PC New German Route Discussion And Rumour Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jolojonasgames, Nov 6, 2022.

1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hi all, for a little over a month a route code (3.DBB-R6 03) for the next DTG German route has been known. I've seen very little speculation so far, but as the UK route is now revealed to be Birmingham Cross City, the German one is next in line to be revealed.

I'll include an analysis of the route code, to help the discussion get started. Information is based on the 'Cracking the Code thread' by DTG Protagonist (Sam).

'3.' denotes a TSW3 release
    'D' denotes a German release
    'BB' denotes a release with one or more AC electric locomotives/units (pretty standard as nearly all electrified German routes use 15 Kv AC)
    'R' denotes this being a route release
    '6' denotes it being set in 1991-2010
    '03' denotes this as being the 3rd release with this code

Now, compared to most German releases only one thing really stands out: the route is set between 1991 and 2010. This opens the option of it being a vintage route like the Saalebahn and Main-Weser-Bahn I have previously suggested. Provided the route is actually set in the 1st half of the timeframe we currently know of there is a high chance of DTG barely being able to reuse rolling stock, as many of the trains in game are from the early to late 2000's and 2010's. I feel like this could at least mean one new loco and/or coach or wagon type. It at the very least would mean a route set in an era in which DB still used some older rolling stock, with n-wagen and the BR 111, as well as most of the 'einheitsloks' from the 1950's still being in full use. Perhaps we'll finally see some of those often requested older locomotives.

Personally I'd really love it to be an early 90's route, with a great variety of liveries and rolling stock from the recently merged East and West German state railways.

As far as I know the route code is the only known hint, but more are surely to come, so let the search for hints and speculation about possibilities begin!

• Like Like x 8
  2. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

It was already leaked in the game files, it is Bremen-Oldenburg.
    Nothing yet on the rolling stock.

• Like Like x 3
  3. marceldiehr02

marceldiehr02 Active Member

its Strasbourg - Karlsruhe.

4. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

Where did you get that from?

5. jolojonasgames

Also curious to see that. It does seem like a rather short route with not too much going on

• Like Like x 1
  6. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

I really wish it was. Or even better something between Karlsruhe and Mannheim or even Strasbourg - Mannheim.
    Oh well, while the timeframe 1991-2010 sounds cool I highly doubt we'll see anything new to be honest. I could imagine all too well it'll be a new route with Dostos and Traxx or something along the lines of that. I'd love to have a new loco, something old like the Einheitsloks or anything really. I just have my healthy doubts about that. BUT I'd love to get surprised otherwise. I'd be happy enough if we get a new loco anyways, so my standards are not exactly that high either :P

• Like Like x 4
  7. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

Hoping for something from Frankfurt. But it seems probably to likely

8. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

no for me no

9. Ferrovipathe67

where ? because we have no information about it?

10. captaingunadeep

captaingunadeep Active Member

There were Decal files details leaked for Bremen-Oldenburg route in files with the last update along with BCC mastery. So yeah its Bremen-Oldenburg

• Like Like x 3
  11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Tell us more about this part of track IRL. Interesting.

12. lux#4689

So, as captaingunadeep said, it was leaked in the Mastery files ca 2 weeks ago.
    With the same update, BCC and the Class 323 were leaked, and as there was way less information on Bremen-Oldenburg, it went under the posts about BCC and the Class 323.
    Bremen-Oldenburg will also take some more time, as according to the last roadmap, the US-route, where we have no more information yet than the code, should release first.

• Like Like x 2
  13. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

Seems short like a short route.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Twice hourly service each way, 30mins fast service, 38 minutes stopper. 9 intermediate stations.

Look likes some extra suburban services closer to Bremen, but nothing major.

Is this a heavy freight line? Otherwise its seems a strange choice if Im honest.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  15. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

If the route code is 1991-2010 then perhaps this is our first 'vintage' German route - that could be the USP. Does anyone have any more information on what Bremen - Oldenburg would have been like in the 1990s?

And perhaps if someone could also give us some idea of what rolling stock would be used in that time period to whet our appetites.

16. jolojonasgames

Do you maybe have a screenshot of that? I'm not good at digging for this myself and the only screenshot I can find from other people about recent achievement leaks is the following:

[​IMG]

Really would love to see the decal files for Bremen Oldenburg if possible :)

Bremen-Oldenburg does seem like a weird choice, or at least boring, being quite short and not that busy either. It seems a bit like a shorter Hamburg-Lübeck with less to do. It just doesn't get me excited yet. Maybe the '90s aspect could be a selling point, but I'm really curious to see what DTG think sells this route.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Ferrovipathe67

yes the route,the choice is really not terrible

18. redrev1917

Assuming we get a retro train, it'll be in my collection, although agree with your points about it being quiet.

