Xbox What’s So Special About Niddertalbahn?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by junior hornet, Nov 4, 2022.

1. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

According to rumours and leaks, the Niddertahlbahn is the forthcoming German route.

Reading the Wikipedia article, there seems to be nothing remarkable about this line. It is a random branch line that is only 19 miles long, going against the supposed change of direction towards longer routes and doesn’t connect anywhere of importance or interest (with apologies to any readers who live along this line), unless maybe it’s extended to Frankfurt. Also, it’s a single line so there will be little or no scope for AI traffic.

So what’s the reasoning behind releasing this route?

2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

DTG are not making it, it’s a third party route.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It's been speculated that tsg is making the route. Now if that's true, it is basically a 1 man team. He is pulled into doing work for dtg and making his own content and then his personal life. So long routes aren't viable. Even creating routes isn't a viable option for one person. Now we don't know if he got help or from who or whatever but one man doing everything is a lot of work.

• Like Like x 1
  4. junior hornet

OK, maybe it’s local to him. I don’t know. Of course, I’ll reserve judgment on whether it’s worth considering until it’s ready for a preview stream.

5. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

There is a lot of charm in shorter and more rural lines like this. Not everything is to everyone's taste of course, this adds something not yet seen in tsw and that's always a good thing in my book.

I'm sure hyped for it, it will make a nice change from mainline electric and high speed.

Matt

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. xxMVG_Fan8xx

xxMVG_Fan8xx New Member

With probably even the BR 628 (I think so), some german people might get a little nostalgic because that train is kinda old and kinda legendary though

7. junior hornet

Is that an “official” announcement? :D

8. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Not at all, i'm not allowed to make official anythings. Most of what i post is the satire of a tired mind and should be ignored :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

It's about the only route I've ever driven from end to end in Trainz (apart from testing my own creations, obviously).

10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

With OHLE or non-OHLE version? If Nidderatalbahn was in the 1990s DTG can do Frankfurt am Main Hbf to Stockenheim with Niddertalbahn RB34s running fast from Frankfurt (M) Hbf to Bad Villbel where RB34 runs all stations from there to Stockenheim.

11. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Sometimes, it's just nice to have a shorter, less busy line. If every route in the game is yet another busy mainline, they'll all blend in with each other. A change of pace can be a very good thing to have. Have you tried out the Isle of Wight? It's a short 8 miles that'll take you less than 30 minutes to drive, with minimal train traffic. Yet I consider it one of my favorite routes in the game! Short single-track lines can be genuinely fun routes to drive, and I hope the game sees more stuff like this.

• Like Like x 2
  12. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

I hope your not from the UK cause that's pretty late/early to be posting on here