Bcc Oh The Irony!!!! (i Need A Break)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by antony.henley, Nov 17, 2022.

1. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

BCC Shows up on the PS5 but doesn't show up on the PS4 version of TSW (on the PS5!!!).

Hentis

2. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Just checking, there is both a PS4 and PS5 version of the game - If you are using the PS5 the corresponding version will be the edition that should work.

3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Thats bad because your opinion is on my important list before eventual purchase.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. antony.henley

I downloaded it for both. PS4 and PS5. PS4 has all the layers, PS5 version doesnt.
    It says in manage game content on the PS4 its installed. I am just double checking now to see if it has installed.

I'm now just waiting for the PS4 version to catch up with everything after booting in. (Note this is on the PS5 on a seperate 4tb HDD)

EDIT Still showing as installed on Manage Game Content (PS4 version) but not in Routes on TSW3 homepage

Hentis

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
  5. pjwilson15

pjwilson15 Member

I have downloaded this game on my PS4 and only 3.3Gb installed out of what was supposed to be 7Gb.
    My library says the DLC is installed, but there is no sign of it on the User Interface.
    Will try a complete reboot again to see if this helps.

6. DTG Alex

Following up, there's a very short guide here to swap between the PS4 and PS5 versions of a game - does this help? (Start at 28 seconds)

7. antony.henley

3.3 gb is the total size for the PS4 version as the other 4.66 gb is for the PS5 version which I have downloaded and it works and ironically shows up on the PS5. As far as I was aware the PS4 version downloaded and installed as it was in the downloads queue.

DTG Alex

So there are a total of 38 DLC routes, Which I have all including the BCC installed on the PS4 version. The tiles on the Choose a route show 39. The extra one being The training center. But BCC does not show on the choose route. This is the same problem I have with the New journeys pack a few weeks ago where it shows on the PS5 but bit of it (SPG scenarios and SD40 livery) do not show on the PS4).

Hentis

8. pjwilson15

pjwilson15 Member

Thank Hentis.
    I have downloaded the DLC via the usual means. I have a notification in my library saying the BCC has downloaded but it is not showing up in the game.
    I also have every piece of DLC downloaded on my PS4 and showing up in the game, but no BCC showing up at all.
    Regards

9. DTG Alex

We're looking into this issue further currently - thank you for sending these posts through, we will update soon.

10. pjwilson15

pjwilson15 Member

11. antony.henley

OK so first two shots are the PS4 version of TS3 showing where it is in download manager and in the route selection screen. Pics 3 and 4 show the PS5 version. Obviously I don't have all the routes (38) installed.

Hentis

Attached Files:

12. pjwilson15

pjwilson15 Member

I don't have that all. Every other route and loco are showing, and I own all of them, but not the BCC.
    I don't want to delete everything and start again, but may have too.
    Thanks for your help. It's late here in Australia. I'll get back to it tomorrow. Have a good day.
    Peter

13. antony.henley

The top two pics are of the PS4, the bottom two pics are the PS5.

Im looking at deleteing and completely re installing the PS4 version. For now I am going to do a livestream on with the PS5 version.

You are more than welcome to watch. Just feel damn annoyed.
    You Tube Links in the signature.

Hentis

14. pjwilson15

pjwilson15 Member

Thank you my friend

15. tommi_madsen

tommi_madsen New Member

Just bought and installed the Birmingham Cross City Line

On my Playstation 4. But it doesn't show up in the game?., help me please

16. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

• Like Like x 2
  17. tommi_madsen

tommi_madsen New Member

I have a playstation 4 slim

18. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

Thanks tommi_madsen

As a process of elimination, could you make sure you have covered the two options in the following support article, please?
    https://dovetailgames.freshdesk.com...0944582-why-can-t-i-access-my-add-ons-on-ps4-
    • Activate PlayStation 4 System as Your Primary PS4
    • Restore your Licences:
    Update: Just installed Birmingham Cross City on a PS4 myself and was unable to reproduce this issue. All content was available. Therefore, the issue could well be related to the two points above.

19. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

DTG-Chris

I'm also on the PS4 slim and have the same problem. The two points did not help!

Remotely, NJE-SKA doesn't work for me either! You may have the same error here.

20. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

21. tommi_madsen

tommi_madsen New Member

I have every route and all locos
    Download again do not working

22. Railmaster

Same to me! Have all DLC but BCC dont work, also NJE/SKA.

23. antony.henley

24. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

25. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

Hi Railmaster ,

I can also confirm that the New Journey BR423 SKA is working on PS4 too. The only known issue is when you select the BR 423 first, no services will appear. However, if you select the route first (SKA) you will see all services, scenarios and training modules for the loco.

