Autumn Patch

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Martin, Nov 20, 2018.

1. TrainSim-Martin

TrainSim-Martin Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Greetings Railfans,

Alongside the launch of TSW: Long Island Railway we're also pushing a HUGE Train Sim World patch live today - there's something here for everyone!

Train Sim World Core Software
    • Fixed the weather code to fully initialise before the Time of Day System, prevents incorrect lighting cube maps from being generated on game start
    • Can now specify spawn time to service mode within 5-minute intervals instead of 15 minutes
    • Removed the faded "D" from the power HUD icon
    • Changed the direction neutral "N" to a "-" in order to be more localisation friendly
    • Fix for rail vehicles losing all momentum upon derailment
    • Improved how passengers determine which platforms to spawn at based on arriving trains
    • Fix for objective manager presenting incorrect objectives for a service in some rare instances
    • Fix for dispatcher track section request ordering which could create standoffs in some cases
    • Fixed some issues with sleepers / track ties which made them appear in bulk, disappear and then gradually re-appear
    Ruhr-Sieg Nord
    Gameplay
    • Fixed an issue with the Freight Exchange scenario to properly recognise the 5-second hold rule for the Battery Isolation switch
    • Fixed an issue with the doors opening on wrong side at Plettenberg on RB91/RE16 services, and at Hohenlimburg on RB56 services.
    • Fixed an issue with the “Depart When Ready” objective would not clear when the train was moving in the Returning Empty scenario
    Route
    • Removed a Vr head and changed magnets on one signal which affected services running through Plettenberg Platform 2 that were receiving a 1000 Hz influence
    • Fixed an issue that would produce the full rain audio whilst under the canopy in Hagen Hbf
    • Added speed related PZB activation to 1000 Hz and 500 Hz magnets
    • Fixed an issue with an OHLE hanger floating in mid-air at Plettenberg station
    DB BR 143
    • Added an option to allow the player to activate the cab light from the controller
    • Fixed an issue that would cause all locos to show the same loco number
    • Added missing ground shadow plane
    • Adjusted the Full-Service brake pressure to correctly report a reduction to 3.5 BAR instead of ~3.6 BAR
    • Added missing Desk Light
    • Moved shunting control components further inwards to allow players to interact with them
    • Fixed an issue with the bright headlight setting that would show reflections on the windscreen and other flickering artefacts
    • Fix coupling clipping when coupling to Shimms wagon
    • Re-added missing PZB Mode decals to switch on lower desk
    • Fixed an issue that would prevent the player from re-entering the loco during the tutorial
    • Fixed an issue with premature brake application when loco is moving under AFB
    • Fixed an issue that would result in the AFB disappearing from the MFD when switching to exterior camera and back
    • Updated the tutorial so that it correctly asks the player to set the centre headlight as well
    • Fixed a number of issues with the tractive effort gauge
    • Fixed the PZB "Acknowledge" functionality on Xbox controller
    Doppelstockwagen & Control Car
    • Fixed a problem with the representations of the headlights
    • Fixed an issue that would prevent a player from being able to sit in the secondman’s seat whilst the train is in motion
    • Fixed an issue where the horn failed to trigger if the horn control was pressed too quickly after release
    • Changed the horn fade out time, and the audio trigger conditions based off the position of the horn control
    • Added the appropriate animation for the Brake Overcharge button
    • Fixed the camera functionality
    • Fixed the missing rain on the upper level windows
    • Improved the 3D model smoothing
    Wagons
    • Improved the freight wagon sounds so they can be heard on passing AI trains
    • Adjusted collision volume to allow for easier access to couplers on the Habbiins 344
    Collectables
    • Fixed an issue with the collectable located at Altena tunnel
    • Numerous fixes relating to key language translation throughout
    West Somerset Railway
    General
    • Optimised performance of hoses between vehicles
    • Rain and Snow effects should now show up correctly on windows
    • General scenery improvements
    • Extended stopping radius on "go to" objectives from 2 meters to 8 meters to make it more flexible when stopping
    BR Class 47
    • Ensure drivers and crew are interacting correctly with seats
    • Added rattle sound
    BR Class 09
    • Optimised performance of hoses between vehicles
    Mk1 Coaches
    • Added missing audio for interior hinged and sliding doors
    • Fixed an issue affecting one of the sliding doors not working correctly
    • Numerous fixes relating to key language translation throughout
    Northeast Corridor New York
    Route
    • Fixed junction motors and levers in New York Penn to not have snow on them
    • Fixed a number of issues relating to loading saved games
    • Reduced couple/uncouple times for freight to be 1 second instead of 10 seconds
    Amtrak ACS-64
    • Fixed reward stats for Cab Light and Horn
    Great Western Express
    Route
    • Removed the overgrowing foliage to the platform and tunnel next to Hayes and Harlington
    BR Class 43 ‘HST’
    • Completely reworked diesel-electric simulation has been added
    • Improved behaviour of Electric Train Supply and how it affects the engine rpm and throttle control usage
    BR Class 66
    • Adjustments to the EM2000 module and how it displays data
    • Faster reaction movement on the Ammeter
    Freight Wagons
    • Changed the dimension of brake pipe connectors to improve air flow and thus improve brake operation

