Massive Improvement But…

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by .battalion., Nov 10, 2022.

1. .battalion.

.battalion. Active Member

;) Hey yall, I must say BNS lightning improvement looks really good, maybe a tad bit bright, but much much better than the BNS lighting. F44BBA9A-E204-446F-BA11-AF1439A26FCF.jpeg F7ECF63D-C8AB-49C7-8F58-E47AF46C0A9F.png

But there’s still something missing, and it’s bugging me a little bit- D3730992-6B0C-4918-8896-95DCC0EA4DB7.jpeg

I see we have a floating foot bridge? :|

2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Already quite a bit of discussion about this on the original thread, not sure why you've started a new one.

• Like Like x 2
  3. .battalion.

.battalion. Active Member

I didn’t know? Anyways there’s no problem if I create a thread or not, just wanted to give my view on it and point out the issue.

4. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

Everyone has his definition of "massive" :D

5. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

We heard the feedback, and this has been addressed - support beams have been added :)
    upload_2022-11-11_10-1-6.jpeg

upload_2022-11-11_10-2-6.png

• Like Like x 18
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Factor41

Yes! This looks great - really has that sense of a sprawling jumble of parts added over the years about it. The scale looking up to street level has been captured well too. Top work!

• Like Like x 5
  7. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

I couldn't tell if it was sarcasm or not lol, either way it's been finally added after community feedback :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Factor41

:D No, not sarcasm, I think that looks great and captures the feel of New Street pretty well. Looking forward to seeing it in the game.

I don't even care that much that the lamp posts are the wrong colour. At least the ones at Bournville are purple!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Fantastic to see feedback is being taken onboard and adjustments are being made (quickly) before release. A great demonstration of how community feedback and DTG’s willingness to listen can improve content.

For further feedback, I think it would be great if we got to see previews earlier than we do, so more feedback can be given and there is more time available to implement any appropriate changes. Even if seeing the route at an early development stage could be useful - it’s not as if there can be any serious spoilers (plot twists etc). The community is here and willing to help (for free) - use us!!!

• Like Like x 19
  10. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

If the community was always heard, the game would be perfect :p

• Like Like x 6
  11. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Mat_Jam_Ca It's been suggested before...

The community has a tremendous amount of railway knowledge which is crying out to be used.

• Like Like x 3
  12. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Preview generally come as early as we can manage, there's a lot of large scale fixing and changes that happen right until the release point. Community feedback is always taken on board but more recently the teams are pushing for sharing initial screenshots and really applying any wanted changes in asap - so always keep it coming :)

• Like Like x 9
  13. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Can we see some more screenshots please? Try you build up the excitement for the community :)

14. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Yes, I’d like to see more screenshots, as us in the community can advise you guys if there’s anything off/wrong about the scene, which can be fixed before release.

Any for a Friday afternoon treat, DTG Alex ;)

• Like Like x 3
  15. HasanMulla

HasanMulla Member

Are the B ends of the platforms going to have clutter such as [debranded] bins, the New St fitters' boxes, TRTS/CDRA dispatch modules/boxes and lineside telephones? It would totally give New St a bit of a lift and not make it look as baron as it looks in some of the preview screenshots.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Just wanna say - Alex did message me asking for a Friday "treat" but.. I was off, and didn't see the message until about 10pm, sorry! :)

Preview stream soon, and we'll show the whole darn thing and await your feedback.

Looking forward to it, the imho route is tons of fun - for testing purposes i've been driving the exact same service to compare like-for-like and observe changes the team's been making. I think i've driven that one service a dozen times now. Keen to do it again. Doesn't get tiring at all! :) -

Duddeston may be the new "knebworth" after blasting out of Aston with the speeds finally up to something sensible, I *keep* forgetting that little so-and-so... ahem. However, watching a couple of the beta testers play, I may not be alone in that one :)

Matt.

• Like Like x 9
  17. londonmidland

DTG Matt I hope Duddeston station looks dilapidated and run down as it does in real life. We definitely do not want to see a spotless platform asset on the opposite side.

(p.s you can never have too many weeds or rusty looking track) ;)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. DTG Matt

Oh I think you'll be happy - bit run down, grass, knackered old track, even the artwork on the platform is all there.

No sign of a stopping train mind. ahem.

Matt.

• Like Like x 7
  19. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Is the HS2 construction site at Cuzon Street modelled at all? Ive spent more than a few days there with work over the last 3 years. At one point we had 5 active sites all this route, Cuzon Street, Saltley DMU and no less than 3 in Duddeston all on HS2 enabling works/service diversions.

20. londonmidland

I assume it'll just look like a generic building site with static tractors and piles of dirt in places.

Whether the building of Curzon Street has been modelled and included is another question. I guess we'll find out tomorrow on the stream.

[​IMG]

21. DTG Matt

Curzon Street is there.

If I understand you, yes, it is in an around a building site.

Matt.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2