Upcoming Release Master The Electrics!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Not with this loco. It would not even work when you doing it as advised with moving the panto selection past "both down" where the air pressure in the panto system falls to 0 and the pantos will lower anyways.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

You don’t have patience for 18 hours ?

3. aLostSoul

aLostSoul New Member

at which time tomorrow will the DLC be released?

4. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Depends on your platform, Xbox & PS are (a lot) earlier than steam & epic

• Like Like x 1
  5. aLostSoul

aLostSoul New Member

redrev1917 i play on Steam, i heard something like "afternoon" in the preview stream. But i want to plan it around my work, so i can play when i get home (I live in the Berlin Time Zone (CEST))

6. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I can answer steam :D

Its usually about 5pm UK time so 6pm for you Europeans

• Like Like x 1
  7. aLostSoul

aLostSoul New Member

okay, thank you for the information :)

8. krenz.christoph

krenz.christoph Well-Known Member

Nope!

• Like Like x 2
  9. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

56 minutes now

• Like Like x 1
  10. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Why so long... :)

11. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

Bremen-Oldenburg out now for PS/Xbox :)
    Can't wait to use the n-wagen when I come home from work!

• Like Like x 1
  12. deeuu#6908

deeuu#6908 Well-Known Member

It's not out on xbox yet.

13. bljohansson#4171

bljohansson#4171 Active Member

It's up now. No gamepass discount yet though so I'll be waiting.

• Like Like x 1
  14. there is no Discounts on TSW3 Era for any platform no pre orders as well its out only on console Epic games store PC is next followed by PC Steam

15. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

Rough station name pronunciation guide for English. Dashes are to break up syllables, they don't represent pauses

Bremen: Bray-m'n
    Neustadt: Noy-shtat
    Weser (river): Vay-zuh
    Huchting - Hook-ting
    Heidkrug: Hide-krug*
    Delmenhorst: Delm-'n-horst
    Hoyenkamp: Hoy-'n-kamp
    Schierbrok: Sheer-brock
    Bookholzberg: Book-holts-bairg
    Langenberg: Lang-'n-bairg
    Hude: Hoo-duh
    Reiherholz: Ryer-holts
    Wüsting: Voo-shting
    Neuenwege: Noy-'n-vay-guh
    Hemmelsberg: Hem-ullz-bairg
    Hunte (river): Hun*-tuh
    Oldenburg: Old-'n-burg. Go a bit geordie on the last syllable so it's almost 'bourg'

* same vowel sound as book

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  16. StokesJH

StokesJH Active Member

For those struggling with the DLC limit on PS5: the new DLC has a size of 4,344 Gb.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I agree. Don't blame Simugraph for simulating the real world mess, we want a simulation so we get it with all of its consequences.. You may want to blame DB but I do not believe the engineers are so stupid not to have considered all needed coupling options and made well argued choice even if we do not know the arguments.

• Like Like x 1
  18. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Next up: Train Simulator enthusiasts actually blaming DB for not constructing the trains like they would like it :D

• Like Like x 6
  19. Shackamaxon

Shackamaxon Well-Known Member

What's wrong with that ?!
    After all, we're also a shareholder in this industry XD...

• Like Like x 1
  20. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The destnations system on the n wagen is slighty out of alignment,with what it says in the cab isn't what the destnation board reads.

21. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

The pc version is now available on steam!

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Well BRO isn't going down too well from what I've witnessed on discord. Many have refunded already. Sorry DTG, you can't keep releasing buggy unfinished DLC especially at this price. As much as I wanted the 110+Kako I will wait until (if) when it's patched up.

I've seen reports of borked PZB, uber- powerful n-wagen brakes, tap changer sounds stuck in a loop, no cab visuals for LZB on the 425 & 155 - only on HUD, broken PIS, 425 lights not working.. uzw.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  23. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

So DTG is already doing so badly that they have to wring every penny out of the customer? No more pre-order discounts? No more Xbox Gold discount?

• Like Like x 1
  24. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Ah, the trouble begins ;)

• Like Like x 2
  25. SHINO BAZ

How do refunds work for xbox?Is it even worth it or should one just wait for dtg to try and fix there as always broken dlc?

26. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

Cheers, I was about to buy, will pass until it's fixed then.