• Like Like x 16
  2. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

This may be me not understanding the message - but what link are you referring to??

3. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Its been expanded for you in this particular thread so no need to look for a link.

4. Fabrizio520

Fabrizio520 Guest

Good work.
    Thanks DTG.:):):)

5. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Just been driving the 66 on GWE. The physics in the patch has transformed the game. Driving a big heavy freight train now feels like a big heavy freight train, and with the HUD off is very immersive. I find im now really thinking ahead and driving to the conditions. Great job.

• Like Like x 2
  6. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

22.jpg Never thought something simple like that would make me this happy.
    Thank you so much for fixing that:D

Unfortunately this issue didnt get fixed yet:/

7. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

i have no tracks laid down in new york penn? when i came out the tunnel there was no tracks at all?

8. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

Whatever you did to the airpipes on the wagons has made the brakes behave incorrectly. The brake pipe now seemingly recharges in the same amount of time regardless of train length. The compressor on the 66 is good, but it's not that good.

Can anyone else confirm? For me It takes about 13 seconds to charge the brake pipe to 5bar regardless of whether the loco is light or coupled to a train.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kojo62

Kojo62 Active Member

I've been hoping for PC patches for so long. This is like early Christmas. :)

Thank you for all your hard work, DTG.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Digital Draftsman

The physics (or at least the output to the gauges) are still wrong.

I'm driving the Class 66 at 40mph, Notch 8 and the amps are steady. I then leave the loco in Notch 8 and make a 1 bar reduction to the brake pipe. Making a brake application increases the resistance, thus the load meter should show an increase in amps, but it doesn't.

I also get this weird glitch where the amps jump down to near zero and then a few seconds later jump back to where they are supposed to be.

Combine this with the brake issue I outlined above and I'm seriously wondering if anyone who knows how a train actually works tested this patch. We've waited over a year for this patch and it only took me 10 minutes of testing to discover two issues with the 'completely reworked' diesel electric simulation.

And there's still no wheelslip!!!

• Like Like x 2
  11. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Sure you have been nice for some fixes for CSX HH......

12. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

"I'm driving the Class 66 at 40mph, Notch 8 and the amps are steady. I then leave the loco in Notch 8 and make a 1 bar reduction to the brake pipe. Making a brake application increases the resistance, thus the load meter should show an increase in amps, but it doesn't."
    The ammeter will not increase if drag increases, it'll only increase if speed decreases. Of course, speed decreasing is related to drag, but when you are running at notch 8, speed may not decrease at all. And considering the relatively weak brakes of freight cars in GWE, your application was probably not enough of a reduction to counteract the traction of the locomotive.
    (Heck, I did this myself just now and got both a speed decrease and an ammeter increase. Literally no problem there-but nice try.)

