PC Tsw Keeps Minimizing To Task Bar

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by mickelmickle, Nov 29, 2018.

1. mickelmickle

mickelmickle Member

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced TSW minimizing to Task Bar, it has only just recently started to happen. I start TSW, then after a few seconds, it just keep minimizing, I have up dated Graphic Drivers, checked windows settings etc, but to no avail.

Any Advice would be much appreciated

2. jumpjet

jumpjet Active Member

Hi

After verifying the game file cache on Steam, I think I would try removing the user .ini file from the game, which would remove ALL the game settings, including the graphics/resolution settings. The gaming would create a new .ini file and perhaps solve your problem.

If that doesn't work, perhaps the game is losing focus due to some background task on your PC, like a virus checker (scanning the game files on access) perhaps?

1. Steam verification - Right click on the game in the Steam app > properties > local files tab > 'verify integrity of game files' button
    2. Removing the user .ini file - Browse to Documents > My Games > TS2Prototype > Saved > WindowsNoEditor > Remove the 'GameUserSettings.ini' file. Then start the game and setup all your options again, and hope it has been fixed. Note: ** You don't have to delete the 'GameUserSettings.ini' file, just move it to your desktop (or anywhere else) **. If the newly created .ini file solves your problem, then you can delete the old file. If the problem isn't solved, you can put the original file back in it's folder if you wish.
    3. If you have a virus checker that scan files as they are loaded/accessed, then in the virus checker find the option to exclude folders/files from the on-access scan (sometimes called real-time scanning). Exclude the TSW game folder from scanning.

The TSW folder would be in :-

YourSteamInstallDrive > Program Files (x86) > Steam > Steamapps > common > Train Sim World

Good luck :)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  3. mickelmickle

mickelmickle Member

Thanks, ive sorted it, I at some point accidently set it to Full screen instead of windowed full screen in display settings, thank again, your post im sure will help lots of other users

4. jumpjet

jumpjet Active Member

You're welcome :)

......... of course this shouldn't happen in full screen mode anyway (that's what I use)