Euro Fishing Technical Support & Bugs

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by DTG James H, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Gary gregory

Gary gregory New Member

Not happy today coming 5th in this mornings online tournament 3 times it crashed on start up lost 4 mins each time should off been up topsoil wrong was on a role till this hope you fix that it's so annoying lost league point because of it

• Like Like x 1
  2. ManualMonkey492

ManualMonkey492 New Member

I guess I'm just not gunna get a reply. Oh well love the game guys shame can't play it w/o all these issues, but missing the online play really sucks!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Soda Jack

Soda Jack Member

This happened to me tonight in the pond tournament. I can catch a lot of fish at this location in 7 minutes. It certainly effected my score.
    -edit
    It happened again in the same tournament. I lost around 11 minutes. I could have made 20pts in that amount of time. I guess I can kiss 2nd place goodbye.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. christine

christine Member

Me and my bf been playing we got 3 error messages and it took us straight to fishing and we couldnt do anything then it went to my dashboard and we lost 9 mins totally and were really getting irrited and it needs to be fixed asap

5. Tichinel249

Tichinel249 New Member

So I've noticed when fishing in the weeds only in the weeds my line seems to drift until it's on silt.

*Edit
    It seems to only be on Digger Lake i have tested the observatory and L'arene and it does not happen there witch leads me to belive that it is a bug. I do however like an idea of the bait and rig flowing with the current expecialy with a float setup. i have a video of it not sure how to share it so you can see exactly what i am talking about.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  6. XXDevilsdenXX

XXDevilsdenXX Member

It is
    it is under water grass beds snapping the line..cast in the spot your line broke theres grass there

• Like Like x 2
  7. XXDevilsdenXX

XXDevilsdenXX Member

Theres a currant
    on that lake.find spots where the currant is low

8. Jay

Jay New Member

I've found that some lakes have got one or teo snags, same places as you say. I find dropping the drag down slightly and lowering the rod so it's pointing towards the fish helps a lot

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tichinel249

Tichinel249 New Member

OK found a bug this morning. Not sure how to describe it so i am just going to post a video link. it only seems to happen with the underarm cast for some reason. Please Help with this.

10. Michael Cope

Michael Cope New Member

Hi James/Dev team,

Not sure if it's a bug but I am pretty much losing every fish on St Johns, fight for few minutes then suddenly tension bar is all red and fish is off the hook. I have tried everything from reducing tension to 2 from 18, letting go of LT completely, pointing rod at icon, raising/pulling rod, adding tension and combinations of all of these. I am about ready to give up but I feel there is something I'm missing or it is a bug. My setup is correct for location and fish type (verified) so I don't get it.

Please respond and give me your best insight, I love this game and don't want this issue to end it for me.

Best regards,
    Michael

11. christine

christine Member

Multiplayer is really messing up it says reconnect to server then something about the host

12. MrCrabtree

MrCrabtree Member

Hiya Michael, I'm assuming you are using a big enough hook (4 or 8) and your line is (20lb or 25lb)?
    I know when i first started I was fishing at St Johns with lighter tackle and getting smashed almost every cast.
    I usually set the tension to about 2 when i place the rod in the rest. Once I have struck and the fish is hooked I move the tension to around 34 for bigger fish and when the bar starts to go into red, I reduce the tension to 18, then back up again once out of the red. Sometimes just holding the rod and not reeling for a second and let the fish move away a bit will work
    No need to point the rod at the fish, i think that would make the line go slack and that can lose a fish.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Michael Cope

Michael Cope New Member

Thanks Crabtree, will try that next time I'm on. I tend to have my tension at 18 constantly unless I need to reduce it maybe that's where I'm going wrong plus my line isn't that tough, I didn't need it before and was catching the monsters, just got lucky I suppose.

14. Michael Cope

Michael Cope New Member

Many thanks to all of you, this forum has proven very helpful and full of friendly people. I wish all forums were as such. I appreciate the advise and time you have all given me. Much respect to the dev team also for such an awesome game initially and for your response and support when and where it's needed. I may have given up on this game had it not been for these forums.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DTG James H

DTG James H Guest

Hi Michael

We are aware that some fish are coming off the line very quickly when they shouldn't be and are looking into it seeing what we can do.

James

• Like Like x 1
  16. DTG James H

DTG James H Guest

17. QPD77

QPD77 Member

I've had some odd occurrences.......being done by fish, then the line kiting of to a distance of 220 yards, I've also seen a number of carp and cats make it into the carp park in St. Johns haha! I've had baits cast out then disappear and all sorts. Apart from that it's a great wee game

18. DTG James H

DTG James H Guest

Hi QPD77

I know that it is very frustrating when those things happen, so you'll be happy to know that we are aware of those bugs and in due time we will be working towards fixing them for you guys!