"I also get this weird glitch where the amps jump down to near zero and then a few seconds later jump back to where they are supposed to be."
    Not a glitch. That's the generator transition. You don't see that much as most modern alternators are big enough to not require this, but it most definitely happens in real life. Even the almighty Armstrong Powerhouse has this behavior represented in their incarnation of the class 66.

"We've waited over a year for this patch and it only took me 10 minutes of testing to discover two issues with the 'completely reworked' diesel electric simulation."
    It takes 10 minutes to jump to a conclusion. It takes hours and hours to actually know your stuff. Better luck next time, or perhaps better logic.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  13. Digital Draftsman

The train slows down with a 1 bar reduction in Notch 8, the Amps don't increase as they should. Try it in the game if you don't believe me.

It's not the transition from series-parallel/parallel, which you can see better illustrated in this video on the real thing. It's a glitch, it jumps down to near zero and then jumps back up to where it's supposed to be, but it happens frequently and regardless of speed. Perhaps it's an issue with the script triggering the transition at inappropriate times, but it's definitely not right.

I have spent hours and hours working in railway engineering, but I guess that counts for nothing.

14. pschlik

Well you are clearly running with a different simulator than I am, I see absolutely none of what you are seeing.

[I slow down I see increasing amperage (though seriously, why cite increased resistance? there are far better ways to word that...) and I only get the transition effect at 35 mph. Nothing random about it. And air flow takes time, as it should.]

15. Digital Draftsman

So if you start a service with a Class 66 and 20 KFAs, dump the air by opening the emergancy air valve, close the valve and recharge the system, time it. Then, do the same but with a light loco and time it. Does it take longer to charge the air pipe for the 20 KFAs or does it take the same amount of time? For me it takes the same amount of time.

16. pschlik

Well if you look at the cab gauge, of course it takes the same amount of time, the train will have no effect on how long it takes the brakes to charge at the front of the train! What's actually interesting is what goes on at the end of the train.

For one of those 12 HKA trains, 15 seconds is about right. But for a 20 FKA train, it takes a whole 27 seconds to go from emergency to fully released.

17. Digital Draftsman

An emergancy brake application uses a lot of air, it should take more than a few seconds to recharge the air reservoirs on each vehicle and bring the brake pipe up to pressure. The air flow indicator doesn't tally with what's going on either.

18. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

How big is this patch supposed to be, as mine seems to be downloading 7.9GB, which seems a tad excessive for a patch?

Edit now it has downloaded 15.9GB and is installing which it says will take more than a year?????

19. hightower

hightower Guest

I don’t think it’s a ‘patch’ per se. I think every time they change/update something you’re being made to download the whole thing all over again. If you’ve got all the DLC that would explain the massive download. God alone knows what it’s going to be like in a couple of years time. 200GB downloads?!

20. davejc64

I essentially gave up as it was going to take forever to install because it kept stopping and starting.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Ian1991

I have no railway tracks in new york penn station or the junction outside of it? and also when i changes trains it didnt tell me what the service was?

22. hightower

hightower Guest

Given this mega patch, I’d thought I’d fire up TSW and have yet another go at it, to see how much as changed. I also wanted try try some of third party mods that have started appearing. There are some definite improvements since I last played, so that’s a positive. However, there is still that familiar feeling of ‘this could be SO awesome’ but then many of the old issues come back to the surface. IMHO it’s definitely better than it was. That aside for now...

I was intrigued to see the all new simugraph diesel electrics on the GWR. One thing specifically has me completely confused. I’m not a train driver so I don’t know which is right and which isn’t, but if you use the Armstrong Powerhouse HST in TS2019 and set the brakes to full service, then release them to running, it takes a noticeable amount of time. With the “new” diesel electrics on the GWR, it takes about 2 seconds to go from full service to running. That can’t be right, surely?

