Latest Sale

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daytona, Sep 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Caledonian Works Black Friday sale ends 27th

CWLOCO for 30% off loco DLC
    CWAGON for 15% of wagon DLC

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

I think I'll wait until the next sale

• Like Like x 4
  5. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Pleased to pick up what I needed, plus an extra, The Huddersfield Line only out for a month now at 45% off. Glad I didn’t plunge in on release and feel for those that did. Agree with bart2day, that other discounts are poor, seeing that some items historically have been much lower.

I think in the future discounts on Steam will not be as good as they have been in the past. TSMarketplace items used to be 50% off and are nowaday normally 45%. Another new product that had a decent discount was the Lake Constance scenario pack.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Very surprised to see the TSC NTP on sale so soon, but then as I just posted in the TSW forum for many of us it largely duplicates what we already got, but with a handful of scenarios vs. the all day timetable. Maybe in the Xmas sale. In the meantime, apart from some TSW stuff I grabbed North Wales Coast and the Bossman Royal Scot, plus one of the Japanese routes (the mountain one, not Forest Rail) which I've been eyeing for a while.

• Like Like x 1
  7. orb

orb Well-Known Member

Maybe there are no -70% off discounts for some older stuff, like in the past, but there are quite plenty of "new historical lows" for the regular & marketplace DLCs:
    HistoricalLow-DLCs.jpg

HistoricalLow-Marketplace.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  8. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

So far I've got the GEML 90, CL57, Sea Urchins, & Riviera Line! I would also like South Wales coastal & the Huddersfield line.

9. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

So far I have spent under £2 on some NER/GNR carriages! I am tempted by the Huddersfield route despite the juxtoposition of the eras. I pretty much have every other add-on I want.

I will probably get the newere IOW route for TSW.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. countcussy

countcussy Well-Known Member

I have TSW3 and Train Sim. I have a lot more content for TSW, as I originally started playing on console before moving to PC.
    Thinking TSC may frustrate me less. Only have Euston-Birmingham, and Fife Circle as current UK routes. Would the Great British Railway Journeys pack offer me some decent routes and Locos? Also like the sound of the ECML, especially the older Era with the Deltic etc. Sale is tempting me....
    Anything UK wise to absolutely avoid?

11. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

The Great British Railway Journeys pack is only £13.74, for 5 UK routes, that is a very good value for money package.
    You get Kings Cross to Peterboro, Liverpool Street to Ipswich, Victoria and Waterloo down to Portsmouth and across Kent, so, with your Euston Station already obtained, you have nearly all the main line London Terminal Stations to play with in the game, and they are all fairly modern-ish layouts. The Settle & Carlisle line is old-ish, and is for Steam loco fans, but, I'd buy it at that price, £2.75 for each route, and the included rolling stock, you can't get them any cheaper.

Cheerz. Steve.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

ECML-South is a good route but ECML Newcastle to York is a very old route released 18 Sept 2012.

13. TimeSlicedDanny

TimeSlicedDanny Active Member

The ECML (York to Newcastle) goes back to the early days of TSC. It's still playable, but scenery modelling isn't up to the latest standards. One advantage of this is that it is frame rate friendly.

14. countcussy

Thank you. Really helpful.

15. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Good choice. It got,an update today. I asked around and one of the things I reported - the Stalybridge Old Tunnel (see my videos where I comment on it) - had occlusion modified to match the real experience through there. That and many other scenic updates got in today, though I am not yet home to see it and possibly do another run. That said, I have to cull any 185 I see or swap a Fuller Simulations model in.

SWC is also nice, with many DLC for it. I intend to make the 150/1 scenarios available since they are not converted.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Another sale is from Digital Traction.
    30% off Wisbech and Upwell items and GWR County 4-4-0 Loco with code “DTAutumn2022”. Ends Monday 2359 November.

I have Wisbech and Upwell and can recommend it. Have just bought GWR County 4-4-0 Loco as this has just been released and at 30 off is a bargain.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  17. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

AP Powerhouse Thursday 1 day sale with upto 50% off most products (won't include newest releases).
    Fullscreen capture 24112022 072642.bmp.jpg

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  18. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Now that a lovely surprise. Will purchase the 700 and a couple of wagon packs.

Remember they always have a 40% Christmas sale, so some items will have a larger discount if not 40% or more now.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Well...

I've finally done it...

I now own everything in the AP catalogue (including a good few that are now withdrawn).

