PlayStation Comparing Playing On Ps 4 Vs A Pc?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by thephoenix, Nov 27, 2018.

1. thephoenix

thephoenix New Member

ive enjoyed sims on a Mac and PC before but what sit like playing on a PS 4?

Just use the dual axis joystick for all train movements? I’m debating downloading this to my PS4 vs buying a PC to download and play on instead. Just wondering if the joystick is better than dimming on the keyboard.

2. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Personally once you've spent half hour with a controller it isnt really an issue and you can always plug a keyboard into the ps4.
    I'm going to get a pc in January to play TS2019 instead. TSW is great but lacks the variety of TS. KSP is also another reason im opting for PC.

• Like Like x 2
  3. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

PS4 is good but I'd opt for PC if you have a good spec one. It has extra services on GWE and once the editor comes out you'll get access to a whole load of content that us console users mostly won't.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Not up to date on pc’s. How much you reckon it would cost for a smooth setup to run tsw/ts2019

5. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Not up to date with pc's either but for ts19 I'm guessing £700 and maybe less in the January sales. I've no idea about TSW sorry!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Cheers. Will see what happens with the console version in the coming months. Who knows there may be backwards compatibility on a PS5 in 12 months time.

• Like Like x 2
  7. thephoenix

thephoenix New Member

Thanks. Console gaming doesn’t look promising. And sounds like TS is much better than TSW. Can’t understand why both are offered.
    What’s KSP?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. yanceyg

yanceyg Member

Are you serious!? Why don't you think console gaming is promising? Console gaming is doing extremely well. I'm a console gamer and a rail fan, so I'm happy that DTG tapped into a new market to satisfy those railfans who prefer to play games on consoles rather than buy an expensive computer just to play a train simulator.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

KSP - Kernel Space Program. It's a cracking space rocket simulator. It's also available on PS4 but has much more variety on PC.
    I'm a great fan of the PS4 and TSW but what with my laptop dying it's time to get a PC.

10. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

Remember that you can use an Xbox 360 controller (PC version) with a PC, instead of - or in addition to - the mouse and keyboard.

11. Zammy Martínez

Zammy Martínez Active Member

All of what you guys are saying is my biggest issue! Im a ps4 guy so the prospect of having tsw when i heard it was coming was excellent, but im really disappointed of how many things they are missing, simple things aswell.

I see PC gamers with all the variety and access in the world, if there is a logical explanation this im all ears, i just want more trains and more routes, why so everything so limited on GWR?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Should know how consoles are going forward when the editor is revealed. Then we will have 33’s 47’s and shunters on the Gwe. Or Hsts and 66’s on the wsr.

13. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Not on consoles we won't. Editor is PC only. TSW on consoles will soon become a second class experience (no pun intended).

14. yanceyg

yanceyg Member

I doubt we’ll be left behind, even though it’s PC only. A lot of console gamers don’t care to edit anything. We just want to play.

15. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

It has been stated that consoles will have an edit facility. Likely not route building. Defo scenario editors tho.

16. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Would be nice if 3rd parties could create dlc and we could buy it on the PS store

• Like Like x 2
  17. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Would be. Imagine everything would have to be licenced and Sony/Microsoft would have to approve them. Very tricky.

18. thephoenix

thephoenix New Member

Hey I’d like to be wrong and just stick to hopes that I can just download stuff onto the PS4. But let’s see what happens.

Looks like as of 1-2 days ago, the lirr stuff is available for PS 4. How’s it look?

19. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

It’s nice, but, it stutters a bit when ai trains pass, and one of the scenarios is broken (also same on Xbox)

20. yanceyg

yanceyg Member

Not bad. Just seems the graphics are a bit sharper on PC. That could be due to the developer’s lack of knowledge about how to fully exploit the consoles’ power.

• Like Like x 1
  21. thephoenix

thephoenix New Member

So only time will tell. A friend of mine told me about the lirr dlc around thanksgiving. His graphics looked unreal! Hoping they will really build on this and expand the heck out of it!

22. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Dont know if youre familiar with football games on consoles and how konami deal with the lack of licencing by creating the tools and templates in game for the user community to work with. Some of the 3rd party stuff arguably looks better than the dev made content. If we say a pc has 100% modding freedom. Then ps4 would be 75% freedom in terms if being able to add images. Xbox is a bit more tricky 10%

23. Zammy Martínez

Zammy Martínez Active Member

I am yea but i play fifa lol, do want to go bk to pes eventually tho used to play on ps2.
    But yh they have got licensing issues