Train Sim World 3 What Route Would You Improve?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NateDogg7a, Dec 16, 2022.

1. bdlhouston#8691

bdlhouston#8691 Well-Known Member

Honestly this is one of the reasons i barely play ECW aside from scenarios, an extention to ashford would make the route actually decent, as well as layering the bml 377, adding the 171 and london commuter A.I services at brighton, flange sounds on the 313 and layers to other routes would complete it for me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

For Cajon: Extend BNSF tracks to Mojave and include yards and industries around there. Also, add new BNSF rolling stock including a 2-bay cement hopper, coal gondola, more intermodal cars, autoracks, steel cars, etc. Add a BNSF GP60, GP60M-3, and GP60B pack, C44-9W, and B40-8W. An Amtrak P42DC with Superliner cars for the Southwest Chief would be nice to see, but Cajon isn't the best route for Amtrak passenger trains.

3. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

Yeah that should deff be extended and if it does i hope they replace the 377 ECW Sound because it sounds horrible.

• Like Like x 1
  4. steve08

steve08 Active Member

Maybe add London Victoria to Ore via Wivelsfield Plumpton and Cooksbridge

• Like Like x 1
  5. seagull81006

seagull81006 Active Member

I would take GWE and add finish the OHLE off, with a extension to Didcot (+ The Heathrow and Greenford Branches) and add Class 332,360 and 387 and IETs in to show the transition between HST/Networker and the modern rolling stock. This would also see the route be set in 2018 as well, with the potential for 345s to also be added as DLC

• Like Like x 3
  6. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more! :)

7. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Cool thread! Some of my own thoughts… obviously never expecting any of this to happen as it’s probably much cheaper to rebuild everything from the ground up that touch some of these (partly ancient) routes again. A nice thought experiment nonetheless.

• Rapid Transit: Add Leipzig Hauptbahnhof and lengthen it a bit to the north or west to make it more suitable for services out of the Hbf.
    • Great Western Express: Route overhaul with updated scenery and either (part of) the Elizabeth Line or the branch to Heathrow.
    • NEC-New York: Relaunch of the route with improved scenery and rolling stock.
    • Main Spessart Bahn: Alternate version set in the present with new Spessartrampe section, updated rolling stock and extension of the unelectrified branch line.
    • Peninsula Corridor & Oakville: Are both getting an upgraded timetable anyways. I suppose especially the latter could do with a „Canadian“ Baby Bullet and extended passenger service section.
    • Isle of White: Heritage Steam Railway… although releasing a third purchasable version of the route might be rather questionable.
    • Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg: Adding some additional S-Bahn tracks like the impressive underground “Stammstrecke” tunnel would greatly increase variety. Being unable to directly walk from the S-Bahn platforms to the other trains has always bothered me.
    • LGV Mediterrane: Kassel-Würzburg has shown us that a much longer route is possible… although that would probably be quite repetitive and boring for most players.
    • Hamburg-Lübeck: A route that doesn’t get much love from the community. Addition of the truly unique S-Bahn would fix that, perhaps an interesting line like the one to Blankenese.
    • Cathcart Circle: Lots of opportunities to add locos (380 or 385) and/or longer services with an extension.
    • Dresden-Riesa: Haven’t forgotten about the Flughafen branch! :) plus a general overhaul to fix all kinds of service and performance issues on this route.
    • London Commuter: I guess the Brighton Mainline ends a at two different spots in London, only one of which is available right now in-game. Opportunity for an extension here, as well as freight services originating from that little Quarry branch.
    • West Cornwall Local: Falmouth branch + extension to Par, which is a much more logical endpoint.
    • Harlem Line: There’s this other line with different trains that branches off at some point. And apparently track approaching the old NEC New York route has already been laid.
    • Luzern-Sursee: Very short route… could easily extend northward and add some intercity-type rolling stock. And fix all the issues with the existing content.
    • Kassel-Würzburg: Connection to the Main-Spessart-Bahn via that big curve could theoretically be possible. AI services and a station already exist.
    • Birmingham: Addition of the depot. Plus maybe a line towards a distant destination to allow different trains to populate New Street.
    • Bremen-Oldenburg: Would’ve loved to see one of the two big northward S-Bahn branches (Nordenham & Farge) for added variety and length.
    • Glasgow-Edinburgh: The Bo’ness and Kinneil heritage line has a direct connection, and a line to Stirling (where Rivet is based) branches off near Falkirk. Tons of rolling stock opportunities.
    Sorry for the long read! ;)

• Like Like x 3
  8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree and for the Bremen Oldenburg route you can bring that to the Netherlands Groningen and the last German stop Leer Ostfriesland but the first Dutch stop is Bad Nieuwschans. That way during the hours of 06:00-09:00 a Groningen Bremen train gets stuck on the Hude Bremen section due to freight train DB BR425 DB BR 101 110.3 and the rear being the Groningen Bremen train.

9. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Spirit of Steam could really use some more traffic. Feels too empty with too few trains...

• Like Like x 2
  10. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

the route I would like Dovetail to improve is the Long Island Railroad DLC. They should give it the Southeastern High Speed extended treatment by Extending it to Ronkonkama and adding the new Grand Central/Madison terminus station along with the Port Washington and Oyster Bay Branches. Along with some of their diesel dual model commuter train sets to increase the variety. Also they should give the existing schedule the rush hour treatment by increasing the traffic density so that their are more Trains and AI trains on the line to make it look realistic as busy commuter rail line

• Like Like x 3
  11. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Would need a signaling overhaul first before giving it a busier timetable. Matt had created a busier timetable but it fell apart due to how the signaling and atc handled the speeds and such.

• Like Like x 2
  12. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Recently drove on LIRR, and I honestly thought it wasn’t that bad. Already feels like a network, but could definitely use an updated timetable.

13. gwrfan#3416

gwrfan#3416 Well-Known Member

Would we have to get rid of WCL for routes we want to improve as rivet is fixing it currently.

14. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Extend the SKA route to Brussels

15. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

Is there a reason why you want the route extended to Brussels but I agree that the line needs extending :)

16. Koranion

Koranion New Member

Rapid Transit: I agree especially with Rapid Transit extension and update, 2nd branch to e.g Wittenberg (or Jüterbog but too long I think) would be very interesting as currently Berlin-Leipzig as a whole route would be a too long I guess, adding ICE services alongside the main part (not undergound) of Leipzig Hbf, also an update to match the current lines would be great, adding Essener Straße which was at time of route building still not finished in real life but in the game it is not even as under construction, at least a small extension in the south to Stötteritz to match the current terminus would be a good idea too, in general I would prefer more branches instead of just extension it to the north or south, currently the route is a bit too boring with only S-Bahn services. The Talent 2 should also be updated too to include LZB as it is supported on some part of this route, with extension to Wittenberg it would be even supported on the whole line, the second silver-red livery should be added too as it would the correct one for the trains going to Dessau or Wittenberg (with DB logo, green one with S logo is used for other lines).

Cathcart Line: Another loco should be definitely added, one is just too boring. Hopefully the 385 will get a layer here and eventually the 380 as in TS Classic will be added in some time too.

Dresden-Riesa: The branch to the airport should still be added. From my point of view the branch to Großenhain should also go to at least Elsterwerda as it is quite an important station here, currently this branch appears way too short. Also the Talent 2 should be updated here too and should include 2 liveries, one without the "Saxonia-Express" written on it, so it can be used correctly on "Tharandter Rampe" too, with VVO logo.

Tharandter Rampe: I would add the BR 1440 train as it is the train that is currently used on the route mostly in real life, I know the route is based in 2012 at least the timetable but maybe an alternative could be created here, maybe with extension to Zwickau (about 50 km).

Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  17. rennekton#1349

You can still ask for an improvement, whether it's an extension or something like that

• Like Like x 1
  18. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

It would mean we finally get a new country. It'd be nice to have a route across two countries, it'll be interesting to have to adapt to a different signalling system mid route as well as switching to different safety systems possibly also making switches because there could be different volt currents in the catenery (not sure about this).
    The route would have a stop in the magnificent Liege-Guillemins station.
    And last but not least: the fact that I'm Belgian also plays a roll off course :) Everyone want a route in their country :)

19. TrainGeek08

Of course, I think Liege would be the selling point of the extension :love:

20. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

For sure this is true, any route is fair game, even if it supposedly is already being worked on, or even if it has already been done, such as SEHS Extended.

21. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I'm not a prophet, but if you followed the last roadmap stream in December, it was suggested that 3D volumetric clouds might also be possible on the older routes without having to completely adjust all light sources. Various possible solutions are being tinkered with or tested. There is already a 3D cloud mod that made "Sherman Hill" look amazing. If the developers could add this as a core feature, then that would be the icing on the cake for all older routes. These would then not only be graphically enhanced but also find new buyers.

So let's summarize what a TSW3.1 version could include: the consist editor and a 3D clouds update for older routes. If that would have been done until the next big summer update, I would have leaked everything in January. Please don't take it too seriously, just a guess from me what could go! Of course there are still train DLCs and new routes that need to be worked on, but that could be the main roadmap for 2023. i.e. a TSW4 version is not necessary for the time being. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  22. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

That's a route absolutely crying out for electrification, absolutely.

