Road Map Train Sim World 3 - Roadmap 3rd November 2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Nov 3, 2022.

Tags:
  1. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

So, nothing tangible, but we're always looking at improvements.

If you see in the 323 tease as an example, there is an improvement to distanced shadowing on foliage, which is something we hope to bring to future routes, too.

• Like Like x 1
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

NJCL to Rahway that's the last stop Shared with NEC and the ALP-45DP has two choices leave at Newark Penn from NEC the Raritan Valley Line. Option 2 stay to Rahway NJCL. If The Raritan Valley Line ALP-45DP services gets added at Newark Airport Hunter Interlocking built in 1997 RVL has a Priority over NEC Trains both ways.

3. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

If it has to be on the East Coast, I'd prefer NJT Morristown and the ALP 46 with Cab Car, Comet IV or V and/or the Arrow III(AC).

I would much have preferred a Midwestern route with, some portion of the " Empire Builder " route and a P42 DC and Superliners.

But I've pretty much given up on anything other than the NEC, at this point.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
  4. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Nice to see that TSG’s working on a German route. Dipped their toes in the water with the G6, and eventually they’ll have the BR 420. Interesting that this route is on the roadmap before the 232 though. I’m sure that locomotive is taking a good amount of effort, so I won’t complain!

Also, new US route! Must consume that. I would’ve loved an Amtrak route to feature the Genesis for once, but I guess the NEC is still awesome. New York-New Haven would be wonderful for the CSX stuff included in the original route, but the route to Trenton would also be great for NJ Transit.

I mean, as long as the add-ons manager gets released, I’ll be happy. Being able to drive all of the trains that I rightfully own in TSW 3 would be the greatest thing DTG can release.

• Like Like x 2
  5. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

The fact that the TSG route is set in R6, and assuming it is the Niddertalbahn, there is a fair chance we are getting a BR218 with this (plus the usual Dostos). only after 2010 the services were moved to DMUs. But the pure chance to get a BR218 is quite exciting :D I am usually all in for the latest and newest stuff, however, for this loco I would make an exception…

• Like Like x 4
  6. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

Ah okay i understand :)

7. andyscotland

andyscotland Well-Known Member

On this video at least the sounds seem like they might be ok, I'd heard people's concerns about this so will wait to hear people's thoughts on day 1

8. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

About time lol, but still waiting for Japanese route as well. ;)

9. cspencer553.cs

cspencer553.cs Member

Good roadmap stream enjoyed that but,,,,,,no mention about the price of BCC. That for me means its a increase then.guess we find out next week

• Like Like x 1
  10. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Is Union workshop also the one that make Japanese route and train as well. ;)

11. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

yup

12. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

For me i don't care, its always welcoming and finally more US Route Passenger Content. Although you are your NJ Transit route is long overdue in term of us the community waiting for this to happen already. I would be so surprised if it did happen. Either way i am happy.

13. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Tsg has already said a while back that the 218 will come after the 232 releases. And the 232 after the 420

14. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Am I right that there are 3 German routes now in the making for TSW3? Niddertalbahn, then another third party route and now one by TSG?!

• Like Like x 1
  15. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

No, just two. One by DTG, that we know nothing about, and one by TSG, which is probably Niddertalbahn.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Conductor B

Conductor B Well-Known Member

If that were the case, the route code would be "NBD" and not "NBB". Boston Sprinter has both AC and diesel-electric.

If they do part of the NEC south of NYP then the rationale for a Genesis locomotive pack is stronger than ever. We're no longer talking about 2-4 trains per day on some rural freight line, but dozens traveling between WAS and NYP. (Of course, it could be layered on to said rural freight lines.)

17. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Um? I'm pretty sure no Amtrak trains run with P42's between Washington DC and New York Penn. AFAIK, all trains still run with ACS-64s until they need an equipment swap, whether that be in Philadelphia or Washington DC based on the route.....

ALSO, none of that equipment is really useful for the routes we already have in game.

Sand Patch Grade, Peninsula Corridor, Cane Creek, and Cajon Pass all need Superliner equipment, which doesn't run on the NEC due to clearance issues.

Which only leaves Horseshoe Curve and Boston Sprinter for the Pennsylvanian and Lake Shore Limited respectively. And there really isn't much for the LSL on Boston Sprinter.....

Also, how come a retro route on the NEC is never on the cards? Pretty sure some people would love to operate older electrics such as the GG1's, E60's, Metroliners, or the beloved AEM-7's....
    3680224778_3901805235_b.jpg
    Amtrak_957_leading_a_northbound_train_through_Bowie,_December_1980.jpg
    8b83b6085ef7b26516ff0319348c069d.jpg
    img20211027_21464957rkg.jpg

Of course, with how DTG treated the Santa Fe F7, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled some fantasy excursion thing again.......

