PC Rivet Uk Route Speculation

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by MAX1319, Nov 3, 2022.

1. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

Now that we know that BCC is not from rivet games ,we can speculate which one is rivet games going to make. I believe that from what we have been hearing about time,cost, and what they have build in the past and we can assume it will be a small route with maybe ten to fifteen stations? Thoughts? Which loco do you thing? I’m would love to see the 385 .Anyways this is all in fun and new content is always good to have .

2. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

My guess is that this will be the route from Scotland. If so, most likely Glasgow - Edinburgh. Moreover, part of the assets for the route already exists. And Rivet took an active part in the creation of the commuter line.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

I think it's ether Glasgow Queen Street to Edinburgh Waverly via Falkirk High or Glasgow Queen Street to Alloa via Stirling.

4. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

I hoping for the fife circle

• Like Like x 2
  5. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

It seems like the general consensus is it will be in Scotland but do we know that for sure?

6. TSW Nathan

Well, there have been numerous hints about a Scottish routes involving a Class 385 and being near where they are based. Rivet games specificly said that the post of Partick station had nothing to do with the new route so I think we can rull out North Clyde/Argyll Line. They have said before on their forums that they have had numerous requests for the Edinburgh to Glasgow lines especially via Falkirk. It's also relatively close to where they are based and will feature a class 385 with AC Electric power. So my thoughts are that it's either Glasgow Queen Street to Edinburgh Waverly via Falkirk High or Glasgow Queen Street to Alloa via Stirling

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

Personally hope not, doing it current day when it's another EMU route is a massive opportunity lost. This route was held together by type 2 and type 4 diesels 70s to 80s properly stretched to their maximum capabilities.

• Like Like x 6
  8. TSW Nathan

Whatever it is Jasper says it won't get anounced this year. Sorry folks. I too am a bit disappointed about this news

9. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

I hope it's not a highly in-demand route like Fife Circle or Edinburgh-Glasgow because Rivet's routes are dogfood and I'd hate for such an important route to be stuck with Rivet doing it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

With DTG knowing how to extend a route, what if (and I’m 110% I’m wrong )rivet are extending Cathcart..

• Like Like x 1
  11. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

My guess is Rivet will release for TSW3 Suburban Glasgow Northwest: Springburn - Helensburgh Route

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

As for the route, I'm happy with anything Scottish, but the Glasgow to Edinburgh would be nice, or to Alloa.
    Fingers crossed for the West Highland Line (south) one day though!

Just remember that not everyone enjoys the older routes though, personally, I personally find them boring, maybe its because I'm not old enough to re Steam and *modern* (if you can call pacers/sprinters etc modern) are better.

I disagree, my favourite routes are Rivet ones (IoW & IoW 2022/ Arosalinie / WCL).

• Like Like x 1
  13. andyscotland

andyscotland Well-Known Member

It would be lovely to have a properly modelled route like the route up to Fort William as it would look stunning, probably not much gong on though so I'd plum for either my local route (Glasgow to Inverclyde) or Glasgow to Edinburgh passenger and freight running diesel units. Steam does nothing for me (other than being interested in the engineering side) and some modern electrics are ok but I like my diesels

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

West Highland would be good any era although up to 1989 preferred!!

As far as Glasgow to Edinburgh is concerned I get your point of view. Mine is that there are plenty of other EMU routes which is starting to be the case. Why not try and do something unusual which fits the size the devs work to and would mainly require new liveries only from stock that's already been built. Set it in the modern time and its another EMU route with probably one item of rolling stock which to be honest has 0 to 100 very quick and stops very sharply also. Try a winters day slipping up Cowlairs tunnel with a 47/7 and trying to keep time while the signalman at Polmont puts a smoky DMU over first. It's not just about being nostalgic it's also wanting a genuine challenge. I would like to see Cathcart expanded maybe to Ayr or similar which could give a bit more for the EMU fans.

• Like Like x 10
  15. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

I hope it's not the North Clyde or Argyll lines, they would be too similar to Cathcart in my view. At least with Edinburgh to Glasgow via Falkirk we get some high-speed runs with variations in stopping patterns. Although the Inverclyde line appeals to me for some reason, which is almost a hybrid between both with some great scenery too!

• Like Like x 3
  16. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I'm quite surprised they're waiting so long to announce it when they've apparently already teased a lot about it. Then again the wait for WCL seemed to last an eternity. I just hope this new route won't be as crushingly disappointing as that was.

• Like Like x 1
  17. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

If you have lived in West Cornwall you will be gutted by Rivet’s recreation. Looks more like West Sussex than Cornwall.

• Like Like x 3
  18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There have not been any hints that the route is in Scotland. There has been an assumption made that it is in Scotland because of two things, a station image which has been confirmed by Rivet not to be for TSW and Jasper saying his favourite Scottish train, the 385, in reply to someone posting their favourite Scottish trains on Rivet’s forum, and that has been stated here that the route includes a 385. Quite the jump to make. All of Rivet’s UK routes so far have been as far away from Scotland as it is possible to get so Rivet being based in Scotland has no bearing on what routes they will make. Someone suggested they make their local route and now that has turned into them making their local route. Quite the jump to make. This is why I have been confused as to why all the speculation has been confined to Scottish routes. Don’t be too surprised if Rivet’s route isn’t in Scotland because they haven’t even once suggested it will be and all the supposed hints are wishful thinking by one member of this forum and their misinterpreting of replies to their suggestions for Scottish routes on Rivet’s forum.