Not sure how I feel about that to be honest...

Stuff it, it's still cheaper than Golf or Fishing! :|:D:D

Edit: Just counted that's 94 AP products in total.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  20. Sim Related

Sim Related Active Member

21. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I should be sleeping now (night shift worker, don't judge) but I can't just leave this lot on my desktop..

Left row main installers, Middle row branding patches, Right row extra stock packs..
    Image2.jpg

and that's just what I bought today, thank god it was a couple of weeks ago that I did my fresh install and done all my already owned AP up until that point back then..

I hope I never have to do another clean install (I know I will one day but denial is key here)

• Like Like x 4
  22. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Just Trains Black Friday Sale (ends 4pm GMT Tuesday 29th November).
    Includes 14 items.
    Fullscreen capture 24112022 094832.bmp.jpg Fullscreen capture 24112022 094841.bmp.jpg

23. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Nothing surprises me with a Just Trains sale. It is always the same products reduced. I am looking for the Atlantic High Speed Route & TGV Atlantique Train but it never appears in the sale. Not willing to pay £25 for a route I will only play a couple of times as have all their other products.

What i find odd is that some routes like Tohoku High Speed Rail & Main Line, Koeblitzer Mountain Route among others are in the Steam sale and Just Trains never match the Steam sale price.

• Like Like x 1
  24. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I sometimes think the Western Mainlines might be good if it had OHLE - somebody on ATS was working on that.
    But it has the older style track compared with the MML stuff

• Like Like x 1
  25. countcussy

Just dipped my toe in and bought the AP Track and Weather packs. Bought the Great British Journeys as well. Keep me going till the next sale. :)

• Like Like x 3
  26. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

I think, though please someone correct me if I'm wrong - often the products on the JT website receive more support and end up with more scenarios than the Steam versions. Eg, the Kyle Line route for Steam has 6 scenarios compared with 14 for the JT version. Kind of annoying, especially as an instruction for one of the Steam scenarios is "play this before trying the DMU scenarios" - which you don't have if bought through steam. Kind of annoying, and I feel a bit cheated out of my purchase there.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

countcussy. I was looking at getting Great British Journeys to run as a standalone on another drive. Can you import TSC routes and Locomotives into it or did you just buy it for the routes just to run in TSC?

28. countcussy

I bought it for the routes. But there are 2 versions on steam. One is a fully standalone game, the other let's you use the routes in an existing TSC installation. Still at work so have not tried it yet. Sure someone on here had a similar situation.

29. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Buying GBRW will add the included routes to your TS library, although I believe there are some issues with the Class 801 transferring.

30. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Ok I take it that if you use GBRJs as a standalone, you cannot add TSC routes and locomotives to it. So it runs just with the included five routes, am I right?

31. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

Yes, but if you have it and TSC in the same Steam library, its content will be automatically loaded into your TSC library so you needn't ever even install the base game of GBRJ.

32. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

Somehow missed the AP thursday 24 hours sales... 24 hours is a litlle bit greedy...

33. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

A problem with JTs extra scenarios is they use stock that is not included with the route.
    Some of the MML Scenarios use the JT Voyager and Meridian units which a user has to buy
    If those scenarios were included with the Steam release then they would get a lot of flack for being unplayable

• Like Like x 1
  34. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Wait.. What?

Greedy for halving the price of the majority of their content? Hmmm ok.

Sounds to me like someone was butthurt they missed the sale, you snooze you lose.

• Like Like x 3
  35. chacal#2181

Actually 50% is an excellent sale, but with no announcment and doing it a day before friday, only for one day, not even the weekend, well, yes i find its a litlle greedy. Most people dont have time to check every day every trainsim content seller.
    Probably some marketing idea to make people visit their page often, i like AP content but not such treatment.
    Will wait.

36. chacal#2181

Anyway, its sale on JT, will money on this one. :D

37. 37418

37418 Member

How is it greedy? Surely the exact opposite if they've lost out on potential sales such as yours?

