Upcoming Release Something Old, Something Blue...

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Dec 1, 2022.

1. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

I assume it is a bug. In the trailer you can actually see that the cars behind the 155 (when shot from above) are lid by the backward facing lights.
    523EAB7F-6202-46AE-B01E-7B9124162E6F.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  2. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think it was a 'that but not this' discussion. The ICE is quite memory-intensive in an already-dense area at Bremen Hbf, which is probably why it wasn't included. The barge is in a separate area of the route, so wouldn't impact it in the same way.

3. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I copped that when the trailer first came out too.

Looks like this DLC will launch with a headlight bug, which in fairness really should not be happening.

• Like Like x 2
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The recent loco pack released with both the Dispolok BR182 and Santa Fe F7 having no headlights on in any AI services, so it will be interesting to see if the headlights are set correctly in this route. And if anyone from DTG reading this can get those aforementioned locos fixed, that would be appreciated, save me doing a bug report.

• Like Like x 4
  5. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

Why do we get AI headlight issues with almost every DLC release? Surely after the 1st, 2nd, or maybe even 3rd time it happened, DTG should make it a point of focus. It's not game breaking per sé, but Jesus how does it keep happening again and again and nobody thinks to check it?

• Like Like x 7
  6. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Same with trees too close to the track or PIS.... but seems to be asked too much :(

• Like Like x 3
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Not really. I still can’t install the route on my PS5 (with all the layers active) without deleting other stuff. There are still obvious issues on the route that may never get fixed given DTG’s track record to date.

8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Which is exactly why I quibble at paying £30. If the route is releasing with known issues or imperfections, that may never get fixed, the price needs to reflect that.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I also found it took a long long long time for the crossing gates to open after a train passed. If I was a driver in one of those cars, torture.

10. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

How big is Pressnitztalbahn in reality? I can see that they have a lot of locos, both old and new, but Pressnitztalbahn itself is a heritage line... So the company is running both steam trains on their own railway and freight traffic on DB-network?

11. Trainzrule

Trainzrule Member

That is in fact fairly prototypical. I've spent some long, long hours waiting at some of those gates and they're a pretty serious problem in Oldenburg because there aren't that many grade separations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

Thanks for telling us your birthday. *Rolls eyes*. For your own safety I recommend you delete that post chiefbeef#7841

13. chiefbeef#7841

chiefbeef#7841 New Member

Oh okay sorry for my excitement , also thank you

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

TSW3 released on my birthday :D (6 september) so I win :P

15. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Pretty much. In a nutshell, the Pressnitztalbahn society, founded to rebuild the former railway of the same name as a heritage line, wanted to have job opportunities for enthusiasts looking into making trains their job and thus founded the Pressnitztalbahn private rail company, which operates normal trains on the national network amongst some other niche things. So, from a legal perspective, I believe they're separate entities with the latter often providing services for the former.

• Like Like x 2
  16. oliverristau#4036

oliverristau#4036 Active Member

Schade das mann das edd on nicht vorbestellen kann so das mann es zwe tage führer kaufen und spielen kann

17. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

It is a railway infrastructure and transport company founded in 2000, which provides construction train, logistics and freight train services. It also operates a narrow-gauge railway on the island of Rügen (Rasender Roland) and one in Saxony. Special trips with historical trains are also offered. With around 240 employees, it is a much smaller competitor than DB, but it stands out with its blue locomotives. They also have their own workshop for train maintenance. There are a total of 75 locomotives and over 450 wagons, from historic steam locomotives to modern Vectrons.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

... and they've got 140s :love:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Source

I know I'm getting greedy seeing how we're getting the Br 110, but a PRESS Br 140 would make for a fine addition to TSW :)

• Like Like x 7
  19. breblimator

breblimator Guest

The whole pre-electronic era could be awesome :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. StokesJH

StokesJH Active Member

Yes, absolutely. To start with a 103.

• Like Like x 4
  21. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...the Pressnitztalbahn even owns some former n-wagons, which were even used on special trains with their BR110! Hopefully we'll get the license release for CC at some point, so that more Pressnitztalbahn stuff can be shared. ;)

PRESS n-wagons.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  22. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Ah, wouldn't it just.
    I have this recurring dream ( nightmare ) that TSW is headed towards a completely electric future, at least in Germany and the UK. And maybe the US.

Oh, wait. Aren't we already there?

• Like Like x 1
  23. Trainzrule

Trainzrule Member

I mean the logo is literally a standard pictogram issued by the German state in some form and is therefore royalty free. I think it's used for road signs. There's probably a trademark on the box around it and the "PRESS" letters though.
    https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Bahn_aus_Zusatzzeichen_1024-15.svg

24. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Hold it, hold it, hold it- when were n-Wagen ever chrome green?

25. Trainzrule

Trainzrule Member

I guess reverting them to their original finish was too difficult. Although I believe CFL got some coaches based on the N-Wagen and those were green.

26. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

There were some n-Wagen, that were green originally.
    The CFL-coaches, based on the n-Wagen were originally all green, and later green-cream.

For historic coaches, it is easier and cheaper, to paint them green, than put them back in the unpainted silver state, and they also look better in a consist. (A lot of historic n-Wagen are actually ex-CFL, not DB, as DB did not want to sell n-Wagen, as they feared competing companies could get them).

27. JesseBlue

JesseBlue Active Member

Not doing first week or preorder discount is actually even bad for DTG.
    When they had it, I didn't wait and bought the route for the discounted price right away.
    Now with no discount, I tend to wait to see if the route is actually good as there is no hurry, the price will be the same in two weeks when an update with fixes has been released.
    And by then I might have even lost interest.

So, business wise I think not really so great for DTG.
    And clearly not for the players either.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

The way you described it is better for the player, you said it yourself. Now you "don't just buy" but think about the decision. As every customer of every product should do.

29. tom.frame

tom.frame Member

I haven't seen a pre order for this one on steam. Does anyone know time wise its on sale on the east coast Canada ? I think after 12 pm est but unsure where I heard it.

30. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It's around 1pm est. It won't appear at 1pm sharp so give it a few minutes and you should be able to buy it

31. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The company also owns a DR BR112 the DB BR202 complete with the correct Johannistal KVD engine in addition to the DR Baureihe 242. If made the Press DB BR 202 565 can share achievement with the DB BR 204 from Main Spessart Bahn due to both being identical to each other but Different Physics package and engine.

32. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

No problem. Also happy (future) birthday btw. :)