Fixes On The Class 390 Virgin Pendolino

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slenderman_HKRES, May 22, 2018.

1. Slenderman_HKRES

Slenderman_HKRES Member

The new class 390 has been out for more than a month, however, the problems on the trains such as the numbering in the 11 car version and the missing pantograph well in coach U has yet to be fixed yet. Are we going to see an update in the near future?

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Do either of these affect the way they drive? if not then they're likely much lower priority than things which do...

3. Growler374

Growler374 New Member

I would have thought the train randomly breaking in two might be a significant issue that certainly needs fixing! ;)

See link below (with video, second one in post, demoing the problem):

https://steamcommunity.com/app/24010/discussions/3/3211505894117590000/?ctp=2#c3211505894121722269

It's happened to quite a few players, even if it hasn't yet been a problem for you.

Additionally problems with very poor FPS when more than a couple of the locos in-game has significantly hampered the use of the loco by many scenario creators. A bit like the infamous M8 loco release (which ground players machines to a halt) but not so bad. It looks like the LOD is set too high for many players rigs.

The AI trains driving along with their pantograph down is also hardly ideal. Once these issues are addressed (especially the breaking of the train in two, which seems to be a carry over bug from the legacy Class 390 of six years ago) then I look forward to purchasing this otherwise very nice looking new DLC. Until then forget it.

I certainly think it's reasonable that those that did buy the new add-on (without being aware of said glitches) deserve a fix in the near future. All the best. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. ARuscoe

Those weren't the issues you mentioned. They've acknowledged the breaking in two etc

5. Growler374

Growler374 New Member

I'm not the OP, I didn't mention those relatively minor issues (but still should be corrected). I just chipped in because there are a variety of issues that need addressing, & I personally haven't seen any comment/reassurance they're going to be resolved.

As far as I'm aware DTG haven't yet officially acknowledged the more significant problems that exist, nor indicated what they plan on doing about it. I look forward to clarification in this regard.

6. ARuscoe

OK, those weren't this issue mentioned then...
    And there was a general agreement in some of the other "issues posts" that the new web monitor was addressing concerns back to the dev team, so yes, there hasn't been a specific "We will fix this specific issue" post...

Either way we see post after post after post about fixing such trivial things that it's a wonder the dev team aren't thoroughly demoralised

7. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi Guys,

I advised there was a fix in progress in another thread, though I can't seem to find it. I'm sure you guys will be able to hunt it down :)

A fix is still very much in progress and many of the issues have already been fixed but is currently held up waiting on the art-specific changes (mentioned by the op), which often take considerably longer to do.

I'd like to get these fixes out to you sooner so we're going to work on getting this organised and I'll be back next week to update you on when it's going to go out to you. We'll then bring you the art-specific fixes at a later date once they're ready.

Does that sound OK?

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 1
  8. ARuscoe

9. Growler374

Growler374 New Member

Sounds very positive. I very much look forward to the release of this patch. All the best. :)

10. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi All,

As promised, I wanted to update you on where we are with the update for the Pendolino as discussed above. We're releasing an update this morning (around now) that should take care of many of the functional problems for you (we'll post an article on DTL that highlights what has been fixed, link here).

There will be a further update to follow soon, which will address some of the art-specific problems, as mentioned above (these often take a bit longer to address but we are working on it). Again, I'll pop back and update you when this is going out.

As always, please let us know if you have any further problems following this update.

Best, Steve

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Kyle_Lennard1

Kyle_Lennard1 Active Member

Will we see a Marketplace livery pack that includes the Grey Door version and the flowing silk livery

12. Axe

Axe New Member

Sadly as usual the community has found this DLC 'FIX' is lacking and here is the result if you care to read this from the dreaded Steam Forums:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/24010/discussions/3/3211505894121988276/?ctp=5

We will look forward to your response on this matter...

13. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

Hello Axe.
    I've been keeping an eye on that discussion, the two people complaining the loudest are also people who have admitted not currently owning this DLC. Complaining despite not really knowing if the patch has worked is not helpful.

We are aware that some users are still reporting framerate issues and we are looking into this. However as far as we are aware, the train splitting bug is fixed, among a number of other fixes.
    -Luke

• Like Like x 4
  14. Growler374

Growler374 New Member

Welcome to DTG Luke. I wish you all the best with your new role - though you've certainly got your work cut out.

