Tsw: “change At Jamaica”

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Nov 30, 2018.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Jamaica is the operational heart and soul of the legendary Long Island Rail Road

READ MORE

• Like Like x 1
  2. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

I got excited when I saw a new thread in the Article forum as I thought it was going to be a TSW Studio Update with news about the Editor open
    beta. I'm a bit disapointed it's just an advert for a product already released.

Also, it doesn't really work to boast of a highly authentic re-creation of America’s busiest commuter railroad when one of the biggest criticisms of this DLC is that the TSW LIRR re-creation isn't actually busy and lacks traffic/people/AI trains; This makes it seem as though you're a bit out of touch with your customers.

What you should have done is taken the time to add some extra AI services to service mode, then posted an article telling the community you've listened to their feedback and provided an update with the extra services and a few bug fixes. This would show the community that you listen and value their feedback, as well as generate additional sales from those (like myself) who were holding off purchasing because of the reviews they'd seen highlighting the lack of AI services.

Get your act together DTG!

• Like Like x 8
  3. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

^ Yes.

About the PS4 version:

I'm glad I didn't bought this DLC. Service mode is my favorite, and if it lacks AI trains it's a 'no buy' for me. Also I see some people here reporting stuttering when the few AI trains pass by.

A few other things that I'd like to point out:
    - The patch 1.05 doesn't have patch notes released

- DTG still adding DLC content on updates for everyone, even if you didn't buy the additional content, you have to download a sizeable update with locked content in order to get patches. This is ridiculous.

The last patch 1.04 fixes a lot of things, which is a good thing. but this isn't a favor, it's something they should do periodically

Never forget: NEC DLC signals still a mess.

Rapid transit DLC PZB system still bugged. And 0 patches for rapid transit in the 1.04 update. At least not reported.

Get your act together DTG!²

• Like Like x 5
  4. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Yeah I noticed that too. A little much for a simple update. DTG is turning into the EA of train sims. Clogging up your hard drive with unwanted locked content that just sits there and takes up space unless you buy it. This is NOT the way to do things. Next thing you know, they'll find a way to work those stupid loot boxes into TSW.

• Like Like x 4
  5. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I do find it annoying how we have to download bug fixes and updates for stock and routes we don’t even own, but it is there locked in the background so we’re forced to download it.

My TSW folder is already 30 or so GB full and this is only from purchasing GWE. Does DTG seriously expect us to download content every time something is released?

Storage is going to fill up very quickly if that is the case and not to mention this is a very inefficient way to distribute DLC both on unnecessary storage and bandwidth use.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

londonmidland : you only get the core updates, no locked content in the background. If you would have all DLC locked in the background your TSW will be over 60GB and not 30GB.
    I have all DLC except WSR and class 33 and I am at 65GB TSW now.

7. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

Unless you're on PS4 of course, in which case it does download the DLC you haven't purchased.

• Like Like x 1
  8. _Crash_

_Crash_ Member

What a pointless thread, this is.

Please add more AI to services, it is dead.
    Also I hope road traffic will be finally implemented by the time the next route DLC is released. This game is not new anymore we should not be complaining about these things.

• Like Like x 1
  9. The7Train

The7Train Active Member

How about fixing the amount of bugs in the DLC? Not one admin has replied to any of the bug threads to say that they are aware of the issue and it's being fixed.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Subway

Subway New Member

There is AI in service mode , you have to pick the right one , ive seen 9 AI trains on some drives ..even going in the same direction . Even 1 behind another like 1835pm Ronkonkoma-NY Penn has the 1845pm Hempstead-NY Penn right behind it .. Then they race to Jamaica as 2 express trains between Floral Park-Jamaica. Then after Jamaica the 1845pm crosses in front of 1835pm and it becomes the lead train as the 1835pm you're driving behind 1845pm train to NY Penn It also helps to check the map in options to.see where the AI services are, enjoy

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I see AI on service mode. Yes, there should be more, but don’t say that there isn’t any.

12. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Yeah. It isn't exactly great (other recent routes like RSN had MUCH better service modes) but it isn't as quiet, dull, and repetitive as Rapid Transit. People keep saying it's like Rapid Transit, but it isn't that bad.

• Like Like x 2
  13. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

They mentioned ronkonkoma in the TSW article hopefully Ronkonkoma will be added onto train sim World in the future.

14. mrchuck

I noticed something about track 8 in Jamaica track 8 in Jamaica is usually used for the dual mode diesel locomotive that stop at Oyster bay,speonk,Montauk and Port Jefferson

15. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Are you just deliberately digging up old posts now. Serial necroposting ain't cool, dude. Particularly posting the same thing on multiple threads.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  16. mrchuck

There’s something wrong on race day scenario the M7 electric locomotive is not supposed to be on track 8 in Jamaica track 8 at Jamaica is only used for the dual mode diesel locomotives.

17. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yes, you've mentioned it. On this thread, and here, here, here... Again and again, on multiple ancient posts. It's a very minor point and the fact that nobody has responded with the outrage you seem to expect suggests that maybe nobody really cares. Move on, stop repeating yourself and please stop pointlessly digging up old posts!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Lombra

Lombra Well-Known Member

Report him for spam.

• Like Like x 2
  19. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

I with you there i will point just some things that are known problems for ages now.
    - BR Class 47 Power/Transmission Issue.
    -DB Br 143 Still no PIS
    -Rhein Ruhr Ost Still no Services for the Dostos Cab Car // MRCE 185 Still not usable on other German Routes as sayed.
    - Performance issues ( update older Routes )
    And other stuff not mentioned.
    Im on PS4.
    Im not hating DTG but i think they should look forward into a discuss with the community to get rid of stuff that annoys players/customers.