Tsw: Autumn Update Available Now

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Nov 20, 2018.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

In response to your important feedback, we have today released an update for Train Sim World, and add-ons, on Windows PC.

READ MORE

• Like Like x 9
  2. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

YES, get in. Thanks guys :) Looks like a lot of work gone into this patch. It also signposts the future with the way it tackles issues across the various dlc. From a personal perspective Im delighted to see GWE get some love.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

Nice update, sadly no fix to the speeds in the Penn Tunnels, hopefully that eventually gets resolved

• Like Like x 2
  4. idiosis

idiosis Member

Rapid Transit PZB issues conspicuously absent from that list.

• Like Like x 2
  5. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

HH lighting in tunnels and US diesel physics aren't on that list either - also the new DLC .. the world is absolutely dead.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

From an interview with Matt, one of the devs-
    "Initially we are rolling this out as part of Train Sim World: West Somerset Railway for the included BR Class 47 and BR Class 09 Diesel-Electric locomotives. In the background, the team are already working on upgrading the BR Class 66 and BR Class 43 from Train Sim World: Great Western Express (the BR Class 166 is a Diesel Hydraulic unit and already works as it should). Finally, we plan to take a good look at the US locomotives included with Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul and Train Sim World: Northeast Corridor New York - specifically the CSX GP38-2, GP40-2, SD40-2 and the CSX AC4400CW (the Amtrak ACS-64 is pure electric and already works exactly as it should). These require some additional work (such as for the Dynamic Brake system) and that's why they're taking a bit longer."

7. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I don’t understand why ones of the most important aspects of the core game, and with it affecting all TSW users regardless of which DLC we own, has gone untouched.

This is.. the completely useless 2D map.
    With no PA, working departure boards and train destination screens, how are we supposed to know where the train is going and what calling points it has when in service mode?

This hasn’t been changed one bit since release of the game apart from, you guessed it, a change in background colour.

I see DTG have their priorities though..;
    • Added missing Desk Light

• Like Like x 6
  8. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Train Sim World® 2018-11-27 19-33-33.png
    Run with diesel Class 66 + 15 freight cars at about 210km/h have no price. Let's try the GWE Service that start at 11:01 (Reading-Acton Yard) and moving full throttle :love:

Note: without wagons this "bad boy" NOW can reach the 250 km/h BUT personally I think that this is not an issue to fix with a max speed limit (like already happen with the other locomotives of this game) because sometime can be funny to run at this insane speed, just to break the game routine...speed that we can reach ONLY in a very limited Services where we meet all green signals and no traffic along our track. And, at today, the only Service where we can run full throttle without big problems is the Service that start at 11:01 (and to find no traffic on our track we have to start to move the train (leave from Reading station) at about the 11:10 and moderate our speed in the tracks junctions, where the speed limit is signaled to 64 km/h, or the train will derail!)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  9. Pierre

Pierre New Member

Nice update, I've pushed the HST up to 157 mph, which feels much more realistic than the previous limit of 125-126 mph. It takes almost the whole line (Paddington -> Reading) to get to that speed.

In that vein, I was a bit surprised that equaling one of the HST's speed records (max at 238 km/h in 1987, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InterCity_125) isn't rewarded with any achievement. That would be a nice addition!

The simulated HST may be slightly overpowered at it can run at 157 mph with a full consist, whereas the records were established with shortened consists. I have tried to make a shorter consist in the game, but couldn't manage to uncouple the cars.

Another oddity is that the TPWS doesn't seem functional, no speed warning ever during the above test. (I had the AWS on and functional with ctrl+enter, I assumed this enables the TPWS as well).

10. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I pushed the HST up to 260-265km/h the only performance they can increase is the acceleration ' cause this train its too slow in acceleration also from 0 to 100km/h. To reach "max speed" (not speed record but about 230-240km/h) he need about 30km. If you start from Reading you will reach the 230-240km/h at about Slough station (at the middle distance between Reading an London). The Class 66, in same route, after 4 or 5 km from the start already has passed the 200km/h.

11. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

TPWS was supposed to be added later as they didn't have time before the release but then so was the Passenger Information System (PIS). Deep sigh of frustration. :(

• Like Like x 1