• Like Like x 1
  19. redrev1917

Oldenburg station looks really interesting and historic. I expect that will be modelled well and look amazing in TSW

20. Huntlosen

Huntlosen Active Member

Don't forget the extra miles to Nordenham from Delmenhorst. I'am pretty sure that DTG will not release a route that is that short

• Like Like x 1
  21. SHELBY230586

SHELBY230586 Well-Known Member

If it's really supposed to be Oldenburg - Bremen, I'm very excited, so in 1994 the Knallfrosch (E41) was still on the road here.
    [​IMG]
    And even in 2001, the Knallfrosch (E41) with n-Wagen (Rotlinge) is still on the route.
    Watch here at Oldenburg main station
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Left E41 (Knallfrosch) in the middle BR 218 and right VT 24

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  22. 5cip

5cip Active Member

bremen - münster would be cool so i can compare better with tsc
    if its only to oldenburg its too short

• Like Like x 1
  23. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

Really hope what ever route it is its set in the 90s, if it's not I'll be quite dissapointed.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

If the route was leaked in some way, is it sure that it's a DTG-release? Due to the route being not that long it might be another third-party leak?

25. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The problem with Strasbourg Mannheim is that you need to change voltages at the Kehl Rheinbrucke. I've made the 2021 version of the international segment of the Mannheim Strasbourg Railway which is the Appenweier Strasbourg Line. In these days Mid 2000s to 2010 TGV POS DB BR406 BB37000 X73900 is the main rolling stock including DB BR185.1.

26. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Maybe Duisburg Emmerich am Rhein because sending the route to Utrecht and Arnhem via Zevenaar results in 3 DNLBKC R6 xx B AC K Multi Voltage C DC 1.5kv. For voltage change ask the dispatcher at Emmerich am Rhein to change from 15kv ac to 1.5kv DC. Same thing also happens at Bad Bentheim for Osnabrück to Hengelo Netherlands.
    Another Possible route is Magdeburg Braunschweig via Helmstedt Marienborn Inner German Border station.

27. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

If true it's a rather short route following in the footsteps of Dresden to Chemnitz or Kassel to Wurzburg. Could be redeemed by good vintage locos and rolling stock but another case where it will be hard pressed to justify spending the alleged new DLC price of £30 on it.

What we needed was something like Bremen to Hamburg or Bremen to Bad Bentheim on the Dutch border with some classic UIC stock to go with it.

• Like Like x 4
  28. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

Hagen to Wurburg the one I would like to see set in the 90s. Diesel only and lots of scenery gradients and interesting junctions en route. Would need a 218 though for older times.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

While the 90's would be nice for variety, we really don't have any actual evidence that's the case. We already have two German Era 6 routes, and they're set in the late-2000's, I believe Sand Patch & Oakville are also both Era 6 routes set in that same timespan as well. DTG have said in the past that they believe Germans gravitate toward modern equipment more than either the US or UK. That as well as the amount of overlap the late 2000's have with what we currently have would make me think the late-2000s is far more likely

On a semi-related sidenote I dislike immensely how eras are grouped, all besides Era 7 seem way too broad. Era 5 for example covers a 40 year gap in time, one which immense change way going on in the railroad landscape. In the US landscape the 1950's may as well be a continuation of era 4, as steam died out rather quickly. I get it a bit more in the context of Britain, since BR took over, and steam lasted another decade on its rails. But even then it would make more sense to have two eras in that time frame. One from 1951 to 1970 covering the transition to diesel under BR, and 1971 to 1990 covering the diesel/electric era under BR.

• Like Like x 2
  30. OldVern

Is that the Obereruhrtalbahn? One of my favourite routes in Zusi 2.

31. Jpantera

That's it, cracking line if set in an interesting era older signalling and branches off in places. Don't think it's ever been done in TSC but I might be wrong.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. Jpantera

I doubt you will see much from 1951 to 2015 to be honest. The trend now is modern modern and some more modern with forum members often shouting ECML and WCML constantly. The fact that licensing, workload and other variables means that for DTG these routes are a long way off if ever being produced at all.....

What the community seems to want and what DTG produces doesn't seem in fine alignment and fans of older stuff such as myself sit frustrated when a decent base of BR era stock exists already but has been left alone.

• Like Like x 3
  33. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...the code crackers in this forum really surprise you again and again! Because the trend in German routes is finally moving towards the 90s and 2000s, we will hopefully see less DB red here and a few classic trains that are still missing. We already knew beforehand is that the route will be built under the direction of Lukas, he is senior producer at DTG and responsible for German content. He was already been involved in DRA and DCZ and most recently in KWB. He once said on Discord that in his current project are no tunnels at all. Bremen-Oldenburg is relatively flat and tunnel-free. So it could be true. Even ICE trains go to Oldenburg, i.e. there will certainly be a reunion with the ICE1.
    It wouldn't be me if I hadn't put together a small overview. ;)

Bremen-Oldenburg.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  34. captaingunadeep

Here is the screenshot of the decal files of Bremen - Oldenburg

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  35. jolojonasgames

Thanks! Does look pretty definetive I think. Curious to see how this one turns out.

• Like Like x 1
  36. lux#4689

I expect the route to be set around 2008-2009. The trend is clearly quite modern for german routes, that way DTG can layer other trains, and shortly after that, DB lost the services there, which are run now by another company, which would explain it being set back in time.

37. OldVern

It is a bit remiss on DTG's part though that their official reveals of these new routes are being pre-empted by other sources. Surely they either need to plug the leak or co-ordinate that their announcement comes first.

