Upcoming Release Something Old, Something Blue...

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Dec 1, 2022.

1. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

[​IMG]

Three generations of German traction are yours to master with the electrifying Train Sim World 3: Bahnstrecke Bremen – Oldenburg. We thought we would give you a closer look at each of these awesome units and locos ahead of their arrival next week!

Arriving on Tuesday, December 6th, Bahnstrecke Bremen – Oldenburg features some exciting Railfan favourite electric locomotives and units. We thought we would give you a sneak peek with a quick walk-around video of each one for you to enjoy.

Dive into our full article on Bahnstrecke Bremen – Oldenburg!

For those who missed yesterday's live stream, it's here to watch now (with handy timestamps and chapters so you can see what matters to you):

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 15
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. DTG JD

BR 110.3

PRESS BR 155

BR 425

• Like Like x 7
  3. chiefbeef#7841

chiefbeef#7841 New Member

beautiful and excited. Cant wait to preorder

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

mniam mniam mniam

5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

That 110 does bring back fond memories of Zusi 2!

Any news on price and/or preorder discount, please?

6. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

Price is confirmed in the original article at £30.

7. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Awesome to know for sure that this wonderful pair will indeed receive these improvements. Always nice when some old TSW 2020-era stock is modernized.

• Like Like x 3
  8. OldVern

Ouch.

• Like Like x 2
  9. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

My early Christmas present

• Like Like x 1
  10. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Nice

11. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

no pre-order discount confirmed on stream, also is an issue with PZB that won't be fixed by launch.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OldVern

Not parting with 30 quid then, no matter how tempting the 110. Sorry, but if this is DTG's new sales policy, short routes for £30 and no discount even for preordering then they can wait for my business until there is a sale.

• Like Like x 14
  13. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Slight concern over how well the RD will handle the n Wagen cab car controls but other than that and a couple of minor issues with the PZB not flashing correctly, the level crossing lights flashing it looks a really solid route.

Cemented my decision to make this a day 1 purchase.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Very enjoyable stream tonight, particularly liked the N-Wagen control car, nice change from the usual dostos control car. Lots of switches to use heating included :cool: good for immersion

New BR110 looks fun and like the change from the usual modern locos, seems like a route what will have a lot of variety like Dresden Riesa, I am a little concerned how effective the windscreen wipers appear to be on that loco.

route looks to be quite scenic especially in the shots and recordings with snow ❄️ noticeably nice scenery of Bremen HBf

barage and bridge animations I think add to the life of the route, good decision made their.

Was going to ask if the cargo doors open/ animate on the control car, but that was included nicely in the stream

15. Trainzrule

Trainzrule Member

So I watched the stream and really liked the way the scenery looks, very recognizable, except for two spots.
    First off, there's a footpath that follows the route near the drawbridge for a few hundred meters, crossing the spur once. It also comes with a small fence and really should be in there. Screenshot_20221201_200622_Earth.jpg Also, Hude has a bit of an issue because the station is a bit lower than the access road on one side. There's a ramp and a flight of stairs that come down irl, both are missing in game and are pretty iconic for the station. Screenshot_20221201_200043_Earth.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. whitey#4272

whitey#4272 Active Member

Happy Birthday for the 6th chiefbeef, have fun

17. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Haven’t watched the stream yet, but if there is an issue with PZB, I will not be buying the DLC until this is confirmed as fixed.

I’m very sorry, but you don’t get my money anymore if a DLC isn’t to the minimum standard I expect. I don’t expect perfection, but if you are implementing a safety system (that has been implemented in many routes already), and it’s not working - the DLC should NOT be released until it is working. You’ve delayed releases previously, why not this one? Need to pay for the Christmas party?

UNACCEPTABLE!!!

• Like Like x 7
  18. redrev1917

The issue is in restricted mode just the 85 flashes where it should be both the 70 & 85 flashing alternatively

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

What? Okay a little strange youre reaction. Matt has already give his confirmation that it will fixed soon.

• Like Like x 1
  20. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Just cuz this route is short doesn't mean every route will be short. I enjoy short routes cuz there can be lots of gameplay and the services are short. I don't have time to sit down and do an 1hr+ service every time so I would much rather prefer shorter routes than longer routes. And besides, dtg can't do a 186km route each time if that's what you're asking for.

