In What Year Is Hauptstrecke Rhein-ruhr Set?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jolojonasgames, Nov 11, 2022.

1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hi all, quick question: In what year is HRR set? I can't find anything on the steam page or the fan wiki. I need to know for a suggestion I'm working on :)

2. animatiker

animatiker Active Member

The Timetable is set in 2020, since this was the first year when the RB 33 was extended from Duisburg to Essen. There are some exceptions though, since the RE 11 is listed as going to Mönchengladbach which it only did until 2010, also all the lines are DB, although there were a few private companies in 2020. This may be a restriction of available trains and licenses though.

3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

AIUI, the DB license includes a clause which in effect forbids DTG from using any non-DB passenger companies on German routes.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. animatiker

animatiker Active Member

Oh, didn't know that. Sounds kind of understandable from a DB point of view, but makes modern routes in some areas of Germany quite difficult. No more DB (regional) trains in Bielefeld Hbf for a few years now and for almost all North Rhine-Westphalia REs 146+Dostos forever.
    Personally I prefer DB to private companies, so it doesn't bother me that much. I would love to see a RRX Desiro HC in TSW one day though....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Seriously? Is that a genuine thing? Where did you get this from?
    That’s a big bummer if that is true, was really hoping we would get some other operators eventually, but like that, oh dear :(

• Like Like x 2
  6. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

WHAT? That would be serious content limit for German routes. Not just private companies, which I honestly care very little about, but international trains (CD, ÖBB, SBB, etc.).

7. animatiker

animatiker Active Member

International long-distance trains are mostly operated by DB when on the DB network (with a few rare exceptions), so I guess that would not be a problem.
    I guess we'll never see a Flixtrain on a German route then, though. We'll, they'd have to run with a delay of 2 hours or more for a realistic representation anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I suspect those might be fine though for most services as they are jointly operated bt DB and the foreign operator in most cases

9. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree but RRX is part of National Express Group which took over that service from The Bankrupt Abellio NRW. The Realistic version for Desiro HC is a DB Baureihe 1462 Baden Württemberg Paint Scheme with RRX destinations added to the PIS system assuming a Baden Württemberg Route with those is made then layer to NRW Routes like RRO HRR and Schnellfahrstrecke Köln Aachen.

10. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

I'm happy to report, for clarity, this is not a thing.

We do already license with other German passenger operators - i think there are two or three operator licenses included on the Chemnitz trains for example (they're DB Red but not actually operated by DB, logos are on the side).

Unfortunately, some of the other regional's we've tried to get such as the Green livery VRR i think it is for HRR were a "no" on the license.

There are no anti-competitive license clauses anywhere.

Licensing continues to be difficult, but it's what gets us real train operators, so i'm very grateful for the hard work our licensing team puts in trying to get them for us! :)

Matt.

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That's a pity, since the green livery applies even to DB trains! VVRR made the decision precisely to get away from the Skittles-bowl of liveries the various operators had created and create a uniform look, and the region doesn't look right without them (it applies to RRO as well as HRR).

There's a very nice mod for PC users, but console people are out of luck.