PC Rapid Transit Timetable Bugged Signaling?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Wolf64, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Wolf64

Wolf64 New Member

Hi all,

I've got back into TSW, trying out Rapid Transit timetable mode on Lepizig S-Bahn 2017. It seems that signals at stations always start off red. Also approaching next stops almost always comes with a red light, keeping the 500Hz magnet active (if playing with PZB turned on). Signals at stations only turn green (or mostly yellow) after all passengers have boarded. 500Hz magnet staying on throughout, making accellerating from any station very slow until reaching the light, since the 500Hz restrict your top speed to 25km/h. Most lights are then yellow, restricting your speed mostly to 45 or 85km/h which makes it impossible to reach the next stops on time. And all this time there's seems to be no other train on tracks in front of you warranting restricted signalling throughout.

It looks a lot different in the scenarios where there's mostly green signals throught until you approach your final stop, even with visible AI traffic along the route. The 2021 timetable also seems to work as intended. This makes me come to the conclusion that the signaling for the 2017 version of Rapid Transit's timetable mode might just be faulty.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Richard Kast

Richard Kast Member

I played it for the first time in a long time the other day. I usually play with the safety systems on, but soon turned them off, I couldn't believe that every station stop had a red light, that only cleared after the doors closed, this is an old DTG fiddle to get timetables to work, don't recall it being set like this in the past. I was using the BR182 in journey mode, so that would be the 2017 timetable.

3. Wolf64

Wolf64 New Member

Someone in the Steam forums replied, saying that since 3 or 4 updates ago it seems to be broken, as it was working fine before that apparently. However, I cannot verify that myself, as I've only ever played the scenarios before. Shame, even if the 2021 seems to be more interesting (to me at least), I would've loved to play the others as well.

4. bljohansson#4171

bljohansson#4171 Active Member

Sounds about right. I've played maybe 10 or so RT services since the release of TSW3 and was first hit by the the red signal thing 1-2 weeks ago after a pause on running the route. I remember red signals being a thing on the route in the past and I have a couple of silver medals to remind me of it. Now, keeping to schedule is pretty much impossible with safety systems on.

• Like Like x 1
  5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

When TSW3 first came out it wasnt an issue, its since an update that its been issue.

6. roman.danilov.crme

roman.danilov.crme New Member

I also got problems with PZB on RT. Not only with red signals at the stations, but also with strange PZB work. When I passed a green signal I got penalty braking cause 1000Hz magnet was active for no reason. And there is a big problem at multiple signals. Not sure if I need to create a ticket, but one of the best routes is still very unpleasant to play.

7. Wolf64

Wolf64 New Member

If you can, that would be great. I tried to figure out how to create a ticked some days ago, but it seems to me that all I've found is a way to create more of a customer service ticket, if that makes sense. Like "my game doesn't start, please help". And I doubt customer service will be able to help with route signals being red... So yea, if anybody knows how and where to create actual bug reports, please let me know as well.

8. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I've noticed this as well (on PS4) last week or so. Seems only the original 2017 timetable has this bug. The new 2021 timetable works fine.

Now, I like a bit of PZB shenanigans as much as the next man, but a red at each stop is overdoing it :) And you lose a lot of time stuck at 20 kph while starting up under 500hz

TrainSim-Adam DTG JD Can you flag this issue to the team please?

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Thank you for sharing, I've raised this on our internal issue tracker :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Alex. Much appreciated ! :)

11. philime#3678

philime#3678 New Member

Hello,
    Bug still not résolues.
    Are there plans to fix it ?
    Merci, bonne journée.