Making a dig in one of your first posts to the community I'm afraid does not seem to bode well. You won't know anything yet about the (significant) historic problems with TS20xx. So perhaps best not to make any presumptions about any TS community members. Remember there are always two sides to any story. I'm sure you will discover the reality though soon enough.

It's an inescapable fact that DTG have a history of unwelcome significant flaws with DLC on first release, & then an unfortunate track record of rarely fixing them. If they do so, it can take a very long time (sometimes years). Should you have the time, it might be worth your while perusing through the Steam Store reviews of various historic (DTG) DLC items - it might be an eye opener for you. Surely hundreds of independent reviews can't all be wrong, and all these players imagining these various ongoing bugs.

A significant number of bugged DLC dating right back to 2012 have never been fixed, despite repeated promises they would be patched. So it often requires considerable persistence to encourage the company to do the right thing and fix them. Hence a few 'complainers' trying to actively try to make sure things do actually get mended. Again history strongly indicates it's unlikely to happen without such encouragement. Note, following the discovery of problems, DTG frequently struggle to communicate their intentions and/or progress in dealing with such problems. Hopefully this is something you can help improve.

Long-term players that are wise to this problem with product QA (who perhaps might be without tons of cash to splash) are therefore these days understandably exceedingly cautious before making a purchase. Especially with the ongoing significant recent release problems (the recent DTG Woodhed Blue route was another one). Why would anyone chose to buy the product, knowing that there are problems that might not be fixed (or fixed properly)? Especially when the price has gone up since first release i.e. they would pay significantly more to buy it now. These same players have literally (each) purchased hundreds of DLC over the years for the game. i.e. they are long-standing players committed to the game & simply want the products they're paying for to work as intended. So it's perhaps wise not to prejudge before you have a much better idea of what's actually happening. All the best.

P.S. I think you'll find on these threads that said concerned individuals simply would like an indication from others (that can test the repaired 390) to know whether the product has been satisfactorily fixed - so they and others can then chose to purchase once reassured it's finally been satisfactorily mended. But would you still buy a product with a dodgy track record, if you weren't certain it was fixed? That's not what I'd personally call complaining. [The original Class 390 still has significant problems 5+ years on following release. It has the unfortunate tendency to break into two as you're driving].

Don't worry, I'll leave you in peace from this day hence. For good reason I've had enough - and won't participate in your communities from this point on. It's bad for one's health. I would be most surprised if in 6 months time you don't have a very different take on affairs. I very much hope DTG prove me wrong & things improve. Good luck!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  15. TrainSim-Luke

And hello Growler.
    Allow me to assure you that DTG didn't pick a clueless random to be their new Community Manager. I have been a long-time player of Dovetail's games and I am well aware of the track history. I'm also well aware that people are feeling quite annoyed and frustrated at this point, as much of an understatement as you feel that to be. This is something I aim to turn around.

Also please don't assume I don't know who people are within the community, I have been keeping a close eye on the steam boards as well and while there has been a lot of good natured, helpful posts, there has also been a lot of toxicity, bickering a trolling as evidenced by the avalanche of reports that were stacking up waiting for me since Jay left, which I've been wading through for these last 2 days.
    Constructive criticism and bug reports I am quite willing to accept, I have a history in software testing, I know how to push through bug reports. Posts that simply say "don't buy, dovetail sucks" etc or people trying to provoke arguments I simply wont be tolerating from this time forwards.
    I'm aware of all the anger. I'm aware of all the frustrations. It's time for change. I'm here now, I'm listening, and I'm eager to get these problems addressed.

-Luke

• Like Like x 12
  16. Growler374

Growler374 New Member

And I genuinely wish you good luck turning things around. Things very much need to change, & I certainly hope you're able to move things in the right direction. All the best. :)

17. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Hi Luke,

Great to have in the forums also nice to see that you have been someone who has played the dovetail franchise games. Hopefully now people will be more honest in the forums. I have seen some complaints that would be considered toxic about some of the routes When most of us other users were not having issues.

