PlayStation Slough

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Zammy Martínez, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Zammy Martínez

Zammy Martínez Active Member

its nice to travel on a line that you drive on all day long at home lol
    So im at Slough now and ive just got on a 165 (not 166 from the game, but all the same thing really) to Windsor because thats where im working today, but i didnt get a chance to see of there is platform 6 at slough, I checked on my national rail app and there was nothing, but if you guys recall on one of the scenarios you come on what i think is platform 6 from London. Is anyone familiar with Slough station or have you only been there through the game lool

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Only mentions 1-5 online. From what ive seen of slough tho. If it has buildings and entry points at either side of railway it cant be an odd number of platforms?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zammy Martínez

Yh was there the other day, basically i think 6 is a work in progress and at the moment its 1 for windsor 2 for reading and beyond, 3 for paddington fast, 4 for reading and beyond slow or semi fast and 5 for paddington slow or semi fast, 6 is for the new crossrail I believe.

But i was just baffed because on the game the scenario made me terminate on p6 which is weird, i hate that this game lacks some authenticity

• Like Like x 1
  4. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

Slough used to have a platform 6, but this has been removed as part of the Crossrail works. It's possible that work started on GWE before platform 6 was closed. Something similar can be seen at West Ealing: in the game this station has 4 platforms, in reality a 5th platform has been added for the Greenford shuttle.

That's not a "lack of authenticity", it's just a consequence of the world evolving :)

5. Zammy Martínez

Does it at west ealing? And did slough really yh? Ok, but west Ealing I thought had 2, maybe havent looked properly but i know it has a branch off for greenford yes.

I dont get your last bit about the world evolving.

6. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

I've done some googling and found some planning documents about Slough, which stated that platform 6 was removed and would be rebuilt later.

What I mean about the world moving on: when DTG started building GWE, they took a "snapshot" of what the world outside was like and modeled their simulation to look like it.

Building GWE took a tremendous amount of time, while the actual Great Western route itself has also undergone significant changes. If DTG hadn't made a snapshot but instead tried to keep up with what's happening outside, we still wouldn't have had the route. You can't build something of which you don't know what it'll look like, and removing something which you have built before can be quite a task as well.

• Like Like x 1