New British Routes Speculation

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Oct 6, 2022.

1. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I'd also like more Electrostars too, I'd love to see them on an ECML South route or an updated GWE, I just think that we need a break from them for a little bit.

• Like Like x 4
  2. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

DTG product development meeting.

A: The community is bored of London & South East 3rd rail electric EMU commuter routes, they want something different.

B: I know lets do a Midlands overhead electric EMU commuter route instead, because that's totally different.

Everyone: That's decided then, meeting concluded. Pub anyone?

• Like Like x 17
  3. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Now this would be a challenging drive during poor adhesion!

A single 66 on loaded oil tanks up the Lickey…

07161AE3-EDEB-4530-84A8-E6B81BFF8F15.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  4. redrev1917

Screenshot 2022-10-29 165537.jpg
    Theres a banker on that

Last edited: Oct 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Ilba8765

Ilba8765 Well-Known Member

full power:)

6. londonmidland

Ah yes.
    Still would be fun regardless.

• Like Like x 1
  7. redrev1917

This would be much more fun

• Like Like x 3
  8. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

This is would do it for me! Steam railtour up the Lickey with a Pannier tank as banker. Man, I really want a Pannier in TSW!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Anything loco hauled is fun on Licky!

• Like Like x 3
  10. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well the whole thing would have been interesting as a steam era project (with the broken steam simulation fixed of course). Could even have carried on from Redditch via Broom Jn and Evesham to Ashchurch!

• Like Like x 6
  11. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

You gotta love this. Amazing scenery and some brilliant steam thrash!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I see a few people bring up that Cross City could be a Rivet project, that's certainly possible, but I doubt it. Here's the thing about them, for all their faults they usually do a good job of making their picks stand out compared to the rest. As an example West Cornwell is set in the 90's, where as DTG's picks were either in modern times, or set in the 80's. Might not be a massive difference, but still makes it a bit more notable than if it were just yet another present day route. And that's one of the more tame examples, Arosa, Isle of Wight, and S-Bahn are all rather distinct routes compared to the rest of the TSW lineup.

Also it's not like Cross City with only the 323 would be that abnormal pick for DTG, Cathcart Circle & LGV are both examples of routes which only contain a single new type. Also even a lot of the routes which do have multiple locos often are usually only doing one brand new loco for it. Usually the second loco is just a modified version of a locomotive from another pack. Spirit of Steam's really the only exception to this of late I can think of, but that's a exception, not the norm. So the idea a few had that the one locomotive is some sign it's a Rivet route is ridiculous if you ask me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. redrev1917

Ive no doubt that BCC will come with a Class 66, afterall you can never have enough class 66's.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I think they'll use the 66 off of SEHS via a layer instead of including it, less work for them, and most of the player base probably already own it. Wouldn't be surprised if the treatment train got layered in as well, seeing as one of the selling points was that it would layer into future routes.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ilba8765

Ilba8765 Well-Known Member

The reason I thought of Rivet Games was because they already had experience with the Class 150 and this could possibly be a second train in the route. The class 323 has a lot of windows in real life. Since only Rivet games do that, it would sound a little more logic
    to me.
    ( Birmingham New Street - Bromsgrove )
    Huge respect for Rivet Games they learn from their mistakes. Couple of British routes have already to go back in time in some areas due to a problem in the license agreement. Opposite Germany you often have DB and no route has been set back in an older time yet.
    or is it just to have more difference ?

You are right
    The only routes released with more than 1 train are those below.

Sand Patch Grade
    Great Western Express
    West Somerset Railway
    Ruhr-Sieg Nord
    Tees Valley Line

at all indeed always had a train from the previous route.

only
    Spirit of Steam

am also a player, since the beginning of 2017 and have experienced all the DLC outcome.
    It is clear for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  16. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Imagine it is Avanti West Coast, that would be crazy, cause from this video it looks like Avanti are the fastest train in the UK.
    You can see this from this video:
    I don't mind if it is ECML as well, as long as the train is fast and very busy with commuters.

• Like Like x 2
  17. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

HS1, which we already have, is the fastest line in the UK (300km/h). The ECML and WCML have the same line speed, along with many other lines (125mph). Currently, only trains with active tilt technology can travel at 125 on parts of the WCML, others are limited to 110 iirc.
    [​IMG]
    110 for normal trains, 125 for tilting ones.
    Granted, Pendos would be very cool!

• Like Like x 3
  18. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

I’d prefer the Class 370 over the Pendolino. It’s a thing of beauty and Britain’s first tilting train. Sadly, it only had a very short life due to technical issues, lack of financing and politics.

