highly detailed models that TSC already struggles with. In this regard, a more modern game engine would suit them better.

• Like Like x 1