Have you tried redownloading both add-ons, and power cycling your console? If so, you may want to consider reinstalling the game to start fresh.

26. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This is a global issue. Not only PS / 423 / ...
    "THO THE TRAINS" menu makes part of the normally available services missing.

27. TS_trainspotter

TS_trainspotter Active Member

Hi, ps4 slim player here with all dlcs installed. BCC shows up in the dlcs and, despite being installed multiple times, does not show up in game. I also tried turning the console off and back on, as well as reconstructing my database and restoring the licenses but nothing works.

(Edit: spelling/grammar)

28. antony.henley

Hi DTG-Chris

I have restored licences to no avail on the PS4 version of TSW 3 on the PS5. It does not give me the option to re download the route from the PSN store. It states its been purchased on the PSN Store itself.
    Now if I go into TSW 3 (PS4 version on the PS5) on the DTG store page it does state that the BCC route is available to purchase at £29.99. I press X on the controller to purchase and it already states its installed which it is.
    See link below.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/attachments/20221117_112129-jpg.101462/

There is no way I can delete or re download The BCC route.
    I go into System / Console Storage/ USB Extended storage find TSW 3 (PS4) click Manage game files and it lists all the add on content for TSW 3 that is installed including BCC (3.04gb) and doesn't give me an option to delete it. I can only delete the entire game.
    Its also the same for the SKW, SPG and Bakerloo New Journeys pack as that doesn't work either.
    The only thing I can try on this PS5 is to uninstall the PS4 version and reinstall and that's no given guarantee that that will work either.

Hentis

29. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

Just another day in the life of a TSW user :mad:
    Looking forward to watching your stream later antony.henley

30. antony.henley

Yeah cheers Goochdog, Will be 1930 tonight. There is one there already from the PS5 I did this morning. But it only has the Class 66 layers, even though I have Tees Valley (No NTP layers im afraid) The sooner they get this DLC manager for TSW 3 sorted and released the better. This is doing my Bloody swede in!

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  31. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

Hi antony.henley ,

It is a known limitation of PS4 games that you cannot remove an add-on without uninstalling the game. However, it should still be possible to redownload an add-on you already have installed using the Manage Game Content screen, unless this option was removed on PS5 (possible on PS4).

Secondly, could you make sure your game and add-ons are all on the same storage, please? If possible, please move the game and add-ons to the internal storage.

32. antony.henley

Hi Chris,
    Yeah it wont let me download on the PS4 via the store. But it will let me re download PS5 version but (it says Purchased).
    Just so its clear. I have the following installed:-

PS5 TSW 3 and as much DLC as I can installed on 2 TB Expansion MM2 SSD

PS4 TSW 3 plus ALL released DLC installed on an external 4tb HDD

I think I am going to have to spend the next few days delteing and re-installing TSW 3 for the PS4.

Cheers.

Tony.

33. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

antony.henley before you uninstall anything, can you move the PS4 game and add-on to the internal storage, so we can rule out the possibility of extended storage being the problem, please?

34. antony.henley

OK will do. But it wont be now till tomorrow. But will report back here once its doen with the verdict... :D

Hentis

35. TS_trainspotter

TS_trainspotter Active Member

If this can help, my game is in the internal storage (ps4) and nothing is showing up in game despite the dlc being installed and downloaded. I have all other dlcs installed

36. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I was looking forward to playing this route this evening, but after reading this, I think I'll wait with buying untill this bug is fixed. DTG-Chris Can you please give regular updates so we know when it is safe to buy and download this route on PS4. Thank you.

37. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

This is getting farcical now, just glad I was spared the pain. I decided to spend my money on anything other than TSW3 as I realised I could not afford it. Maybe a little more clarity might help in future with the pricing ahead of release. I normally stick my neck out for DTG as I do love this game but lately all the empty promises and broken routes are starting to test me.

• Like Like x 2
  38. antony.henley

Guys just a heads up. Other people have downloaded this on their PS4's and it has worked for them.
    I have try and transfer from the external drive on Friday afternoon to the PS5's stock internal SSD hopefully it might work. If not it will be a delete and complete re install of 30+routes and assorted loco dlc :o
    Sometimes there's no bonus in having all the DLC :(

Hentis

39. antony.henley

So looked at transferring The PS4 version of TSW 3 to the internal Sony stock 895gb SSD and I'm 107 gb over so I wont be doing that. What I will do before deleting and trying a re install I will transfer the 157gb to the 2tb expansion SSD.
    Will report back once tried.