38. Cyclone

Class 700 was only 40% off, so I waited on that and used the excuse to get the 800-803 EP, which at 50% off was about what I thought it should have been at 40% off my original expected retail price (I thought 14.99 was a good retail price, 8.99 at 40% off; I did better than that at 8.49). I now have a good excuse to run the 801 scenarios on my next set of videos and try one with the EP model substituted. Fun I shall have.
    Stop it. You need help. ;)

Honestly, I'm close to that myself, just not buying the stuff that's not on discount yet. Particularly the Wagon Wednesday packs. I don't know if I have much use for them as yet, and can just substitute the other models in where appropriate. It's like swapping any old OCA in place of a WCMLOS OCA if you don't own that route, for instance; they are basically the same thing.
    What are they supposed to do, send you a personalized e-mail when they announce a sale? I wish the 50% off came a lot sooner, I'd have a few extra dollars in my pocket if so. From that logic, I'd have a bigger complaint about greed given they've never had a 50% off before (except by accident once on one product). And I'm not making that complaint. So I really don't see why you are complaining. You are within your right to wait, but there is no guarantee the 50% off will return.

That said, they DO have a newsletter. If you are a subscriber and you didn't get a message, that's on them for not making it widely known. If you are not subscribed, try subscribing. :D

https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/index.php?route=account/newsletter

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
  39. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I am a newsletter subscriber but I only heard about the Sale thru Facebook
    There are a number of items I don't have but I did not want.

Nice to have the new wagons - if you use them

• Like Like x 1
  40. IronBladder

Yes. If that's what needed to engage with me.

The first law of commerce is if you want to sell to me, you do it in a way I find convenient. AP needs our money to survive, it's not the other way around.

• Like Like x 2
  41. mindenjohn

mindenjohn Well-Known Member

"What are they supposed to do, send you a personalized e-mail when they announce a sale?"

It's what RSSLO, Aerosoft have recently done and always do. I don't care about AP anyway but I read the posts.

• Like Like x 2
  42. Cyclone

A mailing list post to subscribers is the most they can do. Now, if you are a subscriber and didn't get any communication, then yes, you'd have a valid beef with them. I'm not a subscriber and fortunately saw the news in the Discord chat, but if I had been busy that day, I might have not noticed and been upset myself at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  43. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Picked up the Huddersfield route and as I posted in its parent thread, very pleased with it. Actually getting more enjoyment out of the content I purchased for TSC than TSW, NWC being very nice. Though I really need to set up a run with a Class 40 and dig out where Bossman hid their Royal Scot scenarios.

• Like Like x 2
  44. IronBladder

I agree, which means DTG appear to have a problem!

45. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

If you read the post just above you will see another member IS a mail subscriber as am i and i never got an email advising of the sale and neither did that member. I only found out when someone told me about the sale.

I also had a chuckle at your other comment in reply to Reef who counted his packs as 94 and you said "Honestly, I'm close to that myself" which i find hard to believe giving all the complaining you do about AP and how they sell packs in here lol.

Good buy with the 800 thought i had that in my basket myself and took it out and got a few other things always welcome a nice sale. Just counted my AP products and i have 57. Got another 13 in my basket ready for next sale :D total cost of basket at present is £170.87 that will come down nicely next sale

• Like Like x 1
  46. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

I have all the midland mainline packs totally worth it at full price let alone on a sale grab them if you can folks fantastic route!!!

• Like Like x 1
  47. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

upload_2022-11-29_5-21-36.png

Alan Thomson sim have 30 percent off 2 bundles which make nice additions just current driving along the Peterborough - Cambridge one as i type this. Also subsribers note you get the 30 percent discount on top of your subscriber price as well even more of a bargain!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Just got home from work and thought typical, the first ever ATS sale and I missed it!

Fortunately though I tried anyway and the discounts still applied, bought a sub and then bought all you see there in the 30% off image + the OHLE pack (not in the sale) for a grand total of £39.97 (+ the years sub for £32.99)

Seeing as the total without the sub and without the sale would have cost £117.95 I think I done quite well. :)

• Like Like x 2
  49. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

bargain isnt it glad my post helped one person the 185 is incredible plus you now have all the sub only content as well available to use bargain so it is

• Like Like x 2
  50. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

Read this post, and on this recommendation, (during a moment of weakness on my side last night), I decided to buy this DTG route as well.

Try and steer clear of DTG routes, but brought it as I mainly wanted to see how the route compared and has been updated from my long lost memories of TSW on xbox (well over 2 years ago now).

Jumped straight into Quickdrive from Marsden to Leeds, and approaching Slaithwaite got a DTG error log message and game crashed (haven't had any issues with TS for a long time!). Happened the 3 times I tried it.

So was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem with this route?
    Plus, is the error log a clue as to why a new DLC was reasonably well discounted in the first sale since the DLC release? (ie is it full of issues!)