• Like Like x 2
  21. redrev1917

Plus unless youre playing hudless, its not actually game breaking, even with no HUD you should know if youre in restricted mode or not 90% of the time.

22. rennekton#1349

The problem is that he always says it will be fixed but then we end up waiting over a year to see a fix. Lots of things that should be fixed and dtg promised to fix soon and the fix doesn't come soon. This is based on people's long term experience with the game

• Like Like x 18
  23. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

The route looks quite okay, but I don't get why trees need to be placed so close to the tracks again, that every kilometer you get a branch slapping your face. While that has happened once or twice on older routes, it seems to become more and more on newer routes, that is a trend I do not like, there is no reason to do that, and it takes 5 seconds to fix :(
    Also sad to see that previously working signal systems are broken - why are HV repeater signals not showing the white light as they used to? This was messed up on Hamburg-Lübeck, and now again something like that shows up that worked fine before :( That one will need to wait for a sale, same problems over and over again, I'm really tired of it.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  24. rennekton#1349

I am quite excited for this route, mainly for the 110 and the cab car. I do enjoy the older locomotives. But also the layers, ai, quick services, Joe timetable, tsg's input. Sure there are issues with pzb and stuff but I don't drive with safety systems so as long as I can drive and have a fun time, I'm happy. Might wait a bit until future dlc get announced like the us route since I'm based there but so far looking great

25. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

How many times has that assurance been given? I’ve personally lost count.

• Like Like x 6
  26. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

That stream was a blast. It's the first time I felt the excitement I had when I first got the first german route back in the days for TSW2020. This is what I have always anticipated from german content, and with the huge amount of layers, and progress in making of the routes, I am glad that it is comming now, so that the first time we get older german content it already has such a headstart in quality.

When I mean quality, I talk "If the bugs wouldn't be there", but thats another topic.

I am very much looking forward to this, and hearing they are testing the waters with that to see the interest in the community, well, I hope it will!

• Like Like x 1
  27. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Exactly this. Words are easy. Actions not so much. I’m tired of waiting for fixes. Get it right first time. Especially the big stuff.

• Like Like x 6
  28. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m going to be watching the stream shortly, but it’s still a no for now.

29. Victor4815

Victor4815 Member

Are the old trains 425 and 115 of the old routes updated?

30. OldVern

Not expecting every route to be the length of SKW or Cajon, but the fact is (to me) part of the value of a route is represented by the running length, whether that be a network or linear. Looking at the map there are a couple of places they could have pushed out a bit further and added some more running time. This route is the German equivalent of promising the WCML then giving us Euston to Tring. The price DTG are now asking - without even the slight incentive of a preorder discount - compares very unfavourably with TSC where most routes are £25 and much longer. As an example...
    The Taurus Mountain route - nearly 80km.
    Klagenfurt - Villach - Spittal - 80km.
    Holzkirchen to Worgl - 85km.
    That's just a few. The list is extensive.

If the plan is to turn TSW into an upmarket product with higher prices and less content, then they may regret what they sow. And you don't have to do a long run in one sitting - the save game now actually works reasonably well.

• Like Like x 4
  31. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Yes

32. rennekton#1349

Old trains are still the same.

In tsw3: Both have gotten physics updates and lzb functionality.
    The 425 drives more like a 423 now which is more prototypical. There is also a delay from applying power to actually moving.
    The 155 got the different braking modes and brake bridging.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, but it's really a combination of route length, quality of scenery, locos and rolling stock and gameplay/ number of services.

So a short route with several driveable locos, plenty of services and good scenery like this one appears to have, holds more value than say BCC, which has only the one driveable train and some problematic scenery, fewer services etc.

I have the feeling that we're unlikely to see regular pre-order discounts again. Thing of the past?

34. OldVern

Well I am content to wait and see how people find it, before jumping in this time.

35. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

No updates to the locos in the old routes, only the versions in the new route. The new 155 should substitute in place of the original in older routes though.

36. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

So, what is the point with preorder? It's not like the CD-copies will get sold ut...

37. rennekton#1349

You do save like a few bucks but that's completely irrelevant to me. Also the fact that it's like an incentive for being a loyal customer and supporting tsw3. At least some people feel that way and taking away what's been the norm is like a slap to the face

38. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Sooooo, I’ve now watched the stream.

