Xbox Birmingham Cross City. Own Scenario Red/yellow Lights

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by junior hornet, Nov 23, 2022.

1. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I’m not sure if this is a bug or not so though I would put this here rather than the technical forum to see if anybody has any ideas. I’m running on Xbox One X.

I’ve set up a couple of scenarios, just to try out the route before running services. The first one was Lichfield - Redditch using the 323. I found that I was getting several yellow lights south of Birmingham followed by a red at Barnt Green, which cleared as I approached it. Maybe something to do with the junction?

The second was Bromsgrove to Lichfield, using an HST with one stop at Birmingham NS. I had some yellow lights north of Bourneville and a red, which cleared as I approached it. Interestingly though, there was no red light at BNS. Then I Spadded a red light at Aston, which I hadn’t noticed.

In neither case were there other trains ahead of me. In the first scenario, mine was the only train. On the second, I set up a couple of AI trains in the opposite direction but had passed both of these before the first yellow.

So why the yellows and reds?

2. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

I have no idea. My guess is people complained there were no yellow or red lights in Scenario Planner so they put them in and you have to be...say, two miles away from the signal before it will go green.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

This is called Approach Control.

They are timed sections which hold to a restricting aspect, and only go up to a more permissive aspect once the timer has cleared (which if you're going slow enough will happen before you get there, and if you're going too fast, you'll have to stop and wait).

The idea is to enforce slowing the driver down.

We first did it on Southeastern on TSW3 but it's more advanced and prevalent here.

Matt

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Thanks Matt. That certainly makes sense.