I’d bet a decent chunk of money on the fact that AP have it correct, on the ‘old’ simulator. Please tell me I’m wrong, and that the new simugraph engine has it right.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Hmm, it doesn't take two seconds for me. Although Im on the 66, I'll jump in the HST and have a look. In the 66 what I see is the indication of what the brake is being set to moving fairly rapidly, then the associated flow taking place through the pipe, followed by the brake finally releasing. All told it takes considerably longer for the brakes to release from full than two seconds.
    I also tried turning off the engine, depleting the air in the reservoir and then turning it back on. The reservoir charges at a normal rate for me there too. In an earlier post I think the assumption that an emergency application means a full brake pressure dump might be the cause of that diagnosis.
    All looks perfectly normal to me for what I might expect to see in a modern UK locomotive.
    Edit- the HST is taking just over 10 seconds to release from an emergency application, and about 5 from a normal one for me. In terms of brake reservoir capacity, if we turn off the engine and do a dump via brake application and release you'll soon get a tired arm. Big capacity reservoir is the point Im trying to make. I'll try and find some real world data so we can hang our hats on something useful. If anyone else can be bothered to try and find/provide some actual data I'd be interested in having a look.

24. hightower

hightower Guest

Just timed it.

HST sat still, engine running, reverser neutral and brake set to full service. Move the brake lever to running and the brake pressure fully released in 4.66 seconds as you said.

25. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Yeah. Im going to sit down in a bit and try and find some data. Must be some somewhere.. ;)

26. hightower

hightower Guest

So I just did exactly the same thing on an AP HST in TS2019. 17 seconds.

One of them is wildly wrong, or more wrong than the other. I know where my money is.

27. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It’s no surprise that some things are still not quite right, even after the Simugraph update.

In the past, DTG left everyone else to do the more detailed and intense sounds and physics of trains. Their offerings are less than impressive so it’s no surprise a certain third party developer gets such high ratings and positivity for doing the hard work.

DTG have never gone into this more detail before with their train models so it is still relatively new for them. I guess we can only hope these incorrect values get fixed or a third party developer does the physics etc for future builds.

With pressure from the above (management) with forcing to rush things out, I think I’d choose third party over DTG to do the finer details as they seem to do it quite well, at least for TS.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Its not always straightforward. The HST has an interesting braking system.
    "They have a standard UIC twin-pipe aura brake. This is supplanted by an E70 brake unit in each power car. When the driver makes a brake application an electric signal is sent from the driver's brake controller to the E70 brake unit in the rear power car with the result the brakes apply from both ends of the train more or less simultaneously."

29. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

Has the non-audible DSD/AWS on the Class 166 been fixed in the update?

EDIT: They have!

• Like Like x 1
  30. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Hst and 66 exhausts are they more reslistic? Louder horns. More engine noise in the 166?

31. hightower

hightower Guest

Their patch notes above state....
    They’ve been at this for months. I can’t see any noticeable difference driving the Class 43, and as we’ve noted the brakes don’t react at all right. If AP (and many others) can simulate all different kinds of locos correctly on TS20XX, what’s the actual point of Simugraph if after all these months of effort it doesn’t (or can’t) deliver on the basics? There is still no wheelslip, and it takes until you’re halfway to Reading for the Class 43 to reach 125mph.

Having played TSW again today I think I’ve figured out why this all bothers me so much. I’ve always kinda liked trains, liking Train Sims came as a bit of a surprise. This game could be so bloody good but it just comes up short in so many areas (the sound is still an absolute dogs dinner for example) that I feel a bit like I’ve been robbed somehow. The glimpses of how good it could be make it even more frustrating. You still can’t save and restart a game without something not working correctly FFS.

Sadly I get the distinct impression DTG are not entirely sure how to fix the numerous problems because if they were, surely more progress would have been made by now. Is it a slap-dash money-grabbing approach, or is it, as I now suspect, that they just don’t have the skills and know how to get the best out of UE4?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  32. hightower

hightower Guest

Sadly, none of the above.

33. londonmidland

Unfortunately none of these are likely to be fixed or revisited, at least not by DTG. I agree with the exhaust, it is far from realistic.

Exhaust:
    - Way too much ‘clag’ whilst idle and at speed. This applies for the 66, 166 & HST.
    - Sometimes I think I’m driving a Steam train or a Valenta powered HST.
    - Clear white smoke, really?