James

19. QPD77

QPD77 Member

All good then, nice one.....I take it a time frame is being kept close to the chest?

20. I PSY2PAC

I PSY2PAC Member

Hello DTG James H , it's been several times when I fish out a tournament, it does not count. Example: on the tournament from July 20 to Digger Lakes, my last 2 taken on the session 3 have not been accounted for. Thank you to do something because it lost points for the general classification. Thank you very much and desolated for my bad English

21. christine

christine Member

I wish we could find out when the new update is. Dtg james h

• Like Like x 1
  22. christine

christine Member

Is ayone having issues with multiplayer where the fish gets to ur feet it automatically turns red andr line automatically snaps or it freezes up during a cast or when trying to get a fish in

23. DTG James H

DTG James H Guest

Hi Christine

The new update will be released by the end of this month.

James

• Like Like x 1
  24. Soda Jack

Soda Jack Member

Was there a stealth update? I haven't had any real issues with the live tournaments in nearly a week.

25. Donkey

Donkey Member

I have had the same thing happen a couple of different time now also. On the last catfish tournament on the Spain lake, had 2 fish that didn't count which could have lead to more leaderboard points.(maybe) But they are aware of this issue, cause I have talked about it before. I hope it get fixed in the up coming patch. Fingers crossed!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  26. DTG James H

DTG James H Guest

Hi guys

We are aware of the issues with the tournaments and how sometimes it doesn't record the amount of fish you caught. You will be happy to know that this has been taken on board as a bug, and once the dev team can they will actively work on a fix for it.

James

• Like Like x 1
  27. I PSY2PAC

I PSY2PAC Member

Hi , OK thank you very much and long life to your game

28. christine

christine Member

Hey thank you

29. christine

christine Member

Hey dev\james
    Im very disappointed in the digger lake tournament i was doing great the first 2 sessions but after that all i caught was mainly mirror carp and 3 common carp plus had a error and lost 3 mins and my line kept breaking for no reason and the fish kept going on the banks or under where i was standing. I dont see you how i caught more mieror carp than common because i know there was more common in that lake because when i did it on freedom fishing i caught alot of common carp then it went eemed like it took over 15 mins for the fish to regenerate. But please look into because im very disappointed.

30. I PSY2PAC

I PSY2PAC Member

Hello, the problem catfish tournament at St John's Lake. I have just one session and I took 2 catfish (14 kg and 10 kg) and none have been accounted

31. I PSY2PAC

I PSY2PAC Member

The tournament resumed but I counted only one catfish

32. Brain B

Brain B Member

In a tournament, why do I only get credit for half the weight of a caught fish? Only catfish I've gotten (in my 3rd attempt) was 18.4 lbs. I got credit on the leader board for only 8lbs.

This also happened during last weekend's as well, in Spain. Caught a 70lb fish but only credited for 40ish. That as well was the only fish I caught.

I stop playing tournaments where spending my time is wasted.

33. christine

christine Member

Its a bug and if they ever do the new update its supposed to be fixed

34. Brain B

Brain B Member

Thank you, christine. So are the fish's weight just random at this time?

Kind of surprising this wasn't fixed ASAP

35. christine

christine Member

Your welcome. As far as ive seen u get half the points for the weight example: u catch a 20 lb fish u get 10 points. But sometimes it doesnt give u that like your supposed to but hopefully the update will fix it. When it ever happens.

36. IX Bricktop XI

IX Bricktop XI New Member

Hi, I just caught Cheetah (100lbs catfish) and didn't unlock the achievement. The achievement tracker says I'm at 88% (for catching Leo a couple of weeks ago). The Anglers log says I've caught Cheetah @ 100lbs, any ideas? Thanks

37. christine

christine Member

Its prolly a bug

38. DTG Darren N

DTG Darren N Active Member

Hi Guys, all weights in the tournaments are in metric (kgs) so that the leaderboards are accurate and showing everyone's weights using the same measurement. So, if you have your game settings to lbs and catch a 20lb fish, the game will record that and convert it into kgs for the leaderboard

• Like Like x 2
  39. christine

christine Member

But we dont get the full amount of points thats the issue

40. christine

christine Member

I hate to beethe first to say about a problem with the new update but im trying to play multiplayer and its stuck at where u pick ur teleport location. And when fishing on multiplayer u will go to cast and it will just freeze then a few seconds later it will cast it out. I do not like the update and im about ready to get my refund like the other person did. I think the update made the game worse.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  41. MrCrabtree

