Fishing Sim World The Bass Fighting Update Is Out Now!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DTG_Stephen, Dec 4, 2018.

1. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

The latest update for Fishing Sim World is now available across all platforms. Highlights of this update include improved bass fighting with the bass diving deeper during the fight (and the controller vibrating appropriately) meaning that line tension will increase and you will need to react and adjust the drag accordingly - rod position, drag setting, line choice and hook set quality are now more important than ever! Also featured is a second fish finder at the front of your boat to be used in conjunction with the trolling motor.

Full update notes are below;

• Improved bass fighting – when the bass dives deeper when hooked, line tension will increase and you need to respond accordingly
    • Second fish finder at front of the boat to be used in conjunction with trolling motor
    • Vibration added during the fish fight
    • Adding a sliding scale of vibration through the controller rather than simply on or off
    • Improved the targeting of fish species by improving how different species of fish react to different types of lures and baits
    • Improved water splash effects when using a top water lure
    • Added collision between the character and fishing line
    • Ensured that fish in Gigantica can be caught around the margins of the lake
    • Increased the number of catfish in Waldsee
    • Reduced the frequency of bites on Manor Farm Lake
    • Added catfish as an eligible species to score points in predator tournament on Manor Farm Lake
    • Improved camera angles when reeling in and using the trolling motor
    • Added player level names as well as level numbers
    • Fixed line getting stuck in the boat when casting out
    • Improved collision on Lake Boulder and Lake Williams
    • Fixed ‘Switch casting method’ prompt appearing after teleporting to different area of lake whilst in casting state
    • Made trolling motor UI visible in ‘partial HUD’ setting option
    • Various localisation fixes
    • Various clothing appearance issues fixed
    • Various audio improvements

The next update for Fishing Sim World will be available soon after the Bass Fighting Update. This update will focus on multiplayer issues and includes;

• Fix for camera spinning wildly if the client becomes out of synch from the host
    • Fix for animations going out of synch when accessing menus while bass fishing. Players can now reset the player by going back to boat driving mode and back again to clear the issue if it occurs
    • General stability improvements
    • Fixed streaming issue for clients that can cause a crash
    • Added texture optimisation to stop MP crash for Clients
    • Fixed issue where fish would take longer to net on multiplayer client than host or single player.
    • Text in catch screen will now resize correctly if it doesn't fit (applies to single player as well)
    • Fixed issue where camera would stutter on multiplayer client.
    • Fixed issue with player name not appearing when starting the game for the very first time.
    • Stopped "ROD SELECTION" button prompt from showing when the claimed peg is NOT a boat peg (applies to single player as well)
    • Fixed issue with "Reset cast" not working if pressed right before the bait hits the water (applies to single player as well)
    • Always show 4 entries in MultiPlayer if you're last on the leaderboard.
    • Single player - Stopped level name reverting once you reach "Prestige" level
    • Single player - Stopped the skipping of level 100 once you reach level 99 at max prestige

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  2. Killjoy Dos

Killjoy Dos Member

Stephen, i will probably be home to find out on my own before you respond and if you respond, but my question is have you guys done anything with the trolling motor being stuck to the left? I think even if you guys cant right now make it turn you could also just make it to where the trolling motor is pointed straight for better aesthetic purposes. Thank you.

3. FUNERAL PYRE

FUNERAL PYRE Member

YOU JUST RUINED BASS FISHING. WHY ARE YOU FIXING THINGS THAT DONT NEED TO BE FIXED. YOU GUYS NEED TO FIX THINGS THAT ARE NOT WORKING SUCH AS CATCH 100 SPOTTED BASS. I HAVE CAUGHT OVER 100 OF THEM AND NO ACHIEVEMENT. ALSO THERE ARE NO CATFISH ON WALDSEE LAKE SINCE TWO UPDATES AGO. I HAVE SEEN 1 CATFISH SWIMMING ON TOP OF THE WATER AND THATS IT. HAVE NOT CAUGHT A BIG OR LITTLE ONE OR A BOSS CATFISH SINCE THAT UPDATE. COME ON GUYS I AM TRYING TO HELP YOU. EVERY TIME YOU FIX SOMETHING TWO THINGS GO WRONG. AFTER TODAYS UPDATE LAKE WILLIAMS WAS GONE. I HAD TO REDOWNLOAD THE LAKE TO GET IT BACK UP. ALL MY FRIENDS I HAVE BEEN FISHING WITH HAVE GIVIN UP ON YOU GUYS, AND SOME OF THEM WOULD NOT BUY YOUR NEW FISHING GAME. I LOVE TO TO FISH. I AM NOT BASHING YOU I AM TRYING TO HELP YOU. I AM NOT GIVING UP ON YOU BUT I AM GETTING FRUSTRATED.:mad:

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. FUNERAL PYRE

FUNERAL PYRE Member

I have no problems with the troll motor. You need to hold A and go left or right on the d-pad. JUST TRYING TO HELP YOU OUT:)

5. Killjoy Dos

Killjoy Dos Member

I can turn the trolling motor im saying make it to where it actually turns when you turn.

