New British Routes Speculation

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

There's a lot of American passenger routes worth making as well, but didn't change the fact it got tiring to see no new American freight routes for a whole bloody year in TSW1/2. There's a time and place for everything, and London's gotten a lot of time, and plenty of places to itself. There's plenty of places in the UK which haven't been explored, it's worth giving those areas a go as well. Would much rather see something out of Edinburgh or York for ECML than London if it were to come in the near-term myself.

2. max1313

max1313 Active Member

3. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Based out of Leeds and primarily electric operated (Class 333 and Class 321 and/or Class 331) the Airedale line and Wharfedale line could be a pretty strong contender...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

My gut feeling is they’ll go big on this one and I do think it could be ECML with it being top of the pops for years. Another big timetable from Joe etc

I think rivet will pick up, smaller uk routes this time around

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m going for DTG doing part of ECML, which I’m certain has been in the works for a while. I also think Rivet might do another section of the ECML too but that’s a wild stab just because they both have the same code and were announced at the same time. That would help with getting more trains if they share each other’s as a sort of joint venture. But really it could be any of many AC electric routes even a modern version of Liverpool to Crewe (and beyond) with a Class 390 for some WCML action.

• Like Like x 1
  6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I think someone's been on the sauce again :)

7. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

You also have the LNER trains to Bradford and Skipton which could be included or added later.

• Like Like x 1
  8. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

If it was a big route and this close to TSW3 release wouldn't it logically have been the 3rd route rather than an extend SEHS?

9. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Sorry, but the ECML is rather boring, remembering my experience of it in TSC, especially the coma-inducing stretch from York to Newcastle ( partially relieved by the presence of the Deltic ).

As for any more trains called 3XX, I'm praying to the Great Railway God to spare me and the rest of the human race.

Doesn't the UK rail system have any actual locomotives any more?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  10. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

there are locomotives that start with a 3 but aren't in tsw like the 323, 350, 325, 317, 365, 319, 390, 303, 321. Some I got just from watching armstrong powerhouse videos. Im sure there are many more 3xx locomotives out there.

• Like Like x 2
  11. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Peterborough to York is the most interesting section personally. On the ECML we still have some 91s knocking about and 68s on TPE transpennine runs. Also all freight is still loco hauled.

As said above there are some fairly decent 3xx classes such as 365s, 304s and 305s.

• Like Like x 4
  12. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

That's a decent section, from Darlington you start winding up towards Newcastle. York - Doncaster is pretty flat and boring and very little in the way of a straight line between the two. As is the southern section of the ECML, that's pretty dull too.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Frankly if the motive power's interesting enough I think most can tolerate a boring route. Heaven's sake, one of the most popular American routes is Sherman Hill, and lets be honest, that route on its own's a bore. But since you can drive Centennials, Gas Turbines, and Big Boys on it people tolerate it. Don't see how ECML would be any different in that regard, route might be boring, but there's a lot of potential for interesting rolling stock.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  14. chieflongshin

Not sure to be honest. I can't help think they'd see it as one of those potential heavy hitter routes ans polish it more following the success of the BML title . I might be way offf the pace but let's say for example they did a massive refit of WCML, I don't think that would be bundled either as so many people ask for it so I doubt they'd want the route marketing to be diluted.
    I could be totally wrong but i think we're closer to one of those routes than we anticipate

15. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Not all 3xx units are dull, 302 through to about 321 were pretty good, classics like the 304 or the 310s in particular. Hardest part for those of course is sourcing the sound and even if you synthesize based on recordings, most of the earlier classes were gone before the advent of mass cheap digital filming so not going to get a high fidelity capture. That said, Maik's DB 420 in TSC sounds quite similar to a Class 310 etc. so they could talk nicely to him.

Purely speculation here then, but how about Liverpool Street to Clacton and Walton with a 309. Would pay Day 1 price for that...

• Like Like x 5
  16. Ilba8765

Ilba8765 Well-Known Member

this really reminds me of
    Yawwie

He said those same words a year ago but with 1 difference!