• Like Like x 2
  27. breblimator

breblimator Guest

1. Brake physics (110) appears to be ultra-weird. 1 BAR is here like a sport bike behavior.
    2. On the HUD, there are indications of kN and AMP. In what units is the Motorstrom gauge in the cabin?

Some first-impression comments are disturbing. DTG /o\

28. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Still waiting for the game pass discount to be added. If it doesn’t come, I’m not buying. Even with Game Pass it’s more expensive than on PS5 where I live.

Given the feed back so far, I’m happy to wait.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

You mean the one in the cab car? It shows basically useless information, also IRL. For a formula what it shows: about 60% or the real tractive effort in tons that are coming from the loco. The loco sends a voltage signal over that cable and the voltage drop on the cable makes it useless. Driving the cab car is a feeling-thing. You can't do an 'instrument-flight' on it.

• Like Like x 3
  30. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

First impression from driving just the 110 and the cabcar: It has potential. Like, its good but theres stuff missing and not working. The PZB in the 110 was mentioned several times already. The brakes feel way too powerful, but I can't say if its realistic or not, its just that I doubt it. In the cabcar I can't seem to switch on the Sifa. At least the circuit breaker for it is not clickable. Also, how do you turn on the coachlights in the 110? Then we also have the looping switchgear sounds. And what is it with the BR425s signal lights?! And lastly from what I've noticed, the Zugzielanzeige (PIS) in the cabcar is totally desynced. Its basically guessing which one it could be, outside view, guessing again, outside view and so on...
    Like I'm enjoying it more or less so far, but these are silly little mistakes that just shouldn't be here in the first place.

• Like Like x 6
  31. StokesJH

StokesJH Active Member

Exactly my feeling. It is frustrating how these small imprecisions still can happen and give a bad impression about a new DLC. It will eventually be corrected, but this should be done before the release, not after.

• Like Like x 2
  32. SHINO BAZ

I'll bet drivers of real n wagen wouldn't have to play guess what the power setting is.I guess dtg thinks we want to.

33. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Using the pick a train and picking timetable and getting a wrong timetable was introduced in a past update before bro was a thing. I also never used to mode so idk how long it's been around

• Like Like x 2
  34. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I will tell that short: this is the most buged DLC in TSW history ever I am afraid

Details will come in the Technical Reports part of the forum, maybe. I am tired and sad.

Another story... maybe. Menu navigation issue.

Train Depot > Timetable > when I select a train, then a route, the menu takes me to other-not-selected one timetable.
    Is this something new? I am pretty sure this was working fine.

The track layout is HBK-like, double-tracked most of the time, which I like. This feels unfinished and rushed.
    I will probably still love this DLC, but the first impression is bad. I don't feel like going into details.

BR o7

// ACCIDENTALLY deleted > reposted / sorry

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  35. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Oh, and I really like the (not) dimmable indicator and instrument lights in the BR110 which go from value{} to value {}. Or the PZB switches not making a sound in the BR425. Or its headlights.

Yeah. Like if I play this route for 45mins and notice all this stuff... Whats the so-called "Quality Assurance QA" for then?
    This is the part thats so laughable to me... So many easy issues that shouldn't even be issues. But there we are back again at all the inconsistencies in the game. Like I always say, potential is being wasted...

• Like Like x 2
  36. breblimator

breblimator Guest

New higher price and new lower quality.

Shame...

• Like Like x 7
  37. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

Wow it seems even worse then what i expected. After the new "One Show and very monitorized Preview Streams" that aren't as honest as they used to be i was in highly doubt that this release will differ from BCC. It's a bloody shame for those who actually spend the higher price just to get disappointed yet again.
    Also, I read from a lot of PS4 players that this DLC isn't even showing up after they purchased... BCC anyone ?

Where are all the Guys that defended the new price like it was their own child ? Higher Price and at least same level of bugs like before, again a release that seems really rushed to the release date.

DTG you could have proved all the doubters wrong again (which i would have really welcomed), yet again im happy that i kept my money and did not purchased.

• Like Like x 5
  38. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Will it though? We have seen too many examples of fire and forget on past releases to trust that anything will get fixed.

• Like Like x 7
  39. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

That seems weird to me. In Zusi, the n-Wagen brakes are quite awful and you need a good run-up of rather harsh braking to stop them. I mean, Zusi is by no means infallible, but its real-life applications make me trust its physics over TSW's.

