Xbox Why Don’t I See Water Spraying From The Track From Ai Trains.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ericb, Nov 17, 2022.

1. ericb

ericb Active Member

Ok while it rains I don’t see no water spraying from the tracks from ai trains. But I see it while it snow. I can see the snow spray from the ai trains. But I thought it suppose to happen in rain as well. Will they kindly fix that.

2. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

We only have snow kick up, there's no rain kick up at the moment but it's certainly something I want to look at, along with pantograph spray and leaves.

• Like Like x 9
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

3rd rail shoes whilst you're at it... Those rails are a large area for the shoes to plough through at 70mph+

4. ericb

ericb Active Member

That would be cool Matt the spray with leaves too. It would be great to implement that into the sim.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
  5. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

That would be some lovely features to have Matt, hope they come to life as it will add to the realism that little bit more :love:

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Please no. It’s bad enough having services in the snow ruined by the terrible kick-up effect without having it ruin all the services in the wet too. It really is very bad indeed.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TrainGeek08

Maybe that's something DTG need to look into a little bit more, it's a new feature for TSW3 so teething problems are expected, what is it with the kick-up that's bothering you :)

8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It just looks awful, not at all like what it is supposed to be simulating, it’s a constant density and it flickers. I wish there was an option to turn it off, it’s been annoying me, as you can probably tell. I thought I might get used to it but I can’t.

Although there are some good aspects to the new darker nights, I always preferred more ambient light, and I find I’m driving in the snow at night a lot more in TSW3 to be able to see some more scenery and that means every train I pass has this kick-up thing brightly lit in my headlights. It looks just as bad in daylight and makes me less eager to drive in the snow for the other good things that come with driving in snowy conditions.

At present I still play a lot of routes in TSW2 because of the PS5 DLC limit and I prefer driving in the snow in TSW2 than in TSW3 just because it doesn’t have this effect.

• Like Like x 3
  9. TrainGeek08

Fair enough, DTG really need to sort this out for players like yourself that are finding the kick-up effect a pain ;)

10. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

It would be nice to have the option to turn off these extra effects. The snow kick up does look horrendous and perhaps adds to the memory overhead that degrades the entire game. In my opinion I'd rather see the return of TSW2 skies and reduced "fancy effects" if it meant a more consistent frame rate across a route.

• Like Like x 1
  11. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Thank God you don't see that as the snow thing is highly unrealistic. Snow doesn't fly like that.
    Yes, it does when it's fluffy and fresh but that rarely happens in real life. Plus you need a lot more speed to get it flying as it does in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  12. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

I had a recent experience driving on LBN where it started lightly snowing, and as the snow progressed eventually the trains started kicking it up. The effect looked better, smoother with no flickering. Has it improved, or does it just look better on the old routes? I was a little surprised because I thought that only dynamic weather and lightning had carried over to the old routes?

In any case, as has been noted, there are three problems with the snow effect, in addition any flickering. One, it seems to get kicked up at slower speeds than would typically cause this. Two, snow isn't always kicked up in this manner, such as if it is wet or frozen. And three, and this is the worst, whilst driving at night your lamps reflect terribly on the snow when you pass another train. I like it sometimes, such as my experience noted above, but it would be good if you could turn it off.

• Like Like x 2
  13. pessitheghost

pessitheghost Well-Known Member

what about catenary vibration, when a high speed train passes through overhead wires at speed, there is a wire shake from the wires

14. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

Fix the darn dynamic lightning storms first! Add the lightning back for realism, because now you have storms without it! Unbelievable.

15. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I quite enjoy the snow effect but I don’t think the rain is particularly necessary. If its going to hamper performance I would definitely be happy without it.
    Theres so much other stuff that needs fixing.

• Like Like x 2