Yawwie
    Thameslink doesn't exist, it's a myth

DTG Matt
    The north doesn't exist, it's a myth

(Behind The Making | Train Sim World 2 Rush Hour - London Commuter)

17. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

I don't exist, i'm a myth.

• Like Like x 20
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Well I was originally going to go for either WCML, ECML GEML GWML (<---- Insert snigger here). But then I'm going to completely throw a curveball here and go for the Elizabeth Line!

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  19. OldVern

Ah! It's going to be Sodor then, modernised and worked by Edward The Electrostar.

But built on the DEM and route of The Bermuda Railway...

• Like Like x 7
  20. chieflongshin

Are you suggesting you're the DB Cooper that went missing in the Sherman Hill Scenario Matt or that when people look for you at work they're saying "Where is he?" ;)...

JD - "Pulling a 6 .hr night shift stream again, he doesn't do mornings ":D

• Like Like x 2
  21. DTG Matt

Dangit Vern, NDA man, NDA. :)

• Like Like x 9
  22. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

*ceases to exist*

23. FredElliott

Out of interest do you have any northerners on staff involved with TSW dev DTG Matt ?

• Like Like x 1
  24. OldVern

If Derek Siddle still works for DTG I believe he is a Northman, being the genius behind Weardale for TSC.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Warspite

Warspite Well-Known Member

I'm half way through a scenario on TSC's ECML London-Peterborough, running a class 60 on 6M34 1223 Ferme Park to Croft. Your train is on the down slow for most of the way, but you have to concentrate with adverse signal aspects and lots of AI traffic. Set in 2013 with HSTs, 365s and 170s together with up freight trains, the scenery doesn't really matter but there is still a lot of lineside interest. ECML can be interesting providing there is a busy timetable with sufficient AI traffic.

26. squerble

squerble Active Member

I'm happy to be an un-paid, token Northerner if DTG need one :D

• Like Like x 1
  27. reallychummy

reallychummy Member

It's the Sheerness branch.

Get HYPED

28. DTG Matt

Derek is very much still here, there's others too - one of our art team leads is based around York I think, we're all over the country now with a few not even in the same country these days too :)

Matt.

• Like Like x 4
  29. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

The route(s) are an ideal size but judging by the absence of any northern-branded content in TSC (despite numerous appropriate DLCs including the new Trans-Pennine route released a few weeks ago) I don't personally think it will be unfortunately (hoping to be proved wrong of course :)).

• Like Like x 1
  30. heliomass

heliomass Member

HS2? That would be a bold move ;)

• Like Like x 2
  31. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Oh, please! You're not in the North until you reach Luton.

• Like Like x 4
  32. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

I went to university in Plymouth and knew a local chap there who considered 'the north' to be anywhere above Newton Abbot...

• Like Like x 2
  33. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Ah. I see the North- South divide is still alive and well.
    On my visits to England ( admittedly none recent ), I always found the North much more interesting and welcoming.

( Just thought I'd throw a cat among the pigeons ) :D

• Like Like x 4
  34. FredElliott

"The NORTH" is used on destination boards on UK mainland motorways, and the furthest north one according to the thread linked below seems to be Inverness, and the most southerly appears to be Oxford

That's not even a divide, its basically the whole country is both north and south except for tiny little strips at both ends

https://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18169

• Like Like x 1
  35. Mikeboy

Mikeboy Active Member

Northern nowadays is controlled by DfT, which DTG has numerous licences with.

• Like Like x 2
  36. antony.henley

Anything above Poole (my home town) is North lol :)

Hentis

37. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Just because they've worked with the parent company doesn't mean Northern's also gonna give them licensing. SCS had Volvo's in ETS2 before ATS was a thing, but it still took years to get the VNL into ATS, because the American division had their own licensing they had to work out.

38. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

They just released the Trans-Pennine route for TSC as a modern route but using 1990's stock (presumably due to licensing like what happened with the York to Peterborough and Liverpool to Manchester routes) so if they knew they were making a route with northern branding in TSW, surely they would take the opportunity and apply the licensing to the TSC route also?

• Like Like x 1
  39. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

As a Northerner when I'm travelling down to London, once I leave Crewe I'm heading into the Midlands and then when I leave Watford, I'm darn sarf

• Like Like x 1
  40. Mikeboy

Mikeboy Active Member

I've seen, but assume that either they don't have TPE they didn't want to mix it, or it just wasn't considered worth it for TSC. But as I say it's DfT now so unlikely there's a massive blocker there if they want it.

• Like Like x 1
  41. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Today's update has further increased of the sizes of these depots.
    Again for comparison sake, the former depot is around the same size as routes such as NTP and Great Western Express, while the later is around the same as Rhein-Ruhr Osten and Tees Valley. I definitely think one of them is DTG's UK route (expecting it to be the larger one) and as for the other one, I think it's either Rivet's UK route, or DTG's German route, but I'm leaning more towards the former.

I do expect that these sizes will change again before release, but like I've said before, these sizes can give a good insight into how big (or small) an upcoming route might be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Nothing for the US loco (Acela?) yet?

43. Wieczorek

Wieczorek Active Member

[ ZITAT = "Jpantera, Post: 557557, Mitglied: 11324" ] Radienten, Kreuzungen, Mitarbeiterinesse. Traktion mit mehr als einem Griff. WCML über Shap in einem 390 ist schnellen Flach.....Ich frage mich, ob die Wherry-Linien irgendwo gekocht werden ... [ / ZITAT ]

44. Wieczorek

Wieczorek Active Member

I guess New UK route is York to Newcastle or York to Peterborough(102 miles long) with Azuma Class 801 and 387/1 or 365.Yesterday Matt said one of our art team is near of York

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  45. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Achievements have been leaked. Looks like we’re getting the Birmingham Cross City Line with the Class 323 for TSW 3. (Look at the bottom of the list)

A1A0BA1F-9586-475F-8F14-B65EF541E189.jpeg

• Like Like x 24
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. Wieczorek

Wieczorek Active Member

First i knows is Cross City line.Only with 323? I hope for class 350/1 or 350/2 or 350/3.

• Like Like x 1
  47. OldVern

Well, well. That was favourite on our speculation the other day.

A few caveats of course...
    1. If all we get is the 323 has a danger of being another "one trick pony" like Cathcart. Needs something else to pad out the train collection. A Voyager would be nice.
    2. The 323 must be better than its TSC counterpart.
    3. We need a driveable canal boat so we can take a leisurely cruise along the southern section, a la Narrowboat Simulator (google.com)

• Like Like x 5
  48. antony.henley

Interesting :)

Well I found the TSC version release vid out so if anyone is interested who hasn't got it for TSC have a looksie below.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  49. FredElliott

Kipper tie?

• Like Like x 2
  50. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Interestingly enough, I've seen two other depots being updated in the steamdb, which I believe are upcoming add-ons that don't have download sizes yet. These depots are:
    The former I believe is for one of the upcoming routes (I going to say, it's for the German Route) and as for the later one, I'm going to make a bold statement. Not only do I believe this is the US Loco, but I am fully convinced that this add-on will be the Acela Express for Boston Sprinter. How do I know this? Well I've seen this depot getting updated alongside the depot for Boston Sprinter on the steamdb (which it's depot is 1998952) on two occasions and considering the loco in question has been hinted to be an US AC electric loco (and that Boston Sprinter is the only US AC Electric route we have right now, sorry NEC New York), I think it's safe to say it will be Acela. I'm going to leave down these two times this allegeded loco add-on depot got updated alongside Boston Sprinter, just to show that this is supposedly it's depot and that it's supposedly going to be for Boston Sprinter.
    Again, this just speculation, but I think the chances of this being Acela are incredibly high right now.

• Like Like x 3