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  18. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Glad to hear we might see the Shinkansen in TSW

19. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Another roadmap where the difficult questions are ignored, then!

Was anything said about the dire state of Spirit Of Steam or was that shuffled off to one side, too?

• Like Like x 2
  20. seymourgoals

seymourgoals Member

Was anything mentioned on the stream about the fixes to TSW2, especially the trophies which do not unlock on PS4/ps5 which have been mentioned many times before but never fixed?

21. DTG JD

Yes, covered in the Q&A at the end. Also mention Trophies/Achievements in the Special Projects section:

22. DTG JD

SoS was discussed, yes.

23. DTG JD

The Roadmap stream, timestamped and chaptered for your navigational pleasure, is here:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

We might see Chinese content but doesn't mean we'll see that lol.

25. kobo

kobo Active Member

If it turns out the next route is NJT, then not only will i be so excited for it, given it's the railroad i work for, but if it ends up being the RVL, then I will be restraining myself from being very nitpicky. I was never approached in any official compacity to assist, though i kind of wish i was. because if the RVL is the next route being made, then I strongly wish, though doubtful, that the route recreate a special excursion train that we did last summer. Doubtful though.

• Like Like x 1
  26. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

In a sort of way I'm not looking forward to Chinese content but that's more for political reasons. But I would buy it I guess as they spend [removed - JD- language] loads of money on their infrastructure. Might give interesting routes.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2022
  27. trainnick77

trainnick77 Member

Union workshop, good news but I am hoping for Japanese content rather than Chinese.

On the American route personally, I am hoping for north jersey coast line as it is one of my favourites in TSC, however as the code says it is overhead electric only, it would not go beyond long branch which would be a little disappointing.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Conductor B

Oh crap, you're right. I forgot they swapped at PHL or WAS. (Actually, I think ever since they got rid of the road railers they've gone back to swapping diesel for AC electrics at WAS.) Maybe at least make us some Viewliner rolling stock so we can run long distance trains on the NEC, even if it's with an ACS64 or an AEM-7 (do they still run those?).

Also a good point. Doesn't single-level equipment at least run on the Cardinal over SPG territory now? Or did they go back to Superliners? Regardless, yeah, one layer on one route isn't enough...

This would be great if there was rolling stock to match. Perhaps a "Streamline Legends of the PRR" loco/rolling stock pack similar to what they did for GWE. I'd even take a 70s era Amtrak option too. No, I wouldn't complain if the route and stations and infrastructure didn't match what we had in the 70s, I'd be fine with just the trains. The signals and overhead wire still look mostly the same. (Maybe a nice environment mod, similar to the wonderful ones done with GWE to make it look properly "retro" would come out too...just sayin'!)

29. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

It’ll likely go unnoticed amongst all the TSW3 content and hype but I just wanted to say thank you for finally acknowledging that Horseshoe Curve has trophy issues, and keep up the good work fixing them on TSW2!

There’s hope for me getting all 411 yet!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  30. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Yes, I do find that they answer the questions that show them in good light and ignore the others. They did talk about Spirit of Steam but when I asked about the missing collectable at Crewe Yard North (i.e. is it fixed in TSW2 and it is still absent in TSW3), it was totally ignored. Even a “not yet but we’re working on it” reply would have been nice.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Notice the FGW interior on the HST... Assuming it stays that way we can finally have a FGW HST in TSW without using hacks (hopefully the 166 uses the FGW interior for the same reason when it's added to the livery designer).

• Like Like x 1
  32. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

The Cardinal doesn't run anywhere near SPG. Are you confusing it with the Capitol Limited?
    cardinal.png

33. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

Please give me a gg1 to play with

34. Conductor B

Crap, yep, I mixed them up. So no P42s on the NEC then. We could conceivably have Viewliner rolling stock to run with ACSs or AEMs, though I'd prefer heritage streamlined equipment in whatever livery floats your boat.

35. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

For my taste, these announcements of new partners come too early. It will take ages until something will come and with the too early announcement you only raise hopes that will not be fulfilled for a long time and you already forget that there was something.

• Like Like x 1
  36. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

... but if we don't say anything, cue the "omg why arent dtg working with 3rd parties, they never tell us anything, why the secrecy" etc etc type posts.