MrCrabtree Member

That's weird because I tried multiplayer and it's working ok.... seems like the bugs are effecting some and not all xboxs

• Like Like x 1
  42. Gary gregory

Gary gregory New Member

Everything OK for me bang on not had any problems since update long live dtg fishing

43. CH40S23

CH40S23 Member

Def running less glitchy . . . but still some common issues occurring . . . hopefully get picked up in next update. . .guess we just all need to keep communicating/feeding back n hope they pick up the common ones we all get. . . .but liking the progress so far. . . . .

44. I PSY2PAC

I PSY2PAC Member

I have no luck during the first session, he remained 12min me and console me an update

45. Swanny32

Swanny32 New Member

First of all, I was in the "Not playing till it's patched" camp as it was really infuriating to play and I didn't want the release build to ruin my opinion of the game too much. The patch has really improved the gameplay and is definitely a lot less buggy which is great news and in my opinion the game is now playable.

Had a good session last night on St John's and also The Observatory but did come across a few bugs still that the development team might want to know about.

1) I was fishing in spot 2 (https://dtgfishing.com/the-observatory-lake/) to the right side and kept getting bites with ease, but each time, without me really doing much at all and despite the drag being set to 2, the line tension would rocket up. The majority of the time I would lose the fish there and then, if I didn't then as soon as I did anything with the rod or began to reel, I would lose the fish. Happened countless times.

2) A few times (but nowhere near as much as before the patch) on both The Observatory and also St Johns I had fish swim into and through the banks causing me to lose the fish. (I took a recording of one of the times this happened if you need proof or any more info)

3) Only the once this happened, I lost a fish and my character started looking straight down, almost to his feet, I assume as that's where the hook went, but I was unable to "reset cast" with RB and had to physically reel the line in.

They were the only bugs that I came across last night and all in all I was impressed with the patch.

I do have a couple of suggestions to make the game a little more realistic....

1) can we not just have everything we unlock in the tackle box? I don't really see the point in having 4 bait/hook options per tackle box. If I go fishing, I load the car up with as much stuff as I can take and the majority of it get's used, it just seems a bit silly restricting these things when you wouldn't do that in real life.

2) When playing online with friends, it would be great if we didn't have a limit on how far we can walk from our peg, in turn, this would allow us to walk around to our friends peg (as we would in real life) and maybe help them in netting a fish or maybe playing a 2nd or 3rd fish they might have on at the same time as the one they are playing.

3) I notice on the PC version, players are able to try and net a fish before the blue tired symbol pops up, why can't we do that on Xbox? Would make playing 2/3 fish at the same time a little easier, quicker and more realistic as in real life I'll do everything I can to get that sucker in the net as quickly as possible, especially if another alarm if firing off!

46. CH40S23

CH40S23 Member

1kg is 2.205lbs so you wont quite get half the weight if ur old (ish) like me n playing in pounds . . . hence the random points/weight. . . .

47. CH40S23

CH40S23 Member

just caught smurfy the ghost carp. . . pic it reveals in the boss fish screen for the lake is a catfish - def not smurfy anyway. . .

48. DTG Darren N

Hi!

Firstly thank you for taking the time to write your post and thank you for your suggestions. To try and answer some of the points that you make;

- We are aware of the annoying bugs that mean the tension will suddenly shoot up and fish can also swim onto the bank at times. We are working on a fix and look out for an announcement regarding this later on today.
    - We understand that people want more options in their tackle box and this is something that we will be addressing in our next update.
    - Understand what you are saying about multiplayer but still want to emphasise the importance of not leaving your rods unattended.
    - The PC version had the old netting experience where you had to try to net the fish yourself but we were not happy with the mechanics of this system so we have updated it with the auto netting that you now find in Xbox One. The PC update was slightly bigger than the Xbox One update as it wasn't running on the same build as the Xbox One release. Both builds are now identical and will have identical updates going forward.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  49. DTG Darren N

Yes, the bosh screen image is a bug and will be corrected in the next update. Smurfy is definitely a ghost carp!

50. Swanny32

Swanny32 New Member

Sounds like you have it all under control then! Great stuff.

I love it when game developers actually listen and converse with the forums about bugs, glitches and updates. I'm a huge fan of The Golf Club and the developers have exactly the same ethos as Dovetail on communication with the gamers. Long may it continue! Well done guys.

• Like Like x 1