• Like Like x 7
  19. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

My head says it’ll be a Welsh narrow gauge with a diesel, my heart says Riviera with a pacer

20. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Im thinking out of the box here, but how if Rivet wanted to reuse the Flirt and give us the Stanstead Express?

• Like Like x 2
  21. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

Then you wouldn't buy it as its another south-eastern electric modern EMU route! ;)

22. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

If they gave us the bi-mode Id certainly be buying it, and Ive never said I will never buy another EMU route, just dont want every route being just EMU's and class 66's

23. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I have faith in Rivet to deliver us something new to TSW, so far all their DLC’s have been pretty different to the last, I doubt we’ll see something similar to what they’ve already done.

I’m also not expecting anything that would use a large consist MU/loco, so no 390’s or 68’s.

I think that a Scotrail route is likely, but as covered above, there isn’t as much evidence of one coming as people are suggesting.

Who knows, maybe we’ll see a route with a 350 that will be layered onto BCC.

• Like Like x 2
  24. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

I wouldn't surprise me if Rivet choose to make a route local to them at some point, plus Scotland has numerous electric routes that are well-sized for a project developed by Rivet. I highly doubt they would tackle making a section of a complex electrified main line, such as the WCML/ECML, and other routes with OHLE are fairly limited or operate under the Northern TOC (licensing hurdles there).

• Like Like x 1
  25. TSW Nathan

By West Highland Line south do you mean to crienlarich? If so that would be amazing. I know some might argue otherwise but I'd love it with the sprinters with the modern trains

26. TSW Nathan

I agree. I'd love E-G via Falkirk. I've been on it before and it's just fantastic. If they make a Class 380 though. I swear to god, if they mess that up I will be soo angry! It's my favourite and local train so I'm hoping for good quality. (Unlikely with rivet though) (unless they focus on the train). I don't mind what they do with a class 385 as long as it looks and sounds the same and has smart pis

• Like Like x 1
  27. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I would go further and say most of the route looks like the northern arboreal forest.

Regardless of what the route is likely to be, I wouldn't get too excited. After all their last effort was simply a retread of IOW.

• Like Like x 2
  28. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

OV, Rivet should give up route development and concentrate on getting better with their locomotives and leave the route production to the professionals.

I am not excited with knowing what they produce and will only purchase if reports are good and Steam offer it at more than 50% discount.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
  29. MAX1319

Rivet route will probably be less than 20 miles and ten stations. Not excited about just curious to see if they continue with their trend

30. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Their replication of Stations are excellent, just a shame that their route recreation is so amateurish and abysmal.

• Like Like x 1
  31. andyscotland

Is cathcart a rivet route then? It does look quite good but is short and pretty featureless

32. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

No Carthcart is by DTG but Rivet helped out with it as a second party I believe mate.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Odd1ne

Odd1ne Active Member

The stourbridge town line it is then :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  34. andyscotland

Hahahhahahaahaha

35. chieflongshin

Personally I'm looking forward to more lineside trees in their next offering

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. andyscotland

I know right, I downloaded the London commuter lne last night and I could see buildings behind the trees and I'm like 'what the FUNK mate'

37. chieflongshin

I literally want the equivalent of the Amazon either side, stretched out beyond the horizon. We shall then call that the wherry line. Wherry-heck is the rest of the scenery

38. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

You know, I rather liked the Glasgow Airport Shuttle that was done for TSC. However, that was, I believe, done by a different 3rd party, Thompson Interactive, so it's unlikely that Rivet or any other developer could pick it up for TSW3.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  39. TSW Nathan

If they did that then they better get the Class 380 right. It's an iconic train with an iconic sound and it's my favourite and local train. I will be very, very, very disappointed if they mess that up.

40. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Set in the 1950's it would be an interesting short branch with all the sidings in Stourbridge basin and the very steep incline up to the town station from the basin.

I wouldn't pay to drive the PPM class 139 it is bad enough having to pay to travel on it in real life!

• Like Like x 1
  41. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I wouldn't expect a long route like Edinburgh-Glasgow. Rivet's lines are all short (in the case of Luzerne, VERY short)

42. OldVern

Probably Paisley to Gourock or if we're lucky (!) Wemyss Bay.

• Like Like x 1
  43. TSW Nathan

That would be amazing. But seriously, not even from Glasgow? I think your being a little harsh on them

44. MAX1319

What is the longest route rivet has made? My expectations on their next UK route is very low

45. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

They have made longer routes in tsc I believe. In tsw, it's wcl which was 44 miles with the branch line. Their route length will depend on the region, how complex it is, how much they can build in the timeframe they put, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  46. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

I think Rivet is working on either Suburban Glasgow or Edinburgh/Glasgow to Dunblane/Alloa with the E-G main line via Falkirk High also included, so basically a network of lines in the Central Belt of Scotland

• Like Like x 1
  47. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

Hahaha. And the stumps

Not to mention their multiple units that accelerate and stops like a drag car.

48. Ilba8765

Ilba8765 Well-Known Member

WCML South: London Euston - Birmingham Route

part of the line already exists in Train Sim World 3 (Bakerloo Line)

class 350 standard

class 390/1 separate DLC

it wouldn't be all that crazy after all; or are they making Rivet Games a different route?
    betting on what comes out of Train Simulator classic:)

erter.jpg

sdfs.jpg ezrz.jpg ertre.jpg
    etrer.jpg

49. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

DTG don’t even have the time to do WCML, you have no chance of this from Rivet.

• Like Like x 1
  50. OldVern

It is more than likely another small section of the Glasgow suburban network.

• Like Like x 3