The technology from it was sold to Fiat Ferroviaria and implemented into their Pendolino trains, including the Class 390.

DTG made it in TS Classic so one day, I hope it comes to TSW!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  19. OldVern

If memory serves me correctly the APT never entered passenger service and even if it did only worked a handful of timetabled services. Of course if that meant we got some nice 81 - 87's for the rest of the traffic I would be like a pig in clover!

• Like Like x 4
  20. TSW Nathan

I would love a 390 Pendilino! Such a fantastic train, and it's the 3rd fastest train in the uk
    Class 374
    Class 395
    Class 390
    Fastest-Slowest trains operating in the uk

• Like Like x 2
  21. redrev1917

The issue is with the 390 that virgin license has expired and Avanti trains dont go anywhere.

I guess we could legimately have static Avanti 390 filling up New Street never going anywhere prototypically. So I guess there is hope.

• Like Like x 1
  22. TSW Nathan

Like said before. They wouldn't go to so much effort to make a whole train just to sit static. I would love to have the train in the game but it's probably not going to happen

23. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

There was a class 91 91110 (or 91010 before renumbering) which went just over 160mph and although there were plans I don't remember or can find any records of a pendolino beating this. The speed of 160mph would put the 91s in 2nd place and 395s in 3rd place with their top speed of only 157 mph.

• Like Like x 2
  24. redrev1917

Overhead.png

• Like Like x 9
  25. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

It did work a handful of scheduled services. I believe for a short time there was 1 scheduled return Euston-Glasgow each day. However, like you, my primary interest in it is that it would mean we were in the right era for a tap-changer electric!

However, I always think the most sensible thing for DTG to do would be to re-create part of the West Coast in a year between 2002 and 2005. That way the modern traction fans could have their Pendolino, and the traditional traction fans could have an 87. I feel sympathy for DTG trying to please people with such a diversity of interests, but placing the era in a cross-cover period like this seems the ideal solution.

However, if licensing does indeed prohibit anything in the Virgin era, maybe BR era with an 87 and an APT is the solution (although if it were down to me it would be an 87 and an 86!)

• Like Like x 5
  26. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

We haven’t had any trains set in that 00s time period, have we? I suppose it’s harder to licence defunct companies. Still, would love to see a Virgin train, especially a Pendolino.

The issue I see with modern-day the WCML route is that Avanti are totally screwed. Not only is public opinion just so against them right now, they’ve got a deadline to fix their problems or they’ll lose the license. If DTG really want to make the WCML, wouldn’t it be a better idea to either set it during the Virgin era (or perhaps the BR one, though I’m personally not a fan of those set around that time, dunno why) or maybe just wait until Avanti either sort out their problems or lose the license all together. At least if they do make the WCML and Avanti lose their license, it should be easy to bring it up to date using the Livery Designer (plus, in the scenario where Avanti are no longer the operator of the line it would actually be more accurate in the early stages to have some Avanti trains still running as refurbishment goes on.)

Also, Avanti liveries are ugly, really ugly.

• Like Like x 1
  27. OldVern

As I've said previously, setting routes in the BR Classic blue era gets round the licensing issue. In fact didn't one of the WCML routes for TSC come with a Pendie in a fictional LMS/early BR maroon livery?

• Like Like x 1
  28. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

From my regular experiences commuting with West Midland Railways that could apply to the complete to the complete DLC! My experience is the Snow Hill lines but from what I understand the Cross City isn't much better.

• Like Like x 1
  29. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

The first TSC Pendolino came in LMS livery and I think maybe a couple of other fantasy ones. It didn't come with a route. I think WCMLN was the only WCML route at the time, it was quite an early release. There was fairly soon a reskin on UKTS for it into Virgin livery.

• Like Like x 1
  30. frabjousvector

Why are we assuming that Virgin or most former franchise holders for that matter won’t want to have their defunct trains licensed?

31. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

They had the NWC pulled because of it, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for VT stuff. I am not sure all members realise how much of an issue licensing is. Very possible there will be some TOCs and types of train that are never seen for these reasons. Older BR stuff has far less of these issues because only one organisation has to be dealt with. I imagine DB being so big in German ops has helped the German DLC be developed so well. The fact we have a relatively small railway system with many different companies operating means some serious hurdles for developing to jump through. I suspect that impacts on what information can be released in the run up also.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

I couldn’t be happier for Cross City, it’s one of my favourite routes in TSC (with the exception of 323 sounds, thankfully a sound patch sorted that out) but navigating the complex junctions round Birmingham is enjoyable, adverse signals, plenty of AI, that does just need to be translated in to TSW3.