Can't win. There you go :)

• Like Like x 16
  37. nepclassof84

I’d rather have the anticipation of knowing the partnership exists. I don’t mind the wait.

• Like Like x 5
  38. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

39. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Same

• Like Like x 1
  40. kobo

kobo Active Member

I am very much looking forward to the strong chance of another American passenger route. I am not a fan of freight, so anything passenger related regardless of country is exciting to me. though i'm very behind on other routes.

• Like Like x 2
  41. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

Not from my side.
    If you announce something and then nothing happens for ages, that is "worse" for me than if you announce nothing at all.
    I'm more of the opinion that you say things only when there is really something solid.
    See, for example, Just Train's announcement. That was a good year ago and nothing was heard after that. Since the whole thing is almost forgotten. At least for me, that's not useful info and feels more like saying something because you don't have anything else.
    I'm happy about every new one who joins, especially now Union. Only you know now already that you will hear now very long time nothing more and in between the question arises whether there is still what comes or not.

• Like Like x 3
  42. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Yep. The establishment of the partnership is still info. Same as, for example, announcing a new license when it's acquired.

• Like Like x 1
  43. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The NEC is considered to start at Washington Union Station, which is where electrification begins. All Amtrak through traffic from there to Boston is OHLE; everything on the ECML from there south to Florida is diesel.

44. kobo

kobo Active Member

Unrelated to the roadmap, so this comment might be deleted for that reason, but do you know when Amtrak's long haul trains, that run on diesel refuel? I can't imagine they can get to their final destination on just one full tank of fuel.

45. kobo

kobo Active Member

Also I have a prediction on the new US route. I predict based on past announcements of new routes, that since this month is our first notification that they are working on a new US route, I anticipate we won't be able to play the route ourselves until April. I'm basing this on the recent memory of TSW3 reveal. We were notified of a new US route in May i think, nothing in June or July, then the reveal in August, i think, and then release in september. true its a shorter timeframe than what i gave, but this is how I'm predicting how this route will go. We won't hear any news on the route, or what it is until February, given we have the holidays coming soon. I can't imagine they would try to push a reveal out before christmas, instead waiting until after the new year to do so.

So we find out what the route is in February, my prediction is a NJT route, morris and essex, Montclair, or NJCL are my predictions. Somehow, I doubt they're doing the RVL, given the code used in the roadmap, which is a bummer given that's the route I work on, and really want to see that route realized in TSW. So February and March will be spend on advertising the route in bits and pieces, taking two months on bug fixes, unless somehow the route passes all internal tests that they are doing, and we get either a late March release, or mid April release. I am predicting April because I just have this feeling aiming for a March release is too soon, and not enough development time. I could be wrong, and the route is far enough along that a March release is doable, but what do I know.

So that's my prediction, we get a reveal in February, and a release in March or April. Here's hoping I'm wrong and we get the route sooner than that, but we shall see.

46. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

They get more fuel at certain station stops along the way.

47. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

The Southwest Chief has longer station stops for refueling and servicing in Kansas City and Albuquerque. Used to be just the latter when I started riding it in the '80s, but then KC was added at some point.

48. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

schorni I understand and share the frustration tbh and the timing of when something is talked about is debated constantly but when it comes to bew third parties I'm in favour of announce once they are on boarded, have access and started learning (ie not simply in discussions) seems like a good point otherwise it'd be a year or more before it's spoken about and this myth that we want to keep the toys to ourselves would just continue to grow.

There will be some wait for results but likely the teams output else wher3 may drop, so knowing its because they are ramping up on tsw also seems like it just generally keeps you informed.

If all you really want are results then you can just ignore or forget until routes are announced :)

In just about ecery other case I'm a big advocate of don't say anything until it's about ready to go, he says, raising shields :)

Matt

• Like Like x 3
  49. nepclassof84

They have crew changes and restocking points on the routes. I’m not sure exactly their locations. If you take the zephyr for example and look at the arrival and departure times in the timetable you’ll see stations with large gaps. That’s where they refuel and restock the train. I think the zephyr does this in Denver. Passengers can take a walkabout while they do this but they don’t wait. They’ll leave on time without you.

50. nepclassof84

Go to yellow alert Matt. Y’all are doing exciting things. I’m in this game for the long haul. Pun intended. So y’all keep doing great things. Y’all share why y’all want to share when y’all want to share it. I doubt I will ever be at a point where I’ve completed everything in the game and desperately am waiting for a new route to exist.

I’ll gladly consume the data I’m given.

I hope one of those secrets is nyc to dc with Amtrak njt septa and Marc in whatever number of dlcs it takes

• Like Like x 1