The route looks amazing and the 110 and cab car look super fun to drive. The bridge and barges are super cool too. Not having the chat in the stream, I don’t actually know what the PZB issue is. I heard an issue was acknowledged, but I didn’t even notice anything - although I haven’t used PZB in a while due to the PS5 DLC issue and not really needing it on Kassel Würsburg.

Some clear issues did stand out though:
    1. The bridge didn’t animate properly.
    2. Trees still go through the cab.
    3. A blue 155 was driving towards us at one point having left the station as Matt was pulling in (when driving the 110), but the 155 had the tail lights on - not the headlights.
    4. There was no mention of if applying power too quickly in the cab car, does this result in a broken train and if so, how do you recover it from the cab car end. Seeing as the cab car controls the 110 remotely, I would assume it could apply power too quickly???
    This is a route I want to buy. However, as stated earlier, I’ll no longer buy any DLC that has issues pre-launch. And, due to the PS5 DLC limit, there is no point buying it yet anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  39. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Considering it was a light loco, I'd assume that this locomotive was simply reversing, possibly to couple up to some freight wagons. The AI doesn't really understand how to switch cabs, after all!

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

“Usually sees pre order discount is a thing” then “Sighs” in Xbox :( welcome to the club :cool:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
  41. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

I’ve gotta disagree a little bit, I enjoy a mix of long and short routes, and even the short routes are fun if the juice is worth the squeeze.

Variety!

• Like Like x 2
  42. rennekton#1349

Matt did say he would have someone look at the bridge animations and fix it. Whether or not we will actually see it is another story.

I think you can end up applying power too quickly, resulting in the engine shutting down and I would assume it is a similar procedure for the locomotive. Turn off power, close mcb, reapply. And it would almost be like common sense not to apply too much power at once considering how Matt showed how too much power can break the train

43. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

So what I say you're reaction earlier was way overdone...

But it's the same workaround as the 110... Throttle down and wait until no power is applied and reset the MCB and give power again.

44. DTG JD

Just wanted to confirm this: the locos included in the Bremen-Oldenburg pack are updated with LZB functionality and improved physics, the ones from previous content at this stage are not.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I liked what I have seen, but did not watch all of the stream, far to much a one hour stream should do. I will not buy it at the full price however. It getting very expensive, so I need to wait :(

• Like Like x 2
  46. DTG JD

For those who missed yesterday's live stream, it's here to watch now (with handy timestamps and chapters so you can see what matters to you):

• Like Like x 1
  47. OldVern

Agree. 2 x DLC at this price would more than cover buying Zusi 3 even at full cost, with 100s km of route mileage. As much as I want to try the new tap changer loco, it's going to take some glowing and unbiased reviews to persuade me to part with £30.

• Like Like x 1
  48. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Eventually, this one could be useful too >> youtube.com/watch?v=sitrXi07XmQ&t=1800s
    Timestamped layers info (the graphical one) is not valid.
    Linked above is more accurate and article-compatible except HRR which is not a necessary purchase for the 101 to work there.

The layers list : BR 101 | HBK | DRA | DCZ | KWG

BR o7

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2022
  49. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

I haven't seen all of the preview stream yet. I was pleased to read this version of the 425 would have it's braking adjusted as the previous versions brakes are so overpowered... But what are peoples thoughts on the brakes when pulling n wagons, they seem particularly fierce.

50. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Watched the stream last night. Looked pretty good imo. Will be a day 1 purchase. It will probably be the last one as I'm nearing 50 DLC's on my PS4...

Only niggles I had are:
    - PZB on the 110 needs to be fixed ASAP. Dashboard lights did not blink 70/85 when PZB was in restricted monitoring, only the 85 light was blinking. Matt noticed this, but said it wouldn't be fixed before launch :( Hope we won't have to wait months before this is fixed, as this is a pretty big oversight.
    - The 'train-barges' are a nice folly, but as a gen8 user, I can't help wandering: if these were taken out of the route, would that free up enough memory so we could get back some of the content that will currently be cut out of the gen8 version of the route. I would much prefer the ICE to be included iso the barges I will probably never pay any attention to.

• Like Like x 2