My favourite section is actually New Street-Lichfield Trent Valley simply because of the approach to Birmingham at Proof House Junction and frequent station calls and Barnt Green - Bromsgrove, simply giving the 323 a good run. Five Ways/University area is nice running alongside the canals too.

• Like Like x 5
  33. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

What’s NWC and what happened to it? Not too familiar with railsims other than TSW. ;)

34. londonmidland

Whilst I’m looking forward to this route, I do fear that it’ll only be shipped with the Class 323 (and perhaps the RHTT as a layer) which translates into boring green light runs from A - B.

Birmingham New Street will no doubt look and feel like a ghost town.

• Like Like x 5
  35. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

North Wales Coast, it had Virgin and Arriva trains. It has been re released for TSC now with the latest incumbent operators present.

• Like Like x 1
  36. andyscotland

andyscotland Well-Known Member

I saw a Facebook post in the week stating that it MIGHT be the cross city line with 323s, this is all well and good but it has to include some of the Midlands also with 172s in my opinion such as dorridge/whitlocks end to Stourbridge or Kidderminster

• Like Like x 2
  37. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I think I‘ve caught up with all the posts I missed. This is the rough situation/timeline if I‘m understanding everything correctly, with some personal speculation mixed in:
    • DLC 1: Birmingham Cross City Line with BR Class 323 (Trophies leaked already, route announcement before the next roadmap according to DTG. Release within the next few weeks? Likely a DTG route due to its complexity.)
    • DLC 2: DTG German or Rivet UK route (Content depot already has a file size, so release might not be too far away (late 2022/early 2023)?)
    • DLC 3: DTG German or Rivet UK route (Content depot does not have a file size yet, spring 2023 perhaps?)
    • DLC 4: DTG US Loco DLC (Content depot does not have a file size yet, but has been updated together with Boston Sprinter multiple times. Amtrak Acela or Avelia Liberty? Spring 2023?)

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

If we are speaking about Birmingham Cross City Line, the first mastery level's reward (atleast the letter R) can be used right now in the livery designer. So, new font will be part of the mastery rewards.

39. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Update on that: here's a test livery made by me just to show it for y'all.
    update: the image went missing, huh?[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  40. redrev1917

What is the obession that DTG has with the livery creator and mastery rewards.

The net result it, those of us with no wish to create custom liveries gets little to zero benefit from mastery rewards so have little to no interest in achieving them,

• Like Like x 3
  41. frabjousvector

Ahh, clears it up. Thanks!

42. aydinbarker

aydinbarker New Member

If rivet/dtg are gonna make the Birmingham Cross City line (most likely) is it possible that perhaps the WCML could be the other tsw route since they both meet at New Street. WCML has already been done in tsc so it could be easier to make. The loco-add-on could be a class 350, 377/2 - please not, or a 319 depending on when the route is said. I just hope dovetail releases more than one sub-class of a train and more than one type of new train for the route. For example, only releasing 390/1 for WCML and not the 390/0. It's very frustrating and it makes the routes feel less realistic and less busy in terms of the number of trains.

One more thing - why do DTG stations always like so bland and empty compared to real life? They usually look very odd in-game.
    [​IMG]
    In game above ^
    [​IMG]
    Irl above ^

• Like Like x 4
  43. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

Ahh, livery designer reminds me of Trainz paintshed which was another complete waste of time. I wouldn't be surprised if DTG use existing game locos and give them new train operator liveries to beef up the emptiness of BCC hence the post here Busier Or More Accurate Timetables? | Dovetail Games Forums

44. OldVern

Must admit I've never dabbled with livery creator and even the scenario planner in its current limited state I rarely touch. If we're going to have "rewards" then they need to be something more tangible - like a 50p coupon to spend on TSW or TSC content from the Steam store!

• Like Like x 2
  45. TSW Nathan

46. TSW Nathan

I'm afraid your right and it will just be like cathcart. Let's hope your wrong

• Like Like x 1
  47. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I would have all the mastery done within a week if that were to be the case!

• Like Like x 1
  48. redrev1917

Doesnt even have to be a money award for me, just something special in game being unlocked.

For example a special livery along the lines of the BS TSW2 ACS64, or say a unlocked extra timetable layer. Just give me a reason to actually care about mastery

• Like Like x 2
  49. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Agreed there. Mastery needs to be not always decals + special route scenery, it needs to also be something like special livery on a train + special route scenery, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  50. frabjousvector

Not until they allow you to choose which liveries appear on which routes. If they include a retro livery as an unlockable (which would be really cool, like a Connex 465 or a FGW 166), they should allow you to enable or disable those liveries.

• Like Like x 5