6. Killjoy Dos

Killjoy Dos Member

Ive been catching catfish. Fish at night. And try a different bait i cant remember which one i use but its one of the biggest diameter baits they have in the shop

7. smashthethrown

smashthethrown New Member

I've lost every bass I've hooked since the update. Bass fishing has definitely gone down the crapper. The bass will spend most of the time swimming towards you and when it does take it out it's a mess trying to work the drag. All the bass I've hooked have either swim towards me and freed themselves or swam out and caused me to work the drag until it finally frees himself. This is beyond frustrating.

8. Killjoy Dos

Killjoy Dos Member

Ugh man i hate to say but working the drag has become pretty hard. Setting the hook seems alot better though.

9. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

As someone who met just about all the requirements for every achievement apart from the 50 Boss Catfish in the first two weeks of release, then forced to have to redo all requirements again after they fixed the old broken achieves. I advice you to wait for Dovetail to fix the achievement, as I can put money on you having to re catch all 100 of those spotted bass again once fixed.

I have lost motivation for this game, I still have a sour taste in my mouth with having to redo everything I had already done.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. waymatt09

waymatt09 New Member

same here when i fish in real life i set the drag and that is that ,6 lb bass snapping me out on 20lb line and 19 drag ( i agree smash )

11. harold

harold Active Member

next download will fix every problem no fish in any lake bass fishing was great why the hell mess with it every update like euro fishing is a disaster need rockstar to make a fishing sim

12. Trout Bum

Trout Bum New Member

Well, it is different, I'll say that. Definitely requires a deft touch on the drag, but I'm actually fine with that, as I thought it was a little TOO easy before, just setting 17-16 on the drag with a good or perfect hookset. Hope they didn't nerf it too much; had a nice largemouth on in the trophy category on Johnson just now with the drag set to 12, fought the fish a good minute or so and lost it at the boat when the tension meter was nowhere near close to max.

Work in progress, but I think it is coming along. One thing I may eventually NOT like about this update is that it really lends to "overclubbing" RE: line strength. In real fishing, I think that a good angler doesn't need to go out there with 20-pound braid to catch a big bass, and up until this update I liked to use mostly the 7-10 pound fluoro or mono. After this update, playing and landing a trophy bass with 7 lb fluoro is gonna be pretty difficult if not impossible; before it was TOO easy. But, again, that's what updates are for, eventually, I think there will be a relatively decent balance.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Tez ADI

Tez ADI Member

When was the update done exactly, i can see no signs of any updates on xbox unless its been removed

14. Daft Badger

Daft Badger Active Member

Update came out earlier this week.Go to "my games & apps" & then "queue" & it'll show you the last 5 things you downloaded including game updates.It's definitely out on xbox.
    While the Bass fighting needed a tweek I personally thing it's gone a little too far.The tension meter now flies up & down so fast at times you have no time to react & adjust the drag.
    Last night I was playing & landing 7Ib Walleye,& then a 28Ib Pike on 20Ib line with no issues,then I hooked a very small Bass & it snapped me off after about 30 seconds as the tension bar was whizzing up & down like a yoyo.
    Later on same thing,17Ib Pike no problem,another small Bass & snap,perfect strike both times.
    This has actually made the Bass fishing a lot less fun for me.
    While it was a bit to easy before it now seems to have gone the complete opposite way to the point where I don't really want to fish for Bass anymore.

15. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

All for making the game more challenging as long as there is a balance. Sure it will get tweaked in time to get it right, I see this as progress for the game and not a complete negative as I do generally seeing existing waters getting add on's with more species and target fish to catch.

16. Daft Badger

Daft Badger Active Member

Oh yeah,definitely. One thing these devs do is listen to our feedback & this will no doubt get tweaked in another update.
    Downloaded another fishing game last week & after 10 minutes on that you get to appreciate what a god job Dovetail have done with FSW

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Killjoy Dos

Killjoy Dos Member

Its nice to see some people not totally ripping dtg apart over an update and just dealing with a bit of difficulty until they tone it down a bit. And plus, as i said atleast setting the hook has become a little better and more “tighter” if you will.

• Like Like x 2
  18. cescquito

cescquito New Member

Hello
    I am of the opinion that I do not like this update. While it is true before was something too easy, now it is too exaggerated. I think that this type of game changes should be optional within the settings menu (expert fishing, normal fishing, easy fishing). And not something mandatory to play in free mode. Because fish a sea bass now ... it's nothing funny. And it's not because the line breaks ...it is because the fish says goodbye for no reason. Please adjust this so that people who want to fish a little quietly on the couch can do it, not just think about the professionals. You have to find a balance now, or a selectable level for the players.

Thanks