Anyhow it looks as if unless this route offers anything exceptional, for me it will be relegated to a sale, especially if it's another red 146/182/187 and Dosto feast.

• Like Like x 2
  38. jolojonasgames

Yeah that sadly fits the same trend as RSN, with it being set back to the late 2000s so that modern DB stock could be used without the route being set so late that DB lost the concession. I'll be hoping it's a '90s route, but I won't get my hopes up.

As I've previously said, I will be really interested in seeing if there's a clear reason DTG chose this seemingly not too special and short (especially when compared to the releases leading up to this) route. Perhaps all will become clear with the announcement and previews, perhaps it will turn out to be a bland route, there's no way of telling yet. It's only selling point could be the inclusion of a BR 146.1 or 146.0 with high door Dosto's allowing for correct layers on future routes, but even that wouldn't be a good enough selling point if the rest of the route is just two track running for 30 to 40 minutes.

• Like Like x 2
  39. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

MoreDostos.JPG

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I don’t really mind shorter routes aslong as they look good & offer a new trainset, my only worry with this is that it’ll come with another EMU that has the same cab layout as all the others we have already, and I can’t say I’m excited at the prospect of another 146 & dosto consist.

Including dostos usually means I’ll never drive the route in one of the 2 directions.

I’m not going to discount this route before we know anything about it other than some decals, but given the available IRL info, I can’t say I’m too excited.

• Like Like x 3
  41. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

This sounds quite underwhelming so far :( Such a short route, doesn't seem to have anything special so far. The older era might be interesting, but then RSN and HRR are set in the same period and there is nothing "old" about them, no vintage trains or anything. And since the route is not going to come with more than one new train, if even, I really don't see a selling point for this. Really curious to see how that turns out when we get some official information, but so far I am not impressed :(

• Like Like x 2
  42. lux#4689

For this route, I am hoping for a BR111 with n-Wagen.
    Then, BR 146.2 with Dostos, BR 425, and some freight trains could be layered in from existing routes. (BR 146.2 would be a stand in for 146.0, and I am not sure, if irl, back then, they had high entry or low entry dostos)

43. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Totally agree, landscapewise it couldn't get any more boring so the major selling points are
    - unique gameplay elements we don't know about yet (flat A->B 2-track mainline with overhead wires wouldn't be the best starting point for this)
    - rolling stock
    - personal connection to the route

Seems to be a tough one.. well, let's see what finally gets announced. I remember writing something similar about DRA back then and that's my most played route now...

• Like Like x 3
  44. Trainzrule

Trainzrule Member

As someone who lived in Oldenburg (only after 2012 though) I am of course quite excited...
    Anyways, I do hope at least part of the Nordenham branch is included, which is actually quite nice. In terms of rolling stock, (considering the route will probably be late 2000s) I would expect an Einheitslok, probably E10, maybe a Bügelfalte, with Silberlinge and a Karlsruher cab car. *Maybe* a 146.1 (not too bad, has different sounds etc) and high floor Dostos, although that would be a miracle. Also a really slim chance of a 120 (quite a lot of them ran to Oldenburg way into the mid 2010s) and at last an InterCity cab car.
    In terms of layers: 425s would have covered 2/3s of the route from Bremen to Hude and continued up to Nordenham. Lots of traffic in Bremen. Two daily ICEs into Oldenburg. Also, if the TSG route comes, say, with a Desiro (possibly fitting for the Niddertalbahn), it could do some services that even back then would have been done by Nordwestbahn LINTs. Regular services between Bremen and Delmenhorst, every four hours between Oldenburg and Bremen. Also quite a bit of AI running around Oldenburg too.
    Freight wise the route is pretty busy, especially in recent years traffic has grown with the new port in Wilhelmshaven. I would very much hope for some artistic license with the timetable here.
    All in all, there definitely is potential.
    Bremen and Oldenburg are some really nice stations, both could offer some shunting work. Coming into Oldenburg, you also cross a fairly large lifting bridge. Interestingly, the catenary on it is quite fragile, so all trains cross it with lowered pantographs, which could in fact be an interesting game mechanic.

• Like Like x 8
  45. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

With the low numbers of station and short and quite easy to make route, I would hazard a guess, that we might see quite some of the freight related parts of Bremen included to justify this being a full release.

46. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I'm convinced that DTG knows how to spice up somewhat unspectacular routes in an interesting way. After all, it's not an R7 route. Certainly not because another train operator serves the route today, but because there's a bit of nostalgia in it. It's also TSW3 exclusive, so there are at least 3D volumetric clouds and the new lighting system.

BTW: I like the newly leaked abbreviation BOB for this route. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  47. Trainzrule

Trainzrule Member

Maybe we could even see a V90 for some more serious shunting? Loco DLC maybe?

• Like Like x 2
  48. captaingunadeep

I'm only hoping for BR 111 and n-wagen

• Like Like x 3
  49. lux#4689

Well, RSN and HRR are R6 too. And they have still modern rolling stock. I don't put my hopes up too much. We will see.

• Like Like x 1
  50. juliplus#6089

juliplus#6089 Active Member

Revival of the Dostos Yey