I do not want to take away from those who are experiencing actually problems, but everyone should be open and honest about what they are saying. At least now we have a good bouncer to set things straight, this is not to take anything from Martin or Steve they have a good fill in until they found the right person for the job.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mr395008

Mr395008 Member

The FPS issue hasn't been addressed (for me anyway). Runs roughly 25-29 FPS with 1 Virgin Class 390 but add anymore in and it'll drop.

19. TrainSim-Luke

Hi Mr395008.
    We are aware that poor framerates is still an issue on the Class 390. Investigations are ongoing.

20. Mr395008

Mr395008 Member

Thanks Luke, glad to hear it's being investigated.

21. A Wilkinson

A Wilkinson New Member

Class 390 still splits in half its just happened to me

22. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

There’s a new AP sound pack for the Pendolino that includes ‘FPS improved by disabling scripting on AI services that are over 2.5 miles away’. Interesting that AP seem to have got there quicker (or at least in part) than DTG!

• Like Like x 4
  23. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Isnt it going to need an LNER reskin too? ;)

24. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

No because the the Pendolinos don't run on the ECML

25. Prophet

Prophet New Member

Hello, I bought the VT Pendolino today and I am disappointed to see there is no AI in Quick Drive when using the fast line spawn points provided for the WCML Trent Valley route. Is there any option to fix that (copy the AI from the slow line spawn points etc)?

26. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It says a lot when the appearance of the train is considered to be "trivial things"
    When I buy an add-on from another seller, like virtual Railroads, I don't expect the modelling to be wrong.

There have been a number of items which have come from DTG that are not quite right but no body seems to be bothered.
    And the attitude seems to be "the Dev team have created this - how dare you criticize their work"

I would buy most modern DLC on day of release but now I wait for reviews as there are too many faults with what is bing released.
    Maybe DTG should allow more testing time to iron out the faults instead of just releasing it because that is the day it was agreed on.

Peter

27. ARuscoe

Compared to bigger issues that would be better being worked on. As a comparrison just before West Somerset came out on TSW DTG posted several pictures of the locos on the forums and several people put up responses saying details were wrong. They were changed before release, so it's not that people think it's NOT important, but less so than other things (such as trains splitting in two, brakes not applying even though the reading says 30%, that sort of thing)

28. Mr395008

Mr395008 Member

Hey Luke, is there any news on this? Another month is just about to pass where I've not been able to use the DLC.

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  29. Steinaretto

Steinaretto New Member

Hi DTG,
    I'm also curious what the current status is, as Luke mentioned it, "investigations are ongoing" and an art update should also still be on the way.
    Thanks

30. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Member

Hi,

Has there been any update on this please?

Thanks

31. hightower

hightower Guest

I think there are many customers who would like an answer to this. It’s been what, 7 months since release, and it still murders the frame rate of any scenario with more than 1 of these 390 consists in it. Luke’s last input on this was back in June.

I fear the graphical fix has gone the way of so many of DTG’s own products...quietly consigned to the back of a very long queue in favour of new DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Alex01

Alex01 Active Member

Virgin Trains BR Class 390 ‘Pendolino’
    • Added missing cab switch sounds
    • Added missing passenger view sounds
    • Various improvements to framerate
    • Increased effectiveness of headlights
    • Fixed AI headlights, tailights and pantographs
    • Fixed missing cab tilt on DMRF variants and DMSO_nd variant
    • Fixed pantograph buttons so they are now push buttons opposed to drag buttons
    • Couplings fixed
    • Fixed DSD alarm randomly going off on passing AI trains

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. hightower

hightower Guest

That’s all well and good, but if you look back through even this thread, sometime in June (after the fixes listed above had been released) we were told that the art department were investigating, and then intended to fix, the still poor framerates. On that front, it has all gone very, very quiet.

What the above does go to prove is what a sorry state this particular DLC was released in.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2018
  34. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I notice we don't have a proper Coach U yet - or it that something they cannot be bothered with?

35. hightower

hightower Guest

Still nothing.....

36. Alex01

Alex01 Active Member

DTG dont work on saturday and sunday

37. hightower

hightower Guest

Yeah, that’ll be it. That’ll be why they’ve not updated their customers for 5 months about this.

• Like Like x 3