PC How To Upgrade, And With What?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Sacha, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Sacha

Sacha New Member

I have the original TSW-CSX on Steam with the GP38, SD40, and AC4400. I recently bought the Long Island route.

I would like to upgrade on steam - but the upgrade cost is $57.36 CAD....more than re-buying TSW at a sale price of $35.20. Can I re-buy the sim and run the same exe or will it conflict? Even the regular price of the upgrade is more than buying a new purchase at standard price....seems like a price scam to me.

Thanks for the advice.

-Sacha

2. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

You don't have to buy it, its only a bundle of routes.
    If you want some of them, then simply by those DLCs or wait for them to be discounted.
    If the package is cheaper than the routes you want summed up, then just buy that.
    The game itself is already updated to the current version, just lacking the routes.

3. Sacha

Sacha New Member

Yes, the whole new package is still the cheapest way to go. The routes included in the new TSW system are not considered DLC's because they are included by default in the base package, and thus will never be on sale. They were DLC when TSW came out, but not anymore.

I suppose if I DO end up with two separate copies of TSW, I'll still have the best value

4. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

Well at the moment the package and the new DLCs are all 35-50% on steam except the new LIRR which just had its pre-release discount.
    You won't get a second copy of the game if you buy it on steam since you already have it, but you get the routes and locos added as DLCs you own.