Sounds:
    - Don’t get me started with the 166

A heat haze would look much better and more realistic.
    Also, MTU powered HSTs are very efficient and produce little smoke/clag.
    I have never seen an MTU engined HST produce smoke trails whilst at speed or even when idling. An exception is when accelerating, but nowhere near as much as in TSW.

I have provided a sound fix to the 66, so when you are in notch 7 and 8 and really going for it, the cooling fans activate.

Video: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/373057621306900491/514925100382814219/66_new_fan_sound.mp4

Download:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/373057621306900491/514931635133612033/TS2Prototype-66fans.pak

Some parts of the Sim are amazing and look really good but it’s the corner cutting and shortcuts this company makes which lets it down overall.

Sometimes I think is there even a QA because even the most obvious bugs are present at launch.

Things could be so much better for this sim...

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  34. davejc64

Finally got it to download, I had to uninstall TSW and reinstall, haven't had chance to try it out as I have become weary of it what with all the hassle I had to get it to install never had this issue with previous updates.

35. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

Will these fixes also come to consoles ;)?

36. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

No fix of the BR185 lights? :(

37. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I am glad to see fixes! It shows that DTG does go back and fix things. I would have liked to see the signals fixed in NEC though.

• Like Like x 2
  38. londonmidland

Personally I thought this update was rather underwhelming considering the last update was in (the summer?).

Yes, the new diesel-electric physics updates was nice but there are still loads of long-lasting bugs and core game issues that are still present and need fixing.

Once the editor comes out I probably won’t be as bothered but I am still expecting DTG to fix these bugs, though I won’t put any money on it.

• Like Like x 2
  39. Anthony Pecoraro

The update fixed a lot of things!

40. londonmidland

I wouldn’t say that seeing as:

- There are still at least three (GWE, NEC & RT) routes with broken signalling and safety systems.
    - 2D map hasn’t been touched one bit.
    - TSW still doesn’t support cab sway.
    - Outside sound appearing on inside and sounds randomlytiming out’.
    - Save game resume still broken.
    - No CIS or PA support.
    - Next speed limit indicator still all over the place and can only display one speed at a time.
    - Various lighting and shadow bugs (tunnels are a big one) which need fixing in older DLC‘s.
    - Floating wires, missing cantenary and supports on electrified routes.
    - No wet textures on GWE stations when raining/wet precipitation.
    - Useless achievements, points and level up system which makes no sense and has no use whatsoever.

Many of the fixes were quite minor and haven’t changed the gameplay experience in any significant way (bar the physics upgrade)

You know you are allowed to give constructive criticism, as not everything in TSW is perfect.

There’s a lot of work and fixes which needs to be done, which is why TSW still feels like a beta in some areas.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  41. Anthony Pecoraro

I never said it was. Don’t put words in my mouth.

42. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Now there's a slow moving target.. Must.not.get.sucked.in.. ;) so many innuendos..

43. hightower

hightower Guest

Resist. Resist!!

• Like Like x 1
  44. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Nothing for CSH HH.

45. Anthony Pecoraro

“Core files.” That’s CSX.

46. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Nice, finally they fixed passengers on heavy haul! ;-)

I don't see any fix for a heavy haul bug under Core.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  47. Digital Draftsman

No it's not, the core software does not include CSX HH, which is why consoles will be getting the same updates to the core software. CSX HH is a module, like any other DLC, which is why it's possible to run TSW without it on consoles. None of the bugs and missing features specific to CSX HH have been addressed in this update.

• Like Like x 2
  48. Ian1991

biggest issue for me accross the game is the outside sound appearing in the cab......and when you finish a service on GWE it very rarely tells you when that train is next due out?

49. DANNYBOY2487

DANNYBOY2487 Active Member

there no passengers on heavy haul its a american freight route

50. Digital Draftsman

As reported by others on here, the Class 66 will now do in excess of 200mph. So much for the "completely reworked diesel-electric simulation".