Cheers
    Hentis

40. antony.henley

So transferred the PS4 version TSW 3 to the MM2.SSD expansion and it didn't work. So I have transferred it back to the 4tb external drive and just gonna leave it at that. I may delete and re install at somepoint but not sure when.
    This is where I ask on how the progress of the PS5 version the TSW3 download manager is going?

Extremely disappointed.

Hentis

41. pjwilson15

pjwilson15 Member

Thanks for the efforts Hentis.
    I've deleted everything and have reinstalled the base game. About to try reinstalling BCC again.
    Let's see what happens this time
    Regards
    Peter

• Like Like x 1
  42. pjwilson15

pjwilson15 Member

Success!!!
    The complete BCC has downloaded, but only after deleting all my other DLC and then reinstalling the base game again.
    Here we go again downloading again, but will be far more selective this time.
    Hope this helps
    Regards
    pjwilson15

• Like Like x 1
  43. OnlyMe1909

I pulled the trigger last night, bought and downloaded BCC overnight. Will check when I get home from work if it shows up on my ps4. I certainly hope I won't have to delete and redownload the whole game.... With my internet connection, that would take me the better part of a whole day....

DTG-Chris has the root-cause of this problem been identified and what countermeasures will be taken to prevent this from happening again?

44. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

Investigations are still in progress. At this time, the Birmingham Cross City route add-on only appears to be unavailable in-game for players with every add-on installed on PS4. However, the cause of the problem is unclear. When we have more information, we will let you know.

Update: We are working directly with affected players to test a potential solution.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
  45. Railmaster

DTG-Chris

The last DLC I installed was NJE/SKA. It's the only one from the expansion pack that doesn't work...

Then BCC appeared. And that didn't appear either. It seems to affect all users who own all DLC or exceed a certain limit here. So can it be that there is also such a limit on the PS4?

I've followed everything up until then and tried what's possible on a PS4 - for BOTH DLC. It doesn't work It seems to be a limit problem. That's why I'm not going to delete everything and start from scratch. I would like to help but my options are exhausted and that is not an option for me at the moment. I'm a customer, not a developer. It's up to you now, DTG.

46. OnlyMe1909

I was lucky to find my console was nog affected. BCC showed up in my game. I have a lot of DLC installed, but not all. But this has me worried for future releases. It seems that PS4 may also be bumping against a DLC limit. I hope DTG speeds up with the introduction of the add-on manager on TSW3.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Jay1986

Jay1986 Well-Known Member

This is running fine for me on the PS5 (PS5 version). I can’t comment on the PS4 version as I’d rather play the superior version.
    It might be a case of the route being extremely demanding on the PS4. I hope it gets sorted soon for all PS4 users. A £30 quid route you can’t even play. That would really annoy me.

48. pjwilson15

pjwilson15 Member

Everything is working fine now, although I have not downloaded all DLC. I have left the German routes and locos till later, when the add on manager arrives.
    Really enjoying BCC by the way.
    Have a great weekend.

49. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I installed BCC today. It was recognized immediately and works fine, although I have now installed a total of 60 DLCs on the PS4 Pro. The entire Dev crew really put a lot of effort into it, you can tell from the landscaping to the varied building assets and the small details. I'm also a fan of the new lighting and the 3D clouds, which also add a touch of more realism to the overall gaming experience. Would be great if the cats would also interact with the player. ;)

The Class323 also impresses with great sounds from the traction motors when accelerating or braking. Only the BR182 sounds better with its start-up melody. So I would say, if there were no crises in the world at the moment, the level of quality alone would justify the price increase. Would be great to see Birmingham New Street as the home station for the Class390 in the future!

• Like Like x 1
  50. Railmaster

Maybe another hint:

After installing BCC and restarting TSW, it took longer than usual to get to the home screen. But then TSW froze for at least 5min! I had a hunch that something wasn't right?
    Since BCC didn't appear I restarted TSW but it's stuck. I then did everything a PS4 user can do, but to no avail.

The patch shown here is not available for me (TSW2!?) and I don't have this error message either. Absolutely none.
    Maybe another hint:

After installing BCC and restarting TSW, it took longer than usual to get to the home screen. But then TSW freeze for at least 5min! I had a hunch that something wasn't right?
    Since BCC didn't appear I restarted TSW but it's stuck. I then did everything a PS4 user can do, but to no avail.

The patch shown here is not available for me (TSW2!?) and I don't have this error message either. Absolutely none.
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...november-21st-console-only.61805/#post-568941

But the fact is that in addition to BCC, NJE/SKA is not displayed either! There is a real problem here! It seems that it affects the players who all have DLC!

But the fact is that in addition to BCC, NJE/SKA is not displayed either! There is a real problem here! It seems that it affects the players who all have DLC!

Liveries that have been subscribed to do not appear either!