• Like Like x 3
  23. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

One of my biggest expectations of route improvements is the Southeast Speed. I really want to expand it to London Victoria, Ramsgate and Dover. Attach the Chatham line to it, as implemented in the TC.
    The combination of the Brighton highway and the south coast looks very good.
    I believe that it will receive its improvements LIRR and new functions TSW3. It would be great to get it extended to Port of Jefferson, Ronkonkoma, Bebilon, New DC30 train is a must.
    Duisburg-Bochum looks like a high-speed stub. It cannot be left like this. In my mind, the amazing route Cologne-Düsseldorf-Duisburg-Essen-Bochum-Dortmund. Put all existing German traffic on it and it will be a bomb.
    If you dream up, then the united knot of Cologne would be very exciting. Imagine the Cologne-Aachen network; Cologne-Duisburg-Dortmund; Cologne-Wuppertal-Hagen; Cologne-Koblenz. Wow!!!!
    I dream of modernizing the Ruhr Sig Nord and expanding it to Siegen. Awesome route.
    I have many suggestions for all routes, but these are the most desirable.

24. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

For some reason, i would like to improve LIRR by:
    Adding NY&AR GP38-2 (No Dynamic brakes), MP15AC and maybe the PRLX 20B, aswell as adding in some rolling stock for COFC duties that are for trash iirc, etc. also with other wagons from other routes for example boxcars (Cajon Pass will be required for BNSF ones that are delivering goods to Belmont to feed horses), twin bay hoppers, tankers, gondolas (from Horseshoe Curve) and centerbeams (for lumber services).
    Adding DM30AC and DE30AC with the bilevels for other LIRR services (coming out of Long Island City)
    Adding the missing link between Long Island City and Jamaica via the Fresh Pond Yard
    Maybe adding the extension to Ronkonkoma?
    Adding TSW3 lightning ofc, including the snow build up and new sky.

• Like Like x 2
  25. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

I would update West Somerset Railway by
    1. Update the route visually so it looks like its a new route as well as add some more things that aren't present on the route such as the loco shed at Bishops Lydeard. I would also have it so you can go into the some of the station buildings and sheds around the route.

2. Update the Timetable - The timetable is set during a Diesel Gala so why not have some gala-exclusive things like demo goods trains between Norton Flitzwarren and Minehead, Top 'n' Tail action aswell as one of the final trains being a double header. Heck, we have an 08 and some 12Ton vans at Washford so why not have a shunting demostration there and then be tasked to take the 08 and the vans to either Minehead. Williton or Bishops Lydeard.

3. Update the Scenarios - The scenarios are pretty boring so I would get rid of the ones were the whole point is to go between BL and Minehead (or vise versa) and keep the shunting scenarios and the two railtour ones. A new scenario would be something along the lines of a rescue/recovery scenario where a loco has failed at Stogumber and you are tasked to take a diesel from Wiliton to recover the failure and its train and take it to Wiliton, then uncouple to failure from its train at Willtion, place it in a siding then take the train to its destination at Minehead.

• Like Like x 3
  26. rennekton#1349

We've already gotten an extension to sehs. Can't ask for another one so soon lol. Give other routes a chance first

• Like Like x 2
  27. monstamash#2327

monstamash#2327 Member

1. Oakville Subdivision
    2. HSC
    3. Sherman Hill

28. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Yes to this suggestion but do not forget ALL of the other ignored branches between Paddington and Reading.

29. driverwoods#1787

One reason why it can happen is that you can have a locomotive change inside Aachen Hauptbahnhof SNCB/NMBS HLE18 Siemens get dropped for Dispolok Baureihe 182 which is going to stand in for the correct ÖBB Baureihe 1116 at 20:45 using the current 2023 schedule
    Video is this

• Like Like x 1
  30. TrainGeek08

Locomotive changes would be a first then if the extension took place :)

31. steve08

steve08 Active Member

Extend Duisburg to Bochum to dortmund/solingen

32. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

Recently started playing London Commuter again, hadn’t played it since TSW3 came out.

But back to being my favourite route, despite some annoying flaws. Definitely think it should be the next one to get the treatment Boston is getting -

• Implement new lighting and 3d clouds
    • Sort the passenger for Rush Hour and stop the empty trains from Gatwick
    • Sort the blurry wheels
    • Fix the cab lighting on the 377
    • Finish Reigate scenery
    • Extend to London Bridge
    • Add the Thameslink 700

Think with the addition of the 700 & extension to London Bridge folk would be happy to pay for a polished London Commuter. Especially as the 700 could layer onto several routes

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  33. driverwoods#1787

There's another way to add a BR1440 it's actually RRO and HRR giving it to Tharandter Rampe since DTG doesn't have a Veolia Transdev licence for BR 1440 silver but the Red ones from HRR & RRO can layer to Tharandter Rampe. Riesa-Dresden Talent 2s to Elsterwerda Hoyerswerda and Cottbus via Großenhain are actually VVO & VBB decals.
    Here's an RE18 VVO VBB Cottbus Großenhain Coswig Dresden Neustadt Dresden Hbf Talent 2 with the correct VVO VBB decals. Note 442 148 seen here and rendered in game it will have VVO MDV but not the correct VVO VBB decals
    [​IMG]