In the Br 110, the Motorstrom is in Amps, but not that relevant usually. What you want to look at is the Oberstrom gauge, also in Amps. Right in front of you are the indicators (or indicator in this modernised 110) for tractive effort per traction motor in kN. The cab car only has the Motorstrom gauge in Amps but this is, as Maik Goltz outlined, rather irrelevant. The cab car is driven based on experience and feeling mostly.

• Like Like x 1
  40. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Normally in TSW, this is something like 60kph 200m 1 bar reduction to stop
    BRO' 110 is 100m ~

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2022
  41. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Currently doing a lot of reading on this and for now….

“Steam, come at me for another £30, not happening yet…..”

upload_2022-12-6_18-55-15.gif

• Like Like x 4
  42. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would expect the n-Wagen and 110 to be braking quite awful as well :D

43. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I hope Maik or cwf.green will correct me, it's not like I know it's bad now. I will describe it with an example.

I love the DB RB 155 in TSW, but I always felt the brakes were too effective there. Wagons full of coal, half-bar reduction, and the train brakes like a car. I got used to it because I love this train in TSW. Or is it supposed to be? The DB BR 110 feels like a copy-paste from the DB BR 155 in this regard.

If this is prototypical behavior, I bow. BR o7

44. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Game Pass discount usually comes after a couple of days. BCC was unusual in that it came on day 1.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I noticed in the British Ace's stream that his HUD gauges were showing 20% train brake- but with 0N brake cylinder and 5N in the pipe. Another glitch?

46. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I was convinced to buy this route today, but DTG, we are not going to do business.
    Everything I'm reading is disappointing and I'm convinced it's not worth buying at full price.

I don't know what is going on but I think the time has come for DTG to sit down and reflect. If they continue with this rampant policy of releasing DLC after DLC in a hurry, we the customers are going to end up turning our backs on them, even the most loyal among which I proudly include myself.

Announcing routes and showing them only a few days before is just ridiculous. If the community catches bugs, they don't have material time to change anything. Is this what they want? They seem to reject and despise the help and wisdom of the community, they really don't seem to care too much.

I see them out of control, releasing faulty products whose problems accumulate with previous ones and with no material time to fix them. I would recommend that they slow down a bit if they don't want to derail.

• Like Like x 15
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. t.reizner35

t.reizner35 Active Member

So I played today on Xbox Series X I have to say that I like it so far nothing bad to say nice locos and a beautiful route. Only the lights on the BR 425 act very strange.

• Like Like x 1
  48. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Not being in a position to buy and play the DLC right now, I skipped through some YouTube videos and observed the braking behaviour. Again, I don't know which one is more prototypical, but the TSW 110+n-Wagen definitely brakes harder than the Zusi 110+n-Wagen. Sorry for pinging you, cwf.green, but since you're pretty much our expert on brakes, I'd be curious to know what you think about it.

• Like Like x 1
  49. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

announcing a route a week before release to then only have a 1:45 limited preview to then not have enough time to make any changes to release?? In my opinion we need to go have a preview stream at least three weeks out before release follow by another stream before release to show that any issues that were found were fixed. they can't keep up with all the bugs from all previous routes and just keeps getting worse and worse

• Like Like x 8
  50. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

Well, back in the day when there were preorder discounts, German routes were a near-mandatory pre-order for me. But now... now as there was no incentive to buy in advance (and as the release happened during my working hours anyway), I decided to wait for a few hours. And eventually, having read what I read, I'm not buying. Yet. I'm absolutely sure I will buy it one day, but no need to rush.

Especially with the price increase, which for my country is a whooping 71% (full price to full price: PLN 184.99 vs PLN 107.99). And compared to the "old" preorder prices it's 90% more. Yes, I get it, there are objective factors behind it: inflation is a sad fact of life, and so is the hit the Polish currency has taken, but the consumer side of the equation is what it is. So, especially with the reported bugs, I will likely wait for some sale on this, so I pay less for a product which is in better shape.

I'm not trying to be hateful here or anything, just providing honest feedback of a long-term customer who owns multiple DLCs (current counter says 41) and was never shy to spend cash on this game. At least in my case, you might say that the combination of greatly increased price, removed incentive to preorder and release bugs backfired in commercial terms. Food for thought, perhaps.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 12